• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:11
CEST 12:11
KST 19:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8700 users

[Champion] Nasus - Page 2

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
November 20 2010 20:42 GMT
#21
I finally experienced Nasus' hype first-hand. 16-6-21 with Treads, Banshee, Triforce, Sunfire, FoN, LW.
Wither-> Fire-> Ult-> Q-> You have slain an enemy!-> Whack whack-> Q-> You have slain an enemy!
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 20 2010 22:08 GMT
#22
I can't stand this guy. He's just not bulky enough to be a tank, and does just too little damage to carry (or even really finish off) anyone.

I'm well aware that he can be used to great effect, but I can't find a good team to fit him in, nor can I get the style down. I am really good at stacking siphoning damage thought ^^
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 00:05:05
November 21 2010 00:03 GMT
#23
On November 21 2010 07:08 deth2munkies wrote:
I can't stand this guy. He's just not bulky enough to be a tank, and does just too little damage to carry (or even really finish off) anyone.

I'm well aware that he can be used to great effect, but I can't find a good team to fit him in, nor can I get the style down. I am really good at stacking siphoning damage thought ^^

I like 1v1 top with teleport, just get mad farmed and push the level, when you get the tower you can take over another lane while someone ganks and the other holds top and gets solo exp. Just push around the map getting silly farmed, if you have to teamfight early-mid just bait a little too much, when you get jumped, Ult and survive all their nonsense. Levels and Ult should save you early until the farm kicks in and you can tank anything.

edit: I have shite for elo. Hand full of salt and all that.
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
November 21 2010 01:43 GMT
#24
Loving Nasus too. Top solo, get farmed and maybe nab a kill or two - and farm more.

I'm afraid of jungle ganks so I rarely push heavily unless I see that I'm in no danger. I go hog merc negatron if needed sheen qss(lol) randuin banshee/triforce/thornmail and cause havoc with q.

Really fun!
Stuck.
Ruken
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States858 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 06:14:40
November 22 2010 06:14 GMT
#25
On November 21 2010 10:43 Wala.Revolution wrote:
Loving Nasus too. Top solo, get farmed and maybe nab a kill or two - and farm more.

I'm afraid of jungle ganks so I rarely push heavily unless I see that I'm in no danger. I go hog merc negatron if needed sheen qss(lol) randuin banshee/triforce/thornmail and cause havoc with q.

Really fun!

Getting early river wards to watch out for their jungler is really important so that you can be a pain in the ass to lane against and push further than you otherwise would.

In a normal 1v1 scenario theres not going to be anyone that should scare you that much so you'll usually be able to siphon strike every single minion almost every wave. The importance of the ward is that it lets you go to the center of the lane and wack every minion with your staff while zoning the enemy champ with the potential of a wither>spirit fire>ult>siphon>siphon>siphon combo.
MIK Terran
Pigsquirrel
Profile Joined August 2009
United States615 Posts
November 22 2010 15:48 GMT
#26
What about Sunfire? I've always been a fan of the flat HP, and the damage makes him even more disruptive in teamfights, which is his main advantage imo. A giant jackal with particles swirling around him tends to make people scatter.

My build: Shield, hog, mercs, sunfire, omen, GA.
Farm on SS tends to make me hit hard enough.
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 16:17:05
November 22 2010 16:03 GMT
#27
I don't buy Sunfire because 1. He gets a ton of HP from his ult and the infinitely more useful Randuins and Banshees (and Triforce, and Dshield), 2. He already has 2 AoE DoTs and insane farming ability, and 3. If they have so much physical damage that Randuins isn't cutting it alone, a thornmail will serve you better.

I've said it before but (imoimoimo), rushing Sunfire is a noobtrap on many champions, Randuins is better in every way. Exceptions to this rule would be like TL's last newegg match, where they were doing so well early game that Mogwai (as Shen) could afford boots1 and sunfire at level 7. If you can get it that fast, the burning aura is going to shred champions and they could continue steamrolling. Though even in this scenario, I wouldn't get Sunfire on Nasus.


Let's compare stats, shall we?

Sunfire:
450 HP,
45 Armor,
40 dps aoe*
2510 gold

*don't forget this is MAGIC damage, and you're not going to have any mpen. You're never getting the full 40.

Randuins:
300 HP,
25 HP5,
90 Armor,
15% CDR,**
slow on being hit proc,
active slow aoe (with a much larger radius than sunfire burn)
2925 gold, minus whatever HoG earned for you.

**the cdr for more frequent SS, SF, and Ult outstrips sunfire's damage by quite a bit.

There's no contest here.

sidenote: GA is bad on champs with a lot of HP. I haven't bought one on Nasus since the nerf.
it's my first day
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 22 2010 16:19 GMT
#28
On November 23 2010 01:03 myopia wrote:
I've said it before but (imoimoimo), rushing Sunfire is a noobtrap on many champions, Randuins is better in every way. Exceptions to this rule would be like TL's last newegg match, where they were doing so well early game that Mogwai (as Shen) could afford boots1 and sunfire at level 7. If you can get it that fast, the burning aura is going to shred champions and they could continue steamrolling.

90% of the reason I went sunfire was to be able to quickly clear the opposing jungle. When you're up by that much, one of the best ways to press such an advantage is to simply cut off whatever sources of XP and gold that you can which lets you pull even further ahead. Shen's great at this because he can dash over walls and thus molest their jungle relatively safely, but he's too slow at killing jungle creeps, so sunfire is sorta the perfect fit for dicking them over like that.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 16:52:18
November 22 2010 16:51 GMT
#29
I must be missing something. Why not Malphite for the team? Imba hero, imba initation with that flash stun ulti.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Pigsquirrel
Profile Joined August 2009
United States615 Posts
November 22 2010 18:05 GMT
#30
Wow, now that I can see the stats side by side for sunfire vs. omen, it is hands down omen.
I'll give it a try tonight, using the OP's build to the letter.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
November 22 2010 20:38 GMT
#31
My new build on nasus:

Doran's Shield
Locket
Aegis
Triforce
GG
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 22 2010 20:41 GMT
#32
Locket? wtf, why?
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
November 22 2010 20:57 GMT
#33
Locket is actually a really good tank item if you have spammable skills. It gives tons and tons of hp/mana per gold and I find I'm valuing banshee's less than it lately on front-line heros. With carries if you're getting targeted you are probably in lethal range and bv is going to save your life, with a tank you are in the fray and it gets popped by the randomest shit before every fight.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Ruken
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States858 Posts
November 23 2010 16:23 GMT
#34
Even though nasus can spam spirit fire/siphon strike it still only gives him a little bit of health as far as tanking goes. It might not be terrible but It'd probably be more useful on someone else on the team. I've never tried it though.
MIK Terran
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 16:40:29
November 23 2010 16:38 GMT
#35
On November 24 2010 01:23 Ruken wrote:
Even though nasus can spam spirit fire/siphon strike it still only gives him a little bit of health as far as tanking goes. It might not be terrible but It'd probably be more useful on someone else on the team. I've never tried it though.


that's exactly how I view Aegis on him. It's is a good item, but you don't buy it on a carry, which is how I play Nasus. Yeah I'm a tank, a pusher, a teamfighter, an anti-dps. Nasus is all these things. But farmed godmode Nasus is so good that dropping 2k on a support item (Aegis) is just gimping yourself imoimoimo.

Have your Shen/Janna/Soraka/Rammus/Galio/Malphite/Taric/anyone else get the Aegis.

(btw I'm not an Aegis hater I rush it every time I play Shen :> )
it's my first day
Ruken
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States858 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 17:12:10
November 23 2010 17:10 GMT
#36
On November 24 2010 01:38 myopia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2010 01:23 Ruken wrote:
Even though nasus can spam spirit fire/siphon strike it still only gives him a little bit of health as far as tanking goes. It might not be terrible but It'd probably be more useful on someone else on the team. I've never tried it though.


that's exactly how I view Aegis on him. It's is a good item, but you don't buy it on a carry, which is how I play Nasus. Yeah I'm a tank, a pusher, a teamfighter, an anti-dps. Nasus is all these things. But farmed godmode Nasus is so good that dropping 2k on a support item (Aegis) is just gimping yourself imoimoimo.

Have your Shen/Janna/Soraka/Rammus/Galio/Malphite/Taric/anyone else get the Aegis.

(btw I'm not an Aegis hater I rush it every time I play Shen :> )

I still think Aegis has REALLY good stats though for the price! As Nasus I'm always looking for some early way to get a bit of HP, armor and Mres. More importantly you can get it by 10 minutes into the game as Nasus. 270 health, 30 armor, 39 mres and 8 damage. 1 more Mres than GA lol.

I mean for the same price you could almost finish Randuin's which is a really good item then just get a negatron if you need it but I've just always liked Aegis. Maybe I'll try forgoing it like I do when I rush Warmogs first.
MIK Terran
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
November 23 2010 17:16 GMT
#37
That's just it, Randuins/Banshees cover his needs so much better than Aegis. They come in useful bite size pieces - it's a very fluid item build. For the same price as aegis you can buy chain mail, negatron, and a ruby crystal. You're just as tough as if you had aegis and you're 2k gold closer to godmode. Whereas someone like Shen, who has no godmode, keeps the team rolling by grabbing the aegis.
it's my first day
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 21:01:54
November 23 2010 20:57 GMT
#38
On November 24 2010 01:23 Ruken wrote:
Even though nasus can spam spirit fire/siphon strike it still only gives him a little bit of health as far as tanking goes. It might not be terrible but It'd probably be more useful on someone else on the team. I've never tried it though.


dude, look at what locket actually does and do the math.

EDIT: I have aegis in that build because it's the most cost and space efficient way of adding both armor and mr to multiply off your considerable health pool. Item space is a concern since I go triforce next (lol <_<). You want to get tanky as cheaply as possible or you'll never move beyond witherbot phase.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Ruken
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States858 Posts
November 24 2010 02:27 GMT
#39
dude, i don't think locket is that good on nasus bro dude man
MIK Terran
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
November 24 2010 02:54 GMT
#40
When you have a hero with spam abilities you are regenerating over 100 hp per 5, plus you get +430 hp and +450 mana and about 40 mana regen per 5 and 10% cooldown reduction. Which is pretty good for 2200 gold.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs Jaedong
Afreeca ASL 8626
StarCastTV_EN153
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 265
Lowko149
ProTech65
Rex 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5957
EffOrt 2355
Larva 1263
BeSt 1010
Horang2 703
Hyuk 578
ZerO 439
Zeus 205
soO 165
Hyun 131
[ Show more ]
Stork 129
Killer 105
Light 94
Barracks 93
Rush 65
Shinee 59
Yoon 41
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 28
Terrorterran 25
Mong 24
PianO 22
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 642
XcaliburYe302
League of Legends
KnowMe4
Counter-Strike
byalli732
Other Games
singsing1666
olofmeister1540
crisheroes226
Livibee183
Sick130
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King48
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 117
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• StrangeGG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1997
• Stunt364
Other Games
• WagamamaTV144
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
49m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.