• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:10
CEST 12:10
KST 19:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7731 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 199 200 201 202 203 339 Next
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 07:56:18
July 23 2013 07:56 GMT
#4001
One of LoL's weaknesses is little support for ranked 5's between strangers. You're going to basically have to get to Diamond 1 in solo-queue to prove yourself and then you'll find other people looking to form an amateur team. If you believe solo-queue has nothing to teach you (you may be right) then you should be able to hit diamond fairly soon, if you can't then perhaps you do need to learn your role better as opposed to team interaction.

I wish LoL had more amateur scrim type options. DotA definitely better there.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 08:07:28
July 23 2013 08:06 GMT
#4002
On July 23 2013 16:39 XilDarkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 02:30 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 23 2013 01:50 XilDarkz wrote:
So, as a player that is coming from a Starcraft regiment of 6 hours minimum practice per day, and looking to try and break into League, where do I find a team that is looking to play at least 6 hours a day (preferably closer to 8-12) and push themselves and accept nothing but Diamond1/Challenger as a goal? Solo queue so far hasn't made me a better player (using my Dota experience as a metric) and I want to push myself to become better and compete.

No one will be interested in making a team with you unless you're at least diamond or challengers.
As far as solo queue not making you a better player; that's a lie. Solo queue is a very helpful training ground, it helps build experience and dem mechanics. Look at all the top players in all the regions; they all got good through solo queue.


Anyone with any input on this?

I find that in Solo Queue, I never feel like I am the worst player on my team, and those are the games you learn from, not when you're always the best.

+ Show Spoiler +
In HoN and Dota, I was always able to join inhouses and ring at a high level and learn very quickly--and in Starcraft, you are always the worst player. With 6 years of Dota+HoN+Dota2 experience in terms of mechanics and map awareness, is solo queue really still teaching me how to effectively zone and harass? It certainly isn't teaching me how to coordinate with a jungler or a support or other lanes for ganks. I feel like solo queue is teaching me how to play 1v5, which is a completely different game. I simply have ZERO coordination in these games, compared to Dota2 or HoN where I exclusively used voice.

I simply haven't been playing more than three or four games a day on average because of a feeling of a lack of progress--at least in Dota where mechanics mattered more, I could get into a sort of "top-form" and nail my mechanics and always ensure I was the worst player in the game...

Are there really no inhouse leagues? Amateur scrims and ringing? I am starting to feel like Dota is more appropriate (if only America was worth a shit in Dota...) for pro-am play.


Always the wrong attitude to have; if you lost the game. It's on your shoulders. If you're not the best player in 100% of the game; then you're not good enough. The idea that solo queue is 1v5; is fine. There's nothing wrong with that.
On July 23 2013 16:56 TheLink wrote:
One of LoL's weaknesses is little support for ranked 5's between strangers. You're going to basically have to get to Diamond 1 in solo-queue to prove yourself and then you'll find other people looking to form an amateur team. If you believe solo-queue has nothing to teach you (you may be right) then you should be able to hit diamond fairly soon, if you can't then perhaps you do need to learn your role better as opposed to team interaction.

I wish LoL had more amateur scrim type options. DotA definitely better there.

Isn't go4lol still running a lot? I know for sure season 2 definitely allowed for more small online tourneys with unknown teams; which was pretty cool.
liftlift > tsm
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 23 2013 08:08 GMT
#4003
On July 23 2013 16:20 Vanka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 13:40 onlywonderboy wrote:
I just feel like Riot should stop trying to make Melee Carries a thing. It already only exists in a limited format and there has always been problems associated with it. Even if they were to make it a thing it would require a much larger overhaul than they've put in so far.

Edit: Or at least the glass cannon type anyway, like syl said, Dota Melee Carriers are closer to Jax than Fiora.


I'm still of the opinion that the game is in fact in a state that you could concievably run a team comp without a ranged adc with an melee glass cannon carry, we've just never seen a team with the teamwork and mechanical prowess be brave enough to attempt something like that.

Imagine this, an adc sion running at the enemy team with zilean and lulu speed boost, boots of speed + lowered slow effectiveness mastery, and 4 cleanses (cleanse summoner, qss, and two cruicibles) with AP janna shield and a big aoe cc jungler like amumu or sejuani. When he gets low, you still have lulu and zilean ult.

You can even throw in ohmwrecker and you can fight under towers.


AD Sion? Honestly, I just don't think he does enough damage to justify that kind of investment. Granted, I've never seen a decent one, but his W steroid is flat, YI style, and the Team LS portion is kinda wasted in that comp because the rest of the team being at full hp is not that helpful. Plus, as a general rule, 4+1 comps only work when they synergize in a way that lets all 5 characters do decent damage. Like in the Dig 4+1, Soraka and Lulu had fairly good ratios, plus Soraka would shred all the MR on the other team, meaning everyone (even Kog) would do more damage.

I think, a Melle AD Carry could work against a bruiser dive comp (that are out of style right now by the way) like Irelia/Nocturne. Wherein you have another priority target that is slippery (Ez?) that acts as the, for lack of a better word, decoy, then you kill the divers (after all, killing tanks is the job of the ADC), and you have something like Anivia which would basically prevent the fight from being an all-out brawl, and turn it into a drawn out battle where you can shine. Also you need a fat guy to soak damage.

The problem with my plan, of course, is that no one is going to pick a dive comp before you pick your AD (or into an Ez) or pick a dive comp into any of the champs that you also need surrounding the Decoy + melle ADC to make it work.
Freeeeeeedom
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 08:25:08
July 23 2013 08:20 GMT
#4004
Riot needs to introduce a tourney system into the client (i think dota has this right?) where people can host and join their own tournaments, perhaps with RP as the standard of prizes.

Would encourage alot more 5's play really

Riot could just run a daily tournament maybe a couple for X levels of skill that would be somewhat automated, or even a weekly and then let the community do the rest, if the client had tournament support i think the amateur scene would really get behind it.

Maybe something like the host pays for RP and riot puts 20/50/100% extra on top of the prize.

Maybe a small fee for tournaments with RP prizes but none for IP / No prize tournies?

Buy-in tournaments could work too, participants have to pay X to enter which is added to the prize funds, riot takes a cut of it all?

Im assuming riot would want a cut out of all of this btw. :D and the standard is RP for prizes because its just less difficult to manage and still offers a nice incentive for people participating (See diablo 3 for real-cash issues) obviously no prize / IP tournies can be permitted too ^_^
Useless wet fish.
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
July 23 2013 08:32 GMT
#4005
MMR capped (when needed) in-game-client tournies with small IP based prizes (boosts or whatever) are a good idea, but I have a hard time buying they'll really get implemented.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 08:39:29
July 23 2013 08:37 GMT
#4006
On July 23 2013 17:06 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 16:39 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 02:30 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 23 2013 01:50 XilDarkz wrote:
So, as a player that is coming from a Starcraft regiment of 6 hours minimum practice per day, and looking to try and break into League, where do I find a team that is looking to play at least 6 hours a day (preferably closer to 8-12) and push themselves and accept nothing but Diamond1/Challenger as a goal? Solo queue so far hasn't made me a better player (using my Dota experience as a metric) and I want to push myself to become better and compete.

No one will be interested in making a team with you unless you're at least diamond or challengers.
As far as solo queue not making you a better player; that's a lie. Solo queue is a very helpful training ground, it helps build experience and dem mechanics. Look at all the top players in all the regions; they all got good through solo queue.


Anyone with any input on this?

I find that in Solo Queue, I never feel like I am the worst player on my team, and those are the games you learn from, not when you're always the best.

+ Show Spoiler +
In HoN and Dota, I was always able to join inhouses and ring at a high level and learn very quickly--and in Starcraft, you are always the worst player. With 6 years of Dota+HoN+Dota2 experience in terms of mechanics and map awareness, is solo queue really still teaching me how to effectively zone and harass? It certainly isn't teaching me how to coordinate with a jungler or a support or other lanes for ganks. I feel like solo queue is teaching me how to play 1v5, which is a completely different game. I simply have ZERO coordination in these games, compared to Dota2 or HoN where I exclusively used voice.

I simply haven't been playing more than three or four games a day on average because of a feeling of a lack of progress--at least in Dota where mechanics mattered more, I could get into a sort of "top-form" and nail my mechanics and always ensure I was the worst player in the game...

Are there really no inhouse leagues? Amateur scrims and ringing? I am starting to feel like Dota is more appropriate (if only America was worth a shit in Dota...) for pro-am play.


Always the wrong attitude to have; if you lost the game. It's on your shoulders. If you're not the best player in 100% of the game; then you're not good enough. The idea that solo queue is 1v5; is fine. There's nothing wrong with that.


I hope that you are mistake and ignorant of your mistakes, because accepting this as truth would be accepting that I have wasted thousands of hours in Dota, HoN, Dota2, and now League.

Explain this to me; I play AP carry solo mid, I have 5 kills by 10 minutes and zero deaths, I've ganked all lanes and pushed my own, and my team has 12 deaths. I buy thirty or more wards per game, give my team full map vision and map control that they don't exert nor take advantage of. It is frustrating, and the only solace I've had is to think that I really could not have done anything better and to simply move onto another game. But when moving on to another game means there is a great likelihood for it to happen again... Sure, some games I might make a dumb mistake give up an early lead, but those games I am happy to lose and accept that I lost the game.

If you're saying that playing League of Legends as a competitor means 1v5, then I see no reason to ever waste my time on this game and that I should immediately switch back to Starcraft--but I have a feeling that you might be wrong, and I want you to be.

edit: I'm not saying that progression through solo queue is impossible, but simply mindnumbingly excruciating in a way that 4 hours of solo queue becomes harder than 14 hours of starcraft.
aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 23 2013 08:42 GMT
#4007
No; I'm saying getting better at league requires a mentality of 1v5. You think Doublelift goes into a game thinking "oh boy I hope hotshot carries me to victory!" Do you think Imp went into OGN finals thinking "Oh boy; I hope homme smashes the face out of Flame " (which did happen; to everyone's surprise). If you don't have the "I'm putting my entire team on my back" then you have the wrong mentality; and trying to avoid that mentality isn't going to do you any favors in your progress as a player.
liftlift > tsm
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 23 2013 08:43 GMT
#4008
On July 23 2013 17:37 XilDarkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 17:06 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 23 2013 16:39 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 02:30 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 23 2013 01:50 XilDarkz wrote:
So, as a player that is coming from a Starcraft regiment of 6 hours minimum practice per day, and looking to try and break into League, where do I find a team that is looking to play at least 6 hours a day (preferably closer to 8-12) and push themselves and accept nothing but Diamond1/Challenger as a goal? Solo queue so far hasn't made me a better player (using my Dota experience as a metric) and I want to push myself to become better and compete.

No one will be interested in making a team with you unless you're at least diamond or challengers.
As far as solo queue not making you a better player; that's a lie. Solo queue is a very helpful training ground, it helps build experience and dem mechanics. Look at all the top players in all the regions; they all got good through solo queue.


Anyone with any input on this?

I find that in Solo Queue, I never feel like I am the worst player on my team, and those are the games you learn from, not when you're always the best.

+ Show Spoiler +
In HoN and Dota, I was always able to join inhouses and ring at a high level and learn very quickly--and in Starcraft, you are always the worst player. With 6 years of Dota+HoN+Dota2 experience in terms of mechanics and map awareness, is solo queue really still teaching me how to effectively zone and harass? It certainly isn't teaching me how to coordinate with a jungler or a support or other lanes for ganks. I feel like solo queue is teaching me how to play 1v5, which is a completely different game. I simply have ZERO coordination in these games, compared to Dota2 or HoN where I exclusively used voice.

I simply haven't been playing more than three or four games a day on average because of a feeling of a lack of progress--at least in Dota where mechanics mattered more, I could get into a sort of "top-form" and nail my mechanics and always ensure I was the worst player in the game...

Are there really no inhouse leagues? Amateur scrims and ringing? I am starting to feel like Dota is more appropriate (if only America was worth a shit in Dota...) for pro-am play.


Always the wrong attitude to have; if you lost the game. It's on your shoulders. If you're not the best player in 100% of the game; then you're not good enough. The idea that solo queue is 1v5; is fine. There's nothing wrong with that.


I hope that you are mistake and ignorant of your mistakes, because accepting this as truth would be accepting that I have wasted thousands of hours in Dota, HoN, Dota2, and now League.

Explain this to me; I play AP carry solo mid, I have 5 kills by 10 minutes and zero deaths, I've ganked all lanes and pushed my own, and my team has 12 deaths. I buy thirty or more wards per game, give my team full map vision and map control that they don't exert nor take advantage of. It is frustrating, and the only solace I've had is to think that I really could not have done anything better and to simply move onto another game. But when moving on to another game means there is a great likelihood for it to happen again... Sure, some games I might make a dumb mistake give up an early lead, but those games I am happy to lose and accept that I lost the game.

If you're saying that playing League of Legends as a competitor means 1v5, then I see no reason to ever waste my time on this game and that I should immediately switch back to Starcraft--but I have a feeling that you might be wrong, and I want you to be.

edit: I'm not saying that progression through solo queue is impossible, but simply mindnumbingly excruciating in a way that 4 hours of solo queue becomes harder than 14 hours of starcraft.

What league are you in atm ?
You call mid «AP carry» and track your success with score so I'm pretty scared for you.
The legend of Darien lives on
DURRHURRDERP
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada929 Posts
July 23 2013 08:47 GMT
#4009
Better yet, XilDarkz plz provide your:

- SC2 IGN
- DotA2 IGN
- League IGN
"I am an iconic role model for everyone aspiring to be better at League of Legends." - Roffles
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
July 23 2013 08:48 GMT
#4010

What league are you in atm ?
You call mid «AP carry» and track your success with score so I'm pretty scared for you.


I track my success with win/loss, thus I consider my time so far in league to be a resounding failure. Silver2 currently. What is mid called if not AP carry? My words are probably exclusively that of a Silver player because they are the only players I hear anything from (you know... because I'm in Silver)
aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 08:53:23
July 23 2013 08:49 GMT
#4011
On July 23 2013 17:43 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 17:37 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 17:06 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 23 2013 16:39 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 02:30 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 23 2013 01:50 XilDarkz wrote:
So, as a player that is coming from a Starcraft regiment of 6 hours minimum practice per day, and looking to try and break into League, where do I find a team that is looking to play at least 6 hours a day (preferably closer to 8-12) and push themselves and accept nothing but Diamond1/Challenger as a goal? Solo queue so far hasn't made me a better player (using my Dota experience as a metric) and I want to push myself to become better and compete.

No one will be interested in making a team with you unless you're at least diamond or challengers.
As far as solo queue not making you a better player; that's a lie. Solo queue is a very helpful training ground, it helps build experience and dem mechanics. Look at all the top players in all the regions; they all got good through solo queue.


Anyone with any input on this?

I find that in Solo Queue, I never feel like I am the worst player on my team, and those are the games you learn from, not when you're always the best.

+ Show Spoiler +
In HoN and Dota, I was always able to join inhouses and ring at a high level and learn very quickly--and in Starcraft, you are always the worst player. With 6 years of Dota+HoN+Dota2 experience in terms of mechanics and map awareness, is solo queue really still teaching me how to effectively zone and harass? It certainly isn't teaching me how to coordinate with a jungler or a support or other lanes for ganks. I feel like solo queue is teaching me how to play 1v5, which is a completely different game. I simply have ZERO coordination in these games, compared to Dota2 or HoN where I exclusively used voice.

I simply haven't been playing more than three or four games a day on average because of a feeling of a lack of progress--at least in Dota where mechanics mattered more, I could get into a sort of "top-form" and nail my mechanics and always ensure I was the worst player in the game...

Are there really no inhouse leagues? Amateur scrims and ringing? I am starting to feel like Dota is more appropriate (if only America was worth a shit in Dota...) for pro-am play.


Always the wrong attitude to have; if you lost the game. It's on your shoulders. If you're not the best player in 100% of the game; then you're not good enough. The idea that solo queue is 1v5; is fine. There's nothing wrong with that.


I hope that you are mistake and ignorant of your mistakes, because accepting this as truth would be accepting that I have wasted thousands of hours in Dota, HoN, Dota2, and now League.

Explain this to me; I play AP carry solo mid, I have 5 kills by 10 minutes and zero deaths, I've ganked all lanes and pushed my own, and my team has 12 deaths. I buy thirty or more wards per game, give my team full map vision and map control that they don't exert nor take advantage of. It is frustrating, and the only solace I've had is to think that I really could not have done anything better and to simply move onto another game. But when moving on to another game means there is a great likelihood for it to happen again... Sure, some games I might make a dumb mistake give up an early lead, but those games I am happy to lose and accept that I lost the game.

If you're saying that playing League of Legends as a competitor means 1v5, then I see no reason to ever waste my time on this game and that I should immediately switch back to Starcraft--but I have a feeling that you might be wrong, and I want you to be.

edit: I'm not saying that progression through solo queue is impossible, but simply mindnumbingly excruciating in a way that 4 hours of solo queue becomes harder than 14 hours of starcraft.

What league are you in atm ?
You call mid «AP carry» and track your success with score so I'm pretty scared for you.

MID OR FEED.
On July 23 2013 17:48 XilDarkz wrote:
Show nested quote +

What league are you in atm ?
You call mid «AP carry» and track your success with score so I'm pretty scared for you.


I track my success with win/loss, thus I consider my time so far in league to be a resounding failure. Silver2 currently. What is mid called if not AP carry? My words are probably exclusively that of a Silver player because they are the only players I hear anything from (you know... because I'm in Silver)

In all seriousness. Everyone here in TL GD has gone through this process of changing their mentality when approaching ranked.
It's not about score or winning. It's about improving. The first step is accepting the single constant in all games lost, is yourself, and the single constant in all games won is yourself. So the game is about YOUR responsibility. If you watch any of the pro's moving up ranked with their smurfs; you'll quickly understand, you can carry 99.99% of your games. The potential is there. Once you've accepted that you're the key part to your own success and failure, then you'll being more self critical, and that leads to improvement (or uninstalling like Req).
liftlift > tsm
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 08:51:02
July 23 2013 08:49 GMT
#4012
In soloQ the only thing that matters is your performance, winning / losing doesnt equivilate to your own skill. Sure get mad about it, but dont think you're good when u win and ur team sucks when you lose (even if it is the case)

Look at the game and evaluate your own performance. Performance, not score.

You cant evaluate a teamgame with win / loss unless you're playing ranked 5's and evaluating your success together.
Useless wet fish.
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 08:52:29
July 23 2013 08:49 GMT
#4013
On July 23 2013 17:47 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
Better yet, XilDarkz plz provide your:

- SC2 IGN
- DotA2 IGN
- League IGN

Mathies

And I would like to know the relevance? I came here looking for resources that don't exist (that do exist in Dota) so the real business is done.

On July 23 2013 17:49 Capped wrote:
In soloQ the only thing that matters is your performance, winning / losing doesnt equivilate to your own skill. Sure get mad about it, but dont think your good when u win and ur team sucks when you lose (even if it is the case)

Look at the game and evaluate your own performance. Performance, not score.


You win or you lose and you do everything you can to win. Every game, performance is judged in binary.
aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 23 2013 08:51 GMT
#4014
He is silver II and has spammed a holy shit ungoldy amount of syndra there I have saved everyone the race to lolking him.
Glorious SEA doto
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
July 23 2013 08:52 GMT
#4015
On July 23 2013 17:48 XilDarkz wrote:
Show nested quote +

What league are you in atm ?
You call mid «AP carry» and track your success with score so I'm pretty scared for you.


I track my success with win/loss, thus I consider my time so far in league to be a resounding failure. Silver2 currently. What is mid called if not AP carry? My words are probably exclusively that of a Silver player because they are the only players I hear anything from (you know... because I'm in Silver)


you're telling us literally all you know is what other silver 2 players tell you and that there isn't an ocean of unlearned game knowledge you're failing to tap into?
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 08:56:17
July 23 2013 08:53 GMT
#4016
On July 23 2013 17:52 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 17:48 XilDarkz wrote:

What league are you in atm ?
You call mid «AP carry» and track your success with score so I'm pretty scared for you.


I track my success with win/loss, thus I consider my time so far in league to be a resounding failure. Silver2 currently. What is mid called if not AP carry? My words are probably exclusively that of a Silver player because they are the only players I hear anything from (you know... because I'm in Silver)


you're telling us literally all you know is what other silver 2 players tell you and that there isn't an ocean of unlearned game knowledge you're failing to tap into?


I know there is a wealth of unlearned game knowledge I do not have--I simply haven't found a way to find it in the past 2 months that I've leveled and played else I wouldn't be in this position.

EDIT:

You cant evaluate a teamgame with win / loss unless you're playing ranked 5's and evaluating your success together.


Nice edit up there... well, then that is exactly what I want to do, because this is a team game and not a solo game. I thought this was the very basis of my original post.
aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
July 23 2013 08:56 GMT
#4017
On July 23 2013 17:53 XilDarkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 17:52 UniversalSnip wrote:
On July 23 2013 17:48 XilDarkz wrote:

What league are you in atm ?
You call mid «AP carry» and track your success with score so I'm pretty scared for you.


I track my success with win/loss, thus I consider my time so far in league to be a resounding failure. Silver2 currently. What is mid called if not AP carry? My words are probably exclusively that of a Silver player because they are the only players I hear anything from (you know... because I'm in Silver)


you're telling us literally all you know is what other silver 2 players tell you and that there isn't an ocean of unlearned game knowledge you're failing to tap into?


I know there is a wealth of unlearned game knowledge I do not have--I simply haven't found a way to find it in the past 2 months that I've leveled and played else I wouldn't be in this position.


so what, you're blind or something? there are streams on every day, there's spectator mode, there's plenty of good information discussed here.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 08:56:55
July 23 2013 08:56 GMT
#4018
HOLY SHIT THAT SYNDRA SPAM LOL.

You do get some good scores though, you're probably above silver 2 level but you aint jumping into the proscene anytime soon like u expect lol

For one, you only play ONE champion (in what i can only assume is ONE role)
Useless wet fish.
DURRHURRDERP
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada929 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 08:59:31
July 23 2013 08:58 GMT
#4019
You came looking for resources that don't exist in dota or league or any other competitive game. No one is going to get "special inhouse invites to ring for them" when they're a random no-name on the ladder with no previous professional experience.

PS: Even Chu8 had to grind up the solo queue ladder to be considered to play/sub for teams. But your I'm sure your HoN/DotA experience is more impressive than his.

PPS: I'm still serious, please provide your sc2 + dota2 usernames.
"I am an iconic role model for everyone aspiring to be better at League of Legends." - Roffles
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
July 23 2013 08:58 GMT
#4020
On July 23 2013 17:56 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 17:53 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 17:52 UniversalSnip wrote:
On July 23 2013 17:48 XilDarkz wrote:

What league are you in atm ?
You call mid «AP carry» and track your success with score so I'm pretty scared for you.


I track my success with win/loss, thus I consider my time so far in league to be a resounding failure. Silver2 currently. What is mid called if not AP carry? My words are probably exclusively that of a Silver player because they are the only players I hear anything from (you know... because I'm in Silver)


you're telling us literally all you know is what other silver 2 players tell you and that there isn't an ocean of unlearned game knowledge you're failing to tap into?


I know there is a wealth of unlearned game knowledge I do not have--I simply haven't found a way to find it in the past 2 months that I've leveled and played else I wouldn't be in this position.


so what, you're blind or something? there are streams on every day, there's spectator mode, there's plenty of good information discussed here.


When I lived for Starcraft, I was told to shut-up, stop watching streams, stop watching VODs, stop asking questions and just play. Am I supposed to...not... do this in this game?
aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
Prev 1 199 200 201 202 203 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 203
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31036
Hyuk 598
Calm 522
Bisu 509
Rush 304
actioN 267
Stork 222
Soma 151
EffOrt 100
Pusan 87
[ Show more ]
Mong 83
ToSsGirL 57
Shinee 57
NotJumperer 50
Barracks 48
Yoon 47
Shine 43
Bale 41
Free 39
ZerO 35
Killer 32
Dewaltoss 22
Noble 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
Sharp 21
sorry 17
HiyA 16
yabsab 14
Sacsri 12
Last 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3145
League of Legends
JimRising 367
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1281
shoxiejesuss1223
edward46
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King146
Other Games
gofns34674
summit1g7078
singsing1487
ceh9610
crisheroes196
DeMusliM60
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick614
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• LUISG 24
• killerbeecast5
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV235
• lizZardDota2123
League of Legends
• Stunt368
Other Games
• Shiphtur858
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2h 50m
OSC
12h 5m
Replay Cast
12h 50m
OSC
1d 12h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 23h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.