• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:11
CEST 11:11
KST 18:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6053 users

[Discussion] Dominion - Page 37

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 Next All
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
November 03 2011 17:33 GMT
#721
What are some good item builds that win the first fight at top? I've seen a Ryze go two mana crystals for really strong Qs, but I'm not sure who else would really be able to abuse the itemization of the starting gold to win top fight.
Offhand
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1869 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-03 20:35:37
November 03 2011 18:36 GMT
#722
Ryze is amazing in Dominion. I always do the tear + boots opening though, I've never considered getting the second mana crystal instead. It's not like Ryze really needs the extra crystal's damage at level 3-4 though because he does so well against champs that are normally scary then.

E: CDR question. CDR is maxed at 40% and all CDR is additive, so you get 9 from talents, 20 from frozen heart (gets built every game), and need to make up the remaining 11% elsewhere. Full blue CDR glyphs would only net another ~6% and they cost an outrageous amount of IP so what's the best item on Ryze to fill that gap? There's really nothing except frozen heart that has stat itemized well for him. I'm thinking I either make a second glacial shroud, or build Kindlegem and evenutally turn it into some kind of health item.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 08:07:41
November 04 2011 08:02 GMT
#723
You have about 200 difference you go two mana crystals and boots vs tear boots, but it only gives you 50 more mana than going tears. Though the extra gold can be used to get your third mana crystal faster all of which I use to build items: tear, catalyst and glacial shard.

I've been doing well using this build. I really want to get rylai's but just end up building my mana items to frozen heart, banshee, and archangel. Situationally I get hextech sweeper which is useful vs stealth and also maxs out Ryze's CDR. Otherwise I suppose you could just make your kindle gem into a spirit visage if you have nothing else to build.
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
November 04 2011 08:30 GMT
#724
Ryze gets 2% CDR per level in Q. lol
ô¿ô
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 11:01:08
November 04 2011 10:59 GMT
#725
Archangel is such a horrible item on Ryze.

The AP it gives just doesn't do anything for him. I only end up building it when i literally have nothing else to buy. I get a void staff before i get that thing.

It sounds like the perfect match a mana stack champ with an AP/mana scale item but his ratios are just so terrible. Atleast 40% pierce pays off when slamming tanky targets.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
November 04 2011 15:53 GMT
#726
On November 04 2011 17:30 R04R wrote:
Ryze gets 2% CDR per level in Q. lol

Zzzz I knew that I just forgot lol.

And yeah I keep hearing that Archangel does nothing for Ryze, but I don't really think about building magic pen on dominion either because few people actually build magic resistance.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 04 2011 16:00 GMT
#727
What? Tanky items are errwhere on Dom o_O
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Offhand
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1869 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 16:13:10
November 04 2011 16:12 GMT
#728
On November 05 2011 00:53 BlackMagister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2011 17:30 R04R wrote:
Ryze gets 2% CDR per level in Q. lol

Zzzz I knew that I just forgot lol.

And yeah I keep hearing that Archangel does nothing for Ryze, but I don't really think about building magic pen on dominion either because few people actually build magic resistance.


That's because Dominion comps are usually 4 tanky dps bruiser types and like Heimer. I only build archangels if there's nothing else I can do, it's just a bunch of AP that just so happens to scale with your actual DPS stat. Tear, boots, Odin's, and Frozen Heart are the only items I consider "core" on Dominion Ryze.

So including a maxed out Q, glacial heart, and talents, Ryze has 39% CDR. It's a 0.03 second difference on your Q cooldown without that last point so I figure it could be closed with 2 CDR runes, which is way better than buying a full page of those 820 IP bastards.
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
November 05 2011 09:29 GMT
#729
On November 05 2011 00:53 BlackMagister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2011 17:30 R04R wrote:
Ryze gets 2% CDR per level in Q. lol

Zzzz I knew that I just forgot lol.

And yeah I keep hearing that Archangel does nothing for Ryze, but I don't really think about building magic pen on dominion either because few people actually build magic resistance.


Then build 2x warmog.

Never ever dump gold into arch unless it is literally the last option for you.
Ayush_SCtoss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
India3051 Posts
November 05 2011 20:37 GMT
#730
I haven't played that much Dominion after it was released. I don't plan on playing it with any champion except for Ezreal; some low hp guy is at a capture point --> ult --> enemy has been slain. However, I heard that AP Ez is insanely good in dominion, since of the global gold (Is there even a global gold mechanic thingy in Dominion? xD) affecting his income allowing him to get ap items real quick. Have some of you experienced an AP Ez demolishing shit in Dominion?
End my suffering
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
November 05 2011 21:59 GMT
#731
I have demolished Dominion-shit with AP ez.
It's pretty neat and imo outperforms AD ez, better AoE and stronger ult pretty much mean that you wreck more shit.

Not sure what you mean with global gold, but gold/10 is significantly increased, plus you get gold with caps, and Ez is a really good capper (and I'd recommend playing like a capper until you have your AP items, since you're not too useful in early fights)

In the end, it's just your call if you like to play AD or AP more, Ez is OP with either build.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
pschiu
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore410 Posts
November 18 2011 14:34 GMT
#732
So I've been playing abit of Dominion recently. Many of my games are getting into the extremely close endgame, where the score is like 20 - 20 and we have 3 capture points and all enemies are missing off the minimap. Or we have 2 capture points and are desperately trying to take a third.

Is there any discussion or general consensus on the various strategies one should adopt in these scenarios? How do you spread your team to hold 3 capture points for the last 20s? Or if you're down, do you 5 man attack a third capture point or split, lure enemies away, and hope to backdoor? Plus so many games have been barely won or lost by an ezreal or karthus or lux ult.
nyxnyxnyx
Profile Joined April 2010
Indonesia2978 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-18 16:11:59
November 18 2011 16:10 GMT
#733
just play shaco if you're not premade

cdr / apish runes, ms quints
0/9/21 (or 9/0/21, but i like revive mastery)
start boots of mobil + rejuv bead
ghost+anything (i run revive for additional tempo/pressure)

start with QWW then EWRW (R>W>E>Q)

game starts, deceive+ghost straight for the top node. put down a jitb then immediately begin to start capping. keep being annoying, planting boxes and just capping and capping

after that fight breaks down (whether you win or lose), keep yourself fluid around the 3 opponent nodes (top and the 2 at btm opponent side). plant boxes at choke points every time it CDs, pick up mana and hp whenever you can. always deceive as you walk into the visible part of the map right before you are going to start capping, and plant a jitb behind you when you cap. when you die or you're super low on hp/mana, it's a good time to recall and buy priscilla blessing, then start stacking CDR. kindlegem, shurelya, fiendish codex -> dfg all work just fine. continue your capping madness and just generally be super annoying. what you attempt to do is force a numbers game where they constantly need at least 1 person to protect against you, yet that 1 person is not as mobile as you and you can thus exert more pressure than they can negate.

easy dominion wins as long as your team not retarded

ps: plant a surprise jitb on the node when you cap it
cool beans
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 18 2011 16:24 GMT
#734
I agree with everything except the rejuv. Priscilla's is out. So just open Mobility and go into DFG.
Really hard to do bad as AP Shaco on Dom. You can still lose but at least it won't be your fault.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
November 18 2011 16:32 GMT
#735
On November 19 2011 01:24 NeoIllusions wrote:
I agree with everything except the rejuv. Priscilla's is out. So just open Mobility and go into DFG.
Really hard to do bad as AP Shaco on Dom. You can still lose but at least it won't be your fault.

is that a challenge, neo
:)
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 18 2011 17:00 GMT
#736
With you, uni. Anything is possible~
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 06:30:25
November 19 2011 06:28 GMT
#737
On November 05 2011 18:29 zalz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2011 00:53 BlackMagister wrote:
On November 04 2011 17:30 R04R wrote:
Ryze gets 2% CDR per level in Q. lol

Zzzz I knew that I just forgot lol.

And yeah I keep hearing that Archangel does nothing for Ryze, but I don't really think about building magic pen on dominion either because few people actually build magic resistance.


Then build 2x warmog.

Never ever dump gold into arch unless it is literally the last option for you.

You can't build warmogs on dominion. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Ryze can build up enough mana on an archangels in dominion. That's why you don't build it on him.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
November 30 2011 20:29 GMT
#738
Who is storm shield best on?
Assassins like it for the extra hp buffer and burst
Pokey types like it for the large damage boost to each poke and regenerating shield
Tanks like it for free extra threat (and durability)
Deeps like it for more deeps (and durability)

I think it should mainly go to champs like Heimer or Nunu who can trigger it frequently on a long ranged spell. Unless it's solo queue where it goes to me regardless of team comp B[
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
rwrzr
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1980 Posts
November 30 2011 21:44 GMT
#739
On November 19 2011 01:32 unichan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2011 01:24 NeoIllusions wrote:
I agree with everything except the rejuv. Priscilla's is out. So just open Mobility and go into DFG.
Really hard to do bad as AP Shaco on Dom. You can still lose but at least it won't be your fault.

is that a challenge, neo


I remember a certain Janna game. unibro #1 troll. happy bday as well troll~
FADC
Deezl
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States355 Posts
December 01 2011 20:48 GMT
#740
On December 01 2011 05:29 Tooplark wrote:
Who is storm shield best on?
Assassins like it for the extra hp buffer and burst
Pokey types like it for the large damage boost to each poke and regenerating shield
Tanks like it for free extra threat (and durability)
Deeps like it for more deeps (and durability)

I think it should mainly go to champs like Heimer or Nunu who can trigger it frequently on a long ranged spell. Unless it's solo queue where it goes to me regardless of team comp B[


Storm shield is an investment of time and gives away vision, so sometimes its not worth getting. If you have a minute to grab it, Storm shield should go to the member of your team who is the most mobile or does the most damage. Basically someone who is in there fighting all the time and can make use of it.
Three hundred lives of men I have walked this world, and now I have no time.
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 189
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1142
Bisu 747
Soma 172
hero 168
HiyA 104
EffOrt 65
sorry 36
ZerO 32
Mong 31
Killer 28
[ Show more ]
Bale 22
Pusan 20
Sharp 17
Noble 11
Terrorterran 10
JulyZerg 9
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
edward39
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft822
crisheroes411
Other Games
gofns29498
olofmeister1040
singsing938
ceh9566
Livibee215
Pyrionflax107
ArmadaUGS60
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream523
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 16
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH349
• StrangeGG 33
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2408
League of Legends
• Jankos1420
• Rush1117
• Stunt421
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
50m
Afreeca Starleague
50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.