• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:49
CEST 16:49
KST 23:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10029 users

WCG Ultimate Gamer: Tuesday 10pm (EST) WATCH IT - Page 110

Forum Index > General Forum
2917 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 146 Next
Kennelie
Profile Joined December 2007
United States2296 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-01 15:42:59
April 01 2009 15:42 GMT
#2181
^^^^^^ROFLMAO!!!! @fatkidDDR

Edit: Fail post.
ya had ya shot kid!
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
April 01 2009 16:58 GMT
#2182
On April 01 2009 22:10 SnowFalling wrote:
Seriously, what show about gaming (that takes itself seriously) has a game like dance dance revolution? Huh? Shit show that should feature some games that people actually compete in


http://us.wcg.com/games

this is what i dont' get

ddr is not even on the list for WCG games list.
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
Athena PMS
Profile Joined March 2009
United States44 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-01 17:19:22
April 01 2009 17:17 GMT
#2183
Trust me when I say I was was just as bummed as Geoff when they announced this game, I was like WTF another music sync game? But, I also understand that they wanted games that didn't involve people just staring at a screen and holding a controller for the viewing audience. Hence why you notice none of the games so far have been played the way we would be playing them except the music sync games which default with a different peripheral. They wanted games they thought would be most engaging to a general and casual audience.

To those that say they aren't going to watch anymore, while I admire your support of Geoff as you should be for him, it must be said that this show is already being whispered about for season 2. You might not agree with the structure but this show is representing competitive gaming, even if it doesn't live up the ideals we have about it. It is still a competition and it will still bring more money to this industry and sport.

Frankly any attention to competitive gaming and players is good for everyone and at least is is mainstream exposure to something we all care about. Hopefully they will learn and make the next one better if it happens, hell I would have loved PC to be thrown in this too as I play both (and I heard this mentioned). I feel it is important that gamers from all different games and backgrounds take this opportunity when it comes around as it truly was the craziest, embarrassing, and rewarding experience for all of us. I really hope some of you get that same opportunity.

Oh and thanks for your kind words Anna, it doesn't bother me what people say about me as I have heard anything that can be said for years now. I do appreciate you sticking up for me though! =P
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
April 01 2009 17:28 GMT
#2184
On April 02 2009 02:17 Athena PMS wrote:
They wanted games they thought would be most engaging to a general and casual audience.


Hello counter strike? hello starcraft? hell if they have a pro league it must be entertaining to watch.
well now that im off my fan boy starcraft wagon.

I guess i can see why they chose ddr, but its more of an arcade thing to do when you go bowling ect. WCG has never had it as a game, or anything from that genre. If they wanna bring attention to competitive games, then they really need to show competitive games. Its just really a downer that Geoff did not get to play in any of his strong games. I guess im really going to doubt that WCG is actually going to show a good rts game for a competition. Also Athena can you confirm that all the games are going to be xbox 360 console based.
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
Famehunter
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada586 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-01 17:39:03
April 01 2009 17:38 GMT
#2185
On April 02 2009 02:17 Athena PMS wrote:
You might not agree with the structure but this show is representing competitive gaming, even if it doesn't live up the ideals we have about it.

When I think e-sport, I think about something completely different then what you see in this show... What is there to e-sports in this show besides the candidates past history?
Velox Versutus vigilans
Luddite
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2315 Posts
April 01 2009 17:51 GMT
#2186
gg inc
Can't believe I'm still here playing this same game
Athena PMS
Profile Joined March 2009
United States44 Posts
April 01 2009 17:52 GMT
#2187
On April 02 2009 02:38 Famehunter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2009 02:17 Athena PMS wrote:
You might not agree with the structure but this show is representing competitive gaming, even if it doesn't live up the ideals we have about it.

When I think e-sport, I think about something completely different then what you see in this show... What is there to e-sports in this show besides the candidates past history?


Well see, that's the thing. This show wasn't made specifically for hardcore competitive gamers, it was was to attract a new audience- that of casual and non gamers who would never watch a pro tournament. While they do this to try to appeal to a larger mass of people and I can't stress enough that in the end to bring more attention to gaming and more people into this world is overall a win win situation for all of us that want to see gaming survive, thrive and grow into what we dream about.

This show can only help us in the end. Help bring attention, money, and more people through the door that will help grow this sport. Yes I understand what you see is not what professional gamers would consider a sport but I promise it will help YOU all in the end if it is successful and more seasons come. How many things created around this industry actually help and give power to the GAMERS on a mainstream level? Not many that I know.

Anyway, stepping off my soap box!
Sad[Panda]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States458 Posts
April 01 2009 18:08 GMT
#2188
On April 02 2009 00:42 Kennelie wrote:
^^^^^^ROFLMAO!!!! @fatkidDDR

Edit: Fail post.


Ive seen fat kids who are amazing at ddr...

also NOOOOOOOO GEOFF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
( O.O) ("\(t.t )/") ~ I'm just looking for someone to hug
Nylan
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States795 Posts
April 01 2009 18:16 GMT
#2189
More proof that the WCG is a crap company that doesn't know what it's doing. I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep watching, but this definitely does *not* represent eSports in a positive light. I'm not even sure if it portrays the games they show in a positive light.

GG Geoff, you almost managed a way out of there. Now go win WCG 2009 or something so you can train a future contestant (assuming this show shapes up and is worthy of a second season)
BeSt/Pure/Canata/Calm - I believe in Doh Jae Wook
Alizee-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States845 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-01 18:25:00
April 01 2009 18:20 GMT
#2190
no more geoff, not sure I'm gonna keep watching
ciji could of been a hero dt, fucked it up
and most importantly while some represented well and the show IS entertaining its fucking retarded if its promoting e-sports, now gaming? sure, but not e-sports. If the people don't like watching sc, wc3, cs, etc. they're never going to so either give them the real thing or don't do it at all, but its just a money maker from sci-fi for all the nerds that play xbox

a bunch of newbies running around with fake guitars and dance pads does not cut it... how stupid
Strength behind the Pride
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
April 01 2009 18:22 GMT
#2191
Damn no reason to finish watching the show now
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
April 01 2009 18:26 GMT
#2192
Wow, this was a great episode! All that drama.
random thoughts+ Show Spoiler +
  • Swoozie is a really good dancer (IRL). Everybody else ranged from meh to godawful.
  • Much as I dislike Jamal, I couldn't help smiling at his strip dance.
  • Interesting that Robert "can't tolerate alliances", considering that practically the first thing he did when he entered the house (in ep 1) was try to form an alliance.
  • I loved how Ciji's competitive soul overcame her scheming brain for control of her body.
  • We all know that the producers edit with a heavy hand on reality shows, but it's getting hard to make excuses for Jamal at this point. In mitigation, I think Dante was right: the strain of living in the house has begun to get to Jamal. In the first couple of episodes, he was just annoying, not full-out crazy/evil.
  • Dante is way too sensitive for his own good.

Before this episode, I was pulling for Geoff, Ciji, and Mark; fortunately, I didn't like how Inc came off on this episode, so by the time he was eliminated I didn't care anymore. I'm done rooting for Ciji too: I like her spunk, but her bitchiness outweighed it.

I'm replacing Ciji with Swoozie as my second rooting interest: he manages to stay laid-back despite the tense atmosphere (at least based on what we can see), and I thought it was pretty classy the way he picked himself for the elimination challenge. Not in the sense of noble, since clearly Geoff did not have a chance of winning that one, but it had style. Nobody expected that.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
April 01 2009 18:29 GMT
#2193
On April 02 2009 02:52 Athena PMS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2009 02:38 Famehunter wrote:
On April 02 2009 02:17 Athena PMS wrote:
You might not agree with the structure but this show is representing competitive gaming, even if it doesn't live up the ideals we have about it.

When I think e-sport, I think about something completely different then what you see in this show... What is there to e-sports in this show besides the candidates past history?


Well see, that's the thing. This show wasn't made specifically for hardcore competitive gamers, it was was to attract a new audience- that of casual and non gamers who would never watch a pro tournament. While they do this to try to appeal to a larger mass of people and I can't stress enough that in the end to bring more attention to gaming and more people into this world is overall a win win situation for all of us that want to see gaming survive, thrive and grow into what we dream about.

This show can only help us in the end. Help bring attention, money, and more people through the door that will help grow this sport. Yes I understand what you see is not what professional gamers would consider a sport but I promise it will help YOU all in the end if it is successful and more seasons come. How many things created around this industry actually help and give power to the GAMERS on a mainstream level? Not many that I know.

Anyway, stepping off my soap box!


Not all attention is good. There exists negative attention.

The show propagates existing gamer stereotypes to an alarming degree - this can only exacerbate the gaming community's social plight.

That being said, Swoozie and Geoff (and maybe Chelsea even though she annoys me) are fairly clean breaks from gamer archetypes...

but overall, I don't think this show does much to forward e-sports' image (or competitive gaming of any sort). Oh well.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
uNcontroLable
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1180 Posts
April 01 2009 18:34 GMT
#2194
On April 01 2009 19:31 CubEdIn wrote:
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, and I think iNc did really good, as a person, but it did seem fairly obvious that he was among the worst 'overall gamer' in that house. And this is probably because the games were all console-based so far. You can't expect an RTS player to do good at console games, or at least not as good as people who have been playing fighting/racing games since forever.

This would have been way more "balanced" if there were games like WC3/C&C or things like that, but it wouldn't fit in with the format of the show anyway.

so yeah... this 'ultimate gamer' thing is actually translated to 'best overall console player' USA.


Well, not only that, but all the console games so far have not been in Geoff's type. He plays console, but mostly fps, fighting, or like, rpg's for fun. These have all been super rhythm heavy or, like Amy said, with random peripherals. None of his strengths came up in the first four. He hates rhythm games usually, so I'd say he did pretty well to stay in as long as he did. It's a shame they picked off some of the good fps players so early...I would have loved to see Alyson in Halo.
* www.twitter.com/AnnaProsser * www.facebook.com/AnnaProsser * www.twitch.tv/AnnaProsser * www.youtube.com/annaprossertv *
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
April 01 2009 18:46 GMT
#2195
On April 01 2009 12:19 motbob wrote:
<LeperKahn> I might watch the last one or something
<LeperKahn> but I'm not gonna follow it
<vx70GTOJudgexv> It was a cheese
<LeperKahn> unscouted proxy bbs
<vx70GTOJudgexv> Fucking Swoozie proxyraxed

LOL
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
April 01 2009 19:11 GMT
#2196
On April 02 2009 03:34 uNcontroLable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2009 19:31 CubEdIn wrote:
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, and I think iNc did really good, as a person, but it did seem fairly obvious that he was among the worst 'overall gamer' in that house. And this is probably because the games were all console-based so far. You can't expect an RTS player to do good at console games, or at least not as good as people who have been playing fighting/racing games since forever.

This would have been way more "balanced" if there were games like WC3/C&C or things like that, but it wouldn't fit in with the format of the show anyway.

so yeah... this 'ultimate gamer' thing is actually translated to 'best overall console player' USA.


Well, not only that, but all the console games so far have not been in Geoff's type. He plays console, but mostly fps, fighting, or like, rpg's for fun. These have all been super rhythm heavy or, like Amy said, with random peripherals. None of his strengths came up in the first four. He hates rhythm games usually, so I'd say he did pretty well to stay in as long as he did. It's a shame they picked off some of the good fps players so early...I would have loved to see Alyson in Halo.


I was about to ask... what games (outside of SC) does Geoff even play? You say he plays those console games for fun... does he play any of them competitively?

Another thing I was wondering: did Geoff know the games that were going to be played in advance? If so, I see no excuse for practicing every game there. It doesn't matter if you don't like rhythm games, aren't good at them, or whatever, you're in a competition against others to win in the games. I know if I was selected for the show, I would have practiced every game there - and even if I didn't know the games, I would practice a wide variety.

About this show and e-sports, etc... I think the show will encourage some of the viewers to be more interested in professional gaming. I don't see this show as being detrimental to pro-gaming at all. I think too many of you are far too elitist about all this.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
April 01 2009 19:13 GMT
#2197
On April 02 2009 03:29 Last Romantic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2009 02:52 Athena PMS wrote:
On April 02 2009 02:38 Famehunter wrote:
On April 02 2009 02:17 Athena PMS wrote:
You might not agree with the structure but this show is representing competitive gaming, even if it doesn't live up the ideals we have about it.

When I think e-sport, I think about something completely different then what you see in this show... What is there to e-sports in this show besides the candidates past history?


Well see, that's the thing. This show wasn't made specifically for hardcore competitive gamers, it was was to attract a new audience- that of casual and non gamers who would never watch a pro tournament. While they do this to try to appeal to a larger mass of people and I can't stress enough that in the end to bring more attention to gaming and more people into this world is overall a win win situation for all of us that want to see gaming survive, thrive and grow into what we dream about.

This show can only help us in the end. Help bring attention, money, and more people through the door that will help grow this sport. Yes I understand what you see is not what professional gamers would consider a sport but I promise it will help YOU all in the end if it is successful and more seasons come. How many things created around this industry actually help and give power to the GAMERS on a mainstream level? Not many that I know.

Anyway, stepping off my soap box!


Not all attention is good. There exists negative attention.

The show propagates existing gamer stereotypes to an alarming degree - this can only exacerbate the gaming community's social plight.

That being said, Swoozie and Geoff (and maybe Chelsea even though she annoys me) are fairly clean breaks from gamer archetypes...

but overall, I don't think this show does much to forward e-sports' image (or competitive gaming of any sort). Oh well.


Ideally yes, but television doesn't work that way.

It's funny because our community has grown so much and the gaming industry continues to set new trends for the casual gamer by making it more interactive.

Unfortunately the executive producers don't understand that old classics like Counter Strike and Starcraft and be just as fun to watch.

Ask anyone who's been to the WCG and other conventions. SC:BW to the vast majority is more fun to watch than any other game.

Other gamers have admitted it.
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
Loophole
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States867 Posts
April 01 2009 19:48 GMT
#2198
Obviously.
"Fundamental preparation is always effective. Work on those parts of your game that are fundamentally weak." -Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
April 01 2009 20:32 GMT
#2199
I have been spoiled but is there a torrent ? o,o
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
April 01 2009 20:35 GMT
#2200
I've been spoiled too.. but i need a link to actually be able to watch the latest episode :I
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 146 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5566
Bisu 2685
Soulkey 1667
Jaedong 764
EffOrt 605
Mini 502
Horang2 429
Larva 354
ZerO 298
actioN 264
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 248
Yoon 125
Mind 92
Dewaltoss 82
Sea.KH 78
Snow 70
Barracks 68
Sharp 68
sorry 68
hero 67
Shinee 65
Pusan 58
Hyun 45
Bale 38
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
Rock 14
NaDa 13
Noble 11
Terrorterran 10
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5387
qojqva2453
Dendi1164
420jenkins94
Counter-Strike
fl0m2119
Fnx 611
x6flipin161
Other Games
hiko940
B2W.Neo735
Liquid`RaSZi597
Lowko369
crisheroes306
DeMusliM258
XBOCT207
Hui .205
Livibee196
Liquid`VortiX170
QueenE93
Mew2King50
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• mYiSmile114
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV701
League of Legends
• Nemesis2873
• Jankos1944
• TFBlade404
Other Games
• Shiphtur260
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 11m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.