• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:49
CEST 03:49
KST 10:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10036 users

[Patch 1.0.0.154: Preseason Balance Update 2] GD - Page 173

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 220 Next
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
January 29 2013 00:37 GMT
#3441
oh haha, i had some guy feed nidalee last week claiming spears were invisible, i just dismissed it as him being an idiot :D

sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
January 29 2013 00:48 GMT
#3442
On January 29 2013 09:36 Alaric wrote:
I really don't get Lulu. Her Q is so slow it's easily avoidable unless you're playing a melee, and it's not that much damage compared to, say, Sona's Q.
How do you do anything significant as Lulu without running oom immediatly, especially against any lane with a heal? o_o
Don't see the point of abusing her passive either since most champs will outtrade you if you try to auto harass them (Sona and the aggressive ones will, Soraka doesn't care).

(I'm not saying you can't, I'm saying I fail at seeing how, so I don't really grasp her laning.)


Soraka is really good against lulu in lane, so thats understandable. You can outharass sona but its also harder. Lulu is weak against alot of heal but its still fine because you can just play safer and support ganks way better than them and have much better utility late. It makes for a boring lane but thats how you do it.

You can easily outtrade people with lulu, you just have to keep track of CD's and positioning so you dont get allined by like blitz/leona. A few autos and Q, then E and another Q when its off CD does crazy damage and you can cupcake them if they threaten you.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Alzadar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada5009 Posts
January 29 2013 00:50 GMT
#3443
On January 29 2013 09:36 Alaric wrote:
I really don't get Lulu. Her Q is so slow it's easily avoidable unless you're playing a melee, and it's not that much damage compared to, say, Sona's Q.
How do you do anything significant as Lulu without running oom immediatly, especially against any lane with a heal? o_o
Don't see the point of abusing her passive either since most champs will outtrade you if you try to auto harass them (Sona and the aggressive ones will, Soraka doesn't care).

(I'm not saying you can't, I'm saying I fail at seeing how, so I don't really grasp her laning.)


Her Q isn't really slow, it's faster than Howling Gale about the same speed as Zenith Blade and Rocket Grab. Also it can come from two directions in which case it's very difficult to avoid.
I am the Town Medic.
tokicheese
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada739 Posts
January 29 2013 00:57 GMT
#3444
Just spit balling here but I just thought of a new game mode. Just a straight up practice mode where the start is just a menu where you pick champs, how much gold, which levels, minions on or off and other settings and then allow you to practice match ups at certain stages. If you mess up or just went to reset you just hit reset and go again. I think it would be cool to be able to practice match ups more intensely rather than having to practice MU's in a normal game where if you mess up your permanently behind. So you could practice Kog/Nunu against a kill lane or some of the trickier match ups top and mid. Idk just an idea.
t༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ށ
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
January 29 2013 01:12 GMT
#3445
On January 29 2013 09:57 tokicheese wrote:
Just spit balling here but I just thought of a new game mode. Just a straight up practice mode where the start is just a menu where you pick champs, how much gold, which levels, minions on or off and other settings and then allow you to practice match ups at certain stages. If you mess up or just went to reset you just hit reset and go again. I think it would be cool to be able to practice match ups more intensely rather than having to practice MU's in a normal game where if you mess up your permanently behind. So you could practice Kog/Nunu against a kill lane or some of the trickier match ups top and mid. Idk just an idea.


Well Blizzard is adding "assuming direct control" to replays so it would be nice if riot did something similar.But I highly doubt it sadly.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 29 2013 01:13 GMT
#3446
http://www.twitch.tv/mlglol
Crs Academy v DnG
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
January 29 2013 01:29 GMT
#3447
On January 29 2013 10:12 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 09:57 tokicheese wrote:
Just spit balling here but I just thought of a new game mode. Just a straight up practice mode where the start is just a menu where you pick champs, how much gold, which levels, minions on or off and other settings and then allow you to practice match ups at certain stages. If you mess up or just went to reset you just hit reset and go again. I think it would be cool to be able to practice match ups more intensely rather than having to practice MU's in a normal game where if you mess up your permanently behind. So you could practice Kog/Nunu against a kill lane or some of the trickier match ups top and mid. Idk just an idea.


Well Blizzard is adding "assuming direct control" to replays so it would be nice if riot did something similar.But I highly doubt it sadly.

lol riot doesn't even have replays...

now you want direct control on replays?
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
January 29 2013 01:31 GMT
#3448
On January 29 2013 09:57 tokicheese wrote:
Just spit balling here but I just thought of a new game mode. Just a straight up practice mode where the start is just a menu where you pick champs, how much gold, which levels, minions on or off and other settings and then allow you to practice match ups at certain stages. If you mess up or just went to reset you just hit reset and go again. I think it would be cool to be able to practice match ups more intensely rather than having to practice MU's in a normal game where if you mess up your permanently behind. So you could practice Kog/Nunu against a kill lane or some of the trickier match ups top and mid. Idk just an idea.

I think this gets suggested at least once a week on reddit lol.

In a perfect world they would just have a custom map editor but that is probably a long ways off, if at all.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
January 29 2013 01:31 GMT
#3449
On January 29 2013 09:48 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 09:36 Alaric wrote:
I really don't get Lulu. Her Q is so slow it's easily avoidable unless you're playing a melee, and it's not that much damage compared to, say, Sona's Q.
How do you do anything significant as Lulu without running oom immediatly, especially against any lane with a heal? o_o
Don't see the point of abusing her passive either since most champs will outtrade you if you try to auto harass them (Sona and the aggressive ones will, Soraka doesn't care).

(I'm not saying you can't, I'm saying I fail at seeing how, so I don't really grasp her laning.)


Soraka is really good against lulu in lane, so thats understandable. You can outharass sona but its also harder. Lulu is weak against alot of heal but its still fine because you can just play safer and support ganks way better than them and have much better utility late. It makes for a boring lane but thats how you do it.

You can easily outtrade people with lulu, you just have to keep track of CD's and positioning so you dont get allined by like blitz/leona. A few autos and Q, then E and another Q when its off CD does crazy damage and you can cupcake them if they threaten you.


My experience with Lulu is that she is essentially garbage against any sustain-based support.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
GettingIt
Profile Joined August 2011
1656 Posts
January 29 2013 01:35 GMT
#3450
Here is something completely unrelated to the discussion, but it was just watching the Biggest Loser if you watch the show you know they have this side part where they are training 3 kids. They cut to a scene where a kid was playing League of Legends, I thought it was pretty fun XD
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
January 29 2013 01:39 GMT
#3451
does lowering fps cap lower ping?
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
January 29 2013 01:47 GMT
#3452
On January 29 2013 10:39 nosliw wrote:
does lowering fps cap lower ping?


no, although it might save you a dollar or two on electricity over a long span of time.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
January 29 2013 01:50 GMT
#3453
I don't normally shill for Mondays with Monte, but I'm giving away RP this week (details in my thread). You may want to tune in.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 29 2013 01:52 GMT
#3454
Dunno, Zenith blade feels a lot better despite its lower range, but maybe people are simply less careful against Leona because she has less range and no HP shield to soak up harass... Glitterlance has this little animation that tells people you're going to cast too.
Maybe I should just throw my obsession of not Qing through creeps through the window and try to position so that I can E the carry if he wants to auto me, and focus on him. And start with a faerie too, doesn't matter if I don't build philo, I really need flask or faerie so I get some sort of mana sustain, I run oom so fast, while doing so little because of all barely missed Qs. x_x


Last game, our team's Swain (with barrier), MF (with barrier), Shen, Sona, Pantheon jungle. Enemy team is Ezreal (building gantlet), AP Nid, Taric, Sejuani, Olaf (with TP). I managed to run oom in at least 2 fights where I had blue buff (either initially, or after I killed a carrier).
We had more towers, most drakes (4 to 1 or something like that), more kills (23-17 or along those lines) and still we couldn't make plays because it was SO HARD to engage on them. o_o I couldn't use W because Arcane Shift/Pounce/Artic Assault/Ragnarok/I initiate on Taric. They had a lot of poke and a shitton of cc (Undertow, Gauntlet Ez, Sejuani, Taric) and we couldn't get close enough and poke them otherwise they could easily cc us and then kite us to death through Ez's gauntlet+red buff Qs.
We opted to let Shen splitpush anyway and it gave us a naked inhib and a Nash buff, but unless they were pinned to a tower it was really hard to get to them.
Then you had the sunfire+warmogs+shurelya+belt on Olaf, sunfire+warmogs+locket+bulwark on Sej, another bulwark+shurelya+sightstone on Taric, SE on Nid... people took so long to kill, and those you could snipe (Nid, Ez) were slippery as hell.

Also farming as Swain too hard once the team groups up. :<
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
January 29 2013 02:04 GMT
#3455
On January 29 2013 10:13 NeoIllusions wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/mlglol
Crs Academy v DnG


game 1 was a stomp
i think IWD limits his team by taking too much farm
pixel doing pretty well bot lane too
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 29 2013 02:07 GMT
#3456
On January 29 2013 11:04 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 10:13 NeoIllusions wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/mlglol
Crs Academy v DnG


game 1 was a stomp
i think IWD limits his team by taking too much farm
pixel doing pretty well bot lane too


Lookin' gud.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
January 29 2013 02:09 GMT
#3457
Yeah, if someone claimed that spears are invisible, he might have been telling the truth. Earlier today I was playing against AP nidalee and instead of spears there were wide green clouds. It was fucking terrifying. Her heal made a massive green cloud around the enemy she casted it on too. That, too, was terrifying. But most importantly, I am not used to dodging massive green clouds. sigh.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4685 Posts
January 29 2013 02:13 GMT
#3458
On January 29 2013 11:09 Scip wrote:
Yeah, if someone claimed that spears are invisible, he might have been telling the truth. Earlier today I was playing against AP nidalee and instead of spears there were wide green clouds. It was fucking terrifying. Her heal made a massive green cloud around the enemy she casted it on too. That, too, was terrifying. But most importantly, I am not used to dodging massive green clouds. sigh.


A red posted about this on the LoL forums and the thread started 1 week ago:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3028179

I know that this isn't the first time that this has been a problem. I vaguely remember Mundo cleavers being invisible if he threw them from a position you couldn't see him in or something like that a year or so ago.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
Anakko
Profile Joined August 2012
France1934 Posts
January 29 2013 02:18 GMT
#3459
Nooblet here, I have a question about mikael's crucible...
At the start of season 3, i remember ppl theorycrafting saying that it was super good, but i've never seen it even once in pro play ever since, am i missing something or is it not very good after all?
TrAce/Cpt Jack for president (or both)
YouGotNothin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States907 Posts
January 29 2013 02:34 GMT
#3460
On January 29 2013 11:18 Anakko wrote:
Nooblet here, I have a question about mikael's crucible...
At the start of season 3, i remember ppl theorycrafting saying that it was super good, but i've never seen it even once in pro play ever since, am i missing something or is it not very good after all?


Just give it time, TL is always way ahead on these kinds of things, right guys?
I got nothin'...
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech175
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12789
Shuttle 806
Artosis 612
Dewaltoss 45
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm158
League of Legends
Doublelift4254
Counter-Strike
taco 449
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox527
AZ_Axe104
Other Games
summit1g8311
Day[9].tv520
C9.Mang0351
WinterStarcraft176
Maynarde148
ViBE122
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv520
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 11m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.