• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:22
CEST 03:22
KST 10:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6399 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 184

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 182 183 184 185 186 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
April 03 2012 23:49 GMT
#3661
If AD malz becomes a thing I'm seriously going to drive to Two_Down's and smack him upside the head. Even with today's gas prices.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
April 03 2012 23:54 GMT
#3662
AD Jungle Malz too stronk. 5-0 start into enemy surrender.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 23:57:33
April 03 2012 23:56 GMT
#3663
So we're getting a horse riding champ or a centaur?

EDIT: I think he's gonna be a centaur.
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
April 04 2012 00:03 GMT
#3664
On April 04 2012 08:49 BlackPaladin wrote:
If AD malz becomes a thing I'm seriously going to drive to Two_Down's and smack him upside the head. Even with today's gas prices.


I can get behind this, I'd donate for gas money.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
April 04 2012 00:03 GMT
#3665
On April 04 2012 08:56 Zhiroo wrote:
So we're getting a horse riding champ or a centaur?

EDIT: I think he's gonna be a centaur.



already "leaked"

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
April 04 2012 00:07 GMT
#3666
On April 04 2012 09:03 Parnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 08:49 BlackPaladin wrote:
If AD malz becomes a thing I'm seriously going to drive to Two_Down's and smack him upside the head. Even with today's gas prices.


I can get behind this, I'd donate for gas money.


I'll do the honors. I live about 30 min from T_D.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
April 04 2012 00:10 GMT
#3667
http://www.team-dignitas.org/articles/blogs/Interview/1158/David-Ting-of-IPL-My-goal-is-to-run-4-major-events-a-year-with-a-lot-of-qualifiers/


Currently there is one leading MOBA in the current scene, that’s League of Legends with it’s massive fanbase and the amount of viewers that it attracts, with DotA2 expanding do you ever see it joining IPL?

Mr Ting: No, I think this is where I actually got a lot of criticism, I was one of the fairly outspoken ones, where I want to do one title in the MOBA scene, it was a hard decision, between Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends as well as Dota2. At that time it was not as clear as a decision as it is today because Dota2 just ran the $1million tournament and it had a lot of buzz. HoN is the de facto eSports choice, I went with League of Legends and I have a great partnership with Riot and I expect to continue that for many years to come.

So, I’m going to stick to one title and I really enjoy working with the Riot folks and I think they got the right business model as well for eSports. Their title is free to play with monotonization built into the game itself, and I believe strongly that I want to put my time on titles that evolve with time versus one that published. That’s a personal preference of mine, I’m not saying I’m only going to except those type of titles, but that’s a stronger business model when we are looking at the big picture.


So, you were saying you prefer to stick with titles that change over time, with Starcrafts expansion(Heart of the Swarm) coming out do you viewers increasing and do you see it as a game that hasn’t fully been published yet?

Mr Ting: I think we are you going to switch over to Heart of the Swarm when it goes to GA, I believe in upgrading and the key here is that we will announce that several months before the change.

I view Starcraft2, Heart of the Swarm versus Wings of liberty as the same title, but if you look at League of Legends, it is happening faster every 2 to 4 weeks there is basically game balance changes and new champions introduced. That’s what I mean by having an evergreen title, that’s really ideal for eSports, I believe that’s the case and that’s what we have with League of Legends.


Those are some interesting answers from David Ting. Even as a LoL fan, I'm not sure I can agree with some of his answers...HotS is the same game as WoL while a patch every 2-4 weeks makes LoL something different.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
April 04 2012 00:18 GMT
#3668
On April 04 2012 08:49 BlackPaladin wrote:
If AD malz becomes a thing I'm seriously going to drive to Two_Down's and smack him upside the head. Even with today's gas prices.


You'll have to come smack me too. I've been saying that AD Malz is one item release short of OP since months ago, just not as zealously as T_D does with his fancies.

Play AD Malz in a bot game and watch what happens when you E someone once you have a Brutalizer or B.F. Sword. The amount of damage they take is utterly stupid.

On April 04 2012 09:10 JBright wrote:
Mr. Ting: Their title is free to play with monotonization built into the game itself...


Freudian slip?
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
April 04 2012 00:25 GMT
#3669
On April 04 2012 08:56 Zhiroo wrote:
So we're getting a horse riding champ or a centaur?

EDIT: I think he's gonna be a centaur.


Wasn't there a rumor about a centaur champ for a while?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
April 04 2012 00:41 GMT
#3670
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=22741650#post22741650

Yep it's a centaur:
+ Show Spoiler +
We here at Riot Games make every effort to ensure that our stable of champions is as diverse as possible. Still, even after the addition of Sejuani to the League of Legends, there are those cavalry enthusiasts out there who would contend that the greatest warriors ride horses. For you purists, we’d like to propose an alternative point of view. It is our opinion that the most epic warriors are themselves at least 50% equine. And as evidence of this theory it is our pleasure to present Hecarim, the Shadow of War.



So if you enjoy leveling your lance and charging headlong into the brunt of the enemy ranks leaving only the trampled corpses of lesser foes in your wake, we’re pretty sure that Hecarim, the Shadow of War will have you chomping at the bit come next patch!
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
ManyCookies
Profile Joined December 2010
1164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 00:50:25
April 04 2012 00:46 GMT
#3671
Neat, hope he's more mobility centric than Tanky DPS. Maybe he could be a mount for other champions?


Regarding Malz bot, my Voidling was doing a good 1/3rd of the other AD's health (before every other lane got destroyed). They also have 450 Movespeed, which makes them rather difficult to kite. Pretty funny, although I am by no means a bottom expert.

EDIT:



I view Starcraft2, Heart of the Swarm versus Wings of liberty as the same title, but if you look at League of Legends, it is happening faster every 2 to 4 weeks there is basically game balance changes and new champions introduced.


That's not neccesarily a good thing in the long run (Short run, it's probably neccesary). You do need a certain amount of stability for strong optimization and competitive play, more than what LoL is currently going through.
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
April 04 2012 00:55 GMT
#3672
--- Nuked ---
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 01:36:36
April 04 2012 01:11 GMT
#3673
On April 04 2012 09:55 stormtemplar wrote:
Anyone willing to play with a 1k elo noob so I can get out of ELO hell faster/test myself against better players? (Yes I know there's a thread but no one goes in it)


you will just fall back down to 1k Elo

edit: the best thing you can do to get better at LoL is to focus entirely on one role.
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
April 04 2012 01:23 GMT
#3674
On April 04 2012 10:11 nojitosunrise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 09:55 stormtemplar wrote:
Anyone willing to play with a 1k elo noob so I can get out of ELO hell faster/test myself against better players? (Yes I know there's a thread but no one goes in it)


you will just fall back down to 1k Elo

Thats not the attitude you should have.... at least offer him some advice
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Jaso
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2147 Posts
April 04 2012 01:23 GMT
#3675
So I was just thinking about this..

a while back ago, why was everyone saying Veigar was awful and one of the worst AP carries?
derp
zodde
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1908 Posts
April 04 2012 01:25 GMT
#3676
On April 04 2012 10:23 Jaso wrote:
So I was just thinking about this..

a while back ago, why was everyone saying Veigar was awful and one of the worst AP carries?


He did receive some buffs, so it wasn't all made up. I think he was undervalued even before the buffs though.
petered
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1817 Posts
April 04 2012 01:39 GMT
#3677
On April 04 2012 09:55 stormtemplar wrote:
Anyone willing to play with a 1k elo noob so I can get out of ELO hell faster/test myself against better players? (Yes I know there's a thread but no one goes in it)


My summoner name is petered in LoL. I am only 1250 so I won't be carrying you out of anything, but I don't mind playing with anyone as long as they are manner. I find it more fun to play with someone I know than not. Feel free to add me.
This, my friends, is the power of the Shikyo Memorial for QQ therapy thread. We make the world a better place, one chainsaw massacre prevention at a time.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
April 04 2012 01:40 GMT
#3678
I think the original veigar (the one that siphoned AP from enemies and applied ult damage based on enemy mana) was a stronger version than the current one.
Juddas
Profile Joined January 2011
768 Posts
April 04 2012 01:40 GMT
#3679
yeah I think veigar is one of the best AP carries in the game. Infinite damage shouldn't be looked over. With smart play and good mechanics, he is really fun and really powerful.

For the record, I had a game with him where I was fed 21-4 and had 1200 AP. 1 shotting squishies with a meteor is fun stuff.

I think his biggest problem is probably his cooldowns are relatively high, and after he comboes the other AP carry he is a little worthless, but that can be alleviated pretty easily. What people seem to not remember is that his ult still has a 1.2 ratio + 1000 dmg, so its good even if they dont have any AP. Just dont ult the tank.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
April 04 2012 01:52 GMT
#3680
On April 04 2012 10:23 Jaso wrote:
So I was just thinking about this..

a while back ago, why was everyone saying Veigar was awful and one of the worst AP carries?

Veigar was considered bad because his laning was terrible. In lane his mana costs were too high for him to trade efficiently. It also didn't help that most of his combo was single target and in terms of single-target AP carry Ryze/Cassio tend to do that just as well or better.

This patch:
v1.0.0.131:
Primordial Burst mana cost reduced to 125/175/225 from 150/200/250
Dark Matter mana cost reduced to 70/80/90/100/110 from 100/110/120/130/140
Baleful Strike
Mana cost adjusted to 60/65/70/75/80 from 75 at all levels
Total ability power accumulated from Baleful Strike is now displayed in the tooltip
Event Horizon mana cost reduced to 80/90/100/110/120 from 80/95/110/125/140

Did a lot for him. His laning was no longer sub-par. Veigar's stun and damage output has always been ridiculously strong; it was just a matter of surviving long enough to use it without being a liability.
Prev 1 182 183 184 185 186 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2589
Artosis 787
910 48
Dota 2
monkeys_forever683
NeuroSwarm189
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv291
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe152
Other Games
summit1g8438
JimRising 659
Day[9].tv388
C9.Mang0262
ArmadaUGS64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick820
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream353
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv388
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 39m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 39m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.