• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:11
CEST 21:11
KST 04:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7966 users

[Champion] Nasus - Page 4

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
December 14 2010 18:28 GMT
#61
I was running around the map like fed singed each time I used it, idk how you could possibly fail with it. lol
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
January 03 2011 11:31 GMT
#62
Just raped a game with this build. 7/1/11

I usually pretty mediocre with him, but this game i was tower diving like crazy, getting kills and getting away. Killing the panth jumping in and the TF trying to gank haha.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
Aurdon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2007 Posts
January 22 2011 14:14 GMT
#63
Been doing a build where I start d-shield>>hog>>sheen>> catalyst. Seems like sheen and catalyst give me all the mana I will need with the 0/9/21. Sheen gives me a little extra damage early and midgame and helps with farming. I turn hog into randuins next and catalyst into Banshee order depending on other team. Turn sheen into Trinity next.

Been maxing Q and E kind of evenly. I need the extra points in Q because I'm not great at farming yet. I haven't been getting a solo lane because it seems a lot more games lately don't have junglers with the nerf or maybe its just my ELO.

My game is inconsistent. I don't really even dominate and sometimes I feed a bit. I haven't quite worked out when to initiate. I seem to think my team is with me and I try to lead the way and get caught sometimes.

I think the build is decent but my gameplay needs works. Any extra tips would be helpful. I'm liking playing nasus. Tanky but gives me hope I could carry some games if I get early kills and branch out items.
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
February 01 2011 14:21 GMT
#64
can anyone give me pointers for how strong my Q should be at certain points, like the 10 and 20 minute mark? I believe I was sitting around 170 bonus and they told me I should have double that at 15 minutes in ( I understand this differs as you solo/face ranged opponents in lane)
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 01 2011 14:38 GMT
#65
300 bonus at 15 minutes is really exaggerating. That's equivalent to 100 creeps killed with SS. Even with decent laning you can only expect 100 cs by 12-14 minutes, and the CD on SS means it's pretty much impossible for ALL of those to be SS kills--particularly if you're playing correctly and not maxing Q first.
Moderator
Ruken
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States858 Posts
February 01 2011 14:52 GMT
#66
On February 01 2011 23:21 Bloodash wrote:
can anyone give me pointers for how strong my Q should be at certain points, like the 10 and 20 minute mark? I believe I was sitting around 170 bonus and they told me I should have double that at 15 minutes in ( I understand this differs as you solo/face ranged opponents in lane)


First it's important that we define "bonus damage". What this really means is the second number in the parentheses displayed in the siphon strike tool tip. For example, when it says "Nasus's next attack will deal 110 (112 + 225) physical damage." 225 divided by 3 is the number of times you've actually used siphon strike to score a killing blow on a minion/champion. That's the number we want and that's your bonus damage.

Too many people use siphon strike on a minion and see they did 400 damage and say "I have 400 bonus damage you guys all suck at farming Nasus's Q!"

I haven't played too much Nasus since the buff, but from what I've played you should aim for around 150 bonus damage by 10 minutes. Bear in mind these numbers are only if you have a solo and if you're controlling the lane. You should get around 300 bonus damage by 20 minutes.

It's been my experience that most people stating you should have like 200 bonus damage at 7 minutes in are usually playing at such a low level that their opponents are terrible and don't know how to pressure Nasus at all. Sometimes vs a good opponent you can get those kind of numbers but that's only in rare cases.

MIK Terran
Ruken
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States858 Posts
February 01 2011 14:55 GMT
#67
Oh and I use cooldown runes and cooldown masteries combined with sneaking a level into Q whenever I can. It's ridiculous how much a duo lane or someone that can harass you slows down your Q farming. It can mean you only have 115 bonus damage by like 20 minutes lol.
MIK Terran
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
February 02 2011 16:07 GMT
#68
thanks, good to know I'm not a total nub, yes it really depends what you are facing, I usually try to compensate to creep a bit more but that doesn't get you very far in the long run
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23430 Posts
February 02 2011 16:24 GMT
#69
Nasus damage is pretty secondary to his tanking ability early in the game. Your ultimate will always be a heavy source of your damage and whither makes you useful even with low damage. I'd easily sacrifice bonus damage in order to get more CS overall or avoid dying. Havling that extra bit of hp that stops you from being burst down even with ultimate up makes a massive difference.
Mazer
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada1086 Posts
February 08 2011 18:14 GMT
#70
I've been starting Nasus with boots + 3 potions as I find that extra bit of movement speed makes it easier to get in and last hit with SS. Guess I'm not a big fan of Doran items either (dislike dead-end items) and with the recent price increase, it's easier for me to go this route.

I pretty much build him exactly the same though. Tons of fun getting Triforce and FoN and just chasing down squishies. Totally agree about not needing any more damage beyond sheen/triforce unless of course your team is lacking in which case Ghostblade is pretty badass (zoom zoom zooooom).

Also, I know Frozen Mallet is a little redundant with triforce but it is really fun sometimes.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23430 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 18:24:32
February 08 2011 18:23 GMT
#71
You're too valuable to your team to be a chaser IMO. Don't bother with FoN for that reason, if you need MR get a banshee veil. The more enemies aronud the more your leech with your ulti and them ore AD you get.

You don't need boots at all in lane, you are tanky enough with SoS and dorans shield that you can just last hit without worrying too much about harass. Boots should only be used to try to get kills.

Mallet again is not necessary with whither anyways.

I honestly don't see dorans as a dead end item since 90% of the games you won't need the space that badly anyway. You can sell it lategame for like 200 gold loss after a huge gain in most normal games.
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
February 08 2011 18:32 GMT
#72
I've never needed to get damage items beyond triforce. I'd rather get all tank items and become unkillable. Nasus farms like a boss.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23430 Posts
February 08 2011 19:14 GMT
#73
I want to try Mercs/Randuins/Aegis/Trinity Force/Atma's/I.E or I.E/Last whisper or Black Cleaver if they have a lot of armour with triple bots and blue buff for max CDR and +400 on Q I want to pwn ppl under E with 1 Q crit ^^

I've gotten close but by then the game is ending and people are focusing you. CDR seems to be more important than AD though later on so maybe something like frozen heart is a good idea. with triple pots as much as possible.
Mazer
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada1086 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 23:11:14
February 08 2011 23:06 GMT
#74
On February 09 2011 03:23 Slayer91 wrote:
You're too valuable to your team to be a chaser IMO. Don't bother with FoN for that reason, if you need MR get a banshee veil. The more enemies aronud the more your leech with your ulti and them ore AD you get.

You don't need boots at all in lane, you are tanky enough with SoS and dorans shield that you can just last hit without worrying too much about harass. Boots should only be used to try to get kills.

Mallet again is not necessary with whither anyways.

I honestly don't see dorans as a dead end item since 90% of the games you won't need the space that badly anyway. You can sell it lategame for like 200 gold loss after a huge gain in most normal games.


I've had several games where the other team has a well played carry that was very good at poking and only getting close at the right time (Ashe and Kassadin being common examples). Being able to shut one down early and still make it out to fight the rest is definitely worth it imo. Standing around their tanky characters to get some extra damage doesn't really mean much as they have armor/MR anyways. All the while, the guys that are actually doing damage are dancing outside of range. I guess you can catch a few of their squishier melee characters but I'd rather leave that to my carries.

I will always take BV on a squishy character over FoN, no question. On a tanky character though, I think FoN is really comparable to BV since the regen bonuses will make a difference in a teamfight whereas it's unlikely you'll get more than one blocked spell during that time. I usually go treads with cleanse/ghost so that blocked spell isn't that valuable to me. Plus the speed bonus is a huge plus (our playstyles are different so that probably accounts for our preference in item). I do understand the mana/hp bonus from BV is there; it makes it a close call for a tank.

And you're right about mallet, usually triforce + omen are more than enough after wither. It has been a while since I picked it up tbh, it's just a fun item that goes well on an off-tank.

As for Doran's, it isn't the fact that it takes up a slot or whatever, it's that the 475 gold can go to getting sheen or boots quicker and I find that's a lot more useful. Again, it is a really good item for what you pay and I'm probably in the minority with this preference as a lot of people still opt for Doran's ______ first.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23430 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 02:15:10
February 09 2011 02:11 GMT
#75
Problem is that you should never really be catching up to an ashe/kassadin once whither is worn off because of frost arrow/riftwalk, normally ranged carries just counter you, you need like an AP carry to burst them.

Banshee gives you HP and mana as well remember. FoN gives some more MR as well, but HP regen isnt that amazing on nasus imo.

If you can justify chasing a carry away during your ultimate then sure I guess, but normally your 15 seconds should be spent well.
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
February 14 2011 12:17 GMT
#76
Been trying out Nasus. If I face something like Ashe on top (1v1), I feel helpless. If I walk into range to last hit, I get one or more arrows in my face. If I try to hit her she just runs back. I don't have enough mana to spam my E all the time, and I can't prevent her from last hitting everything in sight. Any tips?
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
February 14 2011 13:22 GMT
#77
On February 14 2011 21:17 BouBou.865 wrote:
Been trying out Nasus. If I face something like Ashe on top (1v1), I feel helpless. If I walk into range to last hit, I get one or more arrows in my face. If I try to hit her she just runs back. I don't have enough mana to spam my E all the time, and I can't prevent her from last hitting everything in sight. Any tips?

At top, use bushes to zone him, use E to farm if he has mp5 runes for volley spamm and some ashes dont take E early so that makes for some potent zoning

But sometimes the farm at the early levels dont matter that much, sicne at lvl 5 ur lvl E kills ranged minions by itself
In the woods, there lurks..
Unentschieden
Profile Joined August 2007
Germany1471 Posts
February 14 2011 15:22 GMT
#78
On February 14 2011 22:22 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 21:17 BouBou.865 wrote:
Been trying out Nasus. If I face something like Ashe on top (1v1), I feel helpless. If I walk into range to last hit, I get one or more arrows in my face. If I try to hit her she just runs back. I don't have enough mana to spam my E all the time, and I can't prevent her from last hitting everything in sight. Any tips?

At top, use bushes to zone him, use E to farm if he has mp5 runes for volley spamm and some ashes dont take E early so that makes for some potent zoning

But sometimes the farm at the early levels dont matter that much, sicne at lvl 5 ur lvl E kills ranged minions by itself


Depends. Nasus either levels Q to farm it asap or E to farm in case he can´t lasthit in his lane.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 00:43:46
February 16 2011 00:43 GMT
#79
http://www.own3d.tv/video/54372/Nasus_SoloQ_with_Commentary

I'd recommend watching this vid on Nasus if you would like a few pointers on (a) playstyle. TreeEskimo talks about his skill build (which I actually don't follow, myself, but then I'm a noob, so.. I tend to max whither or Q first as they suit me a bit better) and also goes into a bit about positioning in team fights.

One thing that I thought was particularly good was how he would be content to just zone the DPS out from the team fights and not waste time chasing them. I think this is something that a lot of people, myself included, would do well to learn and remember. It's so easy to just get tunnel vision on that low health MF or Ashe and completely forget about your team.
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 01:59:44
February 16 2011 01:24 GMT
#80
Interesting that he went into a duo lane with Malphite. I would assume both those characters would need the farm. Most sucessful games I have played with nasus I was a solo lane.

Edit - His build isn't too different than what is in this thread. DShield, TriForce, Mercs, Aegis are all good items on nasus. Although he runs exhaust for his 2nd summoner.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM916
TaKeTV 324
TKL 306
IndyStarCraft 211
BRAT_OK 99
ZombieGrub47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 916
TKL 306
IndyStarCraft 211
MaxPax 153
BRAT_OK 99
UpATreeSC 94
JuggernautJason48
ZombieGrub47
Nathanias 34
EmSc Tv 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 697
ggaemo 160
White-Ra 146
firebathero 92
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 27
Bale 25
Trap 24
Shine 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 15
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva5457
Counter-Strike
Fnx 789
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1752
Liquid`Hasu1612
Trikslyr62
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4047
summit1g2405
singsing1382
Beastyqt800
ceh9639
shahzam450
B2W.Neo366
C9.Mang0148
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe124
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream419
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 20
EmSc2Tv 20
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 172
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2132
• TFBlade989
Other Games
• Shiphtur316
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.