• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:14
CEST 11:14
KST 18:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5895 users

LotV Patch 2.5.3 + Update Preview - July 13 - Page 7

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
220 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
July 14 2015 09:11 GMT
#121
On July 14 2015 17:33 Yrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2015 17:04 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Okay, after trying the ladder out for myself, I have come to the conclusion that if this is the economy model they go with, I will not be buying LotV. It is WAY TOO FAST. All it does it punish players who aren't high level, and makes the game more stressful to play. I this it does increase the skill ceiling, but it also raises the skill floor significantly to the point where a HotS Plat player like me can barely keep up with LotV at all.

How many games have you played in LotV? Just want to make sure it is not just the novelty of things.

Agreed. I rarely play SC1 or 2 outside of LoTV. Yet I can handle the fast pace just fine after my first 5-10 games. Maybe Brood War prepared me for games with high skill floors because I don't think it's that bad.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Horiken
Profile Joined April 2013
Japan68 Posts
July 14 2015 09:17 GMT
#122
game speed doesn't change at all,you just skip hots's first 3~4 min.
atrox_
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom1711 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-14 09:26:49
July 14 2015 09:26 GMT
#123
my ping is far too high to even try the game out. Where are the servers located?

On July 14 2015 18:17 Horiken wrote:
game speed doesn't change at all,you just skip hots's first 3~4 min.


bases mine out quicker though so you do kind of have to be a bit faster
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-14 09:32:28
July 14 2015 09:31 GMT
#124
I think that right now we have only NA servers.

For me problem with LotV is not that the game is too fast, that I actually like, but all the abilities of units. I preferred simple WoL over HotS, and now LotV is even worse (in my opinion!).
There is a big chance I will buy LotV, but I just don't like it at this stage as I used to like SC2. I understand that it is BETA and lots of things will be changed, but general direction is to make the game more complicated, more buttons, more hotkeys. I am absolutely not a fun of this direction.
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
July 14 2015 09:59 GMT
#125
So anyone know what specifically they did to the Raven?
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
July 14 2015 10:04 GMT
#126
Motherships should no longer be able to cast Photon Overcharge on Pylons.

This was a thing? Lol

Anyone any experience with it?
I Protoss winner, could it be?
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
July 14 2015 10:10 GMT
#127
I am really not liking all of the super gimmicky units / abilities, adepts, tank drops, reaper mines to name a few, the gimmicky plays really just make me turned off. T_T
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-14 10:46:11
July 14 2015 10:18 GMT
#128
On July 14 2015 18:59 Hider wrote:
So anyone know what specifically they did to the Raven?


The unit Patch isn't online as far as I know. Only the client change and bug fixes have gone through so far. Raven is unchanged, so are the upgrades.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-14 10:43:20
July 14 2015 10:36 GMT
#129
On July 14 2015 19:18 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2015 18:59 Hider wrote:
So anyone know what specifically they did to the Raven?


Patch 2.5.3 isn't online as far as I know. Only the client change and bug fixes have gone through so far. Raven is unchanged, so are the upgrades.

2.5.3 is only the bug changes and UI changes and ladder. Current client version is 2.5.3.3642 beta

The other things are just suggestions that they are working on for future patches.
Neosteel Enthusiast
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
July 14 2015 10:45 GMT
#130
On July 14 2015 19:36 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2015 19:18 Big J wrote:
On July 14 2015 18:59 Hider wrote:
So anyone know what specifically they did to the Raven?


Patch 2.5.3 isn't online as far as I know. Only the client change and bug fixes have gone through so far. Raven is unchanged, so are the upgrades.

2.5.3 is only the bug changes and UI changes and ladder. Current client version is 2.5.3.3642 beta

The other things are just suggestions that they are working on for future patches.

Ah sry, I meant the other way around. 2.5.3 is online, but the rest isn't. TT
mantequilla
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Turkey781 Posts
July 14 2015 10:49 GMT
#131
Is there a difference between hots phoenix and lotv phoenix?
Age of Mythology forever!
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
July 14 2015 10:51 GMT
#132
I love the liberator voice.(is that new this patch? I remember it being mute) 'Got freedom?"
Neosteel Enthusiast
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
July 14 2015 11:36 GMT
#133
I like the direction of the new snipe. I wanna see ghosts go pew pew against ultras again :D

Sweet patch but I'd like the numbers that go with it.
Revolutionist fan
Vanadiel
Profile Joined April 2012
France961 Posts
July 14 2015 11:59 GMT
#134
Okay I found something amazing (for me), but their new way to set up groups for archon mod... also work in 1c1. So, in that way, we finally have a useful way to set up control groups, and remove units from them to split the army.

How it works, for example: you have 20 roach in your group 3, and you want to split these in two. In HoTS, you have to either shift click each units, which is long and not very intuitive, or recreate two separate groups, but like this you lose the eggs and the rally units. Now you can select the 10 roach you want, do alt+control+2 and it will create the group of 10 roach in CG 2 AND automatically remove these 10 roach from the group 3.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
July 14 2015 12:27 GMT
#135
On July 14 2015 17:51 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2015 17:33 Yrr wrote:
On July 14 2015 17:04 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Okay, after trying the ladder out for myself, I have come to the conclusion that if this is the economy model they go with, I will not be buying LotV. It is WAY TOO FAST. All it does it punish players who aren't high level, and makes the game more stressful to play. I this it does increase the skill ceiling, but it also raises the skill floor significantly to the point where a HotS Plat player like me can barely keep up with LotV at all.

How many games have you played in LotV? Just want to make sure it is not just the novelty of things.

I've probably played 15 games total, 6 tonight. And that's all I want to play because LotV doesn't fix core gameplay issues and just ads more stress to the equation.

I am not alone! Also I suppose still lagging into US, so I do not have it on my disk anymore.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
July 14 2015 12:38 GMT
#136
On July 14 2015 20:59 Vanadiel wrote:
Okay I found something amazing (for me), but their new way to set up groups for archon mod... also work in 1c1. So, in that way, we finally have a useful way to set up control groups, and remove units from them to split the army.

How it works, for example: you have 20 roach in your group 3, and you want to split these in two. In HoTS, you have to either shift click each units, which is long and not very intuitive, or recreate two separate groups, but like this you lose the eggs and the rally units. Now you can select the 10 roach you want, do alt+control+2 and it will create the group of 10 roach in CG 2 AND automatically remove these 10 roach from the group 3.

sick find, thx for sharing!
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
July 14 2015 12:49 GMT
#137
On July 14 2015 18:26 atrox_ wrote:
my ping is far too high to even try the game out. Where are the servers located?

Show nested quote +
On July 14 2015 18:17 Horiken wrote:
game speed doesn't change at all,you just skip hots's first 3~4 min.


bases mine out quicker though so you do kind of have to be a bit faster

I believe that they're in California.
kiss kiss fall in love
VisionFlare
Profile Joined June 2015
12 Posts
July 14 2015 12:56 GMT
#138
What do you think about the Ravager Change? Will anyone use this unit now?
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
July 14 2015 13:45 GMT
#139
On July 14 2015 21:56 VisionFlare wrote:
What do you think about the Ravager Change? Will anyone use this unit now?

I just started playing LotV but when is going Ravager better than Hydra --> Lurker?
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Vanadiel
Profile Joined April 2012
France961 Posts
July 14 2015 13:53 GMT
#140
On July 14 2015 22:45 Yrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2015 21:56 VisionFlare wrote:
What do you think about the Ravager Change? Will anyone use this unit now?

I just started playing LotV but when is going Ravager better than Hydra --> Lurker?


Defending against protoss timing I would say, ravager attack break forcefield and are out faster, plus now with their range they are more interesting.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 208
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1200
Bisu 824
Soma 204
hero 183
HiyA 103
EffOrt 79
Pusan 46
ZerO 38
sorry 35
Killer 29
[ Show more ]
Mong 27
Bale 24
Sharp 17
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 11
Noble 11
Rush 5
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
edward38
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft809
crisheroes421
Other Games
gofns32997
olofmeister1127
singsing997
ceh9577
Livibee215
Pyrionflax121
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream556
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH346
• StrangeGG 34
• LUISG 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2365
League of Legends
• Rush1400
• Jankos1350
• Stunt416
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
46m
Afreeca Starleague
46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 46m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.