• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:50
CEST 02:50
KST 09:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8996 users

UK Politics Mega-thread - Page 62

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 648 Next
In order to ensure that this thread meets TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we ask that everyone please adhere to this mod note.

Posts containing only Tweets or articles adds nothing to the discussions. Therefore, when providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments will be actioned upon.

All in all, please continue to enjoy posting in TL General and partake in discussions as much as you want! But please be respectful when posting or replying to someone. There is a clear difference between constructive criticism/discussion and just plain being rude and insulting.

https://www.registertovote.service.gov.uk
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
May 08 2015 08:29 GMT
#1221
This is pretty sad.
Conservatives have hobbled the UK's growth out of this recession with Austerity (see http://benjaminstudebaker.com/2015/05/02/britain-for-the-love-of-god-please-stop-david-cameron/) and the UK has decided to vote them back in, it's a shame.
And our system is idiotic.
Conservatives with 47% of the seats (at the moment) and 36% of the vote. I can't believe we turned down the electoral reform.
However, this was bound to happen. With Labour stronghold Scotland going to SNP and a lot of the LibDem seats going back to Tory, the victory wasn't really in too much question.
This is going to be a tough 5 years if you're not already well-off.
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
May 08 2015 08:37 GMT
#1222
On May 08 2015 17:29 Gowerly wrote:
This is pretty sad.
Conservatives have hobbled the UK's growth out of this recession with Austerity (see http://benjaminstudebaker.com/2015/05/02/britain-for-the-love-of-god-please-stop-david-cameron/) and the UK has decided to vote them back in, it's a shame.
And our system is idiotic.
Conservatives with 47% of the seats (at the moment) and 36% of the vote. I can't believe we turned down the electoral reform.
However, this was bound to happen. With Labour stronghold Scotland going to SNP and a lot of the LibDem seats going back to Tory, the victory wasn't really in too much question.
This is going to be a tough 5 years if you're not already well-off.

it's not like the snp prevented labour from getting a majority, even if all snp seats went to labour, they would still be far short of a majority.
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
May 08 2015 08:40 GMT
#1223
That's true, but it didn't help. I think a lot of people were expecting Lib Dem seats to switch to Labour, when in fact they went all the way to Tory.
Those two combined would have given Labour a much closer run if not a direct majority over the Conservatives.
But, media is media over here and Murdoch owns pretty much everything so we get all the lovely things like Telegraph readers getting letters being asked to vote Tory and the usual "LABOUR KILLED THE COUNTRY WITH THE MARKET CRASH" crap that people STILL believe.
I just hope the NHS survives the current run and that we don't ALL end up on Zero Hour Contracts.
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
May 08 2015 08:41 GMT
#1224
7 more to win for Conservatives!
Ed Miliband confirms (via sources) he is stepping down.

Oh nice day :D
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
May 08 2015 08:42 GMT
#1225
Nice to see ed stepping down I will admit
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
May 08 2015 08:44 GMT
#1226
it's funny how many people are complaining about FPTP and it screwing over the greens, but no mention of how ukip was hurt the most by it. double standards much?
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
May 08 2015 08:44 GMT
#1227
On May 08 2015 17:44 ahswtini wrote:
it's funny how many people are complaining about FPTP and it screwing over the greens, but no mention of how ukip was hurt the most by it. double standards much?

Indeed agree, UKIP would have had so many more seats, they are the 3 most voted party out of the whole of the UK (more than SNP) and have 1 seat so far lol
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-08 08:56:44
May 08 2015 08:49 GMT
#1228
On May 08 2015 17:44 ahswtini wrote:
it's funny how many people are complaining about FPTP and it screwing over the greens, but no mention of how ukip was hurt the most by it. double standards much?

It would definitely make it more interesting, although with Con + UKIP still at less than 50% I doubt they would get much done.
I can't see this being a particularly great few years, but then I'm not ridiculously wealthy, so that's to be expected.
Also I think the other Miliband would have been better for us this time around. I'm not particularly upset about Ed going away. Hopefully someone better can come in and do something good for the party this time.
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
mostevil
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom611 Posts
May 08 2015 08:57 GMT
#1229
On May 08 2015 16:41 KwarK wrote:
At least it's a majority government. I feel like this is the least bad of a number of options. Better than a Labour majority at this time, better than a coalition and hopefully with more devolution of powers the SNP won't cause too much trouble outside of Scotland.

Not sure about that, they're all individually unbalanced one way or another, coalitions can balance that a bit.
The SNP not causing trouble seems unlikely. They'll benefit from it either way, it's either "look at the free stuff we got you" or "we got screwed by the tories".
我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 08 2015 09:00 GMT
#1230
I'm glad for a Tory majority, but I don't like how the lib dems got crushed. That's really not a good thing imo
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
May 08 2015 09:02 GMT
#1231
On May 08 2015 18:00 marvellosity wrote:
I'm glad for a Tory majority, but I don't like how the lib dems got crushed. That's really not a good thing imo

Pretty easy reason why, they got the student vote last time with "vote for us no tuition fees" that did not happen at all. Then the SNP rise in Scotland wiped out the other seats, that is not their fault really its just how Scotland feels. Because they are a very confused nation right now.
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
May 08 2015 09:02 GMT
#1232
On May 08 2015 16:41 KwarK wrote:
At least it's a majority government. I feel like this is the least bad of a number of options. Better than a Labour majority at this time, better than a coalition and hopefully with more devolution of powers the SNP won't cause too much trouble outside of Scotland.

I strongly believe that a Labour majority (or pretty much any non-UKIP majority) would be better than this.
Austerity measures have just cripped our growth. We needed someone to come in and actually increase spending, even if it means borrowing. Every other country did and now all of their economies are in better shape.
Cameron made the wrong decision, hampering our chances at recovering out of this slump and he's being rewarded for it because people blame Labour for the crash in the first place.
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
Zaros
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom3692 Posts
May 08 2015 09:05 GMT
#1233
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/isabel-hardman/2015/05/labour-leadership-campaign-who-might-have-a-pop/
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-08 09:07:51
May 08 2015 09:05 GMT
#1234
OH WELL. VIDEOGAMES
I'd also like to petition so that everyone that voted Tory is banned from using the NHS for anything at all. You must now buy your own insurance.
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
May 08 2015 09:10 GMT
#1235
On May 08 2015 18:05 Gowerly wrote:
OH WELL. VIDEOGAMES
I'd also like to petition so that everyone that voted Tory is banned from using the NHS for anything at all. You must now buy your own insurance.

I have been paying private health insurance since i got a job as i have family in the NHS and they tell me everyday how bad it is

Also maybe we can raise a petition to counter yours and say all Labour voters are banned from having a credit card as they can't be trusted with borrowing money
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
May 08 2015 09:15 GMT
#1236
On May 08 2015 18:10 Pandemona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2015 18:05 Gowerly wrote:
OH WELL. VIDEOGAMES
I'd also like to petition so that everyone that voted Tory is banned from using the NHS for anything at all. You must now buy your own insurance.

I have been paying private health insurance since i got a job as i have family in the NHS and they tell me everyday how bad it is

Also maybe we can raise a petition to counter yours and say all Labour voters are banned from having a credit card as they can't be trusted with borrowing money

I don't think that quite works. It would be the Conservatives not having cards as Cameron is all about "Living within your means", whereas Labour is happy to borrow money to help boost the economy (which, if you'll have read the earlier post, is what got every other country out of their slumps much more effectively than Austerity).
Sorry you have such a bad run in with the NHS. I've never had it be anything less than exemplary.
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
May 08 2015 09:16 GMT
#1237
On May 08 2015 18:05 Gowerly wrote:
OH WELL. VIDEOGAMES
I'd also like to petition so that everyone that voted Tory is banned from using the NHS for anything at all. You must now buy your own insurance.

The NHS waiting list for the treatment I need is 4 years. Privately I could get it in 5 weeks and its better quality service and honestly not that expensive. I have no love for the NHS and would rather it be reformed but that'd be way too expensive to do so we kind of just have to deal with a really poor quality service.
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-08 09:19:07
May 08 2015 09:18 GMT
#1238
On May 08 2015 18:16 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2015 18:05 Gowerly wrote:
OH WELL. VIDEOGAMES
I'd also like to petition so that everyone that voted Tory is banned from using the NHS for anything at all. You must now buy your own insurance.

The NHS waiting list for the treatment I need is 4 years. Privately I could get it in 5 weeks and its better quality service and honestly not that expensive. I have no love for the NHS and would rather it be reformed but that'd be way too expensive to do so we kind of just have to deal with a really poor quality service.

Then I would suggest what you have is no love for a government that doesn't put any money into the NHS and would also be fixed by anyone that votes Tory not using it any more :D
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
May 08 2015 09:19 GMT
#1239
On May 08 2015 18:18 Gowerly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2015 18:16 Drazerk wrote:
On May 08 2015 18:05 Gowerly wrote:
OH WELL. VIDEOGAMES
I'd also like to petition so that everyone that voted Tory is banned from using the NHS for anything at all. You must now buy your own insurance.

The NHS waiting list for the treatment I need is 4 years. Privately I could get it in 5 weeks and its better quality service and honestly not that expensive. I have no love for the NHS and would rather it be reformed but that'd be way too expensive to do so we kind of just have to deal with a really poor quality service.

Then I would suggest what you have is no love for a government that doesn't put any money into the NHS and would also be fixed by anyone that votes Tory not using it any more :D

It could be scrapped for all I care as long as there is government regulations so private prices cannot become stupid like America
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
May 08 2015 09:22 GMT
#1240
On May 08 2015 18:19 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2015 18:18 Gowerly wrote:
On May 08 2015 18:16 Drazerk wrote:
On May 08 2015 18:05 Gowerly wrote:
OH WELL. VIDEOGAMES
I'd also like to petition so that everyone that voted Tory is banned from using the NHS for anything at all. You must now buy your own insurance.

The NHS waiting list for the treatment I need is 4 years. Privately I could get it in 5 weeks and its better quality service and honestly not that expensive. I have no love for the NHS and would rather it be reformed but that'd be way too expensive to do so we kind of just have to deal with a really poor quality service.

Then I would suggest what you have is no love for a government that doesn't put any money into the NHS and would also be fixed by anyone that votes Tory not using it any more :D

It could be scrapped for all I care as long as there is government regulations so private prices cannot become stupid like America

Any non-nationalised system would immediately become stupid like America. Most of their prices are simply because there are so many small groups buying their stuff individually.
They spend $500 Billion more than we do simply because they don't purchase as one entity.
Non-coincidentally, Medicare/Medicaid get the cheapest prices simply because they are the largest buyers.
Pretty much every developed country uses the same system we do, they just put more money into it than we do.
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 648 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft398
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14681
Hyuk 48
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
Doublelift4453
Other Games
summit1g8773
FrodaN3043
JimRising 622
KnowMe178
ViBE115
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King68
Trikslyr35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1320
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• davetesta12
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 10m
INu's Battles
11h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
Replay Cast
22h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.