• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:03
CEST 07:03
KST 14:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8956 users

[Champion] Shaco - Page 3

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
December 05 2010 06:49 GMT
#41
i just recently beat the crap out of a shaco by running double jungle. it was funny

on a more related note, i really like wriggles+triforce, i think its my new staple shaco build
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
December 05 2010 08:20 GMT
#42
On December 04 2010 04:43 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2010 20:27 Iplaythings wrote:
jungle tank shaco: (how I do it atleast)
cloth 5 pot / red pot 5 pot (depends if you wanna start red buff for gank or bluebuff)
boots 1
wriggles
hog
negatron (pump red pots from here on!)
Blood thirster (or triforce)
banshees
later, upgrade HoG to a rhanduins/sunfire
Thats how I do it atleast, I dont like rushing for baron because I wont have free wards /( inifinite jungling with wriggles then)


your damage is coming wayyyyyyyy too late with this build. if you're going for these items, get the thirster before the HoG or the negatron or you're gonna get it too late for it to matter

Its tanky, but it works since I allways find myself taking ALOT of damage and getting away with 100 ~ health with this build.

My biggest problem playing shaco was that I would allways die in a snapsecond after I engage.

And if I DO manage to get fed with this build I will just be unkillable and doing alot of damage, the damage isnt that bad.

Also I shoulda said that if I go triforce I get phage zeal or sheen before the negatron
In the woods, there lurks..
AtlaS
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1001 Posts
December 06 2010 15:52 GMT
#43
I've pretty much completely given up on going AD carry into a late game with Shaco. No matter how many kills I get in the early/mid game, I still get destroyed late game against a semi-competent team. The only way I don't get crushed is if I don't engage in a team fight until a few seconds after the initiation, where I jump in and kill off the stragglers and non-tankies.

Problem with that though is my team is pretty much fighting 4v5 for about three seconds and that's not good. But if I engage when everyone else engages or just a second afterwards, I die instantaneously and it still becomes a 4v5 fight.

Any advice on the situation guys? I've switched to a support/harass build compensate for my late game weakness. I now almost always go wriggles, mobility boots, phantom dancer +flasks to snipe off towers. It annoys the shit out of the other team and allows my team to engage at another tower while the other team is scrambling to take care of me.

So far the switch works decent for me, though it often leads to unnecessarily longer games since it takes 3 or 4 trips take out a tower with no minion support. Obviously it's faster if my minions are pushing hard but I usually don't get that luxury.

Any help guys? Am I doing basically what I should be doing? Or am I reading the situation completely wrong? For the record, I am pretty good with early game shaco since I usually play with at least 2 other friends and we can coordinate well on skype.
I don't have mono anymore. Woooo!
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
December 06 2010 15:59 GMT
#44
On December 07 2010 00:52 AtlaS wrote:
The only way I don't get crushed is if I don't engage in a team fight until a few seconds after the initiation, where I jump in and kill off the stragglers and non-tankies.


This is exactly what you're supposed to do
it's my first day
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
December 06 2010 17:10 GMT
#45
Shaco doesn't carry, he's anti-carry
checo
Profile Joined November 2008
Mexico1364 Posts
December 07 2010 00:51 GMT
#46
So i just started playing shaco and i must say is damn fun and i love it gonna made it my main, im running AP reds, life ren per lvl yellows and CD reduction blues with flat life quins, some advice to improve this???(Im running this cause this are the runes that i owned for playing mundo XD)

El amor no mueve al mundo, ni hace brillar el sol, pero el amor hace latir este corazon....
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
December 07 2010 00:56 GMT
#47
On December 07 2010 00:52 AtlaS wrote:
I've pretty much completely given up on going AD carry into a late game with Shaco. No matter how many kills I get in the early/mid game, I still get destroyed late game against a semi-competent team. The only way I don't get crushed is if I don't engage in a team fight until a few seconds after the initiation, where I jump in and kill off the stragglers and non-tankies.

Problem with that though is my team is pretty much fighting 4v5 for about three seconds and that's not good. But if I engage when everyone else engages or just a second afterwards, I die instantaneously and it still becomes a 4v5 fight.

Any advice on the situation guys? I've switched to a support/harass build compensate for my late game weakness. I now almost always go wriggles, mobility boots, phantom dancer +flasks to snipe off towers. It annoys the shit out of the other team and allows my team to engage at another tower while the other team is scrambling to take care of me.

So far the switch works decent for me, though it often leads to unnecessarily longer games since it takes 3 or 4 trips take out a tower with no minion support. Obviously it's faster if my minions are pushing hard but I usually don't get that luxury.

Any help guys? Am I doing basically what I should be doing? Or am I reading the situation completely wrong? For the record, I am pretty good with early game shaco since I usually play with at least 2 other friends and we can coordinate well on skype.


lategame shaco just pushes lanes and backdoors while his teammates fight
don't even bother teamfighting unless you can pick off stragglers
run to a different lane and push 2 towers instead. force the other team to send 2 people to stop you pushing at all times (because shaco will kill anyone 1 on 1, they can't send just 1 person) to give your team 4v3 fights instead of 4v5s
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
December 07 2010 00:59 GMT
#48
Anyone try Ghostblade after wriggles on Shaco? feels vicious
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
December 07 2010 07:19 GMT
#49
On December 07 2010 09:59 Odds wrote:
Anyone try Ghostblade after wriggles on Shaco? feels vicious

shaco needs to be more pokey, and Ghostblade probally wont do much at shaco without IE

Shaco cant rely that much on autoattack without having build tanky because he is so squishy, that he needs to act like a poker in teamfights, thats why trinity / BT is good for him because it grants him more surviveabillity while still having damage.

I played somewhat alot with shaco, and the madreds super dps shaco only works when you noobstomp, or for cleanup, but even in cleanup you need banshees / rhanduins / GA / a sunfire (one / 2 of them is enough usually).

the only reason I'd go for ghostblade if I allready had surviveabillity AND IE, other than that its passive would only be good for running away.
In the woods, there lurks..
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
December 07 2010 07:49 GMT
#50
On December 07 2010 16:19 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2010 09:59 Odds wrote:
Anyone try Ghostblade after wriggles on Shaco? feels vicious

shaco needs to be more pokey, and Ghostblade probally wont do much at shaco without IE

Shaco cant rely that much on autoattack without having build tanky because he is so squishy, that he needs to act like a poker in teamfights, thats why trinity / BT is good for him because it grants him more surviveabillity while still having damage.

I played somewhat alot with shaco, and the madreds super dps shaco only works when you noobstomp, or for cleanup, but even in cleanup you need banshees / rhanduins / GA / a sunfire (one / 2 of them is enough usually).

the only reason I'd go for ghostblade if I allready had surviveabillity AND IE, other than that its passive would only be good for running away.

Makes sense to me.
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
December 07 2010 08:20 GMT
#51
On December 07 2010 16:49 Odds wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2010 16:19 Iplaythings wrote:
On December 07 2010 09:59 Odds wrote:
Anyone try Ghostblade after wriggles on Shaco? feels vicious

shaco needs to be more pokey, and Ghostblade probally wont do much at shaco without IE

Shaco cant rely that much on autoattack without having build tanky because he is so squishy, that he needs to act like a poker in teamfights, thats why trinity / BT is good for him because it grants him more surviveabillity while still having damage.

I played somewhat alot with shaco, and the madreds super dps shaco only works when you noobstomp, or for cleanup, but even in cleanup you need banshees / rhanduins / GA / a sunfire (one / 2 of them is enough usually).

the only reason I'd go for ghostblade if I allready had surviveabillity AND IE, other than that its passive would only be good for running away.

Makes sense to me.

what are the rest of your build like? Brutalizer is nice on shaco but the crit wont do much without IE, thats my viewpoint
In the woods, there lurks..
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
December 07 2010 14:48 GMT
#52
I just tried it in a couple games, I hadn't ironed out a 'build' yet really.

I think wriggles -> triforce is stronger anyhow
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
December 07 2010 16:15 GMT
#53
my build right now is something like

wriggles, merc treads, brutalizer, banshee veil

then bloodrazor or IE depending on their team

I keep fortitude elixir up 100% of the time after completing brutalizer to stay relevant midgame

he's good for padding k/d/a but he wont win you games outright unless your team actively helps you counter jungle them and you start controlling all four buffs.
Brees on in
checo
Profile Joined November 2008
Mexico1364 Posts
December 07 2010 17:48 GMT
#54
Today i scored my first quadra kill in ranked games with shaco =D
El amor no mueve al mundo, ni hace brillar el sol, pero el amor hace latir este corazon....
Sha[DoW]
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada110 Posts
December 07 2010 19:52 GMT
#55
I've been building BR into IE then GA followed by more damage (usually BT). By the time you get your Guardian Angel you can just deceive in on their carry, instagib them then do massive damage before you either lose your GA or you deceive away. If they focus you and you go into GA respawn you can just deceive away, possibly coming in for another backstab if you think it will be beneficial to the team (yes, sometimes this means dying). So far it has been very successful. While GA is down I usually just push lanes or backdoor towers.
Some people are like slinkies, completely useless, but they bring a smile to your face when you shove them down the stairs.
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
December 07 2010 23:30 GMT
#56
Everytime I see a lane shaco on my team I get a bit sad, and then when we lose I get depressed because he hasn't hit lvl 11 yet and done nothing in team fights
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
December 10 2010 09:04 GMT
#57
new boss jungle shaco build

open ap tome, rush for quadruple ap tomes to get hextech revolver (this one first, spellvamp for jungling), sheen, and malady. Turn sheen into lichbane. afterwards, get whatever the hell ap items u want. Max shiv first, 1 lvl of decieve at 3 max jitbs second, naturally get r whenever possible.

i should note its probably note that i dont like the reginald path for this, better to open blue buff instead and abuse the hell out of jitbs. the jungling is a bit slower, but its really fun, and you do alot of dmg ^.^
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
December 10 2010 17:08 GMT
#58
On December 10 2010 18:04 barbsq wrote:
new boss jungle shaco build

open ap tome, rush for quadruple ap tomes to get hextech revolver (this one first, spellvamp for jungling), sheen, and malady. Turn sheen into lichbane. afterwards, get whatever the hell ap items u want. Max shiv first, 1 lvl of decieve at 3 max jitbs second, naturally get r whenever possible.

i should note its probably note that i dont like the reginald path for this, better to open blue buff instead and abuse the hell out of jitbs. the jungling is a bit slower, but its really fun, and you do alot of dmg ^.^


AP Shaco ftw
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
December 12 2010 03:30 GMT
#59
do sunfires still stack with the shaco clone?
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
December 12 2010 05:54 GMT
#60
nope
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
ProTech150
Nina 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3521
Shuttle 1469
Sharp 375
Dewaltoss 88
Mong 64
Noble 14
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox574
Mew2King26
Other Games
summit1g7806
WinterStarcraft545
C9.Mang0257
Sick115
ViBE107
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Lourlo1069
• Stunt355
Other Games
• Shiphtur423
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 57m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.