• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:09
CEST 08:09
KST 15:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9390 users

WCG Ultimate Gamer: Tuesday 10pm (EST) WATCH IT - Page 125

Forum Index > General Forum
2917 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 146 Next
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
April 10 2009 07:23 GMT
#2481
On April 10 2009 15:01 Athena PMS wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On April 10 2009 11:14 CDRdude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2009 10:28 Athena PMS wrote:
[delicious statistics/math]

I like the numbers, but I don't quite understand all of the context here. Your numbers are all from 0 to 1, whereas all of the rankings are from 1 to n, where n is the number of gamers remaining. Did you take rank/n, and then average that? I assume that lower numbers indicate better performance, but I should check that.


Yes the lower the better in my equation as higher denominates a lower ranking.

I believe it is essentially this in Mathematical Terms although please forgive me as I used excel so am not sure if I can write it correctly. Also, my degree had little to do with math lol!

G=Gamer
TP= Total Gamer/Teams in Physical Challenge
TI= Total Gamer/Teams in Isolation Challenge
P= Physical Challenge Placement
I= Isolation Challenge Placement
N=Total Average of Physical/Isolation Challenge

An average is found by finding the sum of a list of numbers and dividing by the number of items on that list. So to find our average the number of items would translate to how many gamers were competing.

IF (G/TP=P) and (G/TI=I)

THEN:

I+P
---------- =N
2

I then took the cumulative averages from each game week and averaged them to get the total. does that make sense? I hope so, cause it does in excel hehe! If some amazing mathematician is out there I can provide even more variables that really should factor in (the changing amounts competing individually and in 2 and 4 man teams), in the equation, but alas I do not have the know how!

And yes Jeff, you and your peeps certainly sucked me in here. I love to hear the unfiltered thoughts of communities outside my own and maybe even change a opinion or two sometimes hehe. Even though I have had negative comments, I take them with a grain of salt, and sometimes I even contemplate on them. It helps you grow =P

Thanks for introducing me, although I am really anticipating someone telling me to STFU soon lol!


I'm getting interested in this, and I'll hopefully get back to you in the morning. My intuition was that your initial assumption might not be correct, but then I realized that I don't fully understand your assigned value of 'G'. Your description just says that G = Gamer, but I don't quite understand what the value of the number would be. Is it a calculated value, or am I missing something?
Force staff is the best item in the game.
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
April 10 2009 12:15 GMT
#2482
Geoff, you need to add your info on the imdb page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1368488/ haha.
"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
d1v
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Sweden868 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-10 15:37:24
April 10 2009 15:34 GMT
#2483
On April 10 2009 11:42 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I can't help but to be proud that I have Athena/StarSlay3r here and my gf with 500 posts additionally I happen to know _at least_ jamal lurks this forum.

And people say I don't contribute


Jamal, if you read this: I hope for more BM, you're absolutely hilarious!
Adams Æbler
Athena PMS
Profile Joined March 2009
United States44 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-10 19:05:21
April 10 2009 18:18 GMT
#2484

I'm getting interested in this, and I'll hopefully get back to you in the morning. My intuition was that your initial assumption might not be correct, but then I realized that I don't fully understand your assigned value of 'G'. Your description just says that G = Gamer, but I don't quite understand what the value of the number would be. Is it a calculated value, or am I missing something?


I see what you mean, I should have said G = Gamer/Team. =P

Essentially, I had to to divide the gamer or team, with the TOTAL amount of gamers or teams (note the plural) in order to get a more accurate average as it was not a set value and fluctuated each challenge between individuals, 2 man, and 4 man teams. I hope this helps and please do share if you find any errors or a better way to solved the problem. ^^
FaZ-
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States191 Posts
April 10 2009 21:37 GMT
#2485
On April 10 2009 13:42 CDRdude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2009 12:41 FaZ- wrote:
Anyone who would BM in a match like that isn't a real gamer, so definitely a no on Jamal...

Have you ever played Halo? Have you ever even heard of Halo? That is the epitome of Halo, right there. If someone asked me to define Halo, I'd point at that clip of Jamal T-bagging Dante, and say "that's it, right there".


Gloating over a victory is just weak to me, I don't care whether it's intramural soccer or a MSL final. I hope there's console gamers out there who would take offense at you saying that.


Anyway, I don't know what the hell the next games are going to be, besides the basketball one. Maybe that's a strategy to get us to watch? =o
ahole-surprise
Profile Joined August 2007
United States813 Posts
April 10 2009 21:43 GMT
#2486
Kind of late on this, but goddamn Alyson had one hell of a rack and a great body in general. Really sad to see her go.

Jamal and Dante deserve each other.

Anyone get the feeling Rob put Dante into a feeling of complacency, making him think he was going to throw the game? Maybe Rob thought Dante was a bigger threat? Because strategically, this was a golden opportunity for Rob to eliminate a top contender.
Pulp can move, baby!
d1v
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Sweden868 Posts
April 10 2009 23:21 GMT
#2487
On April 11 2009 06:43 ahole-surprise wrote:
Kind of late on this, but goddamn Alyson had one hell of a rack and a great body in general. Really sad to see her go.

Jamal and Dante deserve each other.

Anyone get the feeling Rob put Dante into a feeling of complacency, making him think he was going to throw the game? Maybe Rob thought Dante was a bigger threat? Because strategically, this was a golden opportunity for Rob to eliminate a top contender.


Well, Dante placed first two times, he sure was the stronger contender than Jamal, when it comes to the elimination-room. On the other hand, Rob knew that Dante would not easily cross on him.
Adams Æbler
Midnight)Sun
Profile Joined January 2003
United States256 Posts
April 11 2009 02:56 GMT
#2488
Preview of next week's episode is up:



Spud Webb, Lisa Leslie and Darryl Dawkins as guest judges?!
Rice
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1332 Posts
April 11 2009 03:10 GMT
#2489
throwing the match is really fucking lame and it would be a horrible way for anyone to go home. Jamals BM is more joking and all in good fun he doesnt wish any harm on these people.
Freedom will be defended at the cost of civil liberties.
Koldblooded
Profile Joined July 2006
United States661 Posts
April 11 2009 03:17 GMT
#2490
On April 11 2009 11:56 Midnight)Sun wrote:
Preview of next week's episode is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZyVkuuN9xg

Spud Webb, Lisa Leslie and Darryl Dawkins as guest judges?!


spud webb is a fucking pimp
By.Flash fighting
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
April 11 2009 04:10 GMT
#2491
Really good episode though I was hoping Jamal would leave instead of Dante!
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
April 11 2009 15:59 GMT
#2492
damn i feel bad for dante -- getting into elimination because of shitty teams and getting eliminated because of shitty teams

oh well, swoozie still gonna take it all imo
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
djWHEAT
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States925 Posts
April 12 2009 14:17 GMT
#2493
Wish I would have found this sooner!

Someone mentioned that the WCG set looked better than the CGS set. And it does. However, You'll find it ironic and perhaps a bit funny to learn that it's the SAME SET. When CGS had it's fire sale apparently the production company scooped it up (and probably got an awesome deal too).

I wanted to also let fans who are following the show know that I've been interviewing the contestant who's booted from the show each week on my pro-gaming show, Live On Three.

I can't believe you guys didn't see the Geoff interview but if not here is the list for you guys:

JD: http://www.djwheat.tv/2009/03/19/live-on-three-e07-double-header-part-1/
Kelly (MrsViolence): http://www.djwheat.tv/2009/03/20/live-on-three-e08-double-header-part-2/
Alyson: http://www.djwheat.tv/2009/03/28/live-on-three-e09-gdc-alyson/
Geoff: http://www.djwheat.tv/2009/04/03/live-on-three-e10-mlg-geoff/
Dante: http://www.djwheat.tv/2009/04/10/live-on-three-e11-sk-dante/

Big thanks to the contestants and WCG for making those interviews possible.

And it's nice to see TL supporting the show.
OneMoreGame.tv // Weapon Of Choice // Kings Of Tin // Inside The Game // Live On Three
Xenixx
Profile Joined June 2008
United States538 Posts
April 12 2009 14:53 GMT
#2494
Between Kelly and Ciji considering throwing her game for him, I don't get it. Any theories?


an actual quote from a real life nerd
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
April 12 2009 15:56 GMT
#2495
On April 12 2009 23:17 djWHEAT wrote:
Wish I would have found this sooner!

Someone mentioned that the WCG set looked better than the CGS set. And it does. However, You'll find it ironic and perhaps a bit funny to learn that it's the SAME SET. When CGS had it's fire sale apparently the production company scooped it up (and probably got an awesome deal too).

I wanted to also let fans who are following the show know that I've been interviewing the contestant who's booted from the show each week on my pro-gaming show, Live On Three.

I can't believe you guys didn't see the Geoff interview but if not here is the list for you guys:

JD: http://www.djwheat.tv/2009/03/19/live-on-three-e07-double-header-part-1/
Kelly (MrsViolence): http://www.djwheat.tv/2009/03/20/live-on-three-e08-double-header-part-2/
Alyson: http://www.djwheat.tv/2009/03/28/live-on-three-e09-gdc-alyson/
Geoff: http://www.djwheat.tv/2009/04/03/live-on-three-e10-mlg-geoff/
Dante: http://www.djwheat.tv/2009/04/10/live-on-three-e11-sk-dante/

Big thanks to the contestants and WCG for making those interviews possible.

And it's nice to see TL supporting the show.


sometimes the video links don't work :[
Life?
anTi_
Profile Joined October 2008
United States499 Posts
April 12 2009 16:11 GMT
#2496
Sup wheat, I've been watching all the wcg ultimate gamer lo3 shows, it's good. I felt completely different about dante after hearing that interview with him. Slasher has posted on this thread so I'm surprised he didn't tell you about it. Keep up the good work Wheat, and I hope you can get more starcraft coverage on there. I'm also hyped to see you guys talking about getting gootecks on the show.
www.thevapeapes.com
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
April 14 2009 00:48 GMT
#2497
i have to strongly disagree with this weeks game. it's clear that EA is just using WCG to market their own game rather than showing the true side of esports. hell, it's even strategically timed so that the NBA live show airs the week that the NBA playoffs begin. i realize that television is all about marketing (Cheez-It anyone?) and that i'm just a big crybaby but i wish esports could be viewed as a legitimate enterprise, as it is in korea.
The Show of a Lifetime
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
April 14 2009 01:10 GMT
#2498
On April 14 2009 09:48 Terranist wrote:
i have to strongly disagree with this weeks game. it's clear that EA is just using WCG to market their own game rather than showing the true side of esports. hell, it's even strategically timed so that the NBA live show airs the week that the NBA playoffs begin. i realize that television is all about marketing (Cheez-It anyone?) and that i'm just a big crybaby but i wish esports could be viewed as a legitimate enterprise, as it is in korea.


This is a new topic that has not yet been covered in this thread.
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
April 14 2009 01:46 GMT
#2499
On April 14 2009 10:10 GGQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2009 09:48 Terranist wrote:
i have to strongly disagree with this weeks game. it's clear that EA is just using WCG to market their own game rather than showing the true side of esports. hell, it's even strategically timed so that the NBA live show airs the week that the NBA playoffs begin. i realize that television is all about marketing (Cheez-It anyone?) and that i'm just a big crybaby but i wish esports could be viewed as a legitimate enterprise, as it is in korea.


This is a new topic that has not yet been covered in this thread.


\_/ <- my care cup
The Show of a Lifetime
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
April 14 2009 02:16 GMT
#2500
On April 14 2009 10:46 Terranist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2009 10:10 GGQ wrote:
On April 14 2009 09:48 Terranist wrote:
i have to strongly disagree with this weeks game. it's clear that EA is just using WCG to market their own game rather than showing the true side of esports. hell, it's even strategically timed so that the NBA live show airs the week that the NBA playoffs begin. i realize that television is all about marketing (Cheez-It anyone?) and that i'm just a big crybaby but i wish esports could be viewed as a legitimate enterprise, as it is in korea.


This is a new topic that has not yet been covered in this thread.


\_/ <- my care cup



.......\~~~~/
........\....../
.........\..../
~~~~~\_/~~~~~

HOLY SHIT MINE IS OVERFLOWING
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 146 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 193
ProTech137
Nina 100
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 218
Dewaltoss 114
Bale 38
ZergMaN 24
Noble 13
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 721
Other Games
summit1g9800
Sick189
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick839
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 45
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2184
League of Legends
• Lourlo1122
• Rush1047
• Stunt209
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 52m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 52m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 52m
Replay Cast
16h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.