• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9308 users

Simple Questions and Answers - Page 14

Forum Index > Hearthstone General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 162 Next
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 06 2013 06:58 GMT
#261
I just mean - is he actually USED for anything? He seems terrible.
PushDown
Profile Joined December 2011
Italy208 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-06 10:40:47
November 06 2013 10:38 GMT
#262
On November 06 2013 15:58 Sandster wrote:
I just mean - is he actually USED for anything? He seems terrible.

Nozdormu only purpose is to be a troll card, his effect while on the board is pretty cool thou. Nontheless if you aren't putting him in a "troll" deck (one where you play for giggles and not for winnings) the card is worthless.
Disenchanting him may be a really good idea, IF you know your way around the game. 400 dust for a new player can help a lot but the chances on beeing wasted to craft something not ideal are really high. I'll advice you to put the idea of disenchanting him aside, until you have more game knowleadge to fine the best way (for you) to spend 400+ dust on: it could be on 4 rares, 1 epic, lots of uncommon or extra dust for That legendary you know is a good investment.

Doomsayer... <The end is comming!!>. This card has it uses but only in really specific decks, you can't throw it in any deck because it will simple not work. The 7 health make its really tanky to kill and it's very threatening when your opponent has value minions that he don't want to lose. It can give you 1 extra turn to live (thanks to the fact that the opponent may attack with all his creature the Doomsayer), it can wipe out the opponents board: a Blizzard and this guy on turn 7 can get pretty nasty. Or you may have a really slow deck and you need to survive the early game pressure, then this guy can shine.
Not the best of the epics around but it has more uses than Nozdormu for sure.
Cogito ergo sum
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
November 06 2013 14:39 GMT
#263
How does a good mana curve look like?
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 06 2013 14:55 GMT
#264
On November 06 2013 19:38 PushDown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2013 15:58 Sandster wrote:
I just mean - is he actually USED for anything? He seems terrible.

Nozdormu only purpose is to be a troll card, his effect while on the board is pretty cool thou. Nontheless if you aren't putting him in a "troll" deck (one where you play for giggles and not for winnings) the card is worthless.
Disenchanting him may be a really good idea, IF you know your way around the game. 400 dust for a new player can help a lot but the chances on beeing wasted to craft something not ideal are really high. I'll advice you to put the idea of disenchanting him aside, until you have more game knowleadge to fine the best way (for you) to spend 400+ dust on: it could be on 4 rares, 1 epic, lots of uncommon or extra dust for That legendary you know is a good investment.

Doomsayer... <The end is comming!!>. This card has it uses but only in really specific decks, you can't throw it in any deck because it will simple not work. The 7 health make its really tanky to kill and it's very threatening when your opponent has value minions that he don't want to lose. It can give you 1 extra turn to live (thanks to the fact that the opponent may attack with all his creature the Doomsayer), it can wipe out the opponents board: a Blizzard and this guy on turn 7 can get pretty nasty. Or you may have a really slow deck and you need to survive the early game pressure, then this guy can shine.
Not the best of the epics around but it has more uses than Nozdormu for sure.


Thanks for the response. I am thinking of just holding the Nozdormu until i get 1200 dust, and then making a legendary with it. It doesn't look like a card I'd ever use in a real deck. I spent my first 300 dust making 1x Azure Drake, 1x Argent Commander, and 3 priority commons, so I don't think it was a waste.

I also don't see a use for Doomsayer, so again I'll probably DE it when I have enough for a legendary.
FetTerBender
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany1393 Posts
November 06 2013 15:10 GMT
#265
On November 06 2013 23:39 Zeon0 wrote:
How does a good mana curve look like?


Depends on the style you play.

Rush decks commonly peak in 1-3 mana consumption, midgame decks tend to focus on 3-5 mana cards, endgame decks can raise the amount of high mana cards by using low mana stallers (i.e. Frost Nova, Ice Lance, Frost Bolt as Mage).
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
November 06 2013 15:52 GMT
#266
So i just went 8-0 in arena. I'm supposed to stop now for max gold right? Should I play 3 games and concede to give people free wins? Or should I retire the deck? Is there any difference between 8-0 and 8-3? From the looks of it there isn't.... which seems to me very odd.
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
November 06 2013 16:14 GMT
#267
http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1pzcc7/suggestion_to_those_who_stop_at_8_in_the_arena/

give away your three losses, others will thank you
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
November 06 2013 19:36 GMT
#268
Um, I just played a rogue and he played at least 5 copies of THE SAME CARD (Headcrack) in the game. How is this possible?
Never Knows Best.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
November 06 2013 19:38 GMT
#269
Read the card. Headcrack returns to your hand if you play a card before playing Headcrack.
Ender2701
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States581 Posts
November 06 2013 20:18 GMT
#270
Does the MMR system feel broken to anyone else?

I only play unranked for the quests now, but I feel like I'm often playing players with far too good decks. It seems like everyone I play in unranked has their class legendary and a few other legendaries and I'm using my decks that are quickly constructed and I am missing 30% of the cards for a proper deck. At one point I laddered unranked with my main paladin deck and I think it's MMR got pushed far too high and now it doesn't decrease.

I lose like 70% of my unranked games, and win around 70% of my ranked games. I feel like it should be more like sc2 where I am pushed quickly to 50% winrate.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
November 06 2013 20:24 GMT
#271
Ya, I think it's pretty safe to say the system is broken. Everyone and their grandmas seem to be 3star master.
Ender2701
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States581 Posts
November 06 2013 20:46 GMT
#272
On November 07 2013 05:24 skyR wrote:
Ya, I think it's pretty safe to say the system is broken. Everyone and their grandmas seem to be 3star master.


Not even what medal they have, it seems like it does a poor job of matching people up against people of similar skill.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
November 06 2013 20:49 GMT
#273
Lots of people are probably trying new decks so I guess having a single MMR wasn't very smart on Blizzard's part.
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 06 2013 21:00 GMT
#274
On November 07 2013 05:49 skyR wrote:
Lots of people are probably trying new decks so I guess having a single MMR wasn't very smart on Blizzard's part.


I was wondering why they didn't put individual MMRs on each class.

In SC2, for example, you have MMRs for each bracket (1v1, 2v2, etc). When you first start, you play vs bronzies. If you are, say, masters 1v1 already, your beginning MMRs for the other brackets are also higher. I would think it's pretty simple to implement in Hearthstone.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
November 06 2013 21:26 GMT
#275
My opponent has bugged out the timer with that murloc that lets you draw 2 cards, young panda and that same murloc again. So now we're stuck here waiting for the other to concede. Anyone else have this happen?
Moderator
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-06 22:36:16
November 06 2013 22:35 GMT
#276
On November 07 2013 06:00 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2013 05:49 skyR wrote:
Lots of people are probably trying new decks so I guess having a single MMR wasn't very smart on Blizzard's part.


I was wondering why they didn't put individual MMRs on each class.

In SC2, for example, you have MMRs for each bracket (1v1, 2v2, etc). When you first start, you play vs bronzies. If you are, say, masters 1v1 already, your beginning MMRs for the other brackets are also higher. I would think it's pretty simple to implement in Hearthstone.



Well SC2 has the same problem though. Three races (a sort of 4th if you count random) yet only one 1v1 ranking available per account. I agree that having a separate MMR for each class would be sensible.
Big G
Profile Joined April 2011
Italy835 Posts
November 06 2013 23:02 GMT
#277
On November 07 2013 06:26 stuchiu wrote:
My opponent has bugged out the timer with that murloc that lets you draw 2 cards, young panda and that same murloc again. So now we're stuck here waiting for the other to concede. Anyone else have this happen?

Yes, it happens. Should be a known bug by now.
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
November 07 2013 05:32 GMT
#278
Keeper of Grove triggers counterspell. Does all Choose One do it?
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
November 07 2013 11:11 GMT
#279
Where do I find videos from arena draws with commentary from people who know what they are doing?

I think draws are the most important thing in arena and I have little to no experience in card games so its very hard for me to make a good deck...
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
November 07 2013 11:40 GMT
#280
On November 07 2013 05:24 skyR wrote:
Ya, I think it's pretty safe to say the system is broken. Everyone and their grandmas seem to be 3star master.

I don't think its broken, it's just casual friendly. I rarely arena, and notice the rankings increase by just how many games you play.

In constructed you can breeze through and hit masters with not many games played. You get to see your reward sooner since you're playing well. The opposite of that which I believe is, the more you play even with a 50% rate. You will slowly rank up. Everyone wants the good feeling that goes along with being rewarded. That extra star, that promotion means you're getting better so to speak. Stuck at 50% forever but win 2-3 games in a row, have a star.

While most sound like they are 3 star masters, I have a feeling the mmr at that ranking is incredibly large. It will be hard to find someone with more than 200 constructed wins not masters.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4082
Mong 84
ToSsGirL 71
sorry 51
Noble 9
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King147
Other Games
summit1g8070
WinterStarcraft604
ceh9414
Happy203
Sick157
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2275
League of Legends
• Stunt429
Other Games
• Shiphtur561
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 1m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.