• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:17
CEST 14:17
KST 21:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7938 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 177

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 175 176 177 178 179 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 03 2012 10:41 GMT
#3521
How do you guys deal with level two ganks on top or mid? Every time I am on blue side laning something like Olaf vs Irelia, I have a problem with stuff like Lee See ganking with red. Do I just open cloth+pots+ward or? What's the high elo way of dealing with those strong early ganks?
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
April 03 2012 10:46 GMT
#3522
Play passive until you have a ward or know where their jungler is. If it's a very strong level 2 ganker it's even worth missing cs.
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 10:49:50
April 03 2012 10:46 GMT
#3523
On April 03 2012 19:31 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 19:28 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Why isn't running AD quints/reds on something like soraka not viable as a support? Won't you be able to zone enemies REALLY hard 1-4?

I used to run arp reds and just auto them on supports. Stopped doing it because if they turn on you you'll take too much damage while your carry is sitting there like a retard not assisting once they turn.

ya this sounded awesome to me and i started doing it as well but then i realize it only works vs retards. armor reds and gold quints are better. apen reds can work on janna because you can shield yourself with bonus ad and force trades.

On April 03 2012 19:41 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
How do you guys deal with level two ganks on top or mid? Every time I am on blue side laning something like Olaf vs Irelia, I have a problem with stuff like Lee See ganking with red. Do I just open cloth+pots+ward or? What's the high elo way of dealing with those strong early ganks?

give up cs. the three ranged creeps are not worth feeding leesin.
GANDHISAUCE
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
April 03 2012 11:18 GMT
#3524
On April 03 2012 19:30 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 19:28 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Why isn't running AD quints/reds on something like soraka not viable as a support? Won't you be able to zone enemies REALLY hard 1-4?

Terrible aspd and attack animation. Some jannas do that though


bullshit, sorakas attack animation is amazing.
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
April 03 2012 11:21 GMT
#3525
On April 03 2012 19:41 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
How do you guys deal with level two ganks on top or mid? Every time I am on blue side laning something like Olaf vs Irelia, I have a problem with stuff like Lee See ganking with red. Do I just open cloth+pots+ward or? What's the high elo way of dealing with those strong early ganks?


Play passive till you know whats going on. Let the support CV at about 2:20 if you have CV. Or just wait it out till he shows himself somewhere. Dont, ever, overextend, early!

If you know lee is bot, play more freely, when you are blind, play as if you can be ganked at any moment. Also save escapes. If you play Renekton, level E at lvl2, save it. Same for kennen and such champs.
KCCO!
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 03 2012 12:49 GMT
#3526
Sorta missed this convo earlier, but I actually have been trying to avoid smiting blue more and more when I jungle so that I can save it for red. You already get a leash and arent taking damage, the question really becomes if you can get your team to not suck for 10 seconds and help ya out.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
April 03 2012 13:05 GMT
#3527
i dont understand the purpose of saving smite for red. the sooner you use smite the sooner it comes back. assuming you 'know' you arent getting invaded i would say it would be even better to smite the instant blue is pulled so it can come around sooner for red again.
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 13:12:13
April 03 2012 13:10 GMT
#3528
On April 03 2012 20:21 ihasaKAROT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 19:41 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
How do you guys deal with level two ganks on top or mid? Every time I am on blue side laning something like Olaf vs Irelia, I have a problem with stuff like Lee See ganking with red. Do I just open cloth+pots+ward or? What's the high elo way of dealing with those strong early ganks?


Play passive till you know whats going on. Let the support CV at about 2:20 if you have CV. Or just wait it out till he shows himself somewhere. Dont, ever, overextend, early!

If you know lee is bot, play more freely, when you are blind, play as if you can be ganked at any moment. Also save escapes. If you play Renekton, level E at lvl2, save it. Same for kennen and such champs.


CLG showed that an very good lvl 2 ganker can be shut down with appropriate play in their game vs NeL or XD, can't remember which one.

The Koreans played Ali jungle, and he wasn't able to get any ganks off till very late in the game. Purely because of map control (wards & cv), and lanes playing safer than normal. If a very aggressive ganking jungler is walking around for 2 minutes looking for a gank, that's a lot of time you have wasted not farming or doing anything else effective. When Ali got his lvl 3 on Ali Saint already was 5-6 iirc.

On April 03 2012 22:05 turdburgler wrote:
i dont understand the purpose of saving smite for red. the sooner you use smite the sooner it comes back. assuming you 'know' you arent getting invaded i would say it would be even better to smite the instant blue is pulled so it can come around sooner for red again.


On fast junglers with fast first clears (Olaf for example, but also Shyv, Mundo, etc) you can do wolves>blue>wraiths>golems and then your smite will still be on a ~20s cd if you use it on blue.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 03 2012 13:11 GMT
#3529
On April 03 2012 22:05 turdburgler wrote:
i dont understand the purpose of saving smite for red. the sooner you use smite the sooner it comes back. assuming you 'know' you arent getting invaded i would say it would be even better to smite the instant blue is pulled so it can come around sooner for red again.

It gives more options. You may lose like 3 seconds, but you gain a bunch of possibilites. You can get a much faster red (and much safer) than you would be able to do otherwise. You also can then go steal the enemy red (depending on who they/you are).

No smite on blue into a red smite is actually really good on gakers who need level 3 to gank because it maximizes the ammount of health you have coming out of the blue buff.

The issue with it coming up "sooner" for red is that you WILL out jungle smite. It then becomes the question of where do you waste time (because that is what you are doing: wasting time). Do you kill golems or go back to wolves? Either way it delays you far more than saving smite from blue does.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
April 03 2012 13:28 GMT
#3530
On April 03 2012 22:05 turdburgler wrote:
i dont understand the purpose of saving smite for red. the sooner you use smite the sooner it comes back. assuming you 'know' you arent getting invaded i would say it would be even better to smite the instant blue is pulled so it can come around sooner for red again.

I remember that Hotshot rage when he got ganked by a lvl 3 double buff rammus as he was still like lvl 1 or something rofl.Rammus got a beast leash on wolves and blue just powerballed to red with smite and went for a gank.
Cackle™
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
April 03 2012 13:29 GMT
#3531
On April 03 2012 22:10 Doctorbeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 20:21 ihasaKAROT wrote:
On April 03 2012 19:41 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
How do you guys deal with level two ganks on top or mid? Every time I am on blue side laning something like Olaf vs Irelia, I have a problem with stuff like Lee See ganking with red. Do I just open cloth+pots+ward or? What's the high elo way of dealing with those strong early ganks?


Play passive till you know whats going on. Let the support CV at about 2:20 if you have CV. Or just wait it out till he shows himself somewhere. Dont, ever, overextend, early!

If you know lee is bot, play more freely, when you are blind, play as if you can be ganked at any moment. Also save escapes. If you play Renekton, level E at lvl2, save it. Same for kennen and such champs.


CLG showed that an very good lvl 2 ganker can be shut down with appropriate play in their game vs NeL or XD, can't remember which one.

The Koreans played Ali jungle, and he wasn't able to get any ganks off till very late in the game. Purely because of map control (wards & cv), and lanes playing safer than normal. If a very aggressive ganking jungler is walking around for 2 minutes looking for a gank, that's a lot of time you have wasted not farming or doing anything else effective. When Ali got his lvl 3 on Ali Saint already was 5-6 iirc.

Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 22:05 turdburgler wrote:
i dont understand the purpose of saving smite for red. the sooner you use smite the sooner it comes back. assuming you 'know' you arent getting invaded i would say it would be even better to smite the instant blue is pulled so it can come around sooner for red again.


On fast junglers with fast first clears (Olaf for example, but also Shyv, Mundo, etc) you can do wolves>blue>wraiths>golems and then your smite will still be on a ~20s cd if you use it on blue.


However on said fast junglers you Wolves->Blue->Wraiths->Wolves->Red Smite comes up literally the second you want to use it.

If you start wolves they respawn as you get to them as well. The timings so perfect.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
April 03 2012 13:31 GMT
#3532
Eh, you might wait 5 seconds, but then you will lose a lot less hp on red buff and your team doesn't need to stay and lose cs to help you blue without smite. It means you can jungle with just boots for basically as long as you want. The issue is getting your red stolen when you come back to do wolves, that's why I use the 5 seconds to check red buff to see if he did what two_down is doing, that is hoping to catch someone either doing red without smite or not doing red and stealing it.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 03 2012 13:35 GMT
#3533
K guys I need help. I'm stumped.

How should I build jungle ad malz? I went wriggles/wits/phage last game, but I think I want more ad than that. Only ghostblade doesnt work cuz of the whole ranged thing, triforce might be a bit to expensive (and Im not sure how well I could use the phage proc).

Any ideas?
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
April 03 2012 13:36 GMT
#3534
Get a brutalizer for the CDR and then a hexdrinker or something?
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
April 03 2012 13:39 GMT
#3535
On April 03 2012 22:35 Two_DoWn wrote:
K guys I need help. I'm stumped.

How should I build jungle ad malz? I went wriggles/wits/phage last game, but I think I want more ad than that. Only ghostblade doesnt work cuz of the whole ranged thing, triforce might be a bit to expensive (and Im not sure how well I could use the phage proc).

Any ideas?


There aren't really a lot of options for AD under 2k gold per item. Cutlass is an ok one I suppose, same goes for Hexdrinker or Manamune. Tiamat also gives 50 AD btw, but I don't know if that works with ad malz.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
April 03 2012 13:43 GMT
#3536
On April 03 2012 22:35 Two_DoWn wrote:
K guys I need help. I'm stumped.

How should I build jungle ad malz? I went wriggles/wits/phage last game, but I think I want more ad than that. Only ghostblade doesnt work cuz of the whole ranged thing, triforce might be a bit to expensive (and Im not sure how well I could use the phage proc).

Any ideas?


This is your next jungle tf/ez isn't it...
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 13:50:50
April 03 2012 13:50 GMT
#3537
On April 03 2012 22:35 Two_DoWn wrote:
K guys I need help. I'm stumped.

How should I build jungle ad malz? I went wriggles/wits/phage last game, but I think I want more ad than that. Only ghostblade doesnt work cuz of the whole ranged thing, triforce might be a bit to expensive (and Im not sure how well I could use the phage proc).

Any ideas?

Cdr/tanky imo, minions kill errything. I've been wanting to do it, just not sure how to gank.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 03 2012 13:53 GMT
#3538
On April 03 2012 22:43 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 22:35 Two_DoWn wrote:
K guys I need help. I'm stumped.

How should I build jungle ad malz? I went wriggles/wits/phage last game, but I think I want more ad than that. Only ghostblade doesnt work cuz of the whole ranged thing, triforce might be a bit to expensive (and Im not sure how well I could use the phage proc).

Any ideas?


This is your next jungle tf/ez isn't it...

Only this actually jungles fast. And the ganks are really good. Who needs ap when your w still hits like a truck.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Chiharu Harukaze
Profile Joined September 2011
12112 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 14:01:13
April 03 2012 14:00 GMT
#3539
On April 03 2012 22:53 Two_DoWn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 22:43 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On April 03 2012 22:35 Two_DoWn wrote:
K guys I need help. I'm stumped.

How should I build jungle ad malz? I went wriggles/wits/phage last game, but I think I want more ad than that. Only ghostblade doesnt work cuz of the whole ranged thing, triforce might be a bit to expensive (and Im not sure how well I could use the phage proc).

Any ideas?


This is your next jungle tf/ez isn't it...

Only this actually jungles fast. And the ganks are really good. Who needs ap when your w still hits like a truck.

In the middle of the game, suddenly do an item switch to AP. It's like the TvZ Bio-Mech switch in Brood War, where you hit a timing where everyone is being denied the crucial third gas from bio mobility and you abuse the timing window for transition during Hive tech building armour and thinking you're troll and then suddenly your pool melts people along with everything else.

Or just go BT because your Voidlings have 1.0 AD ratio and you can charge up stacks fast on creep waves with E, idk. And lots of CDR for voidling spam, idk.
It's like, "Is the Federation's Mobile Suit some kind of monster?"
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
April 03 2012 14:01 GMT
#3540
How about jungle Malz with 2 dorans then phage and atma? I don't think Wriggle is a must on him since you can clear jungle quite fast with your minion and W/Q/E.

Anyway I have a question of my own. I want to pick up Nautilus for my new jungler, really bored of jungle WW/Shyvana/Urdyr so I want to try him. From what I see hes quite good at gank. How is his clearing speed and what talent/runes should I go with him.
Terran
Prev 1 175 176 177 178 179 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings163
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko358
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4214
Jaedong 2437
actioN 1087
EffOrt 728
Soma 568
Horang2 546
Killer 438
BeSt 388
Leta 329
Stork 224
[ Show more ]
Mini 216
Pusan 167
Rush 147
Zeus 140
Light 123
Barracks 111
Snow 80
JYJ 77
ggaemo 75
Larva 69
Mong 45
HiyA 44
ToSsGirL 36
hero 35
Bale 29
Shinee 25
sorry 24
Sharp 21
zelot 16
Sexy 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5939
Dendi601
XaKoH 375
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_52
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3245
Other Games
gofns44545
singsing1561
olofmeister1247
byalli550
B2W.Neo337
Livibee191
OGKoka 98
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV351
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• FirePhoenix0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV235
League of Legends
• Jankos1620
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 43m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 43m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.