• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:52
CEST 19:52
KST 02:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10618 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 172

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 170 171 172 173 174 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 22:39:26
April 02 2012 22:38 GMT
#3421
Cass was legitimately bad when she was released. She's one of the few champions I remember having trouble rolling the old, mentally deficient bots with.

Edit: I miss my Dragoon. Also I made a 1k post blog thing (see sig).
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
April 02 2012 22:41 GMT
#3422
On April 03 2012 07:38 Seuss wrote:
Cass was legitimately bad when she was released. She's one of the few champions I remember having trouble rolling the old, mentally deficient bots with.

Edit: I miss my Dragoon. Also I made a 1k post blog thing (see sig).


Ehhh I bought her on release and instantly fell in love with her. She was good, maybe slightly weak on release, and her cast animation buffs definitely helped fix that.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 22:42:43
April 02 2012 22:42 GMT
#3423
On April 03 2012 07:38 Seuss wrote:
Cass was legitimately bad when she was released. She's one of the few champions I remember having trouble rolling the old, mentally deficient bots with.
.


God I hope that's some sort of exaggeration.. Those bots should never even get near being difficult to roll through with any champion.
Mondieu
Profile Joined November 2011
Romania803 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 22:46:52
April 02 2012 22:45 GMT
#3424
Did anyone feel like in the Luna vs AL games Maluno was really off ? He used flash to get away from fights but ended up dieing for a couple of extra autoattacks or just some random DoT. I mean as a 1800 rated I just let myself die if I am not very certain I can disengage a fight w/o wasting flash.

edit: cassiOPea is way too powerfull imo; cannot trade with her ever; banned for life
p.s: i don't main mid, but cass wrecked me on orianna.
gbooo
Profile Joined March 2012
39 Posts
April 02 2012 22:46 GMT
#3425
March 2012 Broadcaster Viewership Rating

Top 10 League of Legends Broadcasters
Rank* Broadcaster Channel Provider Rating
2 SoloMid TSM Dyrus own3D.tv 4.634
3 clgame Guardsman Bob own3D.tv 2.286
6 SoloMid TSM TheOddOne own3D.tv 1.711
7 clgame CLG Wickd own3D.tv 1.547
8 clgame CLG saintvicious own3D.tv 1.532
10 SoloMid TSM TheRainMan own3D.tv 1.172
11 SoloMid Chaox own3D.tv 1.098
13 SoloMid Dan Dinh own3D.tv 0.946
19 clgame CLG HotshotGG own3D.tv 0.730
22 ocelote oceloteWorld own3D.tv 0.673


http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/rq2i6/36797_broadcasters_streamed_league_of_legends_in/

I would post this in the general but I'm not sure of an easy way to format the charts for easier reading.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
April 02 2012 22:53 GMT
#3426
On April 03 2012 07:42 ketchup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 07:38 Seuss wrote:
Cass was legitimately bad when she was released. She's one of the few champions I remember having trouble rolling the old, mentally deficient bots with.
.


God I hope that's some sort of exaggeration.. Those bots should never even get near being difficult to roll through with any champion.


Bear in mind she was released almost a year and a half ago. Back then I was many, many times more terrible at this game than I am now. That skill disparity likely exaggerates her weaknesses somewhat.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
dooraven
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2820 Posts
April 02 2012 23:08 GMT
#3427
Did anyone feel like in the Luna vs AL games Maluno was really off ? He used flash to get away from fights but ended up dieing for a couple of extra autoattacks or just some random DoT. I mean as a 1800 rated I just let myself die if I am not very certain I can disengage a fight w/o wasting flash.


I was actually watching the game via Malunoo's stream and Sleper was raging at Xinec so hard and therefore Malunoo tried to calm them down and kept messing up
Go go Alliance.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 23:23:10
April 02 2012 23:15 GMT
#3428
Nevermind, read that backwards.

Bots aren't a challenge on any champion. I hard random every time I do it and even on supports and champs like Amumu or Rammus I have no trouble winning. On an actual carry it's a joke; you can go 30-0 in 20 minutes easily. The changes to Cass since release are extremely minimal and would've had no affect on the ability to beat bots (.1 ratio increase on E and 50 damage increase on ult is all the damage buffs she has had ever and Q/E have both been nerfed).
twitch.tv/cratonz
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 23:27:19
April 02 2012 23:17 GMT
#3429
I was talking about playing Cass vs Bots, not playing vs Cass Bot.

Edit: You corrected yourself before I could correct you, curses!

I think it was the usability as much as anything else. Cass E and Ult before their mechanics were changed were significantly less user-friendly. But don't underestimate the power of .1 ratio on a ability you can spam once a second.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
courtpanda
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
866 Posts
April 02 2012 23:47 GMT
#3430
ive been thinking about when to get Atmogs (Atma's Impaler/Warmog's) and Fratmas (Atma's Impaler/Frozen Mallet)

(note: AD counts only the Atma's bonus from the item, not from the champion themself. i'm comparing the two items, when theyre built on the same champion, they would both get the same AD bonus)

Builds:
Atmogs: 920 (1270) health, 18.4 (25.4) AD, 5355 gold, Bonuses: 30 (40) HP5. (items in parentheses are at full stacks)
Fratmas: 700 health, 34 AD, 5605 gold, Bonuses: 40% slow for 2.5 seconds

item gold efficiencies
2.58 gold/health (2.58 gold can buy you 1 hp, based on giant's belt)
36.67 gold/AD (36.67 gold can buy you 1 point of AD, based on BF sword)
29 gold/HP5 (29 gold can buy you 1 HP5, based on regrowth pendant)

So subtracting the two values from the items, you get
220 (570) health, -15.6 (-8.6) AD, 30 (40) HP5, -250 gold

and then using the gold efficiencies
567.6 (1470) gold [health], -572 (-315.3) gold [AD], 870 (1160) gold [HP5]

At 0 stacks:

Atmogs is worth 865.6 gold more, for 250 gold less. The Frozen Mallet slow is worth 615.6 gold
At full stacks:
Atmogs is worth 2315 gold more, for 250 gold less. The Frozen Mallet slow is worth 2065 gold

when not counting the HP5 (its generally pretty irrelevant)
At 0 stacks:
Atmogs is worth -4.4 gold more, for 250 gold less. The Frozen Mallet slow is worth 245.6 gold
At full stacks:
Atmogs is worth 1155 gold more, for 250 gold less. The Frozen Mallet slow is worth 905 gold



so with all the theorycrafting done, when is it better to get Fratmas or Atmogs?

there are some champions where Warmogs is almost a requirement (Mundo), but for most bruisers (lee sin, shyvana, trundle, riven etc.), they get one or the other.

for those champions, which one is better?
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
April 02 2012 23:58 GMT
#3431
Personally, I get:
Fratma's on Lee Sin because it's just better for him in general.
Shyvana can get either one, depends on the game.
Trundle gets Atmog's because he already has a strong slow and chasing ability, and doesn't need the AA slow.
Riven, like shyvana, depends on the situation, but having the slow to keep them in combo range favors Fratma's.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
April 02 2012 23:59 GMT
#3432
It's heavily dependent on the champions kit (for instance, fmallet over warmogs any day of the week on shyvana). Also, I think a lot of bruisers these days are tending to get *neither* -- I know Riven never does it, and on a lot of champions builds like wriggles -> wits end -> phage provides a much smoother power curve.
whole lies with a half smile
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 00:03:39
April 03 2012 00:02 GMT
#3433
The choice isn't really based on gold values or efficiencies, but rather what you need when and how much gold you have to spend. Phage is really good on most of the champs that would get either mallet or warmogs and also has a nice balance of stats to go with the slow chance. Warmogs is really costly and delays your damage, but is also something you want to get early enough to get stacked. It's easy to sit on a Phage while you build other items (e.g. Randuins, Maw, Heart, etc.) because of all the things it provides. Giant's belt tends to not be as great for sitting on.

I tend away from Warmogs lately just because so many games are decided before the time when you'd finally get an Atmogs built up. You can build phage > defensive item(s) > atma's much more easily than you can do with warmogs due to just how long you damage would be delayed. I'd rather have a strong midgame of e.g. phage randuin's atma's mallet (which progresses pretty evenly as the game goes) compared to warmogs into atma's which has two large power jumps (and gaps prior to them).
twitch.tv/cratonz
DURRHURRDERP
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada929 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 00:03:16
April 03 2012 00:02 GMT
#3434
of the champions you listed all of them build frozen mallet except riven (who doesn't get either). having phage/frozen mallet >>>> warmogs on a jungler

ya by the time you get atmas the game is basically decided, plus getting FH/randuins as your armor component does a lot more to help ur team in fights whereas atmas adds basically nothing (if you go on some squishy without being kited they're dead in 1 combo anyway)
"I am an iconic role model for everyone aspiring to be better at League of Legends." - Roffles
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
April 03 2012 00:12 GMT
#3435
For what it's worth I think Malphite sucks vs bots. Maybe I should stop trying to go glass cannon AD with him but who the heck wants to build tank vs bots?
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 03 2012 00:20 GMT
#3436
On April 03 2012 09:12 phyvo wrote:
For what it's worth I think Malphite sucks vs bots. Maybe I should stop trying to go glass cannon AD with him but who the heck wants to build tank vs bots?

Sword of the Occult - Trinity Force - Atma's - PD

Carry botgames as AD-everything. Always works.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
April 03 2012 00:28 GMT
#3437
Tanky AP Malphite is also very strong. It's pretty easy to get a bot to <50% hp and then just combo it.
twitch.tv/cratonz
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
April 03 2012 00:39 GMT
#3438
On April 03 2012 07:42 ketchup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 07:38 Seuss wrote:
Cass was legitimately bad when she was released. She's one of the few champions I remember having trouble rolling the old, mentally deficient bots with.
.


God I hope that's some sort of exaggeration.. Those bots should never even get near being difficult to roll through with any champion.


I have played roughly 80 co-op vs AI with friends. Ranging from friends who are new to the game and so they don't wanna "play against real people" to my friends who are bad and feel they need a few co-op vs AI games to learn a new character. I have only lost one co-op vs AI ever. It was because I played 0 CS Soraka and just built support items. In that game we had two of my friends who were pretty new to the game and then two randoms who were just straight up awful. All of them had negative scores, I had the most kills on the team but for some stupid reason kept building shit like Shurelya's and Soulshroud. Really hard to carry a game even against bots when you have no damage and virtually no tankiness.

But still, that remains the only co-op vs AI I've ever lost. I've played shit like Sona or Taric in co-op vs AI, gotten farm, built damage items, and still can get like triple and quadra kills. It's just stupid easy.
Juddas
Profile Joined January 2011
768 Posts
April 03 2012 00:40 GMT
#3439
So how do you guys feel about Lich Bane Ezreal? I sort of am under the impression that he would better as an AP mid with Lich Bane rather than an AD bot carry. With smart positioning, I think that lich bane EZ would just be better and do more damage than AD EZ because his ratios are so high and his passive still synergizes so well with Auto attacking.

Am I completely wrong about this? I don't own him (yet) so this is all theorycrafting, but because of his crazy blink mobility and his super high ratios on his W and R, I think he would just be better as a sort of pokey champ that likes to stay in the back as long as possible like Kog. And then because he can actually do some damage with his ult he can clean up after teamfights like no other.

So for builds I would assume something like Sheen into some AP item like maybe RoA or Crystal, then Deathcap, then Lich Bane and then whatever fits in well. So thoughts on this?

And also how would this compare to the standard Lich Bane TF?
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
April 03 2012 00:44 GMT
#3440
If you play him AP mid, then you get Lich.

Lich without AP items is garbage.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Prev 1 170 171 172 173 174 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 732
IntoTheiNu 588
SteadfastSC449
Rex89
CosmosSc2 67
EnkiAlexander 57
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 455
UpATreeSC 145
Rex 88
CosmosSc2 67
BRAT_OK 57
JuggernautJason21
MindelVK 19
Codebar 8
PtitDrogo 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39597
Soma 1005
Jaedong 994
Mini 662
Hyuk 534
BeSt 411
Larva 409
Rush 365
ZerO 290
Soulkey 233
[ Show more ]
Snow 167
Dewaltoss 109
hero 84
Liquid`Ret 62
Mind 44
Killer 24
sorry 24
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 23
yabsab 20
Trap 14
Terrorterran 14
Dota 2
qojqva1066
Dendi875
Counter-Strike
fl0m967
Fnx 726
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4057
crisheroes2324
Khaldor1776
Liquid`Hasu526
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1489
ceh9530
B2W.Neo499
byalli459
KnowMe134
QueenE93
Chillindude67
C9.Mang067
Trikslyr42
Railgan22
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• Adnapsc2 9
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4107
League of Legends
• TFBlade1103
Other Games
• imaqtpie925
• Shiphtur347
• WagamamaTV268
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 9m
OSC
19h 9m
Stellar Fest
19h 9m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.