• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:09
CEST 18:09
KST 01:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8226 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 170

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 168 169 170 171 172 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
April 02 2012 20:23 GMT
#3381
On April 03 2012 05:20 Two_DoWn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:58 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:31 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle doesnt really want it most of the time because there are better buy options for one of the nosr gold starved roles.

You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too

Support jungles. Like maokai.
Its perfectly reasonable to have a frozen heart or shurelias by the time the AD gets their bf item with good farm, and definitly by the time they get bf item+zeal.

So you're fine with Frozen Heart, but Aegis is a stupid item because auras are bad?


And for the 1086th time: Aegis is OP, buy it.
FH is an aura item too, therefor also OP. Buy it afterwards.
AURAS ARE OP YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. BUY THEM ALL

FH is VERY different from Aegis. You cant compare them 1:1 just because they both have auras. Thats like saying Exe calling is the same as a wriggles because they both have lifesteal.

And I didnt say Aegis was bad. I said severall times it was good. I just would rather have a FH. Or a Shurelias. Or a Wits End. Or a FM. Or any other item that my role could use. That isnt to say that one should NEVER get aegis, because realistically everyone can and it is never a bad move to do so. The problem that I have is that most of the time jungles get to be MORE effective by buying items that arent aegis. Shyvana is better with wriggles phage wits than with aegis. Maokai is better with shurelias hog FH than with aegis. Does aegis work in those builds? Sure. But I would argue that individually the champ is better off without it than with it. It just becomes a question of wether or not you want to sacrifice a little bit of their power in order to make the rest of the team better, which most of the time I dont think is a good play. But sometimes it is. Its just game dependent.

And eventually you MIGHT start to actually read my posts before spouting complete bullshit just because you feel the need to attack me personally. Aegis isnt stupid because it has an aura. AURAS are stupid as a game mechanic. Aegis is a great item in the game. Doesnt change the fact that in terms of design it is a terrible item.

Aegis is for teamplayers, that is all. In arranged 5s, aegis will be better than any of those items assuming you teamfight etc. In soloqueue it doesn't really matter if your allies are a bit tankier because you have no idea wether they smart or dumb.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
April 02 2012 20:28 GMT
#3382
On April 03 2012 05:02 Two_DoWn wrote:
The big thing with renek was just people realizing his late game doesnt suck nearly as bad as people think it does. Everyone knew his early game was great. His late game is VERY underrated, simply because most people think he is dead weight.


Renekton dropped off the face of the game six or nine months ago and since then practically every other top lane champion worth mentioning has been nerfed at least once, if not multiple times. People aren't changing their opinions of him, they're just remembering he even exists.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 20:39:33
April 02 2012 20:36 GMT
#3383
Renekton's rise in play has to do more with the nerfs to his counters and the buffing of BT/Hex than anything. GP SHIT on Renekton and was a 24/7 pick for a long time until the nerfs and that alone was responsible for a lot of how much he dropped in play. That said, croc was a rare pick even before GP surged. I abused croc as my top laner of choice until it stopped being feasible to pick him early. I recall Irelia rapidly getting to the point where Renekton couldn't trade with her back at that time (iono if still the case) and she was another really high pick.
twitch.tv/cratonz
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
April 02 2012 20:48 GMT
#3384
Hmm kind of like how Ezreal got "buffed" because almost every AD carries got nerfed.
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
April 02 2012 20:50 GMT
#3385
On April 03 2012 05:48 BlackMagister wrote:
Hmm kind of like how Ezreal got "buffed" because almost every AD carries got nerfed.

isn't that also how cass came to power
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 20:51:42
April 02 2012 20:50 GMT
#3386
On April 03 2012 05:20 Two_DoWn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:58 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:31 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle doesnt really want it most of the time because there are better buy options for one of the nosr gold starved roles.

You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too

Support jungles. Like maokai.
Its perfectly reasonable to have a frozen heart or shurelias by the time the AD gets their bf item with good farm, and definitly by the time they get bf item+zeal.

So you're fine with Frozen Heart, but Aegis is a stupid item because auras are bad?


And for the 1086th time: Aegis is OP, buy it.
FH is an aura item too, therefor also OP. Buy it afterwards.
AURAS ARE OP YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. BUY THEM ALL

FH is VERY different from Aegis. You cant compare them 1:1 just because they both have auras. Thats like saying Exe calling is the same as a wriggles because they both have lifesteal.

And I didnt say Aegis was bad. I said severall times it was good. I just would rather have a FH. Or a Shurelias. Or a Wits End. Or a FM. Or any other item that my role could use. That isnt to say that one should NEVER get aegis, because realistically everyone can and it is never a bad move to do so. The problem that I have is that most of the time jungles get to be MORE effective by buying items that arent aegis. Shyvana is better with wriggles phage wits than with aegis. Maokai is better with shurelias hog FH than with aegis. Does aegis work in those builds? Sure. But I would argue that individually the champ is better off without it than with it. It just becomes a question of wether or not you want to sacrifice a little bit of their power in order to make the rest of the team better, which most of the time I dont think is a good play. But sometimes it is. Its just game dependent.

And eventually you MIGHT start to actually read my posts before spouting complete bullshit just because you feel the need to attack me personally. Aegis isnt stupid because it has an aura. AURAS are stupid as a game mechanic. Aegis is a great item in the game. Doesnt change the fact that in terms of design it is a terrible item.

Yeah I keep hoping you might one day read the posts you answer too but so far to no avail...
Only the first sentence of the last post was directed at you, but I think I can see how you think I was trying to insult you, writing obviously non-serious stuff in capslock and all. I'm really sorry.
I've seen the error of my ways and will just ignore your posts from now on, feel free to do the same.


On April 03 2012 05:50 Frolossus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 05:48 BlackMagister wrote:
Hmm kind of like how Ezreal got "buffed" because almost every AD carries got nerfed.

isn't that also how cass came to power

Nah, Cass was always strong, she just got FtoM and then of course nerfed because of Oce (damn youuuuuuu)
A backwards poet writes inverse.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
April 02 2012 20:52 GMT
#3387
On April 03 2012 04:52 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 04:13 Erasme wrote:
I don't understand why one whould smartcast.


Play ryze for one game and you'll see why. Any need to quickly cast spells in succession demands smartcasting.

Not just ryze, it makes for split second reaction time while kiting. Smart casting has saved me numerous times, especially when getting tower doven, and you need to land a stun/snare quickly, while running away.
liftlift > tsm
BlueSpace
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany2182 Posts
April 02 2012 20:57 GMT
#3388
On April 03 2012 05:23 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 05:20 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:58 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:31 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle doesnt really want it most of the time because there are better buy options for one of the nosr gold starved roles.

You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too

Support jungles. Like maokai.
Its perfectly reasonable to have a frozen heart or shurelias by the time the AD gets their bf item with good farm, and definitly by the time they get bf item+zeal.

So you're fine with Frozen Heart, but Aegis is a stupid item because auras are bad?


And for the 1086th time: Aegis is OP, buy it.
FH is an aura item too, therefor also OP. Buy it afterwards.
AURAS ARE OP YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. BUY THEM ALL

FH is VERY different from Aegis. You cant compare them 1:1 just because they both have auras. Thats like saying Exe calling is the same as a wriggles because they both have lifesteal.

And I didnt say Aegis was bad. I said severall times it was good. I just would rather have a FH. Or a Shurelias. Or a Wits End. Or a FM. Or any other item that my role could use. That isnt to say that one should NEVER get aegis, because realistically everyone can and it is never a bad move to do so. The problem that I have is that most of the time jungles get to be MORE effective by buying items that arent aegis. Shyvana is better with wriggles phage wits than with aegis. Maokai is better with shurelias hog FH than with aegis. Does aegis work in those builds? Sure. But I would argue that individually the champ is better off without it than with it. It just becomes a question of wether or not you want to sacrifice a little bit of their power in order to make the rest of the team better, which most of the time I dont think is a good play. But sometimes it is. Its just game dependent.

And eventually you MIGHT start to actually read my posts before spouting complete bullshit just because you feel the need to attack me personally. Aegis isnt stupid because it has an aura. AURAS are stupid as a game mechanic. Aegis is a great item in the game. Doesnt change the fact that in terms of design it is a terrible item.

Aegis is for teamplayers, that is all. In arranged 5s, aegis will be better than any of those items assuming you teamfight etc. In soloqueue it doesn't really matter if your allies are a bit tankier because you have no idea wether they smart or dumb.

I think he has a point though because many junglers really like the glacial and the FH is just cheaper to get when you already have the glacial than the Aegis.
Probe1: "Because people are opinionated and love to share their thoughts. Then they read someone else agree with them and get their opinion confused with fact."
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
April 02 2012 20:58 GMT
#3389
On April 03 2012 05:13 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:58 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:31 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle doesnt really want it most of the time because there are better buy options for one of the nosr gold starved roles.

You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too

Support jungles. Like maokai.
Its perfectly reasonable to have a frozen heart or shurelias by the time the AD gets their bf item with good farm, and definitly by the time they get bf item+zeal.

So you're fine with Frozen Heart, but Aegis is a stupid item because auras are bad?


And for the 1086th time: Aegis is OP, buy it.
FH is an aura item too, therefor also OP. Buy it afterwards.
AURAS ARE OP YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. BUY THEM ALL

If you can actually afford a frozen heart on a support, a randuins is way better to protect your carry.


I don't agree, imo randuins is for bruisers/tanks that don't want to get kited by the carry. Look at the warden mail proc and what it's useful for. You build randuins and now they can't run away from you, you build frozen heart and now they can't damage you, different uses.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 21:02:13
April 02 2012 21:01 GMT
#3390
On April 03 2012 05:57 BlueSpace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 05:23 JackDino wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:20 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:58 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:31 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle doesnt really want it most of the time because there are better buy options for one of the nosr gold starved roles.

You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too

Support jungles. Like maokai.
Its perfectly reasonable to have a frozen heart or shurelias by the time the AD gets their bf item with good farm, and definitly by the time they get bf item+zeal.

So you're fine with Frozen Heart, but Aegis is a stupid item because auras are bad?


And for the 1086th time: Aegis is OP, buy it.
FH is an aura item too, therefor also OP. Buy it afterwards.
AURAS ARE OP YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. BUY THEM ALL

FH is VERY different from Aegis. You cant compare them 1:1 just because they both have auras. Thats like saying Exe calling is the same as a wriggles because they both have lifesteal.

And I didnt say Aegis was bad. I said severall times it was good. I just would rather have a FH. Or a Shurelias. Or a Wits End. Or a FM. Or any other item that my role could use. That isnt to say that one should NEVER get aegis, because realistically everyone can and it is never a bad move to do so. The problem that I have is that most of the time jungles get to be MORE effective by buying items that arent aegis. Shyvana is better with wriggles phage wits than with aegis. Maokai is better with shurelias hog FH than with aegis. Does aegis work in those builds? Sure. But I would argue that individually the champ is better off without it than with it. It just becomes a question of wether or not you want to sacrifice a little bit of their power in order to make the rest of the team better, which most of the time I dont think is a good play. But sometimes it is. Its just game dependent.

And eventually you MIGHT start to actually read my posts before spouting complete bullshit just because you feel the need to attack me personally. Aegis isnt stupid because it has an aura. AURAS are stupid as a game mechanic. Aegis is a great item in the game. Doesnt change the fact that in terms of design it is a terrible item.

Aegis is for teamplayers, that is all. In arranged 5s, aegis will be better than any of those items assuming you teamfight etc. In soloqueue it doesn't really matter if your allies are a bit tankier because you have no idea wether they smart or dumb.

I think he has a point though because many junglers really like the glacial and the FH is just cheaper to get when you already have the glacial than the Aegis.

I somewhat agree, it's just that in arranged 5s I'd rather have an aegis because you can rely on your team.
On April 03 2012 05:58 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 05:13 JackDino wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:58 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:31 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle doesnt really want it most of the time because there are better buy options for one of the nosr gold starved roles.

You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too

Support jungles. Like maokai.
Its perfectly reasonable to have a frozen heart or shurelias by the time the AD gets their bf item with good farm, and definitly by the time they get bf item+zeal.

So you're fine with Frozen Heart, but Aegis is a stupid item because auras are bad?


And for the 1086th time: Aegis is OP, buy it.
FH is an aura item too, therefor also OP. Buy it afterwards.
AURAS ARE OP YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. BUY THEM ALL

If you can actually afford a frozen heart on a support, a randuins is way better to protect your carry.


I don't agree, imo randuins is for bruisers/tanks that don't want to get kited by the carry. Look at the warden mail proc and what it's useful for. You build randuins and now they can't run away from you, you build frozen heart and now they can't damage you, different uses.

Randuins gives a 35% attackspeed/movespeed slow for 2seconds, I'd take that any day over 20% slower attackspeed when protecting my carries, lets them get away from bruisers.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
April 02 2012 21:05 GMT
#3391
On April 03 2012 05:50 Frolossus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 05:48 BlackMagister wrote:
Hmm kind of like how Ezreal got "buffed" because almost every AD carries got nerfed.

isn't that also how cass came to power


iirc, cassio was the "she's really strong in lane but nothing else" (the LB argument). Then people realized that winning lanes = winning games.

Somewhere along the way people realized she has insane late game damage and an ult that single handedly wins games, too.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 02 2012 21:05 GMT
#3392
On April 03 2012 06:01 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 05:57 BlueSpace wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:23 JackDino wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:20 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:58 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:31 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle doesnt really want it most of the time because there are better buy options for one of the nosr gold starved roles.

You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too

Support jungles. Like maokai.
Its perfectly reasonable to have a frozen heart or shurelias by the time the AD gets their bf item with good farm, and definitly by the time they get bf item+zeal.

So you're fine with Frozen Heart, but Aegis is a stupid item because auras are bad?


And for the 1086th time: Aegis is OP, buy it.
FH is an aura item too, therefor also OP. Buy it afterwards.
AURAS ARE OP YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. BUY THEM ALL

FH is VERY different from Aegis. You cant compare them 1:1 just because they both have auras. Thats like saying Exe calling is the same as a wriggles because they both have lifesteal.

And I didnt say Aegis was bad. I said severall times it was good. I just would rather have a FH. Or a Shurelias. Or a Wits End. Or a FM. Or any other item that my role could use. That isnt to say that one should NEVER get aegis, because realistically everyone can and it is never a bad move to do so. The problem that I have is that most of the time jungles get to be MORE effective by buying items that arent aegis. Shyvana is better with wriggles phage wits than with aegis. Maokai is better with shurelias hog FH than with aegis. Does aegis work in those builds? Sure. But I would argue that individually the champ is better off without it than with it. It just becomes a question of wether or not you want to sacrifice a little bit of their power in order to make the rest of the team better, which most of the time I dont think is a good play. But sometimes it is. Its just game dependent.

And eventually you MIGHT start to actually read my posts before spouting complete bullshit just because you feel the need to attack me personally. Aegis isnt stupid because it has an aura. AURAS are stupid as a game mechanic. Aegis is a great item in the game. Doesnt change the fact that in terms of design it is a terrible item.

Aegis is for teamplayers, that is all. In arranged 5s, aegis will be better than any of those items assuming you teamfight etc. In soloqueue it doesn't really matter if your allies are a bit tankier because you have no idea wether they smart or dumb.

I think he has a point though because many junglers really like the glacial and the FH is just cheaper to get when you already have the glacial than the Aegis.

I somewhat agree, it's just that in arranged 5s I'd rather have an aegis because you can rely on your team.
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 05:58 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:13 JackDino wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:58 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:31 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle doesnt really want it most of the time because there are better buy options for one of the nosr gold starved roles.

You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too

Support jungles. Like maokai.
Its perfectly reasonable to have a frozen heart or shurelias by the time the AD gets their bf item with good farm, and definitly by the time they get bf item+zeal.

So you're fine with Frozen Heart, but Aegis is a stupid item because auras are bad?


And for the 1086th time: Aegis is OP, buy it.
FH is an aura item too, therefor also OP. Buy it afterwards.
AURAS ARE OP YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. BUY THEM ALL

If you can actually afford a frozen heart on a support, a randuins is way better to protect your carry.


I don't agree, imo randuins is for bruisers/tanks that don't want to get kited by the carry. Look at the warden mail proc and what it's useful for. You build randuins and now they can't run away from you, you build frozen heart and now they can't damage you, different uses.

Randuins gives a 35% attackspeed/movespeed slow for 2seconds, I'd take that any day over 20% slower attackspeed when protecting my carries, lets them get away from bruisers.

Are we still/again talking supports?
Cause on supports Randuins is very unreliable, you will almost never be in range to do the active, and if the enemy AD does not have acute stupidity, he will not focus the support before the other squishies
A backwards poet writes inverse.
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 21:08:33
April 02 2012 21:07 GMT
#3393
On April 03 2012 06:05 Dandel Ion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 06:01 JackDino wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:57 BlueSpace wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:23 JackDino wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:20 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:58 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
[quote]
You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too

Support jungles. Like maokai.
Its perfectly reasonable to have a frozen heart or shurelias by the time the AD gets their bf item with good farm, and definitly by the time they get bf item+zeal.

So you're fine with Frozen Heart, but Aegis is a stupid item because auras are bad?


And for the 1086th time: Aegis is OP, buy it.
FH is an aura item too, therefor also OP. Buy it afterwards.
AURAS ARE OP YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. BUY THEM ALL

FH is VERY different from Aegis. You cant compare them 1:1 just because they both have auras. Thats like saying Exe calling is the same as a wriggles because they both have lifesteal.

And I didnt say Aegis was bad. I said severall times it was good. I just would rather have a FH. Or a Shurelias. Or a Wits End. Or a FM. Or any other item that my role could use. That isnt to say that one should NEVER get aegis, because realistically everyone can and it is never a bad move to do so. The problem that I have is that most of the time jungles get to be MORE effective by buying items that arent aegis. Shyvana is better with wriggles phage wits than with aegis. Maokai is better with shurelias hog FH than with aegis. Does aegis work in those builds? Sure. But I would argue that individually the champ is better off without it than with it. It just becomes a question of wether or not you want to sacrifice a little bit of their power in order to make the rest of the team better, which most of the time I dont think is a good play. But sometimes it is. Its just game dependent.

And eventually you MIGHT start to actually read my posts before spouting complete bullshit just because you feel the need to attack me personally. Aegis isnt stupid because it has an aura. AURAS are stupid as a game mechanic. Aegis is a great item in the game. Doesnt change the fact that in terms of design it is a terrible item.

Aegis is for teamplayers, that is all. In arranged 5s, aegis will be better than any of those items assuming you teamfight etc. In soloqueue it doesn't really matter if your allies are a bit tankier because you have no idea wether they smart or dumb.

I think he has a point though because many junglers really like the glacial and the FH is just cheaper to get when you already have the glacial than the Aegis.

I somewhat agree, it's just that in arranged 5s I'd rather have an aegis because you can rely on your team.
On April 03 2012 05:58 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:13 JackDino wrote:
On April 03 2012 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:58 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 04:37 UniversalSnip wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:31 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle doesnt really want it most of the time because there are better buy options for one of the nosr gold starved roles.

You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too

Support jungles. Like maokai.
Its perfectly reasonable to have a frozen heart or shurelias by the time the AD gets their bf item with good farm, and definitly by the time they get bf item+zeal.

So you're fine with Frozen Heart, but Aegis is a stupid item because auras are bad?


And for the 1086th time: Aegis is OP, buy it.
FH is an aura item too, therefor also OP. Buy it afterwards.
AURAS ARE OP YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. BUY THEM ALL

If you can actually afford a frozen heart on a support, a randuins is way better to protect your carry.


I don't agree, imo randuins is for bruisers/tanks that don't want to get kited by the carry. Look at the warden mail proc and what it's useful for. You build randuins and now they can't run away from you, you build frozen heart and now they can't damage you, different uses.

Randuins gives a 35% attackspeed/movespeed slow for 2seconds, I'd take that any day over 20% slower attackspeed when protecting my carries, lets them get away from bruisers.

Are we still/again talking supports?
Cause on supports Randuins is very unreliable, you will almost never be in range to do the active, and if the enemy AD does not have acute stupidity, he will not focus the support before the other squishies

I'm pretty sure I stated that it's for protecting your own carry, if you're close to your carry and a bruiser charges them you just slow them for 2 seconds. If you play properly you should always be in range for the active.
Realistically though you shouldn't get either since 3k gold for 1 item takes a long long time on supports whereas there are a lot good cheaper items.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
April 02 2012 21:08 GMT
#3394
Depends on the support. Leona/Alistar make very good use of it.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 02 2012 21:12 GMT
#3395
On April 03 2012 06:08 Craton wrote:
Depends on the support. Leona/Alistar make very good use of it.

Hm, true.
Even though I'm not convinced it's a better choice than Locket. I'm not even a fan of Locket, but it just seems more universally useful.
Situational I guess~
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 02 2012 21:12 GMT
#3396
1. I thought the discussion was about supporty-junglers, not bot lane supports
2. This thread is terrible and I'm out, peace.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
April 02 2012 21:15 GMT
#3397
I'm pretty sure randuin's is better suited to top/junglers who can afford to buy a HoG, especially junglers. But I'm a fan of buying HoG as it's health(quite useful on most junglers) and money(also in short supply most of the time).
Porouscloud - NA LoL
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 21:16:58
April 02 2012 21:16 GMT
#3398
You are spending a substantial amount of money on the warden's mail proc with randuins, hence if you are not going to get any warden mail procs on relevant people you should just buy something else. Straight up. It's an aggressive item, it's mediocre for peeling.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Woony
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany6657 Posts
April 02 2012 21:16 GMT
#3399
http://clgaming.net/live/2399

Luna playing jungle Twitch and winning vs. AL. rofl.
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
April 02 2012 21:24 GMT
#3400
Kerp playing in a tournament, but shikyo isnt haunting Gd? What the?
Prev 1 168 169 170 171 172 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 642
ComeBackTV 559
SteadfastSC427
Rex103
CosmosSc2 49
EnkiAlexander 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 427
ProTech147
Rex 103
CosmosSc2 49
UpATreeSC 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44074
Jaedong 1332
Hyuk 1200
Mini 648
Soma 506
Horang2 484
BeSt 479
Soulkey 317
Larva 306
Rush 290
[ Show more ]
ZerO 267
Last 205
Snow 200
hero 81
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 56
Free 36
Killer 35
sorry 33
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 22
yabsab 21
HiyA 18
Shine 18
Trap 16
Dota 2
Gorgc7888
qojqva1420
Dendi904
Counter-Strike
Fnx 859
x6flipin778
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2558
Khaldor1972
Liquid`Hasu9
Other Games
ArmadaUGS3136
singsing1841
B2W.Neo990
hiko809
byalli454
KnowMe141
Liquid`VortiX117
QueenE95
Mew2King53
Trikslyr32
Railgan16
ZerO(Twitch)12
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• mYiSmile123
• Adnapsc2 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2897
League of Legends
• Nemesis1946
• Jankos1077
• TFBlade745
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 51m
OSC
20h 51m
Stellar Fest
20h 51m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.