• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:41
CEST 16:41
KST 23:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7367 users

Vegetarianism - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 19 Next All
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
May 28 2009 20:55 GMT
#81
On May 29 2009 05:46 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2009 05:34 Piy wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:26 Aegraen wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:18 Piy wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:12 Aegraen wrote:

Do you realize that the costlier food is, the number of people starving increases? Whatever increases production, efficiency, and is generally called business practices, shouldn't be demonized unless of course you hold us as on equal grounds as the animals that populate the eco-systems around the globe.



You really don't have to hold people on equal grounds to animals to think this is retarded. I'm pretty sure you're just trolling, but whatever, I guess this is some peoples opinion.

So using your logic it's prefectly justifiable for me to buy a dog and kick it around because it's fun? Because you seem to place absolutely no worth on animal suffering whatsoever. I don't consider humanity equal with animals, but they're certainly close enough to be worthy of consideration. I just don't see any other way of looking at this argument rationally.


Did you read my second post in this thread? I urge to go back and re-read it then come back with something relevant to try and sling at me.


K, fair enough I'll respond to this. You say that animals shouldn't be treated badly outside of food production?

Well I think that you're being selective with your definition of suffering then. So we shouldn't treat animals poorly, but if we can treat them badly and make a profit thats fine. Wait, wut?

What if I was to rent out my dog and allow other people to kick it? thats giving me a profit, shame about the dog though.

But I can already see what you're thinking :p Thats not providing food for humanity. Of course I forgot we "need" to eat meat or we'll die of massive defficiencies. That explains how dead I am, and how dead my vegan friends are. Wait, wut?

Since you seem to appreciate that animals can suffer and that we should try and prevent their suffering in most cases, how can you justify intensively farming/killing animals when we don't need to? That just seems counter intuitive and baffles me.


Here, I'll explain this as simply as I can.

Food production needs to be streamlined, cost efficient, and ultimately whatever drives down the price of meat, is a good thing for humanity. The cheaper it is, the more available it becomes to a greater sect of humanity. I'm not sure you know this, but charities also buy food.

You also contradicted what I said in your first two paragraphs. You explicitly at least, in the first paragraph comprehended that I was talking about food production. Then in the next paragraph you somehow jump to dog kicking and profits, when I specifically laid out 'food production', IE not pets, nor wild animals that aren't being hunted. So, I'm confused if you understand what I'm saying or not.

It is in the best interest of humanity, to make food cheaper. Do you agree? If you arbitrarily raise food prices by regulation, and cut off unfortunate people from food, they otherwise could have afforded, how in any sense of morality do you justify yourself over me. You see, I'll say this again. I put humanity above animals. If an animals death causes its suffering, yet, the end product being cheaper than if we were to, say, minimize their pain at death which would increase the price, but in the process that increase of food caused one person to starve to death somewhere in the world because of the increased costs to say The Red Cross so they couldn't purchase as much do you still feel morally justified?

So, demonize me all you want. Feel superior. Fine and dandy. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

To your last point. I don't place totalitarian restrictions on what people can, and cannot eat. If you want to do that, I would wager North Korea would be more suitable if you can wiggle your way into government?


Heres the thing though. You talk about the need to streamline food production for the good of humanity, yet meat is such a massively ineffeicient type of food. Once again it looks as though you've presented an argument for not eating it.

I really don't appreciate the attempt to bring charities in there either, since it has nothing to do with anything anyway. But I can agree with you on one point. Driving down the cost of food is a good thing. But a good way to do that would be to increase the price of meat. Then more of that land could be used to grow other crops that would be able to feed more people.

So here's my problem spelled out more clearly:

Meat is inefficient. If we don't eat it we can still be perfectly healthy. You tip-toe around this point by constantly talking about the meat industry as though it's necessary to the survival of mankind and there's no point in imagining it didn't exist.

So I'd conclude that you just like eating meat and are trying to find a justification for doing so.
My. Copy. Is. Here.
MuR)Ernu
Profile Joined September 2008
Finland768 Posts
May 28 2009 20:56 GMT
#82
i gotta make kimchi one day and see if it is good enough so i will turn veg

I could easily go vegetarian just for the heck of it, but not if i cant eat any tasty food ;_;
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
May 28 2009 20:56 GMT
#83
I am very much against the slaying of animals for food (especially today when we can easily get a sufficiently nutritious diet without any killings of animals), but I eat meat all the time. I am a walking contradiction :<
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
MoltkeWarding
Profile Joined November 2003
5195 Posts
May 28 2009 20:57 GMT
#84
I am usually comfortable with eating meat, but occasionally I am suddenly overcome with a sense of disgust. Such feelings are ephemeral, however.
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
May 28 2009 20:57 GMT
#85
On May 29 2009 04:08 GrandInquisitor wrote:
I still eat milk, eggs, and meat. But I'm not proud of it.

this made me lol
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-28 20:59:43
May 28 2009 20:59 GMT
#86
On May 29 2009 05:53 Diomedes wrote:
The average western human already eats way too much protein.

Show nested quote +
Vegetarians are the way they are for one of these reasons, some believe it is more healthy, some are just pro life, blah blah.


I am not 'pro life'. Yet I am a vegetarian. Do you really thing that if you ask a vegetarian "If you were a tiger, what would you do?" they will mostly answer "starve."



How much does the average western human eat per day in grams of protein?

What is the average, or normal consumption amount of protein per day for a human?
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
May 28 2009 20:59 GMT
#87
What's life without wants?
Diomedes
Profile Joined March 2009
464 Posts
May 28 2009 20:59 GMT
#88
Aegraen, make a ghost account if you want to trick me into answering your questions.
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
May 28 2009 21:01 GMT
#89
On May 29 2009 05:39 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2009 05:31 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:22 King K. Rool wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:20 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:17 King K. Rool wrote:
Bolded is exactly why I'm not swayed at all from your arguments. I like to eat meat hence I endorse these methods.


You can like to do something while not supporting the harmful effects of it, you know. Liking the way meat tastes does not justify animal cruelty and ecological degradation.

Unless you can get me a better rate with a better method, I'll be supporting this.


If you're honest about the fact that you don't give a shit where your food comes from as long as it's 'efficient,' then go ahead and keep eating it i guess? One might say such a view point is morally questionable, but you don't seem to care


As I said before, it's only 'morally' questionable in the eyes of those who see animals on the same plain as humanity. We are not equals.


Then this is where we fundamentally disagree. Humans behave differently than other animals, but I don't believe that this places us on some different 'level.' There is no arbitrary ladder of life with humans at the top.
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
May 28 2009 21:03 GMT
#90
On May 29 2009 05:44 MoltkeWarding wrote:
Logic is not an anchor but a link.

For vegetarian religions: Hinduism, Buddhism




No i mean. Why do you suppose the only argument against eating meat could be religion?

How is logic not an anchor. Stop claiming stuff like you are some sort of supreme being and prove stuff.
Moderator<:3-/-<
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
May 28 2009 21:03 GMT
#91
On May 29 2009 06:01 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2009 05:39 Aegraen wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:31 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:22 King K. Rool wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:20 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:17 King K. Rool wrote:
Bolded is exactly why I'm not swayed at all from your arguments. I like to eat meat hence I endorse these methods.


You can like to do something while not supporting the harmful effects of it, you know. Liking the way meat tastes does not justify animal cruelty and ecological degradation.

Unless you can get me a better rate with a better method, I'll be supporting this.


If you're honest about the fact that you don't give a shit where your food comes from as long as it's 'efficient,' then go ahead and keep eating it i guess? One might say such a view point is morally questionable, but you don't seem to care


As I said before, it's only 'morally' questionable in the eyes of those who see animals on the same plain as humanity. We are not equals.


Then this is where we fundamentally disagree. Humans behave differently than other animals, but I don't believe that this places us on some different 'level.' There is no arbitrary ladder of life with humans at the top.
Argument over then I guess.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 28 2009 21:06 GMT
#92
On May 29 2009 05:55 Piy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2009 05:46 Aegraen wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:34 Piy wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:26 Aegraen wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:18 Piy wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:12 Aegraen wrote:

Do you realize that the costlier food is, the number of people starving increases? Whatever increases production, efficiency, and is generally called business practices, shouldn't be demonized unless of course you hold us as on equal grounds as the animals that populate the eco-systems around the globe.



You really don't have to hold people on equal grounds to animals to think this is retarded. I'm pretty sure you're just trolling, but whatever, I guess this is some peoples opinion.

So using your logic it's prefectly justifiable for me to buy a dog and kick it around because it's fun? Because you seem to place absolutely no worth on animal suffering whatsoever. I don't consider humanity equal with animals, but they're certainly close enough to be worthy of consideration. I just don't see any other way of looking at this argument rationally.


Did you read my second post in this thread? I urge to go back and re-read it then come back with something relevant to try and sling at me.


K, fair enough I'll respond to this. You say that animals shouldn't be treated badly outside of food production?

Well I think that you're being selective with your definition of suffering then. So we shouldn't treat animals poorly, but if we can treat them badly and make a profit thats fine. Wait, wut?

What if I was to rent out my dog and allow other people to kick it? thats giving me a profit, shame about the dog though.

But I can already see what you're thinking :p Thats not providing food for humanity. Of course I forgot we "need" to eat meat or we'll die of massive defficiencies. That explains how dead I am, and how dead my vegan friends are. Wait, wut?

Since you seem to appreciate that animals can suffer and that we should try and prevent their suffering in most cases, how can you justify intensively farming/killing animals when we don't need to? That just seems counter intuitive and baffles me.


Here, I'll explain this as simply as I can.

Food production needs to be streamlined, cost efficient, and ultimately whatever drives down the price of meat, is a good thing for humanity. The cheaper it is, the more available it becomes to a greater sect of humanity. I'm not sure you know this, but charities also buy food.

You also contradicted what I said in your first two paragraphs. You explicitly at least, in the first paragraph comprehended that I was talking about food production. Then in the next paragraph you somehow jump to dog kicking and profits, when I specifically laid out 'food production', IE not pets, nor wild animals that aren't being hunted. So, I'm confused if you understand what I'm saying or not.

It is in the best interest of humanity, to make food cheaper. Do you agree? If you arbitrarily raise food prices by regulation, and cut off unfortunate people from food, they otherwise could have afforded, how in any sense of morality do you justify yourself over me. You see, I'll say this again. I put humanity above animals. If an animals death causes its suffering, yet, the end product being cheaper than if we were to, say, minimize their pain at death which would increase the price, but in the process that increase of food caused one person to starve to death somewhere in the world because of the increased costs to say The Red Cross so they couldn't purchase as much do you still feel morally justified?

So, demonize me all you want. Feel superior. Fine and dandy. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

To your last point. I don't place totalitarian restrictions on what people can, and cannot eat. If you want to do that, I would wager North Korea would be more suitable if you can wiggle your way into government?


Heres the thing though. You talk about the need to streamline food production for the good of humanity, yet meat is such a massively ineffeicient type of food. Once again it looks as though you've presented an argument for not eating it.

I really don't appreciate the attempt to bring charities in there either, since it has nothing to do with anything anyway. But I can agree with you on one point. Driving down the cost of food is a good thing. But a good way to do that would be to increase the price of meat. Then more of that land could be used to grow other crops that would be able to feed more people.

So here's my problem spelled out more clearly:

Meat is inefficient. If we don't eat it we can still be perfectly healthy. You tip-toe around this point by constantly talking about the meat industry as though it's necessary to the survival of mankind and there's no point in imagining it didn't exist.

So I'd conclude that you just like eating meat and are trying to find a justification for doing so.


I'll let out a collective /sigh first, then explain.

Meat is not inefficient. I'm wondering how you came to this conclusion. On what basis do you propose this?

Cattle ranches are very, very, small in comparison to huge swaths of land for 'vegetable' production. A cow, which can feed huge quantities of people takes up the space that 15 or so potatoes does, or 10 or so heads of lettuce, etc. In actuality, crops are inefficient when you compare SQ. Milage per quantity of food produced. Have you ever lived in farmland? I'm from the South, I have.

I've been on ranches, inside cow barns, small town dairy production facilities, etc. The land it takes up is extremely small compared to the corn crops.

The price of food has everything to do with everything that goes along with food. Open your viewpoint. Do charities purchase food? Do food kitchens not serve meat? Does the Red Cross not transport food overseas? Is this food free? Do you think if the food was cheaper they could supply more? What ramifications does increase food prices have? Seriously, you need to think about all the possible angles.

I need no justification for eating meat. I like the way it tastes, and it supplies much needed nutrients and minerals. That, and humanity, was born as omnivores. Anyways, it seems you need a justification for the way you eat. I don't.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
May 28 2009 21:06 GMT
#93
Video was informative.

I try and select the dairy I purchase based on the company.. in Oregon we have lots of options to buy from places that do not treat their animals like that. That is the extent of my activism on the matter though.. I do not condone what they do there but I am not "up-in-arms" about it either.

I eat meat because it tastes delicious and provides healthy benefits. Sure I could get it from something else but I wouldn't be getting that taste.

I don't eat a lot of meat, I don't seek it out really.. but I don't really want to limit my options either.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 28 2009 21:08 GMT
#94
On May 29 2009 05:59 Diomedes wrote:
Aegraen, make a ghost account if you want to trick me into answering your questions.


I'm not tricking you at all. If you propose that we eat too much, then you can tell us how much it is we need to eat. If you can't answer that, then why do you think we should believe what you say?

Proof is in the pudding, no?
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 28 2009 21:10 GMT
#95
On May 29 2009 06:01 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2009 05:39 Aegraen wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:31 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:22 King K. Rool wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:20 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:17 King K. Rool wrote:
Bolded is exactly why I'm not swayed at all from your arguments. I like to eat meat hence I endorse these methods.


You can like to do something while not supporting the harmful effects of it, you know. Liking the way meat tastes does not justify animal cruelty and ecological degradation.

Unless you can get me a better rate with a better method, I'll be supporting this.


If you're honest about the fact that you don't give a shit where your food comes from as long as it's 'efficient,' then go ahead and keep eating it i guess? One might say such a view point is morally questionable, but you don't seem to care


As I said before, it's only 'morally' questionable in the eyes of those who see animals on the same plain as humanity. We are not equals.


Then this is where we fundamentally disagree. Humans behave differently than other animals, but I don't believe that this places us on some different 'level.' There is no arbitrary ladder of life with humans at the top.


Then I ask you. If you had to choose between a person living, or an animal living, where if you picked one or the other, the other would die. Which would you choose and why?
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
EarthServant
Profile Joined September 2006
United States106 Posts
May 28 2009 21:11 GMT
#96
On May 29 2009 05:43 CharlieMurphy wrote:
PETA are hypocritical terrorist supporters. I am not joking.
OP video is completely biased. Notice how all the footage is old and crappy? Because its not standard practice to abuse animals like that. A lot of that shit people went down for. And as far as the neck slicing and blood draining, that is the standard kosher (or jewish way) to kill animals. So blame the jews for that, lol. The more humane method is with things like a cattle prod which kills them instantly via electric shock.

I've got nothing wrong with vegetarians in general, but when they try to convert people they are just as bad as any other group. Most of them are just as uninformed or disinformed as anyone else because they only see these out of context old videos and base everything on that.


I am proud to eat meat, If suddenly the world died and reverted to the old hunter gatherer ways I would stay alive while you dumb vegetarians can turn pale-yellow and get more retarded from lack of proper nutrients in a human OMNIVORE diet.



I wanted to respond to this in my own way. I've been a vegan for the last 5 years, and I'm not a fan of PETA in particular, but I'd first like to note that the video footage is normally crappy and old looking not because it is old video, but because it was taken with crappy surveillance cameras. These cameras are known for bad images. It's not as if one of these factories is going to let you in there or act as they normally do with a full sized news or movie quality camera.

I also know that most of this treatment still occurs because I personally know people who have taken video like this at pig and chicken farms in the last several years. The way that we treat our food animals is horrific, and there are more than a few reasons that you should be concerned about this, and more than a few reasons that individuals work to convert others (I am not among these, I am definitely not active in the 'conversion' community, you could say).

First, I might note that when treated badly, animals produce specific hormones that are not good for their body, and probably also not good for ours. It is unknown to what extent these travel into our bodies. Plus, their cramped existence promotes disease and antibiotic use. These actually create stronger bacterial infections and increase the risk to the human population in general.

Further, the environmental impact of factory farming is huge. There was an excellent article on it a few years ago in the Rolling Stone. Pink sewage pits at the pig farm, friggin' disgusting.

There are health reasons for it as well, but I tend to focus on the environmental (antibiotics and superstrains of bacteria I consider environmental). I could personally give a rats ass about someones health, it is generally accepted that less meat consumption is probably optimal for health. The environmental issue is enough for me in trying to encourage conversion by any means possible. Toss in that 75% of all grain production in the US goes to feeding livestock (and the return calorie wise of grain to meat is negative), and that uses up lots of water and oil (oil for transportation & fertilizer, add in that most water in the US is used for agriculture), you have a major issue on your hands and lots of good reason to change habits and encourage others to do so.

The last and a very important reason to reduce meat consumption is the ethical one. I believe that it is important not to cause pain to other creatures - basically the golden rule, I don't want to experience pain, so I would do well to prevent causing pain to other beings. From what I understand of nervous systems, and biology in general, we are far more similar to animals than we are not, and therefore I find it necessary to include them as a subject of my ethical discussion. Of course, animals eat each other, but they do not have our mental capability, and lack the capacity toward logical, ethical discussion. Therefore, they have exemption. We, on the other hand, do not.

Damn you, Peter Singer.
benjammin
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2728 Posts
May 28 2009 21:12 GMT
#97
i'm not sure why people ITT think that just because you are concerned about the humane treatment of farm animals you are equating them to humans
wash uffitizi, drive me to firenze
EarthServant
Profile Joined September 2006
United States106 Posts
May 28 2009 21:15 GMT
#98
On May 29 2009 06:10 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2009 06:01 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:39 Aegraen wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:31 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:22 King K. Rool wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:20 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
On May 29 2009 05:17 King K. Rool wrote:
Bolded is exactly why I'm not swayed at all from your arguments. I like to eat meat hence I endorse these methods.


You can like to do something while not supporting the harmful effects of it, you know. Liking the way meat tastes does not justify animal cruelty and ecological degradation.

Unless you can get me a better rate with a better method, I'll be supporting this.


If you're honest about the fact that you don't give a shit where your food comes from as long as it's 'efficient,' then go ahead and keep eating it i guess? One might say such a view point is morally questionable, but you don't seem to care


As I said before, it's only 'morally' questionable in the eyes of those who see animals on the same plain as humanity. We are not equals.


Then this is where we fundamentally disagree. Humans behave differently than other animals, but I don't believe that this places us on some different 'level.' There is no arbitrary ladder of life with humans at the top.


Then I ask you. If you had to choose between a person living, or an animal living, where if you picked one or the other, the other would die. Which would you choose and why?


I would choose the animal to live, simply due to environmental reasons. Animals generally support and are an important part of the environment, where as humans are generally detrimental to that environment.

If I had a real choice, I would choose neither, or I would give my own life.
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
May 28 2009 21:17 GMT
#99
tens of millions of people are suffering from hunger around the world. I wonder how many of these people suffering from lack of food are also vegetarian. My hypothesis is 0


I also wonder this: are the majority of vegetarians from wealthy country and a stable income who never have to worry about not enough food in their daily lives? So they have enough time to worry about if it is moral to eat animals. My hypothesis is yes.
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
May 28 2009 21:17 GMT
#100
Like grinq said, I eat meat but not proud of it. If we were to stop killing animals for meat alltogether I would not object at all.

On the other hand I did cook an incredible steak this week which was just soooo good, I would definately miss that since steak is probably my favorite food in the world by far. At least it was a brand that lets cows wander outside on the plains in Ireland somewhere so I suppose it could be worse.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 90
Codebar 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65423
Bisu 3343
FanTaSy 1222
Stork 757
Rush 577
hero 236
Snow 211
firebathero 192
Mind 105
Free 76
[ Show more ]
Sharp 71
Sea.KH 68
Sexy 63
Pusan 50
ToSsGirL 43
Last 41
Trap 32
Bale 28
Mong 24
HiyA 21
Hm[arnc] 20
Rock 18
Aegong 17
Terrorterran 16
yabsab 16
zelot 14
Noble 13
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shine 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9583
Dendi911
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
fl0m2421
singsing2320
Liquid`RaSZi1392
B2W.Neo710
Beastyqt684
Mlord437
Happy396
Khaldor371
olofmeister328
KnowMe266
Hui .220
crisheroes120
Chillindude73
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony7
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV541
League of Legends
• Nemesis3989
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1324
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
19m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 19m
OSC
8h 19m
Replay Cast
8h 19m
OSC
21h 19m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.