• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:22
CEST 13:22
KST 20:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7482 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 179

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 177 178 179 180 181 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 03 2012 15:22 GMT
#3561
AD Malz + Support Jarman IMHO. Give em the good old complete mindfuck in the draft.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ManyCookies
Profile Joined December 2010
1164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 15:25:45
April 03 2012 15:23 GMT
#3562
Alright, I'm convinced. I'm assuming runes are something like AD Reds/Quints, Armour Yellows, AS Blues. Masteries are 21/0/9 or something like 9/12/9? Or do you max CDR in the Utility Tree? Early build includes Tears and Brutalizer somewhere, I'd guess. Boots CDR? How are ganks pre-6 and post? How does he deal with counter-jungling?

Do Malz's Voidlings benefit with built Life Steal? On hit effects? Armour Pen?
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 15:34:11
April 03 2012 15:29 GMT
#3563
Kk just did some more research. Malz has an aa range of 550, which is respectable for ranged damage. His damage gain is actualy better or equal to a lot of ad caries. The issue is that his attack speed gain per level is pretty bad, less than half of other ad carries. So you will need to throw some attack speed in there somewhere.

On April 04 2012 00:23 ManyCookies wrote:
Alright, I'm convinced. I'm assuming runes are something like AD Reds/Quints, Armour Yellows, AS Blues. Masteries are 21/0/9 or something like 9/12/9? Or do you max CDR in the Utility Tree? Early build includes Tears and Brutalizer somewhere, I'd guess. Boots CDR? How are ganks pre-6 and post? How does he deal with counter-jungling?

Do Malz's Voidlings benefit with built Life Steal? On hit effects? Armour Pen?

Yesterday I ran 21-9-0, ad reds, armor yellows, mr/lvl blues, armpen quints. I didnt actually find I needed tear. Id try a game without it just to see if you do need it (I did take blues though, but even without blue I found I was still clearing pretty well).

I opened cloth 5 to be safe and took some damage, dont know if boots works on him. He actually clears pretty quick so I wouldnt be TOO worried about counterjungling, but I'm not sure how well he handles himself in a 1v1. Needs more testing.

Ganks are really good post 6. Basically ww, only with a longer duration and more damage.

Voidlings benifit from armor pen, dont think they benifit from on hits or lifesteal.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
April 03 2012 15:29 GMT
#3564
I remember watching Saintvicious jungle AD malz a month or so ago. Thought it was hilarious but I didn't really watch it.

Don't know what runes/masteries he went though, and all I remember is that he went wriggles and a couple of dorans. IIRC he had a long sword so I figured he was working on either Phage or Manamune.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 03 2012 15:29 GMT
#3565
why? just let voidlings do the attacking for you.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Bwaaaa
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia969 Posts
April 03 2012 15:34 GMT
#3566
Lane Noc on wickd's stream right now haha
Lounge
Profile Joined November 2011
537 Posts
April 03 2012 15:37 GMT
#3567
The AD Malz's I've seen picked up Aegis. (I'm guessing the aura effects voidlings?) But not Starks/Zekes. So I assume they don't get Life Steal.

From my experience they went something like: Manamune -> FH -> Aegis -> BT -> Banshees.

I never played as AD but playing against I'd assume you really want CDR so you can keep your voidlings up and on the right target because once malefic visions falls off they just kind of derp around. So I guess build him similar to Urgot?

If Riot ever adds the real AD caster item everyone wants I assume it'd be good on him.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 03 2012 15:40 GMT
#3568
On April 04 2012 00:34 Bwaaaa wrote:
Lane Noc on wickd's stream right now haha

Why is this a haha? Noct's a pretty strong top laner, not sure why no one plays him tbh.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Sabin010
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1892 Posts
April 03 2012 15:40 GMT
#3569
Doesn't Malz's jungle get incredibly fast once your space AIDS clears a whole camp when you cast it and run away?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 03 2012 15:42 GMT
#3570
It's always incredibly fast.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ManyCookies
Profile Joined December 2010
1164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 15:47:51
April 03 2012 15:42 GMT
#3571
That and the Voidling or two helping out, even before Space AIDS gets powerful.

Oh that reminds me, I'm assuming you level R>E>Q>W, start W->E->Q?
Sabin010
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1892 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 15:46:06
April 03 2012 15:45 GMT
#3572
I'm gonna have to try this AD Malz out tonight. Been doing all kinds of stupid jungling lately, Karthus Blitz LB. Blitz is the most fun when you get Triforce Mobility boots and level 5 w. You get to run around with like 550+ ms.

do you get silence or pool at level 1?
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 15:47:56
April 03 2012 15:47 GMT
#3573
I went E>W>Q because of the % damage gain on w. Opened with pool for wolves and the damage to golem.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
ManyCookies
Profile Joined December 2010
1164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 15:57:47
April 03 2012 15:49 GMT
#3574
Oh yeah, E restores mana when it's target is killed. That probably helps the mana problem considerably.

As an aside, a constant amount of Pen will always increase your DPS by the same amount, regardless of your opponent's resistances. If you have 100 armor shred against a 100 armour target, you'll do twice as much damage as if you had none. If you have it against 200 armour, you'll do twice as much damage as if you had none. Just thought that was interesting.
Bwaaaa
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia969 Posts
April 03 2012 16:03 GMT
#3575
On April 04 2012 00:40 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 00:34 Bwaaaa wrote:
Lane Noc on wickd's stream right now haha

Why is this a haha? Noct's a pretty strong top laner, not sure why no one plays him tbh.

He doesn't get played because the jungler can just can camp a perma pushed lane. It is funny because he know he is playing against snoopeh's naut who is a very proficient ganker coupled with shen.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
April 03 2012 16:05 GMT
#3576
On April 04 2012 01:03 Bwaaaa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 00:40 Mogwai wrote:
On April 04 2012 00:34 Bwaaaa wrote:
Lane Noc on wickd's stream right now haha

Why is this a haha? Noct's a pretty strong top laner, not sure why no one plays him tbh.

He doesn't get played because the jungler can just can camp a perma pushed lane. It is funny because he know he is playing against snoopeh's naut who is a very proficient ganker coupled with shen.


If Nautilus is top laning, every single time he activates one of his abilities he pushes the lane. Therefore, Nocturne would be a relatively safe pick against him with minimal autoattacking minion waves.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
necrosed
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil885 Posts
April 03 2012 16:06 GMT
#3577
Oh, yeah. Jarvs is incredible with him. For masteries, 21/9? Or focus more on cdr? Runes should be the usual for ad carries, except the blues - as or cdr per lvl work better for him imo.
Shadow of his former self.
zodde
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1908 Posts
April 03 2012 16:07 GMT
#3578
On April 04 2012 01:05 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 01:03 Bwaaaa wrote:
On April 04 2012 00:40 Mogwai wrote:
On April 04 2012 00:34 Bwaaaa wrote:
Lane Noc on wickd's stream right now haha

Why is this a haha? Noct's a pretty strong top laner, not sure why no one plays him tbh.

He doesn't get played because the jungler can just can camp a perma pushed lane. It is funny because he know he is playing against snoopeh's naut who is a very proficient ganker coupled with shen.


If Nautilus is top laning, every single time he activates one of his abilities he pushes the lane. Therefore, Nocturne would be a relatively safe pick against him with minimal autoattacking minion waves.


Snoopeh is jungling Naut, he was talking about how Nautilus could gank nocturne easily because he always pushes with his passive.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 03 2012 16:22 GMT
#3579
UTDZac on Jungle Malz:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14285290&postcount=37056
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
April 03 2012 16:24 GMT
#3580
On April 04 2012 00:05 Alaric wrote:
You're annoying Seuss, I've got one unused runepage, and the feeling that I'm going to cede, buy armor blues to complete my collection, and try your way. Those precious runepages. :<


My video demonstrating it should be in the Nautilus thread (though I don't get a leash), so you don't have to jump in blindly in any case.

Full armor page is also awesome for Malphite and Rammus, and laning against certain annoying champions top.

On April 04 2012 00:29 Two_DoWn wrote:
Kk just did some more research. Malz has an aa range of 550, which is respectable for ranged damage. His damage gain is actualy better or equal to a lot of ad caries. The issue is that his attack speed gain per level is pretty bad, less than half of other ad carries. So you will need to throw some attack speed in there somewhere.

Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 00:23 ManyCookies wrote:
Alright, I'm convinced. I'm assuming runes are something like AD Reds/Quints, Armour Yellows, AS Blues. Masteries are 21/0/9 or something like 9/12/9? Or do you max CDR in the Utility Tree? Early build includes Tears and Brutalizer somewhere, I'd guess. Boots CDR? How are ganks pre-6 and post? How does he deal with counter-jungling?

Do Malz's Voidlings benefit with built Life Steal? On hit effects? Armour Pen?

Yesterday I ran 21-9-0, ad reds, armor yellows, mr/lvl blues, armpen quints. I didnt actually find I needed tear. Id try a game without it just to see if you do need it (I did take blues though, but even without blue I found I was still clearing pretty well).

I opened cloth 5 to be safe and took some damage, dont know if boots works on him. He actually clears pretty quick so I wouldnt be TOO worried about counterjungling, but I'm not sure how well he handles himself in a 1v1. Needs more testing.

Ganks are really good post 6. Basically ww, only with a longer duration and more damage.

Voidlings benifit from armor pen, dont think they benifit from on hits or lifesteal.


If you're just jungling/casually clearing a lane you're fine without Tear/Manamune/Blue, but when you go into super spam mode to get a ton of voidlings out mana becomes a big issue in my experience.

1v1 you throw E on your opponent and kite backwards while your voidlings chew them up. This works better the quicker your reaction time is to the counter-jungler. If they're already on top of you you're in trouble, especially if it's someone like Lee Sin.

Voidlings do not benefit from anything outside of AD and APen, and aren't affected by auras (e.g. Zeke's, Aegis etc.). Buffs like Sivir ult/Sona E work on them. The biggest problem with Voidlings is that once opponents have boots if they run your Voidlings will usually chase after them uselessly. You need slows/CC to really get your damage going, so Phage isn't a bad investment.

I think I've managed both Boots and Long Sword on jungle Malzahar the last time he came up in discussion, but it requires a ton of finesse with Voidling management. I'd have to take another look.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 177 178 179 180 181 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 15090
StarCastTV_EN388
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs PercivalLIVE!
TBD vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings97
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko226
ProTech75
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10227
Jaedong 5616
EffOrt 2614
BeSt 1122
actioN 822
Killer 700
Soma 569
Pusan 474
ZerO 454
Horang2 419
[ Show more ]
Zeus 239
Stork 214
Rush 204
JYJ 144
Barracks 125
Mong 59
ToSsGirL 54
HiyA 45
Bale 30
Sexy 27
Shinee 26
Sharp 26
Terrorterran 21
sorry 20
Sea.KH 18
JulyZerg 9
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4627
XaKoH 390
Dendi281
League of Legends
Reynor48
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_28
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2300
crisheroes2130
Other Games
gofns57091
singsing1457
olofmeister1325
byalli543
Livibee211
OGKoka 93
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream348
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 214
StarCraft 2
WardiTV169
Other Games
BasetradeTV164
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1748
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 39m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 39m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.