• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:08
CEST 17:08
KST 00:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7227 users

[Patch 1.0.0.154: Preseason Balance Update 2] GD - Page 168

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 220 Next
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 19:21:29
January 28 2013 19:20 GMT
#3341
I feel like the bounty system makes it really hard to have zero chance now. All it takes is for the enemy team to get a little dumb, and if all the kills funnel the right way, you can easily have 2k gold on the right person and turn things around. I've been really ahead as an ADC only for my team to all stupidly die to an Ezreal, and suddenly the Ezreal that was super far behind gets 3 bounties for almost nothing, and it's almost even again, despite the fact he was down several kills and a lot of cs.

There are situations where you can't come back, but like 90% of the time when people try to surrender, its too soon.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
January 28 2013 19:23 GMT
#3342
I mean alot of the recent pro games have showed us that a 5-8k gold lead is so easy to throw with stupid baron calls and overextending. If you really have a game where all your tier 1+2 turrets are down by 15minutes and the enemy has 15+ kill on your team, I seriously doubt that a surrender vote wouldn't go through.
wussleeQ
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States3130 Posts
January 28 2013 19:24 GMT
#3343
speaking of bounties, i find it pretty stupid how you can be worth the max 500 with only 4 kills.
BW -> League -> CSGO
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 19:28:07
January 28 2013 19:26 GMT
#3344
On January 29 2013 04:23 AsnSensation wrote:
I mean alot of the recent pro games have showed us that a 5-8k gold lead is so easy to throw with stupid baron calls and overextending. If you really have a game where all your tier 1+2 turrets are down by 15minutes and the enemy has 15+ kill on your team, I seriously doubt that a surrender vote wouldn't go through.


It happens. My last game last night we were 2 inhibitors down and a 20 kill deficit, and our 0/9 Darius refused to surrender because he insisted that you lose more ELO if you surrender, and the game lasted another 10 minutes even after I'd stopped playing.

As far as I'm concerned I should have been able to report him for that. Not surrendering in that situation should be as bannable as offensive language or refusing to communicate.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
January 28 2013 19:27 GMT
#3345
On January 29 2013 04:17 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 03:44 barbsq wrote:
On January 29 2013 03:36 Ketara wrote:
On January 29 2013 03:33 AsnSensation wrote:
On January 29 2013 03:22 Ketara wrote:
Jungle Vi's early game gank damage is really gross. At level 3 or so she can burst about 60% of a laners health down in one combo.

Also, I find the people who shit talk the most are also the people who refuse to do surrender votes. I think it's because they're so self absorbed that they think they can turn a game around by themselves no matter what the actual situation is.

I get really angry when people vote no on surrenders when you're like 20 kills behind. I'll just stop playing to get them to vote yes, not surrendering at that point is just wasting everybodies time.


the only problem is ever since I adopted the never surrender in Solo Q attitude I've actually pulled several comebacks where I would have surrendered usually. People don't lie when they say every game is winnable, imo it's worth it even if it's only 1 out of 5 games. Like if you are really that far behind that there's no chance to win, the enemy usually only needs 5minutes to finish.


Still 5 minutes of wasting everybodies time.

There are games where you're behind and you can still win sure, but there are also games where you're behind and it's blatantly obvious you can't win, but people still vote no anyway. It's rude to everybody else playing the game to make them sit through that.

it's equally rude to quit playing when other people are still making an effort to w


No, it's not. If it's a game where say, you're 20 kills down, have inhibitors dead, and haven't taken a single tower yet, with everybody on the team with a negative kill/death ratio, you can't win. There are games that get to that point and still drag on an extra 15 minutes because the losing team won't surrender and the winning team is playing too safe to end it quickly. Not playing at that point is simply speeding an already finished game along so that you can get into the next game faster. Continuing to play is what's rude.

What I'm trying to say is that while there are games where you are down and can still win, there are games that are obvious losses and still drag on. There is a difference between the two. In the former not surrendering makes sense, in the latter not surrendering doesn't make sense and is in fact a pretty dick thing to do.

I've won games where I'm 10k gold down, and all 3 of my inhibs are down with no nexus turrets, when they all still have tier 2 turrets up.

You underestimate the power of throws.
liftlift > tsm
YouGotNothin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States907 Posts
January 28 2013 19:27 GMT
#3346
All I gotta say is never doubt the ability of the other team to throw, even the pros do it. I'm sure everyones been in games where they were far ahead but then lost, the same thing can happen from the other side. Also this may be a tad unfair but it isn't even that rare for a team that's ahead to have a disconnect leading to a very close and exciting 5v4 game that you may actually win. Also teams in solo q can get really cocky once they get far ahead and start playing sloppy.
I got nothin'...
ArchAngelSC
Profile Joined April 2012
England706 Posts
January 28 2013 19:29 GMT
#3347
On January 29 2013 04:23 AsnSensation wrote:
I mean alot of the recent pro games have showed us that a 5-8k gold lead is so easy to throw with stupid baron calls and overextending. If you really have a game where all your tier 1+2 turrets are down by 15minutes and the enemy has 15+ kill on your team, I seriously doubt that a surrender vote wouldn't go through.

at my elo (1400) teams wont surrender until we're aced with our nexus is being attacked. It's REALLY REALLY annoying. Wastes so much time cause there are some games you just know you can't win unless at least 3 of the enemy team d/c.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 19:29:47
January 28 2013 19:29 GMT
#3348
On January 29 2013 04:26 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 04:23 AsnSensation wrote:
I mean alot of the recent pro games have showed us that a 5-8k gold lead is so easy to throw with stupid baron calls and overextending. If you really have a game where all your tier 1+2 turrets are down by 15minutes and the enemy has 15+ kill on your team, I seriously doubt that a surrender vote wouldn't go through.


It happens. My last game last night we were 2 inhibitors down and a 20 kill deficit, and our 0/9 Darius refused to surrender because he insisted that you lose more ELO if you surrender, and the game lasted another 10 minutes even after I'd stopped playing.

As far as I'm concerned I should have been able to report him for that. Not surrendering in that situation should be as bannable as offensive language or refusing to communicate.

Oh god. THIS.
I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS....like, where do people come up with these misconceptions?

The not surrendering is annoying, but yeah I'd play it out. The 'lose more elo' thing makes me SO ANGRY RRARGH
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
January 28 2013 19:30 GMT
#3349
On January 29 2013 04:26 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 04:23 AsnSensation wrote:
I mean alot of the recent pro games have showed us that a 5-8k gold lead is so easy to throw with stupid baron calls and overextending. If you really have a game where all your tier 1+2 turrets are down by 15minutes and the enemy has 15+ kill on your team, I seriously doubt that a surrender vote wouldn't go through.


It happens. My last game last night we had 2 inhibitors down and a 20 kill deficit, and our 0/9 Darius refused to surrender because he insisted that you lose more ELO if you surrender, and the game lasted another 10 minutes even after I'd stopped playing.

One person can't stop a surrender vote. You're being rude to at least two other people on your team. And there is seriously no game that can't be thrown (this is *even more* true in yolo queue than in pro games), except you'll never find this out if you keep afking at fountain whenever things don't go your way.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 28 2013 19:32 GMT
#3350
l0l, plz stop with surrender talk?
So inane.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
January 28 2013 19:35 GMT
#3351
Yeah l0l who surrenders?
I mean I've won and lost games where there was a open nexus at 17 mins and they just threw repeatedly
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
January 28 2013 19:36 GMT
#3352
On January 29 2013 04:30 thenexusp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 04:26 Ketara wrote:
On January 29 2013 04:23 AsnSensation wrote:
I mean alot of the recent pro games have showed us that a 5-8k gold lead is so easy to throw with stupid baron calls and overextending. If you really have a game where all your tier 1+2 turrets are down by 15minutes and the enemy has 15+ kill on your team, I seriously doubt that a surrender vote wouldn't go through.


It happens. My last game last night we had 2 inhibitors down and a 20 kill deficit, and our 0/9 Darius refused to surrender because he insisted that you lose more ELO if you surrender, and the game lasted another 10 minutes even after I'd stopped playing.

One person can't stop a surrender vote. You're being rude to at least two other people on your team. And there is seriously no game that can't be thrown (this is *even more* true in yolo queue than in pro games), except you'll never find this out if you keep afking at fountain whenever things don't go your way.


I would rather be rude to 2 people than rude to 8. Just how I see it I suppose!
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
January 28 2013 19:38 GMT
#3353
Guise I just bought a new car battery 3 months ago and it already died on me. :[ Wut do. I don't even recall leaving any lights on once.

Y life so hard.
Retvrn to Forvms
misirlou
Profile Joined June 2010
Portugal3316 Posts
January 28 2013 19:40 GMT
#3354
Why cant we report ppl from champ select? rly. fp wants to swap. i ask him blitz (im 4th pick). i say the guy, "when u see their mid start name champs and ill pick first one that i have"
other team gets ahri, i say what do u want?, 5 secs to end champ select he spams tf tf tf tf tf tf. mfw i dont have tf... i get ryze, team starts raging at me and im forced to dodge cause they want to report me instead...
does someone else see what i did wrong so i can improve?
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 19:43:02
January 28 2013 19:42 GMT
#3355
If you have a good reason to report somebody from champ select you can screenshot it and send the screenshot in to Riot via a support ticket. It takes some time but they always reply to the email and say "Thanks we'll deal with this."

That doesn't sound very reportable though. If you're going to swap champs with somebody you should figure out what you're swapping with BEFORE you pick anything.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Alzadar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada5009 Posts
January 28 2013 19:43 GMT
#3356
On January 29 2013 04:36 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 04:30 thenexusp wrote:
On January 29 2013 04:26 Ketara wrote:
On January 29 2013 04:23 AsnSensation wrote:
I mean alot of the recent pro games have showed us that a 5-8k gold lead is so easy to throw with stupid baron calls and overextending. If you really have a game where all your tier 1+2 turrets are down by 15minutes and the enemy has 15+ kill on your team, I seriously doubt that a surrender vote wouldn't go through.


It happens. My last game last night we had 2 inhibitors down and a 20 kill deficit, and our 0/9 Darius refused to surrender because he insisted that you lose more ELO if you surrender, and the game lasted another 10 minutes even after I'd stopped playing.

One person can't stop a surrender vote. You're being rude to at least two other people on your team. And there is seriously no game that can't be thrown (this is *even more* true in yolo queue than in pro games), except you'll never find this out if you keep afking at fountain whenever things don't go your way.


I would rather be rude to 2 people than rude to 8. Just how I see it I suppose!


When you AFK in a game you're being rude to 9 people.
I am the Town Medic.
misirlou
Profile Joined June 2010
Portugal3316 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 19:48:18
January 28 2013 19:43 GMT
#3357
On January 29 2013 04:42 Ketara wrote:
If you have a good reason to report somebody from champ select you can screenshot it and send the screenshot in to Riot via a support ticket. It takes some time but they always reply to the email and say "Thanks we'll deal with this."


but on the big picture getting one person warned will accomplish nothing cause the community will keep doing this

one way to go about it would be implementing swaps in pick order, so the guy would swap with me and i would pick blitz, and come my time, he would pick whatever he wanted/had
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
January 28 2013 19:44 GMT
#3358
On January 29 2013 04:38 Chrispy wrote:
Guise I just bought a new car battery 3 months ago and it already died on me. :[ Wut do. I don't even recall leaving any lights on once.

Y life so hard.

Are you sure the battery is dead?

I've run into this problem like 4 times on friends' cars and the issues have been
- wires weren't connected properly to the solenoid
- alternator connected wrong
- battery leads weren't attached right
- car out of gas
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 19:49:30
January 28 2013 19:49 GMT
#3359
On January 29 2013 04:38 Chrispy wrote:
Guise I just bought a new car battery 3 months ago and it already died on me. :[ Wut do. I don't even recall leaving any lights on once.

Y life so hard.


Sometimes my car battery will just shit out on me. It's a pretty old car ('87 BMW), so it doesn't respond well to rapid changes in weather - so it'll often struggle when it gets really cold or really hot real fast (somewhat inconvenient in New England). It'll also sometimes randomly die if the car has been sitting for a while.

Not sure where you live or if that's at all pertinent to your situation. I don't know much about cars =P
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 28 2013 19:54 GMT
#3360
Lol I just noticed that lolking doesnt even have a section for nasus since so few people play him. that is so sad. Even karma has a section since she is broken in 3s.

He might be the only character with not enough ranked data to make a section for? pretty sure everyone else has one but i could be mistaken
I come in for the scraps
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 684
SteadfastSC 286
TKL 258
Rex 128
ProTech122
CosmosSc2 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44151
Calm 3649
Shuttle 2463
Jaedong 1415
Horang2 847
Mini 586
Soma 468
EffOrt 428
Rush 394
Soulkey 307
[ Show more ]
Stork 296
Larva 271
BeSt 242
ZerO 191
Snow 189
firebathero 126
Mong 101
Zeus 94
hero 79
910 76
Mind 71
Free 62
Hyun 49
Sharp 47
Yoon 45
sorry 42
Shine 36
Shinee 36
Pusan 31
PianO 29
ToSsGirL 24
Killer 23
JYJ 22
Bale 21
Sexy 20
Aegong 18
Terrorterran 16
scan(afreeca) 14
HiyA 12
Trap 12
Rock 11
Hm[arnc] 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5331
Dendi1152
420jenkins140
Counter-Strike
fl0m3304
Fnx 621
x6flipin193
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King123
ChuDatz24
Other Games
singsing2158
Liquid`RaSZi850
hiko673
B2W.Neo417
crisheroes348
dupreeh347
ceh9283
Khaldor195
Livibee188
Pyrionflax167
Hui .160
Trikslyr95
QueenE87
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1106
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH264
• mYiSmile117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV275
League of Legends
• Nemesis2426
• Jankos1614
• TFBlade521
Other Games
• Shiphtur696
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
52m
The PondCast
18h 52m
INu's Battles
19h 52m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.