• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:10
CEST 12:10
KST 19:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7680 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 200 201 202 203 204 339 Next
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 23 2013 08:59 GMT
#4021
On July 23 2013 17:53 XilDarkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 17:52 UniversalSnip wrote:
On July 23 2013 17:48 XilDarkz wrote:

What league are you in atm ?
You call mid «AP carry» and track your success with score so I'm pretty scared for you.


I track my success with win/loss, thus I consider my time so far in league to be a resounding failure. Silver2 currently. What is mid called if not AP carry? My words are probably exclusively that of a Silver player because they are the only players I hear anything from (you know... because I'm in Silver)


you're telling us literally all you know is what other silver 2 players tell you and that there isn't an ocean of unlearned game knowledge you're failing to tap into?


I know there is a wealth of unlearned game knowledge I do not have--I simply haven't found a way to find it in the past 2 months that I've leveled and played else I wouldn't be in this position.

EDIT:

Show nested quote +
You cant evaluate a teamgame with win / loss unless you're playing ranked 5's and evaluating your success together.


Nice edit up there... well, then that is exactly what I want to do, because this is a team game and not a solo game. I thought this was the very basis of my original post.

Watch OGN; lurk here; read every single of Yango's post; watch some pro players stream (scarra, wodx, voyboy, are some decent teaching streams); and lurk more.
liftlift > tsm
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
July 23 2013 09:01 GMT
#4022
On July 23 2013 17:58 XilDarkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 17:56 UniversalSnip wrote:
On July 23 2013 17:53 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 17:52 UniversalSnip wrote:
On July 23 2013 17:48 XilDarkz wrote:

What league are you in atm ?
You call mid «AP carry» and track your success with score so I'm pretty scared for you.


I track my success with win/loss, thus I consider my time so far in league to be a resounding failure. Silver2 currently. What is mid called if not AP carry? My words are probably exclusively that of a Silver player because they are the only players I hear anything from (you know... because I'm in Silver)


you're telling us literally all you know is what other silver 2 players tell you and that there isn't an ocean of unlearned game knowledge you're failing to tap into?


I know there is a wealth of unlearned game knowledge I do not have--I simply haven't found a way to find it in the past 2 months that I've leveled and played else I wouldn't be in this position.


so what, you're blind or something? there are streams on every day, there's spectator mode, there's plenty of good information discussed here.


When I lived for Starcraft, I was told to shut-up, stop watching streams, stop watching VODs, stop asking questions and just play. Am I supposed to...not... do this in this game?


you just complained about only knowing things silver two players know because you aren't willing to do any of those things. like, who cares what you were told? use your brain, where do you think you're going to figure things out? i guess you could figure it all out in game, but you're not so perhaps you should make the obvious inference and try something else?
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
July 23 2013 09:01 GMT
#4023
On July 23 2013 17:58 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
You came looking for resources that don't exist in dota or league or any other competitive game. No one is going to get "special inhouse invites to ring for them" when they're a random no-name on the ladder with no previous professional experience.

PS: Even Chu8 had to grind up the solo queue ladder to be considered to play/sub for teams. But your I'm sure your HoN/DotA experience is more impressive than his.


They existed for me in HoN when I wasn't trying to play competitively--I got to play plenty of TLIH and similar with players like Testie (anyone in this thread from that same time period in HoN beta when it was just Dota1 in a better engine?)
They existed for me in Starcraft unquestionably.

aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
July 23 2013 09:03 GMT
#4024
On July 23 2013 17:58 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
You came looking for resources that don't exist in dota or league or any other competitive game. No one is going to get "special inhouse invites to ring for them" when they're a random no-name on the ladder with no previous professional experience.

PS: Even Chu8 had to grind up the solo queue ladder to be considered to play/sub for teams. But your I'm sure your HoN/DotA experience is more impressive than his.

PPS: I'm still serious, please provide your sc2 + dota2 usernames.


I'm serious, Mathies globally... twitch.tv/Mathies
aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
DURRHURRDERP
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada929 Posts
July 23 2013 09:03 GMT
#4025
And yet you still won't provide your IGN for sc2 or dota2.
"I am an iconic role model for everyone aspiring to be better at League of Legends." - Roffles
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
July 23 2013 09:03 GMT
#4026
On July 23 2013 18:03 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
And yet you still won't provide your IGN for sc2 or dota2.

On July 23 2013 18:03 XilDarkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 17:58 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
You came looking for resources that don't exist in dota or league or any other competitive game. No one is going to get "special inhouse invites to ring for them" when they're a random no-name on the ladder with no previous professional experience.

PS: Even Chu8 had to grind up the solo queue ladder to be considered to play/sub for teams. But your I'm sure your HoN/DotA experience is more impressive than his.

PPS: I'm still serious, please provide your sc2 + dota2 usernames.


I'm serious, Mathies globally... twitch.tv/Mathies

aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 09:05:20
July 23 2013 09:04 GMT
#4027
Bnet ID? :| EDIT: Was just for clarity on durr's question, im assuming something similar for Dota2 exists?
Useless wet fish.
DURRHURRDERP
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada929 Posts
July 23 2013 09:06 GMT
#4028
You don't exist on sc2ranks or dotabuff. Better yet just link your profile on both those sites.
"I am an iconic role model for everyone aspiring to be better at League of Legends." - Roffles
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
July 23 2013 09:07 GMT
#4029
So the answer to all this is no, LoL doesn't let you practice pro-scene style premades until you prove you've mastered solo-queue. Until you've topped out solo-queue then thats all you have available to you unless you can find some friends or something who are into LoL.

If you believe that will restrict you in your quest to become a professional player then yes, perhaps DotA or Starcraft are a better choice. I don't see why it would though.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 09:23:32
July 23 2013 09:14 GMT
#4030
https://www.google.lk/webhp?source=search_app#output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=Mathies SC2&oq=Mathies SC2&gs_l=hp.3..0i22i30j0i22i10i30j0i22i30j0i22i10i30.1069.2788.0.2945.11.11.0.0.0.0.307.2621.2-8j2.10.0....0.0..1c.1.20.psy-ab.tEOtPN3ldMo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.49641647,d.bmk,pv.xjs.s.en_US.NyLNrjc7wJY.O&fp=bf4a91ce18d11e9c&biw=1440&bih=775

Maybe? :D Idk, his twitch says he lived @ quantic house for a few months or something, his general "big headed ness" and expecting everyone to bend over backwards to let him waltz into the proscene seems to support something like this (No offence bro )

And as i see it in Dota2, you have to be good to get into (good) inhouses, or you get kicked out or at the very least seen as a complete joke and not considered for any actual teams the originate from there. So you still need skill to get anywhere, you just have to prove it in a different (forgot the word i was looking for here) uh...way.

If your playing with pro-team inhouses and you suck, it means nothing except you're being detrimental to those around you. LoL soloQ removes this, you get good THEN you get inhouses / teams.

Or if you want a 5-minute-wonder silver team, go LoL forums :-D

The most you'll get out of LoL are a solid group of duoQ partners, a good discussion group (TL. Hai) and both of those combine into a bunch of people to occassionally play relaxed normals / troll games with while allowing you to get solid input on the game untill you improve, where you'll start forming teams at high-level with them / getting noticed by others.

TL is essentially one big in-house without the 5v5 games but with all the rest x2.

I know for a damn fact i could waltz up to scip (our resident challenger) or any other high-TL player and ask him a question and he'd answer it, or any of the other plat-dia+ players, many of them have duoQ'd with me and given advice too. Doesnt mean i have the right to demand a 5's team with them
Useless wet fish.
DURRHURRDERP
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada929 Posts
July 23 2013 09:18 GMT
#4031
Nah, the answer is you shouldn't name drop your vast experience in other games without backing it up. Also equating this:

On July 23 2013 18:01 XilDarkz wrote:
They existed for me in HoN when I wasn't trying to play competitively--I got to play plenty of TLIH and similar with players like Testie (anyone in this thread from that same time period in HoN beta when it was just Dota1 in a better engine?)
They existed for me in Starcraft unquestionably.


with this:

On July 23 2013 01:50 XilDarkz wrote:
So, as a player that is coming from a Starcraft regiment of 6 hours minimum practice per day, and looking to try and break into League, where do I find a team that is looking to play at least 6 hours a day (preferably closer to 8-12) and push themselves and accept nothing but Diamond1/Challenger as a goal? Solo queue so far hasn't made me a better player (using my Dota experience as a metric) and I want to push myself to become better and compete.


Is pretty lulzworthy. I don't know how in your mind playing an inhouse game with Testie in HoN (that was essentially for fun?) equates to being on a challenger/competitive team in LoL. Additionally, unless you were a famous well known BW pro who started playing SC2 much later than all the other well known BW pros who switched to SC2, I highly doubt that professional players were willing to practice with you like you're saying...

But you could prove me wrong.
"I am an iconic role model for everyone aspiring to be better at League of Legends." - Roffles
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
July 23 2013 09:23 GMT
#4032
2 dorans and a chalice and a flask is a little overkill rofl
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
July 23 2013 09:23 GMT
#4033
Good to see Durr back on the forum again laying the SMACKDOWN.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
July 23 2013 09:26 GMT
#4034
Maybe he just wanted to take the Deezer route into the scene
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 23 2013 09:28 GMT
#4035
On July 23 2013 18:26 Kupon3ss wrote:
Maybe he just wanted to take the Deezer route into the scene

At least Deezer is in diamond.
liftlift > tsm
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 23 2013 09:29 GMT
#4036
On July 23 2013 18:23 FinestHour wrote:
2 dorans and a chalice and a flask is a little overkill rofl

Mana management is hard bro.

Better play a cheesy 100-0 champion then complain I can't carry my team with overelly selfish builds.
The legend of Darien lives on
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
July 23 2013 09:31 GMT
#4037
On July 23 2013 18:26 Kupon3ss wrote:
Maybe he just wanted to take the Deezer route into the scene

?

and this has been a large amount of venting in a place where I respect the Starcraft community that I derive my inspiration from, but it seems that very few people relate to this venting? so I apologize and should probably not post here.
aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
wussleeQ
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States3130 Posts
July 23 2013 09:32 GMT
#4038
guys. stahhhp bashing
BW -> League -> CSGO
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 09:34:23
July 23 2013 09:33 GMT
#4039
On July 23 2013 18:29 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 18:23 FinestHour wrote:
2 dorans and a chalice and a flask is a little overkill rofl

Mana management is hard bro.

Better play a cheesy 100-0 champion then complain I can't carry my team with overelly selfish builds.

Looks like Cheep forgot to log out of his TL smurf account. lol.
On July 23 2013 18:31 XilDarkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 18:26 Kupon3ss wrote:
Maybe he just wanted to take the Deezer route into the scene

?

and this has been a large amount of venting in a place where I respect the Starcraft community that I derive my inspiration from, but it seems that very few people relate to this venting? so I apologize and should probably not post here.

If you want to QQ; we have a QQ thread to contain it.
If you want to learn; ask specific questions; we generally have answers.
liftlift > tsm
DURRHURRDERP
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada929 Posts
July 23 2013 09:33 GMT
#4040
All I could find of this guy is some joke sc2 game casted by husky where he played vs stephano and got mauled by mass spine crawlers and those units that spawn from that building (for zerg - no clue what it's called never kept up to date with HOTS). Oh yeah and he played in the NASL s4 qualifiers ro32 losing to Crane and the IGN proleague american satellites losing to erosennin (some dude on complexity academy) after getting a bye in the ro32.

Hardly a prestigious SC2 pedigree but hey, that's just me.
"I am an iconic role model for everyone aspiring to be better at League of Legends." - Roffles
Prev 1 200 201 202 203 204 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 203
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31036
Hyuk 598
Calm 522
Bisu 509
Rush 304
actioN 267
Stork 222
Soma 151
EffOrt 100
Pusan 87
[ Show more ]
Mong 83
ToSsGirL 57
Shinee 57
NotJumperer 50
Barracks 48
Yoon 47
Shine 43
Bale 41
Free 39
ZerO 35
Killer 32
Dewaltoss 22
Noble 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
Sharp 21
sorry 17
HiyA 16
yabsab 14
Sacsri 12
Last 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3145
League of Legends
JimRising 367
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1281
shoxiejesuss1223
edward46
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King146
Other Games
gofns34674
summit1g7078
singsing1487
ceh9610
crisheroes196
DeMusliM60
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick614
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• LUISG 24
• killerbeecast5
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV235
• lizZardDota2123
League of Legends
• Stunt368
Other Games
• Shiphtur858
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2h 50m
OSC
12h 5m
Replay Cast
12h 50m
OSC
1d 12h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 23h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.