• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:58
CEST 09:58
KST 16:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7966 users

[Patch 4.12] RIP Lucian General Discussion - Page 66

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 86 Next
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 26 2014 05:49 GMT
#1301
Well, this is kind of broken. Challenger players now has a 58% chance to play on purple side because Riot's new matchmaking algorithm places better players on the purple side to compensate for the blue side advantage.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 26 2014 05:52 GMT
#1302
On July 26 2014 14:41 JazzVortical wrote:
Bought 3 mystery skins:

Jack of Hearts Twisted Fate
Freljord Ashe
Gatekeeper Galio

It's a shame I don't play much of these champs. I never play Ashe, I always consider learning TF and Galio, but I never have actually followed through with it. Still saved a lot of change with the Gatekeeper pick up. Might have to give him a whirl.


Ashe free elo. You should do it more often.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 26 2014 06:08 GMT
#1303
On July 26 2014 14:49 Sufficiency wrote:
Well, this is kind of broken. Challenger players now has a 58% chance to play on purple side because Riot's new matchmaking algorithm places better players on the purple side to compensate for the blue side advantage.

If they want blue, they should just suck more.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 26 2014 06:20 GMT
#1304
On July 26 2014 15:08 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 14:49 Sufficiency wrote:
Well, this is kind of broken. Challenger players now has a 58% chance to play on purple side because Riot's new matchmaking algorithm places better players on the purple side to compensate for the blue side advantage.

If they want blue, they should just suck more.

I plan to run a test to see what happens to the top (say) 10 soloQ ladder players. Maybe they play on purple 80% of the time or something.

Pretty sure Riot's algorithm is bugged. I plan to blog this tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
July 26 2014 06:33 GMT
#1305
On July 26 2014 15:20 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 15:08 Gahlo wrote:
On July 26 2014 14:49 Sufficiency wrote:
Well, this is kind of broken. Challenger players now has a 58% chance to play on purple side because Riot's new matchmaking algorithm places better players on the purple side to compensate for the blue side advantage.

If they want blue, they should just suck more.

I plan to run a test to see what happens to the top (say) 10 soloQ ladder players. Maybe they play on purple 80% of the time or something.

Pretty sure Riot's algorithm is bugged. I plan to blog this tomorrow.

Purple has always had the higher ELO. they probably just intensified that advantage to try to guarantee a better winrate. if thats what they did, thats a shoddy and somewhat deceptive way of "fixing" blue side advantage.
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-26 06:37:51
July 26 2014 06:35 GMT
#1306
Hm qhat do you guys think about getting a sightstone as jungler? Besides Lee I only saw it twice or so on Elise and Nunu in LCS.
I mean, if you wanna go DPS, its obviously not the item of choice. But even if you wanna go tanky/support I dont know if its worth it. 800 gold for 150 health.. if you get 2 ruby chrystals you are obviously better off hp-wise, which means better 2v2/3v3s. So what are the parameters that cause pRos to get a sightstone for more vision rather than real (combat) items?
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-26 06:38:19
July 26 2014 06:37 GMT
#1307
Sightstone on Lee basically means you get 3 extra "free" flashes every time you back.

Not to mention more vision is always good. Plus Lee Sin already does a decent amount of damage with just an Elder Lizard.
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
July 26 2014 06:40 GMT
#1308
On July 26 2014 15:37 Ryuu314 wrote:
Sightstone on Lee basically means you get 3 extra "free" flashes every time you back.

Not to mention more vision is always good.


Yeah well I didnt mention Lee because it's obvious that a sightone synergizes very well with his a W. I've seen people picking it up even when laning.
I 'm talking about the rest of the pack. Nunu, Elise and prolly every other jungler that can be played as support (J4, Mao, mumu.............)
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
JazzVortical
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia1825 Posts
July 26 2014 07:06 GMT
#1309
On July 26 2014 14:52 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 14:41 JazzVortical wrote:
Bought 3 mystery skins:

Jack of Hearts Twisted Fate
Freljord Ashe
Gatekeeper Galio

It's a shame I don't play much of these champs. I never play Ashe, I always consider learning TF and Galio, but I never have actually followed through with it. Still saved a lot of change with the Gatekeeper pick up. Might have to give him a whirl.


Ashe free elo. You should do it more often.

I have no idea how to play her. I don't know how anyone wins a trade with her. I know she scales decently well naturally and has hardcore initiation but laneing is so painful. Freljord is a pretty boring skin though, maybe if I got amethyst I'd play her more.

Plus my go to ADC is Varus, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. If I have to ADC, I always seem to do well with him.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
July 26 2014 07:10 GMT
#1310
--- Nuked ---
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
July 26 2014 07:15 GMT
#1311
On July 26 2014 12:48 MattBarry wrote:
How much longer will Faker have to remain the best LoL player in the world til we can call him the Flash of LoL


I think the comparison is flawed to begin with, if we're talking about the level of perfection done to a single art, there's simply no comparing the level of mastery that was built upon more than ten years of blood, sweat, and tears of hundreds of talented professional gamers and coaches, and the extra level that Flash managed to reach on top of that. Faker just happened to be godly at a fairly new game that was only taken seriously within the past couple of years, and still has a long way to go in terms developement.

If we're talking about their accomplishments, you really have to compare SK Telecom T1 K to Flash, not Faker, since he cannot take all credit for their success no matter how big a role he played. In the end, Faker had to overcome the likes of Ryu, Ambition, and Dade to obtain his domestic dominance, and to be quite frank I'm about a hundred times more impressed with Flash defeating the likes of Jaedong, Bisu, and Stork, than I ever was with Faker managing out maneuveur Ryu for the domestic championship. As talented as Ryu was at his role, Jaedong was a god at the game, preceded by other gods such as July and YellOw. All Faker had to do to gain his legacy was outplay a couple of very good domestic mid-laners, stomp some non-Korean teams who were barely even professional (no discipline, streaming a main source of income a-la Afreeca streamers, lack of proper coaching for most), then have a single season of impeccable performance where they had to overcome their main rivals KT Rolster Bullets, and a seriously out of shape Samsung White. Impressive? Very. Reminiscent of Flash? Hell no.
TL+ Member
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
July 26 2014 07:23 GMT
#1312
On July 26 2014 15:40 Djin)ftw( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 15:37 Ryuu314 wrote:
Sightstone on Lee basically means you get 3 extra "free" flashes every time you back.

Not to mention more vision is always good.


Yeah well I didnt mention Lee because it's obvious that a sightone synergizes very well with his a W. I've seen people picking it up even when laning.
I 'm talking about the rest of the pack. Nunu, Elise and prolly every other jungler that can be played as support (J4, Mao, mumu.............)

Well I honestly don't see Elise picking it up that much early. Nunu, however, is literally all about vision control and helping your team. That's the only reason you'd ever pick him up. No clue about the others tho.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
July 26 2014 07:39 GMT
#1313
--- Nuked ---
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
July 26 2014 07:45 GMT
#1314
E max vs AD teemo sucks.
@miicah88
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 26 2014 07:46 GMT
#1315
On July 26 2014 15:33 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 15:20 Sufficiency wrote:
On July 26 2014 15:08 Gahlo wrote:
On July 26 2014 14:49 Sufficiency wrote:
Well, this is kind of broken. Challenger players now has a 58% chance to play on purple side because Riot's new matchmaking algorithm places better players on the purple side to compensate for the blue side advantage.

If they want blue, they should just suck more.

I plan to run a test to see what happens to the top (say) 10 soloQ ladder players. Maybe they play on purple 80% of the time or something.

Pretty sure Riot's algorithm is bugged. I plan to blog this tomorrow.

Purple has always had the higher ELO. they probably just intensified that advantage to try to guarantee a better winrate. if thats what they did, thats a shoddy and somewhat deceptive way of "fixing" blue side advantage.


I doubt it. People always say that, but until these two months I have not seen anyone quoting any Rioter saying purple side has higher Elo.

Also they did not "intensify" it. By your logic, then Challenger players probably had (say) 54% chance to play on purple, then they decided to "intensify" it to 58%. That's not what was happened. Challenger players used to play on purple 50% of the time, now it's 58%.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 26 2014 07:50 GMT
#1316
On July 26 2014 16:06 JazzVortical wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 14:52 Sufficiency wrote:
On July 26 2014 14:41 JazzVortical wrote:
Bought 3 mystery skins:

Jack of Hearts Twisted Fate
Freljord Ashe
Gatekeeper Galio

It's a shame I don't play much of these champs. I never play Ashe, I always consider learning TF and Galio, but I never have actually followed through with it. Still saved a lot of change with the Gatekeeper pick up. Might have to give him a whirl.


Ashe free elo. You should do it more often.

I have no idea how to play her. I don't know how anyone wins a trade with her. I know she scales decently well naturally and has hardcore initiation but laneing is so painful. Freljord is a pretty boring skin though, maybe if I got amethyst I'd play her more.

Plus my go to ADC is Varus, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. If I have to ADC, I always seem to do well with him.


Uh Ashe is really good and people grossly underestimate her. I underestimate her myself sometimes even though I play her quite often. Her R by itself makes her worthwhile - in soloQ initiation spells are really good, and Ashe is one of the few ADCs who can initiate.

Yes her laning phase is close to garbage. That's a trade off.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
July 26 2014 08:07 GMT
#1317
On July 26 2014 16:45 miicah wrote:
E max vs AD teemo sucks.


Yeah, doesn't work as well since AD Teemo rushes lifesteal.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 26 2014 08:29 GMT
#1318
On July 26 2014 16:23 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 15:40 Djin)ftw( wrote:
On July 26 2014 15:37 Ryuu314 wrote:
Sightstone on Lee basically means you get 3 extra "free" flashes every time you back.

Not to mention more vision is always good.


Yeah well I didnt mention Lee because it's obvious that a sightone synergizes very well with his a W. I've seen people picking it up even when laning.
I 'm talking about the rest of the pack. Nunu, Elise and prolly every other jungler that can be played as support (J4, Mao, mumu.............)

Well I honestly don't see Elise picking it up that much early. Nunu, however, is literally all about vision control and helping your team. That's the only reason you'd ever pick him up. No clue about the others tho.

Elise doesn't really get it in lomoQ but in competitive play her role is basically high damage early jungler into utility 2 second stun bot so she might as well get sightstone.
Glorious SEA doto
padfoota
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Taiwan1571 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-26 09:00:42
July 26 2014 08:59 GMT
#1319
On July 26 2014 16:50 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 16:06 JazzVortical wrote:
On July 26 2014 14:52 Sufficiency wrote:
On July 26 2014 14:41 JazzVortical wrote:
Bought 3 mystery skins:

Jack of Hearts Twisted Fate
Freljord Ashe
Gatekeeper Galio

It's a shame I don't play much of these champs. I never play Ashe, I always consider learning TF and Galio, but I never have actually followed through with it. Still saved a lot of change with the Gatekeeper pick up. Might have to give him a whirl.


Ashe free elo. You should do it more often.

I have no idea how to play her. I don't know how anyone wins a trade with her. I know she scales decently well naturally and has hardcore initiation but laneing is so painful. Freljord is a pretty boring skin though, maybe if I got amethyst I'd play her more.

Plus my go to ADC is Varus, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. If I have to ADC, I always seem to do well with him.


Uh Ashe is really good and people grossly underestimate her. I underestimate her myself sometimes even though I play her quite often. Her R by itself makes her worthwhile - in soloQ initiation spells are really good, and Ashe is one of the few ADCs who can initiate.

Yes her laning phase is close to garbage. That's a trade off.


Pros - super spammable aoe slow, built in auto attack slow modifier, long range aoe stun+slow.
Cons - Poor AD scaling, terrible wave clear spell, lack of innate auto attack damage modifiers (no magic/% hp/true, no AS), lack of escape spell, low range.

I dunno man. IBG ezreal takes all the kiting and slow spam away from her already, and varus has the better wave clear, damage modifiers and decent ranged initator too.

Ashe isnt completely terrible, its just she cannot carry as well nor kite as well as certain champs, shes terrible in lane and works as a semi-support-dpser in teamfights. Very, very weird champ that doesnt fit properly into any category

You want to carry? Trist/Kog/Draven
Kite? Lucian/Ezreal
Poke? Corki/Ezreal
Spam slow? IBG Ezreal
Cone shaped damage? Graves
Initiate with ulti? Varus
Counter Initiate with ulti? Sivir.
Wave clear? Too many.
Caitlyn fits into a bunch of them..

I always wished they would change her Q so that it gave magic damage per auto attack that scaled from AD or something
Stop procrastinating
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
July 26 2014 09:54 GMT
#1320
She has 600 range which is as of now the second longest base on an adc and on of the strongest level 6-8 of all adc in the game.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 203
910 91
Mong 59
Shinee 49
Killer 31
Bale 29
Aegong 24
Mind 23
ZergMaN 17
soO 10
League of Legends
JimRising 480
Counter-Strike
ceh9479
shoxiejesuss312
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King191
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1707
Other Games
summit1g8765
olofmeister976
Happy405
crisheroes179
Sick161
ArmadaUGS116
Livibee102
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick537
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream264
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH87
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2319
League of Legends
• Rush1761
• Stunt468
• Jankos214
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 2m
OSC
5h 2m
Stellar Fest
5h 2m
OSC
16h 2m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.