• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:19
CEST 19:19
KST 02:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12772 users

[Champion] Udyr - Page 51

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 54 Next
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-29 17:19:48
March 29 2013 17:18 GMT
#1001
On March 30 2013 01:04 Ghost-z wrote:
Are you using twin shadows before bear stance to help close the gap quickly or between bear stances so you can stick to them?


I used it to initiate the encounter. I used it as I entered lanes during the lane phase, then late game I used it to punished wiffed skills and start team fights on my terms.
Carrilord has arrived.
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
March 29 2013 19:13 GMT
#1002
While it does help with ganks, especially duo lanes, I don't feel like its work rushing unless you really need the MR early. As a jungler you want armor early. If you can spam turtle to keep yourself healthy during clears without going OOM then I could see the value. I just think other items are more important first but I don't have a lot of Udyr experience.
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
March 29 2013 19:48 GMT
#1003
what masteries do you take on udyr? or on junglers in general? I usually go 21-9-0 or 9-21-0, but I think Runic Affinity is really one of the best masteries. And especially on Udyr I think blue buff really makes a difference DPS wise..

So you think 9-12-9 or 0-21-9 is viable?
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
Lightswarm
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada967 Posts
March 29 2013 19:54 GMT
#1004
I think getting 2 rejuv beads 1 hp 2 mp pot or 1 pot+ward sets up udyr very nicely. you can build either dmg with tiamat or tanky and defensive.
Team[AoV]
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
March 29 2013 20:10 GMT
#1005
On March 29 2013 12:07 obesechicken13 wrote:
The bear stance buff is pretty good for Udyr. I stopped getting turtle a long time ago so I haven't noticed that change yet. And turtle I never built AP scaling so I usually just ignored the stance until level 16. The distance of the bear stance charge isn't much but for some reason it makes stunning people much easier.

what the fuck?
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
March 29 2013 20:26 GMT
#1006
On March 30 2013 05:10 koreasilver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2013 12:07 obesechicken13 wrote:
The bear stance buff is pretty good for Udyr. I stopped getting turtle a long time ago so I haven't noticed that change yet. And turtle I never built AP scaling so I usually just ignored the stance until level 16. The distance of the bear stance charge isn't much but for some reason it makes stunning people much easier.

what the fuck?

I like killing stuff. Never felt like enough damage with turtle second. I don't think there are many champs that have Udyr's single item damage.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
March 29 2013 23:04 GMT
#1007
On March 30 2013 05:26 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 05:10 koreasilver wrote:
On March 29 2013 12:07 obesechicken13 wrote:
The bear stance buff is pretty good for Udyr. I stopped getting turtle a long time ago so I haven't noticed that change yet. And turtle I never built AP scaling so I usually just ignored the stance until level 16. The distance of the bear stance charge isn't much but for some reason it makes stunning people much easier.

what the fuck?

I like killing stuff. Never felt like enough damage with turtle second. I don't think there are many champs that have Udyr's single item damage.

Turtles a free 220 damage shield every.. 6 seconds or less with CDR, aswell as a free 20% lifesteal(or so) why would you not get it?
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
March 30 2013 00:09 GMT
#1008
On March 30 2013 05:26 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 05:10 koreasilver wrote:
On March 29 2013 12:07 obesechicken13 wrote:
The bear stance buff is pretty good for Udyr. I stopped getting turtle a long time ago so I haven't noticed that change yet. And turtle I never built AP scaling so I usually just ignored the stance until level 16. The distance of the bear stance charge isn't much but for some reason it makes stunning people much easier.

what the fuck?

I like killing stuff. Never felt like enough damage with turtle second. I don't think there are many champs that have Udyr's single item damage.

You're doing something wrong. Either mechanically, or you expect Udyr to burst as hard as LB when what's monstruous is his sustainability (both damage and tankiness) more than his burst.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-30 01:41:00
March 30 2013 01:40 GMT
#1009
On March 30 2013 05:26 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 05:10 koreasilver wrote:
On March 29 2013 12:07 obesechicken13 wrote:
The bear stance buff is pretty good for Udyr. I stopped getting turtle a long time ago so I haven't noticed that change yet. And turtle I never built AP scaling so I usually just ignored the stance until level 16. The distance of the bear stance charge isn't much but for some reason it makes stunning people much easier.

what the fuck?

I like killing stuff. Never felt like enough damage with turtle second. I don't think there are many champs that have Udyr's single item damage.

If you really want to max both Q and R, I'd max Q/R over bear, never turtle. Turtle is just ridiculous. With no cdr, level 5 turtle is effectively giving you over 35 hp a second with just the shield alone.
czylu
Profile Joined June 2012
477 Posts
March 30 2013 03:07 GMT
#1010
On March 30 2013 05:26 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 05:10 koreasilver wrote:
On March 29 2013 12:07 obesechicken13 wrote:
The bear stance buff is pretty good for Udyr. I stopped getting turtle a long time ago so I haven't noticed that change yet. And turtle I never built AP scaling so I usually just ignored the stance until level 16. The distance of the bear stance charge isn't much but for some reason it makes stunning people much easier.

what the fuck?

I like killing stuff. Never felt like enough damage with turtle second. I don't think there are many champs that have Udyr's single item damage.


udyr's damage is not item dependant. You will end up doing more damage building pure tank rather then dps stats, since you'll live longer. If you can't survive a 5man focus as udyr(and you won't unless you build tank). you're kinda useless cuz as soon as u hit dps range ur dead.
Kontossis
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada256 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-30 05:59:15
March 30 2013 05:56 GMT
#1011
There's a few things about Udyr after trying him out a bit. Udyr LIVES on defenses, CDR and mana. You actually really need mana after the change to Turtle stance. As you get more defense and CDR, Turtle stance becomes absurdly powerful. Health is less important because of this fact, but you still need a bit. I've been going for Mercury Treads, Iceborn Gauntlet, Frozen Heart, Bulwark, Randuin's and Wits End. With this, you get around 3300 health, 370ish armor, 180-200 MR and 30% CDR. The change to his Phoenix stance hitting on the first hit really makes it so that you can keep switching stances without waiting for the 3rd auto, which makes getting CDR a bit more effective.
Nom nom nom...
Magus
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
March 30 2013 08:31 GMT
#1012
After finally playing a game with newdyr, gotta love how much damage you output with Tiger into Pheonix. Squishies just disappear. Get enough CDR and you can go Tiger (store) - Bear (hit) - Pheonix (hit) - Tiger (hit) and just watch them disappear.

Also the clearspeed in the jungle alternating between Tiger and Pheonix is just insane.
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
March 30 2013 09:36 GMT
#1013
So.. Is top lane Udyr good ? He's strong 1v1er but I guess his main problem would be mana issue ? I can'tthink of any really bad match up except maybe Teemo ? And would IBG be good on him ?
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
March 30 2013 12:18 GMT
#1014
If you really want a slow just buy phage/triforce, FH > IBG if you want defenses.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
March 30 2013 15:52 GMT
#1015
I actually prefer the slow from IBG over triforce. That 25% to proc is too unreliable compared to the large AoE slow every 2 seconds. There's no reason Udyr can't hit that AoE slow on every cooldown.
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
Arekan
Profile Joined February 2011
United States248 Posts
March 30 2013 21:41 GMT
#1016
With the removal of the mana return from turtle, is there a possibility of building tear > manamune as Udyr top?
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
March 30 2013 21:52 GMT
#1017
On March 30 2013 21:18 Alaric wrote:
If you really want a slow just buy phage/triforce, FH > IBG if you want defenses.

ewww FH so bad now
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
March 30 2013 22:56 GMT
#1018
On March 31 2013 06:52 101toss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 21:18 Alaric wrote:
If you really want a slow just buy phage/triforce, FH > IBG if you want defenses.

ewww FH so bad now

wat
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
March 30 2013 23:37 GMT
#1019
On March 31 2013 06:41 Arekan wrote:
With the removal of the mana return from turtle, is there a possibility of building tear > manamune as Udyr top?

If it procced off the ticks on tiger it might be worth it. I'd say get IBG/FH/TF(one of the three, or TF+FH) cause once youve got mana and the stances costs go down its really not a big deal.

Top Udyr def got hit with the no more mana off turtle nerf though.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
greggy
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom1483 Posts
March 31 2013 00:32 GMT
#1020
I honestly don't get how people actually do damage as udyr. Like, what exactly do you do in a teamfight? Even if I get free reign on an adc their bruisers can most likely kill my adc much faster and there's really not much utility that udyr brings either.. run around e-stunning people? is that really it?

and how the hell are you supposed to sustain mana while clearing the jungle? the spirit stone is really poor mana regen and with turtle nerf I just run out of mana the minute I leave the base, glacial solves that somewhat but if I need to spend like 70-105 (that's with maxed stances, mind you) mana on each camp that's just fucking poor and I'd rather go play nasus or something instead.
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM923
TKL 357
IndyStarCraft 255
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 923
ByuN 420
TKL 357
IndyStarCraft 255
BRAT_OK 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46193
Calm 3014
firebathero 157
actioN 140
Free 45
Mong 32
ToSsGirL 29
Rock 26
soO 23
Aegong 20
[ Show more ]
Pusan 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9787
Dendi1121
League of Legends
Reynor206
Counter-Strike
fl0m5388
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby525
Liquid`Hasu277
MindelVK16
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1784
FrodaN1067
Beastyqt748
B2W.Neo674
Mlord514
olofmeister481
Khaldor459
KnowMe300
crisheroes153
Livibee95
ToD61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick230
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 24
• Reevou 9
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach59
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Nemesis3295
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1467
Other Games
• Shiphtur713
• imaqtpie286
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 42m
OSC
5h 42m
Replay Cast
5h 42m
OSC
18h 42m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.