• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9385 users

[Champion] Shaco - Page 6

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
Crazazyasian1337
Profile Joined October 2009
United States362 Posts
January 04 2011 04:58 GMT
#101
On January 01 2011 07:15 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2011 01:21 InsideTheBox wrote:
On December 31 2010 23:53 emucxg wrote:
On December 31 2010 19:24 HazMat wrote:
w,e,q. E > Q > W.

reginald upgrades W first

L2Read?


pretty sure he means maxes W first, L2commonsense before being rude :/


I think it depends on your play style. Reg tends to set up JitB traps, so it makes sense that he would max it first, however, not everyone plays shaco that way. I usually just run around ganking people on the move, so I like to max deceive first for the extra burst.
;)))))))))
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
January 06 2011 22:23 GMT
#102
I thought of something funny to do as Shaco but I'm not sure if it's viable. After you buy your items asap, ghost towards the enemy's lizard camp and start jitb'ing it up to get ready to steal it. When wraiths spawn smite the blue one and then kill the lizard, killing the rest of the wraiths if you want to be a bigger dick to the other jungler.

From there on, either gank if people are overextending, or go to your blue and continue jungling through the normal blue->wolves->wraiths->golem. I say skip lizard and just place a jitb in the bush incase the enemy jungler comes to steal it, so you can prolong the duration of your own red for ganking purposes.

So this basically screws over the enemy jungler, moreso than a wraith jack would since red is so important for ganking. Is it viable though? I say use ghost at the beginning as to avoid anyone that could possible see you going from mid->bush->lizard.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
January 06 2011 22:47 GMT
#103
you better bring your whole team if you do that cause a shaco without deceive in the other team's jungle is just begging to give fb
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
January 06 2011 23:24 GMT
#104
Wouldn't that be fixed if you hid in a bush and just ran if the enemy came? I end up getting deceive right after the lizard camp finishes to be safe.
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
January 06 2011 23:52 GMT
#105
Problem is if they pop your boxes your jungling is terrislow. What u gonna do, steal ur solomid's exp and gold? :p
But yes stealing red is perfectly viable, hopefully with some assistance from your team it is extremely potent as well. If you get your team to rush to the red with you, and a poor garen facechecks dat brush, he should be easy pickings for your boxes + team. Firstblood will generally offset the boxpopping, as well as you should be able to wraithjack with ease.
Hey! Listen!
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
January 06 2011 23:54 GMT
#106
shaco jungling slow if he loses boxes is a common misconception. playing hundreds of shaco games obviously I have been first blooded at my lizard and golem more then a few times. its only a minor setback when i compare my level to even the greatest junglers like warwick and nunu.
Brees on in
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
January 07 2011 01:51 GMT
#107
On January 07 2011 08:54 Brees wrote:
shaco jungling slow if he loses boxes is a common misconception. playing hundreds of shaco games obviously I have been first blooded at my lizard and golem more then a few times. its only a minor setback when i compare my level to even the greatest junglers like warwick and nunu.


do you stream or something? It's hard to find good shaco vids lol
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Crazazyasian1337
Profile Joined October 2009
United States362 Posts
January 07 2011 03:07 GMT
#108
On January 07 2011 08:54 Brees wrote:
shaco jungling slow if he loses boxes is a common misconception. playing hundreds of shaco games obviously I have been first blooded at my lizard and golem more then a few times. its only a minor setback when i compare my level to even the greatest junglers like warwick and nunu.


it's certainly not game ending, but i would say that shaco gets more slowed down if he dies at blue or red than junglers like ww or rammus. As for stealing buffs, one kinda cool path I have recently been taking is starting at blue, then immediately going to their red (assuming their jungler is one that starts at blue) and boxing it up in the brush. After setting up 5ish boxes, you can either wait for their jungler to come to red and hopefully kill them, or just steal their lizard. The couple times I have tried it, it has worked pretty well, but it's not something to do everygame for sure.
;)))))))))
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
January 07 2011 05:40 GMT
#109
On January 07 2011 08:54 Brees wrote:
shaco jungling slow if he loses boxes is a common misconception. playing hundreds of shaco games obviously I have been first blooded at my lizard and golem more then a few times. its only a minor setback when i compare my level to even the greatest junglers like warwick and nunu.


isn't it the 30-40 second slow on your level 2/3 gank that hurts the most? Of course you can still jungle at reasonable speed, especially with timely boxes and knowing how to backstab with fear. its just that the enemy lanes don't have to fear a 2/3 gank and play more passively for quite a while or risk getting punished (im scared shitless if we don't have a cv esp cuz i can't creep count anymore) at an extremely quick time anymore that makes the biggest diff imo
Hey! Listen!
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 07 2011 08:52 GMT
#110

I'm looking forward to his next tutorial .
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Crazazyasian1337
Profile Joined October 2009
United States362 Posts
January 07 2011 13:57 GMT
#111
also
;)))))))))
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 10 2011 06:27 GMT
#112
[image loading]
[image loading]

I might start playing shaco in ranked over WW, not sure yet.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
checo
Profile Joined November 2008
Mexico1364 Posts
January 10 2011 09:15 GMT
#113
On January 10 2011 15:27 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I might start playing shaco in ranked over WW, not sure yet.


You should give it a try in ranked its so fun ^^ just make sure your team keeps u protected at the set up for the jungle... i have been molested so many times while my team was just dancing around....
El amor no mueve al mundo, ni hace brillar el sol, pero el amor hace latir este corazon....
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
January 10 2011 19:06 GMT
#114
warwick is extremely weak compared to shaco once you master him (unless you have a heal comp of course, then warwick is just a 1v5 wrecking ball)
Brees on in
awesomoboi
Profile Joined April 2010
United States42 Posts
January 12 2011 07:15 GMT
#115
On January 11 2011 04:06 Brees wrote:
warwick is extremely weak compared to shaco once you master him (unless you have a heal comp of course, then warwick is just a 1v5 wrecking ball)

Totally agree. I've been playing just a bit of Shaco in ranked (not enough to say much though and I'm low elo), and I absolutely would choose Shaco over WW in almost all cases, I just don't feel the control over jungle as much when I play WW.

I feel like I don't really have any control if enemy jungle walks into my jungle when I'm WW, especially now that I can't see when their creeps pause for a long time now, other than being super map aware all the time and trying to dodge them... Whereas with Shaco, I feel like I can just go around anywhere and do as I please wrecking their jungle anyway anyhow, totally throwing them off.
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 12:58:17
January 12 2011 12:49 GMT
#116
What do you guys consider the core build for Shaco? I generally go Wriggle's + IE but I've been considering Wriggle's + Bloodthirster for the extra AD and lifesteal. IE is more appealing to me because of its unique + sheen proc with deceive, or is that just mindless theorycrafting?

Also, are merc treads worth it over mob boots against certain team comps? I almost always go for the latter.
Truez
Profile Joined July 2009
Australia147 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 13:05:03
January 12 2011 13:02 GMT
#117
Cloth+pots->razors->boots->wriggles->hexdrinker->boots5->Trinity/GB/BT (your choice). Pretty much the core items. Boots 5 > Mercs imo, since if you play him right you won't be copping alot of CC anyway. Hexdrinker is vital as it allows you to survive non-bads who instantly run from Shaco ganks, and the proc works on the image too. BT is a great item, but its components take kinda long to buy and leaves a huge power gap compared to GB/Trinity where all the components benefit and are easy to acquire. Wouldn't recomment Madreds Shaco as its so situational and cost-ineffective, but hey just my opinion.

Everyone has their own playstyle so I won't be surprised if people build other stuff.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 12 2011 17:09 GMT
#118
I started playing Shaco in ranked and my builds are doing okay, lost a game to chauster/saintvicious when they went fucking beast mode on me but I've been crushing every other game. I hate feeling weak during parts of the game where I would be crushing with Warwick though, but I know I'm trading it for a retarded sick gank phase.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
checo
Profile Joined November 2008
Mexico1364 Posts
January 12 2011 17:47 GMT
#119
On January 13 2011 02:09 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I started playing Shaco in ranked and my builds are doing okay, lost a game to chauster/saintvicious when they went fucking beast mode on me but I've been crushing every other game. I hate feeling weak during parts of the game where I would be crushing with Warwick though, but I know I'm trading it for a retarded sick gank phase.


I would really like to see some of your games with shaco XD do you stream or something like that?
El amor no mueve al mundo, ni hace brillar el sol, pero el amor hace latir este corazon....
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
January 12 2011 18:36 GMT
#120
im usually doing ghostblade/berserk/black cleaver/wriggles/banshee/hexdrinker atm
Brees on in
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 299
Mind 67
sorry 40
Bale 32
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
JimRising 705
Other Games
summit1g8934
Coldzera 725
WinterStarcraft659
C9.Mang0296
Sick131
febbydoto12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
BasetradeTV207
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2166
League of Legends
• Rush1319
Other Games
• Shiphtur521
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 2m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.