• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8011 users

[Patch 1.0.0.154: Preseason Balance Update 2] GD - Page 171

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 220 Next
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 21:35:01
January 28 2013 21:34 GMT
#3401
hmm well I'm not going to argue with you since I didn't have the time to watch anything from asia except for OGN but I tried it the other day and accidently bought dorans against a ezreal sona lane, and after getting 1 auto from ez+ Sona Q+powerchord I couldnt even go in cs range because they surely kill me.

I remember at IEM Katowice Cpt Jack faced the same problem against genja/gosu's ez Sona lane as Kog Maw and traded badly lvl 1 or 2 and was forced to back which basically lost him the entire lane/game.

Personally I'd only go Dblade against a non poke lane but obviously I'm not weixao
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 21:54:33
January 28 2013 21:43 GMT
#3402
On January 29 2013 06:34 AsnSensation wrote:
hmm well I'm not going to argue with you since I didn't have the time to watch anything from asia except for OGN but I tried it the other day and accidently bought dorans against a ezreal sona lane, and after getting 1 auto from ez+ Sona Q+powerchord I couldnt even go in cs range because they surely kill me.

I remember at IEM Katowice Cpt Jack faced the same problem against genja/gosu's ez Sona lane as Kog Maw and traded badly lvl 1 or 2 and was forced to back which basically lost him the entire lane/game.

Personally I'd only go Dblade against a non poke lane but obviously I'm not weixao


A lot of that comes more from the support than the ADC I think. Well played, a leona or taric lane can combo sona nearly instantaneousy at level 1 or 2, so for them going in inherently more risky. My personal belief is that the ADC can afford to go dblade because they have faith in their supports being able to zone out/prevent the worst trades and absorb some of the incoming damage. 1v2 aside, so long as your support provides proper zoning and warding, there shouldn't be angles where both of them can hit you without the potential of retaliation if the creeps are even.

In soloq, as you can't rely on your support to properly ward/position to punish poking/trading, it's significantly more risky to open dblade.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
January 28 2013 21:53 GMT
#3403
Well it depends.I've been playing with a doran start in 99% of situations and unless I fuck up I always come out ahead.Also I've played against a few guys who went lifesteal quints and it was surprisingly hard to deal with.Like they start doran and even if I poke a lot they still regain their hp REALLY fast.
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
January 28 2013 21:56 GMT
#3404
The only time you'd ever go a non dblade opener is in a farm lane honestly, other than that and what yango said about boots+3 in certain 1v2, any opener atm is inferior.

Im sure there's a mathematical cutoff that you must get xx amount of more gold for a non dblade opener > dblade, but its only practical in arranged play or low yolo Q since you can easily apply a ton of pressure with a dblade.
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
Ente
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1795 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 21:59:20
January 28 2013 21:57 GMT
#3405
I remember at IEM Katowice Cpt Jack faced the same problem against genja/gosu's ez Sona lane as Kog Maw and traded badly lvl 1 or 2 and was forced to back which basically lost him the entire lane/game.


Dorans Blade early is awesome, I say that since a while. The main reason why they got crushed so hard is because Sona is probably the best support vs kogmaw, and you simply cant pick it on purple side

Edit: to clarify a bit about dorans: Dorans is worth 1 potion after you hit 30 times, that sounds a lot right? I isnt you will have 30 autoattacks by the time you have 15 lasthits (possibly a bit earlier or later depending on your playstyle) which means by about 3 -4 minutes
lol acc: Entenzwerg EUW http://www.twitch.tv/Entenzwerg league of legends stream (challenger EuW)
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
January 28 2013 22:16 GMT
#3406
What do you guys think about Fizz?

Personally, i hate to play against fizz because he is toooooo squishy. I have no idea why fizz isnt famous in competitive games.
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 28 2013 22:16 GMT
#3407
theres also dblade + lifesteal quint stuff you can do for extra trollin
I come in for the scraps
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 28 2013 22:18 GMT
#3408
On January 28 2013 18:59 BlueSpace wrote:
So I have been playing Vi in the jungle a lot lately. (...)
My problem with her is mainly the first clear as well as itemization. I usually start blue, but I also tried red and both somewhat work although i get way too low for my comfort. My skills are usually q->w->e but priority is r>q>e>w. I feel the early point in w helps with the clear.
Items go: Machete+5 -> madreds -> boots1 -> phage -> boots2 -> Frozen Mallet -> Maw -> Warmogs

Start W on Vi, then E. W gives you the best dps on blue buff (and most little monsters take 3 hits to kill so you keep your AS buff on). You can start E, it'll be slower so you'll take more damage, but since you'll trigger her passive it'll make up for it. I still prefer W (faster w/o a pull/smiteless).

Also fuck madred, she doesn't need anything more than a machete, a charged Q+E combo is an almost instant clear of wolves+wraiths.
And Vi is OP. Now I hope the nerfs won't funnel us into a damage-oriented build, I love my tanky dps-oriented build.

On January 28 2013 19:41 sob3k wrote:
Sunfire vs Randuin's

Sunfire has 2 components, with chain vest > 2x cloth for barely more gold, and then the overall item is 500 gold less than randuin's hwile being stronger during laning. Sure it's not as slot-efficient, but with the game being more aggressive you go for what's effective now.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
January 28 2013 22:18 GMT
#3409
This new matchmaking sucks. I used to get maybe one true troll a week at MAX. 11 of them since yesterday. Today it is a guy with 7 ranked wins (yet I have 125) as 3rd pick who picks Garen when there was a Darius already locked in 2nd pick (we were purple). Darius is forced to go support because this Garen "plays to win". Gives up fb in like 1 minute flat, ends up 3/6.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
January 28 2013 22:21 GMT
#3410
Is there a riot post with this new matchmaking to read? I wasn't aware of any changes until the next patch.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 22:32:14
January 28 2013 22:30 GMT
#3411
On January 29 2013 07:21 Ketara wrote:
Is there a riot post with this new matchmaking to read? I wasn't aware of any changes until the next patch.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3016615
Posted 10 ish pages back.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
January 28 2013 22:33 GMT
#3412
Is there someone who has had a better time after it?I've dropped 160 elo the last week with absolutely no change in my play.In fact I am actually tryharding quite a bit compared to before.Also it's not just about losing in general.Who cares about elo.....But the game quality has dropped BY FAR as well....Even when you win the trolls are just on the other team.
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 22:41:20
January 28 2013 22:40 GMT
#3413
On January 29 2013 07:33 nafta wrote:
Is there someone who has had a better time after it?I've dropped 160 elo the last week with absolutely no change in my play.In fact I am actually tryharding quite a bit compared to before.Also it's not just about losing in general.Who cares about elo.....But the game quality has dropped BY FAR as well....Even when you win the trolls are just on the other team.

I doubt the new matchmaking magically created new trolls out of thin air, so there were always this many trolls in LoL and you happen to get unlucky and get more of them, which means someone else is getting fewer.

Although I guess it's possible for poor matchmaking to cause some people to 'snap' and start trolling, but it's kind of an outlandish theory

edit: also, double IP weekend screwing things up too probably
ArchAngelSC
Profile Joined April 2012
England706 Posts
January 28 2013 22:43 GMT
#3414
On January 29 2013 07:33 nafta wrote:
Is there someone who has had a better time after it?I've dropped 160 elo the last week with absolutely no change in my play.In fact I am actually tryharding quite a bit compared to before.Also it's not just about losing in general.Who cares about elo.....But the game quality has dropped BY FAR as well....Even when you win the trolls are just on the other team.

i've dropped 160 elo in two days son. Courtesy of the new matchmaking.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 22:50:52
January 28 2013 22:49 GMT
#3415
On January 29 2013 07:40 thenexusp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 07:33 nafta wrote:
Is there someone who has had a better time after it?I've dropped 160 elo the last week with absolutely no change in my play.In fact I am actually tryharding quite a bit compared to before.Also it's not just about losing in general.Who cares about elo.....But the game quality has dropped BY FAR as well....Even when you win the trolls are just on the other team.

I doubt the new matchmaking magically created new trolls out of thin air, so there were always this many trolls in LoL and you happen to get unlucky and get more of them, which means someone else is getting fewer.

Although I guess it's possible for poor matchmaking to cause some people to 'snap' and start trolling, but it's kind of an outlandish theory

edit: also, double IP weekend screwing things up too probably


Well seems rather strange that my bad streak starts and continues ever since this change.Weirdly enough everyone but 1 person out of my friend list actually lost elo the last week.It just seems so weird.....First world league problems.

I also said week.Not last 2 days.Last 2 days have been even worse which was expected I guess sadly.But I'd really have thought that when you get to decent elo you'd play with the same people no matter what :/.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 23:00:39
January 28 2013 22:56 GMT
#3416
I have rubber banded quite a bit. Rose about 100 elo after it was released, then dropped 100 (didn't feel like I was playing worse either), then back to where I was when I started (after rising 130 elo in three days). I think my play has gotten a bit better, but at the same time I'm running into some really awful teams too. In the past, stomp fests were usually an indicator of great play by my team, but I've seen some of the most clueless players I've ever seen in the past couple weeks.

Notable ones:

A Jax who built brutalizer/stinger against Shen after dying 3 times early. Pretty sure he went ninja tabi too,
A guy who insisted Fizz top was legit and then fed the crap out of Garen and insisted "it was just an off game" even after being told why it wasn't working (we won, because I carried super hard as Tristana).

Between the two, they had maybe 15 ranked games total.
Wolfstan
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada605 Posts
January 28 2013 23:09 GMT
#3417
I have gained about 200 elo since the new matchmaking. On a related note, I am 0% with support this season and about 80% with jungle/top. You need to discuss more bot lane theory IMO lol because something just doesn't click for me.
EG - ROOT - Gambit Gaming
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
January 28 2013 23:12 GMT
#3418
Maybe it's your fighting without farm that needs work?
Shadowpostin
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany798 Posts
January 28 2013 23:14 GMT
#3419
On January 29 2013 08:09 Wolfstan wrote:
I have gained about 200 elo since the new matchmaking. On a related note, I am 0% with support this season and about 80% with jungle/top. You need to discuss more bot lane theory IMO lol because something just doesn't click for me.

It's simple,you pick jarvan,start red pot+4 pots+ward and carry your nub ad.
allow me to demonstrate the skill of shaolin
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
January 28 2013 23:17 GMT
#3420
On January 29 2013 08:14 Shadowpostin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 08:09 Wolfstan wrote:
I have gained about 200 elo since the new matchmaking. On a related note, I am 0% with support this season and about 80% with jungle/top. You need to discuss more bot lane theory IMO lol because something just doesn't click for me.

It's simple,you pick jarvan,start red pot+4 pots+ward and carry your nub ad.


I have to try this.I used to main support but then I got angry that ad-s were bad so I play both now.What do you itemize after?Sightstone>locket?
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 640
ProTech143
Nina 89
JuggernautJason55
RuFF_SC2 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27216
Calm 2544
Mini 167
firebathero 102
Dewaltoss 99
soO 55
NaDa 27
HiyA 27
Bale 22
PianO 17
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6832
XaKoH 376
monkeys_forever92
canceldota28
League of Legends
Doublelift1906
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1527
fl0m1360
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu827
Other Games
FrodaN1918
Beastyqt561
B2W.Neo387
mouzStarbuck381
Livibee188
ToD170
summit1g162
KnowMe155
C9.Mang0151
shahzam123
Trikslyr120
UpATreeSC114
RotterdaM107
Mew2King45
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1072
• Shiphtur666
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 12m
Replay Cast
2h 57m
OSC
1d 2h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 13h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.