• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:50
CEST 16:50
KST 23:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10019 users

WCG Ultimate Gamer: Tuesday 10pm (EST) WATCH IT - Page 123

Forum Index > General Forum
2917 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 146 Next
Rice
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1332 Posts
April 09 2009 08:05 GMT
#2441
On April 09 2009 15:39 -orb- wrote:
I have to give props to jamal for that line about matches being thrown and how he said that he wouldn't even want dante to lose like that.

Still, fuck that asshole. He's bad, and robert for some reason decided to carry him instead of taking him out like he discussed earlier with dante.

Also, ciji throwing the match was a really low blow. IMO if you end iwth only one kill, even if you were on the higher team for the real life challenge you should be in overall last place.

Also why the hell aren't they uploading to youtube anymore? They had HD eps on youtube before and it was great... now they only upload these low res bad-quality versions on hulu



eh I like jamal... he keeps it real and hes all about competition
Freedom will be defended at the cost of civil liberties.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
April 09 2009 09:05 GMT
#2442
On April 09 2009 16:32 groro wrote:
I guess before the final match Jamal talked with Robert about the possible throwing behind the cameras and therefore Robert decided to play serious. I don't like this throwing anyway. In this matter the format has some lacks or intentionally rather prefers drama > real skill, fair competition

The individual performance should have influence on the rankings too. Not only the group performance. Dante had just bad luck. In the reallife challenge he was the best in his group because he eliminated 2 while Jamal was mainly just camping and hiding till the end. If e.g in the irl challenge Dante would be 5th place because his team lost but he was still the best in it, the 4th place of the winning team would be with him on the losing team in the game challenge and he would be better with a difference more than one spot, he shouldn't be on the last place and people would think twice if its worth to throw matches and finish them with 1 frag because of personal rivalry.

Yeah I agree.
I don't like Dante so I'm not bummed at all that he left, but it wasn't really a fair way to go.
He was entirely screwed by the group selection.

Jamal does seem like a better gamer, his cockiness is an advantage. The way he used that rocket launcher and the way he smacked Dante over the head with the bomb. I don't think he's going to be easy to eliminate.

For those wondering, all the eps are up on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xTEARDROPZx

Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Spyfire242
Profile Joined March 2009
United States715 Posts
April 09 2009 09:11 GMT
#2443
Boring show without Geoff.
Entusman #55 Spyfire242!
Lunarion
Profile Joined February 2009
3 Posts
April 09 2009 11:31 GMT
#2444
Dante is actually a cool guy,he reminds me of me,so sad that he left.And Geoff left ~_~ . This show is nothing but pure drama,not real gaming skill...
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8923 Posts
April 09 2009 13:49 GMT
#2445
Looool @ Ciji 'throwing' the match. What a load of bull. Like it even matters to do 'shittier' on a team that is already doing shitty.

I thinking the old "I wasn't trying" excuse after getting raped is on about the same level as the "I was making a sandwich" or the "I was being felated by my girlfriend/your mother"

Zero integrity.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
d1v
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Sweden868 Posts
April 09 2009 16:15 GMT
#2446
On April 09 2009 22:49 Flaccid wrote:
Looool @ Ciji 'throwing' the match. What a load of bull. Like it even matters to do 'shittier' on a team that is already doing shitty.

I thinking the old "I wasn't trying" excuse after getting raped is on about the same level as the "I was making a sandwich" or the "I was being felated by my girlfriend/your mother"

Zero integrity.


I agree. Whether she was just noob at the game or intentionally threw the match, either of these two possibilities does not shed a good light on her. Personally, I wish that either Ciji or Chelsea face elimination asap, since they've been on the show for too long without having the actual skill (especially Chelsea)..
Adams Æbler
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
April 09 2009 18:41 GMT
#2447
Ya, the longer the show went on the more respect I started gaining for Dante and the less for Ciji. I really wished Jamal was out though because I do think that Dante was a much funner person to have in the house and also I thought he was overall more proficient in the real life challenges and also the isolation challenges. In most of the real life challenges he seemed pretty adept at what he did and was quite good in the Halo challenge. I don't see why people don't Ciji as more of an enemy, she seems to be the type to backstab and be very treacherous, throwing games and stuff, etc. Amy is my favorite player after that Halo challenge! She's definitely the most mature out of all the gamers.
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8923 Posts
April 09 2009 19:00 GMT
#2448
Yeah, Amy seems like a genuinely good person.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
d1v
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Sweden868 Posts
April 09 2009 20:02 GMT
#2449
Yeah, Amy really delivered in the last episode and she's quite mature and quiet, which I like. Although it sucks that Geoff is out, I will continue to watch the show, since I've got many hillarious moments out of it.
Adams Æbler
Rice
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1332 Posts
April 09 2009 20:13 GMT
#2450
jamals bomb punch kill was baller. how the HELL is chelsea skating by every episode shes bad at every game so far...
Freedom will be defended at the cost of civil liberties.
Rho_
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States971 Posts
April 09 2009 20:29 GMT
#2451
On April 10 2009 05:13 Rice wrote:
jamals bomb punch kill was baller. how the HELL is chelsea skating by every episode shes bad at every game so far...


Bad but not the worst, and she does decent in the RL challenges.
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
April 09 2009 21:17 GMT
#2452
Yeah imo the coolest gamers left are Amy and Swoozie. I'm a little worried about Amy for the basketball dunk challenge though... plus I think she said she doesn't play sports games. GL to her next episode lol.
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
April 09 2009 21:33 GMT
#2453
I'm finally starting to appreciate Amy. I noticed that her and Chelsea were cooking and cleaning (for everyone?). Bad manner from the others if that was really how it was the whole time. I had something else to say, but I forgot it. It was really clever and witty too
Force staff is the best item in the game.
Athena PMS
Profile Joined March 2009
United States44 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-09 23:13:37
April 09 2009 22:42 GMT
#2454
Actually, Swoozie and I cooked the most for everyone hehe, and thanks for your support guys! That means a lot to me.

I am not by any means quiet by nature and certainly have my faults (I am actually known to be very aggressive. loud and passionate), but I absolutely abhor drama (this is probably due to the constant bombardment of it in my very large clan lol). Anyway, I wasn't the boss of these people and didn't have any control over them and we couldn't really walk away- so it was either try to stay out of the way and not get sucked in or get into an argument with people. Something I really didn't want to do as I had enough to worry about in this house!
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
April 09 2009 22:56 GMT
#2455
On April 10 2009 05:13 Rice wrote:
jamals bomb punch kill was baller. how the HELL is chelsea skating by every episode shes bad at every game so far...


Use your head kids.

If I was in a competition for 100 grand I'd want to keep her around as long as possible. These people should be looking to take Robert and swoozie out ASAP if they have any desire to win.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
Rice
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1332 Posts
April 09 2009 23:00 GMT
#2456
On April 10 2009 07:56 ManaBlue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2009 05:13 Rice wrote:
jamals bomb punch kill was baller. how the HELL is chelsea skating by every episode shes bad at every game so far...


Use your head kids.

If I was in a competition for 100 grand I'd want to keep her around as long as possible. These people should be looking to take Robert and swoozie out ASAP if they have any desire to win.


yeah but im just shocked she hasnt got last yet
Freedom will be defended at the cost of civil liberties.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
April 09 2009 23:04 GMT
#2457
Pulling for Swoozie I guess.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Athena PMS
Profile Joined March 2009
United States44 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-09 23:39:03
April 09 2009 23:24 GMT
#2458
Ok get ready for my book in defense of Chelsea!! Luckily, I wrote this last night on my own forums when someone said something about her. I apologize in advance for the BOOK (please don't kill me):

Actually I couldn't disagree with you more about Chelsea. Other then PGR she has had a strong showing on the physical competitions and as a PC player the only GAME she was hindered in was Halo 3 so far as it was the only game that used a controller.

I don't remember the actual scores but I know she scored around 95% if not higher on Rock Band (she was vocals but can still play the instruments too). This game is ridiculous to try rank people due to the different instruments being used (drums are hardest) and vocals easiest (for most I should say).

However it placed her 6/12 so she that means was on the second place team. These rankings were NOT based on how well you did against everyone EXCEPT within your team. The over all team were awarded the top points (9-12), bottom team low points (1-4), etc.

This is perfectly illustrated with Robert coming in second to LAST in the game even though he was arguably the best Rock Band player in that house by playing the hardest instruments (drums) and scored over a 95%, while quite a few others scored below 90% (if not lower...)

Even though they her rank was 9/11 (mine was actually 10th) on VF5 she failed to pass the third level with all BUT two of the gamers that did pass it. Really very equal with the majority here.

She took 7/10 on PGR. Not strong but not bottom either. I am right above her.

She took a strong 3rd on DDR and didn't even play that game. I can tell you this is not one you can just "pick" up unless your a natural at it.

And Halo was her only true weak showing thus far, but I ask that you guys remember way back when when you FIRST picked up a controller to play and xbox fps (if you ever have). I remember it clearly and it was very funny running around looking at the sky lol...

But point being, she hasn't been last in any game and only came close to last in Halo.
I would also not be woman enough if I didn't admit that she is the top ranking female over all, in game, AND in the physical challenges thus far. Her over all rating is 5th in the house.

Anyway, these rankings are not and should not be viewed at face value. I can just assure you and say she shocked the crap out of me at how well she did do, and I am glad for the PC gamers that they leveled out the playing field with the non controller peripherals for the games!

Everyone in that house has weaker showing at one game or another, (by weaker I mean not in the top 3)this was hers only one so far. Even though I haven't come in last yet either, I'll gladly illustrate my weaker showings on VF5 (which I was lucky enough to save face on) AND DDR in which I sucked monkey balls at.

I did come in top 3 on Rock Band- which I did the easiest thing: vocals and really the rankings on this game was very random! An the other was my overall Halo ranking which playing with everyone I feel was deserved. I should have technically went higher if they went with over all individual scores instead of the same team ranking numbers they did in the other game.

In truth there is one gamer in that house that has yet to score a top 3 finish on an actual game (even though I know they could have but excluding the way the game was set up), and the only one to go so far that DID take a top 3 was Alyson in VF5 =P

I also think it is also reasonable to say that the ones that left the house WOULD have taken a top 3 as well when their genres came up.

My point of this book being: I really felt they all deserved to be there. We were all tested, all passed, and dealt with a lot in the way the games were set up and scored.
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-09 23:46:25
April 09 2009 23:44 GMT
#2459
On April 10 2009 08:24 Athena PMS wrote:
Ok get ready for my book in defense of Chelsea!! Luckily, I wrote this last night on my own forums when someone said something about her. I apologize in advance for the BOOK (please don't kill me):

Haha, this is not a book by our standards. Shiverfish posts here. Oh, and I guess there was authonomy, but I won't get into that....

edit: I guess I can't really joke about 'book' posts without admitting that one of my OP's takes several hours to read.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
April 10 2009 01:12 GMT
#2460
I'm not trying to come down on Chelsea or talk about who deserves what.

I'm just saying, if you asked me to play a random game against a person on the cast of that show and I had to go on the information I've gotten from watching and reading forum material, I would pick Chelsea instantly, including all of the previously eliminated players.

It goes without saying that I would avoid Robert at all costs. The kid seems to be good at everything.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 146 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5566
Bisu 2685
Soulkey 1667
Jaedong 764
EffOrt 605
Mini 502
Horang2 429
Larva 354
ZerO 298
actioN 264
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 248
Yoon 125
Mind 92
Dewaltoss 82
Sea.KH 78
Snow 70
Barracks 68
Sharp 68
sorry 68
hero 67
Shinee 65
Pusan 58
Hyun 45
Bale 38
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
Rock 14
NaDa 13
Noble 11
Terrorterran 10
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5387
qojqva2453
Dendi1164
420jenkins94
Counter-Strike
fl0m2119
Fnx 611
x6flipin161
Other Games
hiko940
B2W.Neo735
Liquid`RaSZi597
Lowko369
crisheroes306
DeMusliM258
XBOCT207
Hui .205
Livibee196
Liquid`VortiX170
QueenE93
Mew2King50
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• mYiSmile114
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV701
League of Legends
• Nemesis2873
• Jankos1944
• TFBlade404
Other Games
• Shiphtur260
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 11m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.