• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:28
CEST 17:28
KST 00:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10718 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 116

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 114 115 116 117 118 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
March 29 2012 18:14 GMT
#2301
On March 30 2012 02:59 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 02:45 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 30 2012 02:30 JackDino wrote:
So if carries are meant to kill turrets and turrets only, why the hell do you buy a last whisper to kill dem tanks/bruisers? They ain't turrets mang. They're gonna die without a lw eventually, if you skip the lw you'll kill turrets faster.

I hope you're not seriously asking thisquestion.

Merely pointing out that you're not just there to kill turrets, TD says crit doesn't work on turrets, neither does arp.


carries are never meant to only kill turrets, not sure where you heard that o_O
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 29 2012 18:15 GMT
#2302
On March 30 2012 03:14 Mondeezy wrote:
I'm kind of having trouble with itemization in this game.. like, I know what to build at the beginning. I know what my goals are at the end. But in terms of items mid-game, I'm lost. I'm not sure whether to get a brutalizer, hexdrinker, a piece of a bigger item(IE or BT), etc. Is it ok to just go for components of the big items, like Rabadon's or Bloodthirster? Or should you always get 1-2 early/mid items to keep your advantage?

On who? What class?
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
March 29 2012 18:18 GMT
#2303


Sundance tweeted this message soon after having lunch with Marcou. This means we could see LoL back in MLG some time this year. Nothing's guaranteed but it's a good sign.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
Mondeezy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1938 Posts
March 29 2012 18:20 GMT
#2304
On March 30 2012 03:15 Two_DoWn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 03:14 Mondeezy wrote:
I'm kind of having trouble with itemization in this game.. like, I know what to build at the beginning. I know what my goals are at the end. But in terms of items mid-game, I'm lost. I'm not sure whether to get a brutalizer, hexdrinker, a piece of a bigger item(IE or BT), etc. Is it ok to just go for components of the big items, like Rabadon's or Bloodthirster? Or should you always get 1-2 early/mid items to keep your advantage?

On who? What class?


It varies.. usually bottom is pretty standard (2x dorans, zerkers, vamp scepter/IE etc). But as for top lane(obviously depending on the matchup/champs), I find myself more often than not rushing a late game item instead of getting a couple of mid-game items. For example, on Riven, I'd rush Cloth5 -> wriggles->boots/bt. I'm not sure if wriggles is a "significant" enough mid-game item to hold me out, or if I should get more before my bt?

Another example would be in mid, I always find myself going 2x dorans->boots>rabadons. Like, is there something I should be getting in that gap between beginning items to end game items? It feels weird going straight for a component of a late-game item at the 15 minute mark.. I come from a HoN background so maybe that's what's making this difficult for me
LoL NA: Mondeezy - TL - Riven <3
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
March 29 2012 18:21 GMT
#2305
On March 30 2012 03:11 Two_DoWn wrote:
does BC shred towers?


No, you can't debuff towers, which means there's no good itemization for a ranged AD looking to penetrate a tower's defenses.

But Olaf with APen runes and GB/Brutalizer is hilariously effective at demolishing towers.

On March 30 2012 03:14 BlasiuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 02:59 JackDino wrote:
On March 30 2012 02:45 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 30 2012 02:30 JackDino wrote:
So if carries are meant to kill turrets and turrets only, why the hell do you buy a last whisper to kill dem tanks/bruisers? They ain't turrets mang. They're gonna die without a lw eventually, if you skip the lw you'll kill turrets faster.

I hope you're not seriously asking thisquestion.

Merely pointing out that you're not just there to kill turrets, TD says crit doesn't work on turrets, neither does arp.


carries are never meant to only kill turrets, not sure where you heard that o_O


Read the last few pages of discussion. There's context to this that you're missing.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 29 2012 18:29 GMT
#2306
On March 30 2012 03:20 Mondeezy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 03:15 Two_DoWn wrote:
On March 30 2012 03:14 Mondeezy wrote:
I'm kind of having trouble with itemization in this game.. like, I know what to build at the beginning. I know what my goals are at the end. But in terms of items mid-game, I'm lost. I'm not sure whether to get a brutalizer, hexdrinker, a piece of a bigger item(IE or BT), etc. Is it ok to just go for components of the big items, like Rabadon's or Bloodthirster? Or should you always get 1-2 early/mid items to keep your advantage?

On who? What class?


It varies.. usually bottom is pretty standard (2x dorans, zerkers, vamp scepter/IE etc). But as for top lane(obviously depending on the matchup/champs), I find myself more often than not rushing a late game item instead of getting a couple of mid-game items. For example, on Riven, I'd rush Cloth5 -> wriggles->boots/bt. I'm not sure if wriggles is a "significant" enough mid-game item to hold me out, or if I should get more before my bt?

Another example would be in mid, I always find myself going 2x dorans->boots>rabadons. Like, is there something I should be getting in that gap between beginning items to end game items? It feels weird going straight for a component of a late-game item at the 15 minute mark.. I come from a HoN background so maybe that's what's making this difficult for me

Typically Ad and AP carries are going to go for that 1-2 dorans into their first big item. Dorans give them all they really need to hit that point, and that first big item is a huge damage boost.

Top and jungle are different. Bruisers are typically much happier with a mish mash of whatever they need to survive and hit people with. That and most of the big items (save trinity) are really not all that good on bruisers.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 18:31:57
March 29 2012 18:31 GMT
#2307
On March 30 2012 03:12 bmn wrote:
So I suck (always 1100-1200 ELO) even after reading great guides and trying a bunch of easy champs.

It's easy in Starcraft: e.g. Take a pro replay, compare drone count at X minutes, and your mechanics will improve a lot if you get close to X. Or 1v1 a better player and ask for specific advice.

I'd like to improve my ability to carry games from top/mid lane specifically. I often do well in lane, but am usually not able to exploit that advantage to carry the game, except with Rumble, but I don't want to be a one-trick pony.

What's the most time-efficient way (low-hanging fruit) to get my skills to a ~1500-1600 ELO level?
Should I duo queue / play arranged teams with higher players?
Have specific CS objectives? (I'm not sure how helpful that is for top/mid lane, where there's usually more zoning / roaming / jungler intervention than in bot lane, AFAICT)

I'm worried that queuing with better players will leave me either
a) shoe-horned into support, which isn't where I feel I'd learn most (I get bored after X support games in a row)
b) hopelessly outclassed in my lane; I'd fall behind early then never have a chance to come back, and spending 35+ minutes being useless doesn't teach me much

Should I just send a few replays to the replay thread and ask for advice?

I do switch champs too often, but it feels like purely grinding out games isn't a very enjoyable approach to improve. That said, maybe just picking one for a few weeks and playing only that champ really is the most efficient way.

Mechanics are important. CSing is more important than you probably realize. Setting and routinely reaching CS goals is an easy way to improve your game.

In some ways it's a harder to improve in LoL than in SC. In SC, you need to improve on stuff like mechanics, timing, and match-up knowledge if you want to get better overall. The difference is that in LoL, while mechanics are much easier to learn/master and timings are very simple as well, each game will be different and the number of possible match-ups that you need to learn far outstrip the 3 match-ups per race (or 9 if you play random) in SC. For SC, getting better at mechanics is #1 way to improve since it's such a huge part of the game. Due to LoL's simpler and lower mechanical skill ceiling, the #1 way to improve is game knowledge and experience, which can only be achieved by playing a ton of games.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22649 Posts
March 29 2012 18:31 GMT
#2308
On March 30 2012 03:14 Mondeezy wrote:
I'm kind of having trouble with itemization in this game.. like, I know what to build at the beginning. I know what my goals are at the end. But in terms of items mid-game, I'm lost. I'm not sure whether to get a brutalizer, hexdrinker, a piece of a bigger item(IE or BT), etc. Is it ok to just go for components of the big items, like Rabadon's or Bloodthirster? Or should you always get 1-2 early/mid items to keep your advantage?



It depends a ton of what champion your playing. how the game is going ect there is no way to just say how it should be done.
But for me it personaly comes down to what are the other lanes doing. Is someone on the enemy team fed? consider getting some resists against that champion (armor/mr). Is your team winning hard. look for what could stop you in a teamfight. Does there team have a lot of stuns that you might wanne get a QSS for. ect ect.

Really hard to say without specifics tho.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
March 29 2012 18:36 GMT
#2309
On March 30 2012 03:14 BlasiuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 02:59 JackDino wrote:
On March 30 2012 02:45 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 30 2012 02:30 JackDino wrote:
So if carries are meant to kill turrets and turrets only, why the hell do you buy a last whisper to kill dem tanks/bruisers? They ain't turrets mang. They're gonna die without a lw eventually, if you skip the lw you'll kill turrets faster.

I hope you're not seriously asking thisquestion.

Merely pointing out that you're not just there to kill turrets, TD says crit doesn't work on turrets, neither does arp.


carries are never meant to only kill turrets, not sure where you heard that o_O


It's just a thing from when people used to not always run ranged AD's (5 tank teams for example that WHALE often would run). When AD ranged carries got nerfed to hell with the red buff changes, MS decreases, IE nerfs, and every melee champ coming out having a hap closer, people began to stop running ranged AD's so religiously. Some players argued that lategame during tower sieges the AD carry is used to poke down the towers (without saying that obviously that isn't their ONLY job), and nobody does that better than a ranged AD. That was one of their strengths as compared to not running a ranged carry (where you'd run a melee carry instead like a garen taric bot with a melee top).

While ranged AD's do excel at taking down towers that's not actually their only job, T_D. >_>
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
March 29 2012 18:39 GMT
#2310
On March 30 2012 02:43 Cloud9157 wrote:
So I have been picking up Wukong to try and become a more diverse top laner.

My question is mainly on his build in game. I was thinking boots+pot or cloth+5 depending on who you're facing. Then I guess it would depend on how much I'm dominating, maybe 2 Doran's or a Wriggle's? Also, I would probably want a Brutalizer on Wukong, since he benefits from everything it has to offer it seems. Would also assume get a FM.

I also don't know if I should run arm pen. or AD marks/quints on him. =\

I asked this in the Wuk thread a few days ago, no response yet.

Since his Q is already an armor shred, just go Flat AD, usually something like 2 dorans bruta triforce fratmogs or something is what i end up going most games
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
March 29 2012 18:42 GMT
#2311
lol.

Saint been in queue for the past 40 minutes.

Korean server needs more high ELO players. He only like 2100 too.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
March 29 2012 18:42 GMT
#2312
On March 30 2012 03:39 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 02:43 Cloud9157 wrote:
So I have been picking up Wukong to try and become a more diverse top laner.

My question is mainly on his build in game. I was thinking boots+pot or cloth+5 depending on who you're facing. Then I guess it would depend on how much I'm dominating, maybe 2 Doran's or a Wriggle's? Also, I would probably want a Brutalizer on Wukong, since he benefits from everything it has to offer it seems. Would also assume get a FM.

I also don't know if I should run arm pen. or AD marks/quints on him. =\

I asked this in the Wuk thread a few days ago, no response yet.

Since his Q is already an armor shred, just go Flat AD, usually something like 2 dorans bruta triforce fratmogs or something is what i end up going most games

...no, since his Q is already an armor shred, you go ArPen...

sigh....

T_T
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
bmn
Profile Joined August 2010
886 Posts
March 29 2012 18:43 GMT
#2313
On March 30 2012 03:31 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 03:12 bmn wrote:
So I suck (always 1100-1200 ELO) even after reading great guides and trying a bunch of easy champs.

It's easy in Starcraft: e.g. Take a pro replay, compare drone count at X minutes, and your mechanics will improve a lot if you get close to X. Or 1v1 a better player and ask for specific advice.

I'd like to improve my ability to carry games from top/mid lane specifically. I often do well in lane, but am usually not able to exploit that advantage to carry the game, except with Rumble, but I don't want to be a one-trick pony.

What's the most time-efficient way (low-hanging fruit) to get my skills to a ~1500-1600 ELO level?
Should I duo queue / play arranged teams with higher players?
Have specific CS objectives? (I'm not sure how helpful that is for top/mid lane, where there's usually more zoning / roaming / jungler intervention than in bot lane, AFAICT)

I'm worried that queuing with better players will leave me either
a) shoe-horned into support, which isn't where I feel I'd learn most (I get bored after X support games in a row)
b) hopelessly outclassed in my lane; I'd fall behind early then never have a chance to come back, and spending 35+ minutes being useless doesn't teach me much

Should I just send a few replays to the replay thread and ask for advice?

I do switch champs too often, but it feels like purely grinding out games isn't a very enjoyable approach to improve. That said, maybe just picking one for a few weeks and playing only that champ really is the most efficient way.

Mechanics are important. CSing is more important than you probably realize. Setting and routinely reaching CS goals is an easy way to improve your game.

In some ways it's a harder to improve in LoL than in SC. In SC, you need to improve on stuff like mechanics, timing, and match-up knowledge if you want to get better overall. The difference is that in LoL, while mechanics are much easier to learn/master and timings are very simple as well, each game will be different and the number of possible match-ups that you need to learn far outstrip the 3 match-ups per race (or 9 if you play random) in SC. For SC, getting better at mechanics is #1 way to improve since it's such a huge part of the game. Due to LoL's simpler and lower mechanical skill ceiling, the #1 way to improve is game knowledge and experience, which can only be achieved by playing a ton of games.


Eh, guess I should pay more attention to CS then.

Thing is, I find it much harder to practice mechanics in LoL than in SC, for the reasons you mentioned. In SC2, you can compare your version of a build against a well-executed one; there's no such direct comparison in LoL (and you can't work on just that one thing in the same way unless you have practice partners).
If there were something like a unit tester map to practice 1v1 laning, that'd save so much time. Even 1v1 custom games seem stupidly unhelpful in that the game doesn't seem to end if you leave (or maybe I did it wrong).

Also, as a sidenote, actually implementing Mogwai's mindset for the solo queue mentality is a lot harder than just agreeing with it. Too often I get an intentional troll/rager in my first game, then for the rest of the evening I turn into a whiny bitch instead of focusing on my own play -_-
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
March 29 2012 18:45 GMT
#2314
On March 30 2012 03:42 iCanada wrote:
lol.

Saint been in queue for the past 40 minutes.

Korean server needs more high ELO players. He only like 2100 too.

Yeah. At least the stream is entertaining anyway - you can hear Hotshot arguing with some other CLG player. So unusual
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
March 29 2012 18:46 GMT
#2315
On March 30 2012 03:12 bmn wrote:
So I suck (always 1100-1200 ELO) even after reading great guides and trying a bunch of easy champs.

It's easy in Starcraft: e.g. Take a pro replay, compare drone count at X minutes, and your mechanics will improve a lot if you get close to X. Or 1v1 a better player and ask for specific advice.

I'd like to improve my ability to carry games from top/mid lane specifically. I often do well in lane, but am usually not able to exploit that advantage to carry the game, except with Rumble, but I don't want to be a one-trick pony.

What's the most time-efficient way (low-hanging fruit) to get my skills to a ~1500-1600 ELO level?
Should I duo queue / play arranged teams with higher players?
Have specific CS objectives? (I'm not sure how helpful that is for top/mid lane, where there's usually more zoning / roaming / jungler intervention than in bot lane, AFAICT)

I'm worried that queuing with better players will leave me either
a) shoe-horned into support, which isn't where I feel I'd learn most (I get bored after X support games in a row)
b) hopelessly outclassed in my lane; I'd fall behind early then never have a chance to come back, and spending 35+ minutes being useless doesn't teach me much

Should I just send a few replays to the replay thread and ask for advice?

I do switch champs too often, but it feels like purely grinding out games isn't a very enjoyable approach to improve. That said, maybe just picking one for a few weeks and playing only that champ really is the most efficient way.

the number 1 thing to improve elo, is farm, and not feed.

Try and hit 100 cs for every 10 min (if ur top, mid, or bot ad). You won't reach this goal, but god damnit, try as hard as you can.
liftlift > tsm
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
March 29 2012 18:52 GMT
#2316
On March 30 2012 03:43 bmn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 03:31 Ryuu314 wrote:
On March 30 2012 03:12 bmn wrote:
So I suck (always 1100-1200 ELO) even after reading great guides and trying a bunch of easy champs.

It's easy in Starcraft: e.g. Take a pro replay, compare drone count at X minutes, and your mechanics will improve a lot if you get close to X. Or 1v1 a better player and ask for specific advice.

I'd like to improve my ability to carry games from top/mid lane specifically. I often do well in lane, but am usually not able to exploit that advantage to carry the game, except with Rumble, but I don't want to be a one-trick pony.

What's the most time-efficient way (low-hanging fruit) to get my skills to a ~1500-1600 ELO level?
Should I duo queue / play arranged teams with higher players?
Have specific CS objectives? (I'm not sure how helpful that is for top/mid lane, where there's usually more zoning / roaming / jungler intervention than in bot lane, AFAICT)

I'm worried that queuing with better players will leave me either
a) shoe-horned into support, which isn't where I feel I'd learn most (I get bored after X support games in a row)
b) hopelessly outclassed in my lane; I'd fall behind early then never have a chance to come back, and spending 35+ minutes being useless doesn't teach me much

Should I just send a few replays to the replay thread and ask for advice?

I do switch champs too often, but it feels like purely grinding out games isn't a very enjoyable approach to improve. That said, maybe just picking one for a few weeks and playing only that champ really is the most efficient way.

Mechanics are important. CSing is more important than you probably realize. Setting and routinely reaching CS goals is an easy way to improve your game.

In some ways it's a harder to improve in LoL than in SC. In SC, you need to improve on stuff like mechanics, timing, and match-up knowledge if you want to get better overall. The difference is that in LoL, while mechanics are much easier to learn/master and timings are very simple as well, each game will be different and the number of possible match-ups that you need to learn far outstrip the 3 match-ups per race (or 9 if you play random) in SC. For SC, getting better at mechanics is #1 way to improve since it's such a huge part of the game. Due to LoL's simpler and lower mechanical skill ceiling, the #1 way to improve is game knowledge and experience, which can only be achieved by playing a ton of games.


Eh, guess I should pay more attention to CS then.

Thing is, I find it much harder to practice mechanics in LoL than in SC, for the reasons you mentioned. In SC2, you can compare your version of a build against a well-executed one; there's no such direct comparison in LoL (and you can't work on just that one thing in the same way unless you have practice partners).
If there were something like a unit tester map to practice 1v1 laning, that'd save so much time. Even 1v1 custom games seem stupidly unhelpful in that the game doesn't seem to end if you leave (or maybe I did it wrong).

Also, as a sidenote, actually implementing Mogwai's mindset for the solo queue mentality is a lot harder than just agreeing with it. Too often I get an intentional troll/rager in my first game, then for the rest of the evening I turn into a whiny bitch instead of focusing on my own play -_-


You can do it with CS. Watch a pro game, for example Doublelift almost always has like 180 CS by the 20 minute mark. Even if you suck at other stuff you get that CS by 20 minute mark you going to crush people.
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
March 29 2012 18:57 GMT
#2317
http://beta.twitch.tv/scarra/b/308480611

the highest elo games I've ever seen!

No really that VOD was hysterical.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
March 29 2012 18:58 GMT
#2318
im in the camp of, rush IE and IE only with every AD except ezreal while getting the least number of side items as possible. No vamp if you can manage, 2 dblades unless you're losing lane. The damage output with and without IE is probably the biggest item gap in the game. I'm not even convinced vayne should get BT apparently because she's close range and needs lifesteal. Every other AD build from wriggles to BF zeal to rush PD are all inferior in almost every situation.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
March 29 2012 19:10 GMT
#2319
Ezreal should be getting IE honestly. I don't agree with your lack of a vamp scepter though. It's 450 gold that makes SUCH a huge difference throughout the game. It's like..... so fucking good. The moment you get vamp scepter the lane completely changes, dragon and baron become possiblities, you can take buffs, push lane etc
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
March 29 2012 19:11 GMT
#2320
On March 30 2012 02:44 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 02:43 Cloud9157 wrote:
So I have been picking up Wukong to try and become a more diverse top laner.

My question is mainly on his build in game. I was thinking boots+pot or cloth+5 depending on who you're facing. Then I guess it would depend on how much I'm dominating, maybe 2 Doran's or a Wriggle's? Also, I would probably want a Brutalizer on Wukong, since he benefits from everything it has to offer it seems. Would also assume get a FM.

I also don't know if I should run arm pen. or AD marks/quints on him. =\

I asked this in the Wuk thread a few days ago, no response yet.

That's because the op tells you how to build him so maybe you should just read it and ask questions off of that.


Why listen to the OP when he has those friends?

I'm sorry it's just too tempting to bring it up.
Hey! How you doin'?
Prev 1 114 115 116 117 118 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 306
OGKoka 287
Codebar 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 96
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9017
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe36
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes570
Lowko366
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
Liquid`VortiX186
Livibee185
mouzStarbuck172
Hui .169
Beastyqt72
Mew2King71
Trikslyr62
Rex25
RotterdaM23
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV255
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2655
Other Games
• Shiphtur504
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 47m
Replay Cast
7h 32m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.