• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:29
CEST 21:29
KST 04:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9208 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 168

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 02 2012 17:40 GMT
#3341
Was thinking of buying Graves but may hold off and try him out free again this week, yay. Probably going to buy Mundo and save the rest.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
April 02 2012 17:41 GMT
#3342
On April 03 2012 02:39 emucxg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 02:32 Ferrose wrote:
The new free week is posted on the Korean LoL site:

http://leagueoflegends.co.kr/News/update_view.php?idx=43459

+ Show Spoiler +
Leona
Singed
Ashe
Wukong
Zilean
Karthus
Trundle
Tryndamere
Graves
Ziggs


This is a pretty good free week imo. For once it isn't just the same 10-15 champions.

its already live, for a day lol


Not on the NA server. It's still Monday.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
April 02 2012 17:42 GMT
#3343
Free Trynd Wukong and Singed the same week bunny Riven is released. Going to be some epic top lanes.

Also support Zilean and Leona all week. Awww yea.

But in all seriousness that's a very solid lineup.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 17:43:33
April 02 2012 17:43 GMT
#3344
On April 03 2012 02:40 wussleeQ wrote:
no lulu yet? D:


I'm thinking it'll be next week. Judging by how Lulu took three weeks, and the next champion will take three weeks, maybe Rioto Games is transitioning to three week champion release cycles.

Or maybe they are just delaying new champs because they're too busy working on LoL 3D.

Edit: When were Trundle and Karthus last free? Never?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 17:47:21
April 02 2012 17:44 GMT
#3345
I got Graves. He's pretty much the only ranged AD I play on my main when I have to AD in ranked (I'm very good at dodging playing AD). He's just really easy to play with a pretty large margin of error.

New champions are always free when the next new champion is released.

On April 03 2012 02:43 Ferrose wrote:
Edit: When were Trundle and Karthus last free? Never?

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Free_champion_rotation
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion_Rotation_Schedule_(Season_Two)
twitch.tv/cratonz
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
April 02 2012 17:46 GMT
#3346
On April 03 2012 02:40 wussleeQ wrote:
no lulu yet? D:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 02:39 emucxg wrote:
On April 03 2012 02:32 Ferrose wrote:
The new free week is posted on the Korean LoL site:

http://leagueoflegends.co.kr/News/update_view.php?idx=43459

+ Show Spoiler +
Leona
Singed
Ashe
Wukong
Zilean
Karthus
Trundle
Tryndamere
Graves
Ziggs


This is a pretty good free week imo. For once it isn't just the same 10-15 champions.

its already live, for a day lol

not live in na atm o.o

ok, it was in EU =/
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 17:52:15
April 02 2012 17:51 GMT
#3347
On April 03 2012 02:44 Craton wrote:
I got Graves. He's pretty much the only ranged AD I play on my main when I have to AD in ranked (I'm very good at dodging playing AD). He's just really easy to play with a pretty large margin of error.

New champions are always free when the next new champion is released.

Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 02:43 Ferrose wrote:
Edit: When were Trundle and Karthus last free? Never?

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Free_champion_rotation
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion_Rotation_Schedule_(Season_Two)


Karthus last free: August 30, 2011
Trundle last free: August 2, 2011

So they haven't been free since season one >.>

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion_Rotation_Schedule_(Season_One)
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
April 02 2012 17:59 GMT
#3348
On April 03 2012 02:22 Dandel Ion wrote:
Yes, you can carry yourself out of low elo with support too.
Especially since the other support is probably just their lastpick that never really played support, doesn't know how to lane, ward etc.

I personally enjoy duoing with a friend who's a decent AD but consequently drops in elo when playing other roles. Stomp their botlane every game, carry everything.
It's a good feeling to be able to 1v1 their mid as soraka.

Ofc you're screwed if your AD doesn't know how to play at all, but that's life


yup, I had like a 90% win rate with Soraka for a solid three four months.

Down to like 60~ though. Turns out I'm not that good at Support... just good enough to lead derp low level players to victory. babysitting OP.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
April 02 2012 18:00 GMT
#3349
Yay, free Wukong. Smash made me want to try him. Also Leona. Alistar made me want to try those supports.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
April 02 2012 18:03 GMT
#3350
I am gunna try out Support Leona this week ^_^! Yay new stuff for me to does.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
BlueSpace
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany2182 Posts
April 02 2012 18:18 GMT
#3351
On April 03 2012 01:35 spinesheath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 01:26 BlueSpace wrote:
Aura items should go on supports. Supports don't have money because they need to buy wards and don't get farm. Also you need to build HoG/Philo to be able to ward later without taking creeps, that imo is the reason why everything that doesn't build from these items is underused. An Aegis is nice, but effectively it's much more expensive than a Shur. Assume you finished Philo you need an additional 1350g to complete Shur while it takes you 1925g to buy Aegis. Also please keep in mind that supports get less money so 600g is actually a much bigger deal than for the other "farming" roles.
One way to change that would be to have jungle/top/mid/ad buy wards, which would allow your support to itemize better for aura items, which I think would even make sense.

That's what every single decent team is doing. Everyone buys wards.
Not all aura items should necessarily be placed on the support. A support couldn't even buy all the good aura items in a reasonable time frame.

I'm not sure about that... I remember watching yesterday CLG.eu (which I consider decent) and they made fun of Snoopeh for buying more than one ward at a time. But if you say that this is already the mindset of high level teams, than I hope it will swap over to Solo Q at some point.
Probe1: "Because people are opinionated and love to share their thoughts. Then they read someone else agree with them and get their opinion confused with fact."
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
April 02 2012 18:42 GMT
#3352
On April 03 2012 03:18 BlueSpace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 01:35 spinesheath wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:26 BlueSpace wrote:
Aura items should go on supports. Supports don't have money because they need to buy wards and don't get farm. Also you need to build HoG/Philo to be able to ward later without taking creeps, that imo is the reason why everything that doesn't build from these items is underused. An Aegis is nice, but effectively it's much more expensive than a Shur. Assume you finished Philo you need an additional 1350g to complete Shur while it takes you 1925g to buy Aegis. Also please keep in mind that supports get less money so 600g is actually a much bigger deal than for the other "farming" roles.
One way to change that would be to have jungle/top/mid/ad buy wards, which would allow your support to itemize better for aura items, which I think would even make sense.

That's what every single decent team is doing. Everyone buys wards.
Not all aura items should necessarily be placed on the support. A support couldn't even buy all the good aura items in a reasonable time frame.

I'm not sure about that... I remember watching yesterday CLG.eu (which I consider decent) and they made fun of Snoopeh for buying more than one ward at a time. But if you say that this is already the mindset of high level teams, than I hope it will swap over to Solo Q at some point.


Well that the thing.

If everyone buys one ward, no one has to buy five. 75 gold much easier pill to swallow than 375. You watch like TSM TOO buys all the wards, he end up so underfarmed like every game because he wards top, mid (sometimes both sides), and I've even seen him ward bottom for Xpecial before.

You watch CLGeu Wickd buys his own wards, Froggen wards one of his own sides, bot buys their own ward... Whole map warded, and it only costs three creeps every two minutes.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
April 02 2012 18:42 GMT
#3353
SV is streaming Korean server rightnow and hes up against Manyreason. Now I have something to watch while I wait for ManU to play
Terran
BlueSpace
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany2182 Posts
April 02 2012 19:00 GMT
#3354
On April 03 2012 03:42 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 03:18 BlueSpace wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:35 spinesheath wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:26 BlueSpace wrote:
Aura items should go on supports. Supports don't have money because they need to buy wards and don't get farm. Also you need to build HoG/Philo to be able to ward later without taking creeps, that imo is the reason why everything that doesn't build from these items is underused. An Aegis is nice, but effectively it's much more expensive than a Shur. Assume you finished Philo you need an additional 1350g to complete Shur while it takes you 1925g to buy Aegis. Also please keep in mind that supports get less money so 600g is actually a much bigger deal than for the other "farming" roles.
One way to change that would be to have jungle/top/mid/ad buy wards, which would allow your support to itemize better for aura items, which I think would even make sense.

That's what every single decent team is doing. Everyone buys wards.
Not all aura items should necessarily be placed on the support. A support couldn't even buy all the good aura items in a reasonable time frame.

I'm not sure about that... I remember watching yesterday CLG.eu (which I consider decent) and they made fun of Snoopeh for buying more than one ward at a time. But if you say that this is already the mindset of high level teams, than I hope it will swap over to Solo Q at some point.


Well that the thing.

If everyone buys one ward, no one has to buy five. 75 gold much easier pill to swallow than 375. You watch like TSM TOO buys all the wards, he end up so underfarmed like every game because he wards top, mid (sometimes both sides), and I've even seen him ward bottom for Xpecial before.

You watch CLGeu Wickd buys his own wards, Froggen wards one of his own sides, bot buys their own ward... Whole map warded, and it only costs three creeps every two minutes.

It's funny you mention TSM, when I first wanted to reply I planned on using them as an example of a team that is high level and has the worst ward practice... but I guess they sadly don't fit the definition of decent atm.

It's not that I don't get the point about the ward sharing. I'm just in doubt that it is really as widespread as others seem to think. I'll just watch out for it more when watching matches in the future.

Regarding odd and TSM... It's a mystery to me how someone can point out mistakes in his own stream while playing SoloQ games and then stay silent and watching his own team doing these mistakes over and over again.
Probe1: "Because people are opinionated and love to share their thoughts. Then they read someone else agree with them and get their opinion confused with fact."
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
April 02 2012 19:07 GMT
#3355
On April 03 2012 04:00 BlueSpace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 03:42 iCanada wrote:
On April 03 2012 03:18 BlueSpace wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:35 spinesheath wrote:
On April 03 2012 01:26 BlueSpace wrote:
Aura items should go on supports. Supports don't have money because they need to buy wards and don't get farm. Also you need to build HoG/Philo to be able to ward later without taking creeps, that imo is the reason why everything that doesn't build from these items is underused. An Aegis is nice, but effectively it's much more expensive than a Shur. Assume you finished Philo you need an additional 1350g to complete Shur while it takes you 1925g to buy Aegis. Also please keep in mind that supports get less money so 600g is actually a much bigger deal than for the other "farming" roles.
One way to change that would be to have jungle/top/mid/ad buy wards, which would allow your support to itemize better for aura items, which I think would even make sense.

That's what every single decent team is doing. Everyone buys wards.
Not all aura items should necessarily be placed on the support. A support couldn't even buy all the good aura items in a reasonable time frame.

I'm not sure about that... I remember watching yesterday CLG.eu (which I consider decent) and they made fun of Snoopeh for buying more than one ward at a time. But if you say that this is already the mindset of high level teams, than I hope it will swap over to Solo Q at some point.


Well that the thing.

If everyone buys one ward, no one has to buy five. 75 gold much easier pill to swallow than 375. You watch like TSM TOO buys all the wards, he end up so underfarmed like every game because he wards top, mid (sometimes both sides), and I've even seen him ward bottom for Xpecial before.

You watch CLGeu Wickd buys his own wards, Froggen wards one of his own sides, bot buys their own ward... Whole map warded, and it only costs three creeps every two minutes.

It's funny you mention TSM, when I first wanted to reply I planned on using them as an example of a team that is high level and has the worst ward practice... but I guess they sadly don't fit the definition of decent atm.

It's not that I don't get the point about the ward sharing. I'm just in doubt that it is really as widespread as others seem to think. I'll just watch out for it more when watching matches in the future.

Regarding odd and TSM... It's a mystery to me how someone can point out mistakes in his own stream while playing SoloQ games and then stay silent and watching his own team doing these mistakes over and over again.

I think it's because Regi and Xpecial are too loud during games they drown everyone else out. TOO probably doesn't feel like there's a point in adding a third voice to the bickering that goes on.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
April 02 2012 19:11 GMT
#3356
Ranked down in EU because of lag, it seems. I didn't feel much during the last game but there were some spikes at the beginning.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
April 02 2012 19:13 GMT
#3357
I don't understand why one whould smartcast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
April 02 2012 19:18 GMT
#3358
Because it's significantly faster and lets you do both more and beat the other guy to the punch.
twitch.tv/cratonz
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
April 02 2012 19:31 GMT
#3359
On April 03 2012 04:13 Erasme wrote:
I don't understand why one whould smartcast.

Try playing a champ like Leblanc without smartcast.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
April 02 2012 19:37 GMT
#3360
On April 03 2012 01:56 Two_DoWn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 00:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 03 2012 00:31 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle doesnt really want it most of the time because there are better buy options for one of the nosr gold starved roles.

You say this all the time, but I honestly think that Aegis is a great item for a gold-starved role, because even just the self-stat efficiency is really good.

You're basically not paying anything in terms of gold-value for the aura because Aegis is self-stat efficient. It's only drawback is that as a 2k gold item, it's not slot-efficient, but the gold-starved nature of junglers means that slot-efficiency doesn't even come into play until later in the game, if at all.

I dont think aegis is bad. I just think other stuff is better.

On offensive types, wriggles, wits, and phage are all mulipurpose items that fit my role better than aegis does. Even Hog fits better IMO.

On support types, you are looking at hog+philo core, which transitions so damn well into a fast shurelias and frozen heart to completely shut down the enemy ad carry before they even get started on their build.

I mean, aegis works on some jungles in some roles. I just dont think that it is ever a must buy in the same way that shurelias, wits, wriggles, randis, and other items are. Especially when you consider that IF shurelias is such a great item that supports should always rush that instead of aegis, why not get it on the jungle who can get it even faster and leave the aegis to the support?


But I will admit I am biased against aegis because I find the entire concept of auras to be a really shitty game mechanic in terms of both skills and items.

ya support get dat frozen heart before the enemy ad carry can even start his build. A true baller has shurelya's too
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 864
SteadfastSC656
EnkiAlexander 70
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 656
UpATreeSC 112
ZombieGrub94
JuggernautJason46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27927
Soulkey 291
Mini 123
Dewaltoss 111
White-Ra 88
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 23
NotJumperer 13
Dota 2
qojqva1298
Counter-Strike
fl0m1429
Fnx 771
shoxiejesuss624
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2465
Liquid`Hasu1842
Other Games
Grubby2789
ArmadaUGS1025
B2W.Neo594
ceh9482
byalli433
C9.Mang0183
Pyrionflax132
Chillindude71
Trikslyr40
Railgan19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 6
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• FirePhoenix7
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV140
League of Legends
• TFBlade1000
Other Games
• imaqtpie1115
• Scarra723
• Shiphtur304
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 31m
OSC
17h 31m
Stellar Fest
17h 31m
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 17h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.