• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8890 users

Reddit forum "Creepshots" shut down - Page 12

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 17 Next All
nanoscorp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1237 Posts
October 12 2012 22:30 GMT
#221
On October 13 2012 00:31 Dfgj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 00:27 PassiveAce wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:11 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:09 PassiveAce wrote:
I dont think that making someones body public is somehow less "wrong" then making someones address, name or phonenumber public.

I'd agree with you if making said body public included making them easily identifiable to the internet. That is (I'd hope) rarely the case.

It's creepy, but showing off a random person's appearance in public still invites less harm than making the details of their life public to others.

I guess I have to concede your second point. It is much easier to cause deliberate harm to someone with that kind of personal information then with a picture.

I still feel like that if your going to post embarrassing pictures of women on a public forum inhabited by teenagers with their dicks in their hands, then you should be prepared to be exposed yourself.

I'd accept that if the conditions were the same - ie: exposed in the same anonymous manner. It's a lot harder to harass a random photograph.


Isn't the photograph itself, in context, already harmful? Yes, getting a knee in the junk hurts more than getting your wrist grabbed by a stranger, but by grabbing you the stranger takes on the role of the aggressor, and should be prepared to face consequences.
Sassback
Profile Joined September 2012
United States718 Posts
October 12 2012 22:41 GMT
#222
Its a nice idea, but i agree with so many other people. I just don't see how they can stop this.
Every night I pray for TL to give me my SAD Boys flair, and every morning I wake up disappointed.
DigitalDevil
Profile Joined October 2011
219 Posts
October 13 2012 03:02 GMT
#223
On October 13 2012 06:57 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 06:41 DigitalDevil wrote:
On October 13 2012 06:34 Scufo wrote:
You're comparing internet pictures to murder. I am done arguing.

No, reread the post. I am not comparing murder to the situation at hand. I am merely using the concept of murder to demonstrate there exists an act widely considered to be unethical. This is brought up to counter your argument that people will be offended by everything and seemingly implying there should be no limits. I gave you a limit here.

That wasn't part of his argument. Being offended by something isn't a reason for it to be wrong. The proof is in the fact that something offends everyone, which would make everything wrong. For instance, murder offends people, but that's not part of the ethical structure that tells us murder is wrong.

Your bringing up murder as a "limit" isn't helpful either. What are you trying to reduce the discussion to? There exists something that is bad that's known as murder. If we could prove something were worse than murder, we'd know it was also beyond the limit. For instance, mass murder. But candid photography is nowhere near that line (which is not to say it is or isn't bad). So let's get back to Scufo's actual question: what's the actual harm here?

You guys are going off on a tangent about the meaning of the word "offended" and how I used the word semantically in my example. The point is not about people being "offended" making anything wrong. If you reread the context of the post where I used that word, I was trying to illustrate a point that what one person deems as not harmful is possibly very harmful to another person. Comparing it to being offended was merely a way to show how something can be relative. In this case, what is considered harmful is relative to the person. The possibility of how it can do harm has already been discussed in the previous pages and I am not going to rewrite the examples again. The "candid photography" here isn't used in an innocent and neutral context.

If you've been following my posts, then you would see that I am arguing that it is unethical because it is reasonably able to cause a decent amount of harm. Bringing up murder was simply to show the relationship between harm and ethics in which it seems likely you guys also agree it's manner of harming is unethical. That's what the idea of the "limit" is about. As in there is a reasonable line that people often can see a right and a wrong. There is a reasonable basis that the photos in this case can bring about harm. Therefore, they are also unethical. That line of argument is not arguing about degree. It doesn't concern itself with what issue is worse than another.
anycolourfloyd
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia524 Posts
October 13 2012 03:36 GMT
#224
in general i'm really for freedom of expression and i'm pretty liberal

but i have to say that i'm not really offended by the idea of some of those sketchy bastards on reddit having their personal details published. they have no legitimate reason to need to be anonymous (as opposed to somebody speaking out against their oppressive government or something). that's simply who they are as people. people should be accountable for who they are.

that's why i'm sickened by 4chan. it is the asshole of the internet. it brings out the worst in people. and it holds nobody accountable for being a piece of shit.
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
October 13 2012 03:43 GMT
#225
On October 13 2012 12:36 anycolourfloyd wrote:
in general i'm really for freedom of expression and i'm pretty liberal

but i have to say that i'm not really offended by the idea of some of those sketchy bastards on reddit having their personal details published. they have no legitimate reason to need to be anonymous (as opposed to somebody speaking out against their oppressive government or something). that's simply who they are as people. people should be accountable for who they are.

that's why i'm sickened by 4chan. it is the asshole of the internet. it brings out the worst in people. and it holds nobody accountable for being a piece of shit.


the internet in general brings out the worst in people because its anonymous
hihihi
dark0dave
Profile Joined November 2010
179 Posts
October 13 2012 04:04 GMT
#226
+ Show Spoiler +

On October 13 2012 12:43 askTeivospy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 12:36 anycolourfloyd wrote:
in general i'm really for freedom of expression and i'm pretty liberal

but i have to say that i'm not really offended by the idea of some of those sketchy bastards on reddit having their personal details published. they have no legitimate reason to need to be anonymous (as opposed to somebody speaking out against their oppressive government or something). that's simply who they are as people. people should be accountable for who they are.

that's why i'm sickened by 4chan. it is the asshole of the internet. it brings out the worst in people. and it holds nobody accountable for being a piece of shit.


the internet in general brings out the worst in people because its anonymous


It can also bring out the best in people. Look at the services that some people provide for FREE! Yes some parts are bad and yes it can be quite disturbing. But is reality any different? Is the world perfect?

Much Cake
What is dead may never die. BW forever.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
October 13 2012 04:09 GMT
#227
honestly, reddit has a whole bunch of fucked up subreddits that should be shut down.. like killingwomen and rapingwomen and beatingtrannies, shit is fucked up. and those fools that run reddit try to rid themselves of their responsibility to host their content on their pages by saying its the fault of the underage teen posting nudes, or the victim of the hate crime who is at fault for these subreddits.
since 98'
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
October 13 2012 04:54 GMT
#228
On October 13 2012 07:30 nanoscorp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 00:31 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:27 PassiveAce wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:11 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:09 PassiveAce wrote:
I dont think that making someones body public is somehow less "wrong" then making someones address, name or phonenumber public.

I'd agree with you if making said body public included making them easily identifiable to the internet. That is (I'd hope) rarely the case.

It's creepy, but showing off a random person's appearance in public still invites less harm than making the details of their life public to others.

I guess I have to concede your second point. It is much easier to cause deliberate harm to someone with that kind of personal information then with a picture.

I still feel like that if your going to post embarrassing pictures of women on a public forum inhabited by teenagers with their dicks in their hands, then you should be prepared to be exposed yourself.

I'd accept that if the conditions were the same - ie: exposed in the same anonymous manner. It's a lot harder to harass a random photograph.


Isn't the photograph itself, in context, already harmful? Yes, getting a knee in the junk hurts more than getting your wrist grabbed by a stranger, but by grabbing you the stranger takes on the role of the aggressor, and should be prepared to face consequences.

Arguable. It's not a picture of something you don't want people to see - it's taken in public. It's not a picture that you'll know about, or that will affect you (assumption). I wouldn't say it causes outright harm. I would say people have a right to be annoyed and ask for the removal of said pictures.
DigitalDevil
Profile Joined October 2011
219 Posts
October 13 2012 05:14 GMT
#229
On October 13 2012 13:54 Dfgj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 07:30 nanoscorp wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:31 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:27 PassiveAce wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:11 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:09 PassiveAce wrote:
I dont think that making someones body public is somehow less "wrong" then making someones address, name or phonenumber public.

I'd agree with you if making said body public included making them easily identifiable to the internet. That is (I'd hope) rarely the case.

It's creepy, but showing off a random person's appearance in public still invites less harm than making the details of their life public to others.

I guess I have to concede your second point. It is much easier to cause deliberate harm to someone with that kind of personal information then with a picture.

I still feel like that if your going to post embarrassing pictures of women on a public forum inhabited by teenagers with their dicks in their hands, then you should be prepared to be exposed yourself.

I'd accept that if the conditions were the same - ie: exposed in the same anonymous manner. It's a lot harder to harass a random photograph.


Isn't the photograph itself, in context, already harmful? Yes, getting a knee in the junk hurts more than getting your wrist grabbed by a stranger, but by grabbing you the stranger takes on the role of the aggressor, and should be prepared to face consequences.

Arguable. It's not a picture of something you don't want people to see - it's taken in public. It's not a picture that you'll know about, or that will affect you (assumption). I wouldn't say it causes outright harm. I would say people have a right to be annoyed and ask for the removal of said pictures.

A picture taken in public is not inherently bad and in general, people don't care. In this case, how that picture is being used is the issue. Maybe just maybe if the person who took the photo kept it to himself, then it would drastically minimize complaints because it's pretty much private and will never get out. It's very arguable that posting something onto a high traffic site like reddit or onto the internet in general can be considered negligible impact. I sure would not like to have a candid photo of myself even appearing on questionable websites. It's not even limited to the narrow scope of sexual issues. For example, I certainty don't want to have a photo of myself anywhere near a KKK affiliated site. I also don't want to have a photo of myself possibly used in an advertisement for a product I don't endorse (it's happened).
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
October 13 2012 05:17 GMT
#230
I came across this today and I thought it was funny. Oh reddit, you so crazy.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Microchaton
Profile Joined March 2011
France342 Posts
October 13 2012 11:51 GMT
#231
And fucking Adrian Chen did it. I hope the guy gets trampled by ultralisks. Not linking it, basically gawker released everything they could including spamming his name, where he works and his photos on an article. Disgusting.
Stormy
SilverWolfe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada173 Posts
October 13 2012 13:17 GMT
#232
As creepy and weird as it might seem to take pictures/post pictures of girls like this, it's really kind of unstoppable. There should probably be a law in place that says that you're not just allowed to arbitrarily take a picture of some girl's ass if she doesn't want you to, but as much as you might try to stop people, it's not going to stop. The person running the 'Predditors' site is basically waging a war against sex, which is always a losing war.
Terran Master Race: Mvp ByuN TaeJa aLive Maru Ryung SuperNoVa FlaSh Xellos firebathero ForGG BoxeR iloveoov FanTaSy Sea KeeN GanZi GuMiho StC ThorZaIN Happy MMA Marineking Clide TOP Sculp jjakji Virus Polt Goody Fenix Bomber. Zerg Mad, Protoss Jelly.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
October 13 2012 16:03 GMT
#233
On October 13 2012 14:14 DigitalDevil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 13:54 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 07:30 nanoscorp wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:31 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:27 PassiveAce wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:11 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:09 PassiveAce wrote:
I dont think that making someones body public is somehow less "wrong" then making someones address, name or phonenumber public.

I'd agree with you if making said body public included making them easily identifiable to the internet. That is (I'd hope) rarely the case.

It's creepy, but showing off a random person's appearance in public still invites less harm than making the details of their life public to others.

I guess I have to concede your second point. It is much easier to cause deliberate harm to someone with that kind of personal information then with a picture.

I still feel like that if your going to post embarrassing pictures of women on a public forum inhabited by teenagers with their dicks in their hands, then you should be prepared to be exposed yourself.

I'd accept that if the conditions were the same - ie: exposed in the same anonymous manner. It's a lot harder to harass a random photograph.


Isn't the photograph itself, in context, already harmful? Yes, getting a knee in the junk hurts more than getting your wrist grabbed by a stranger, but by grabbing you the stranger takes on the role of the aggressor, and should be prepared to face consequences.

Arguable. It's not a picture of something you don't want people to see - it's taken in public. It's not a picture that you'll know about, or that will affect you (assumption). I wouldn't say it causes outright harm. I would say people have a right to be annoyed and ask for the removal of said pictures.

A picture taken in public is not inherently bad and in general, people don't care. In this case, how that picture is being used is the issue. Maybe just maybe if the person who took the photo kept it to himself, then it would drastically minimize complaints because it's pretty much private and will never get out. It's very arguable that posting something onto a high traffic site like reddit or onto the internet in general can be considered negligible impact. I sure would not like to have a candid photo of myself even appearing on questionable websites. It's not even limited to the narrow scope of sexual issues. For example, I certainty don't want to have a photo of myself anywhere near a KKK affiliated site. I also don't want to have a photo of myself possibly used in an advertisement for a product I don't endorse (it's happened).

That's reasonable, but I don't think that this part of reddit is really considered a massively-trafficked area, and it's obvious that your picture there doesn't reflect on you (because it wasn't your choice).
Aulisemia
Profile Joined August 2011
United States123 Posts
October 13 2012 16:58 GMT
#234
Guess they found out Stephano was lurking around and had to shut it down before too much more damage was done...
The ponciest ponce that ever ponced past a poncing palour.
DigitalDevil
Profile Joined October 2011
219 Posts
October 13 2012 20:15 GMT
#235
On October 14 2012 01:03 Dfgj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 14:14 DigitalDevil wrote:
On October 13 2012 13:54 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 07:30 nanoscorp wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:31 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:27 PassiveAce wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:11 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:09 PassiveAce wrote:
I dont think that making someones body public is somehow less "wrong" then making someones address, name or phonenumber public.

I'd agree with you if making said body public included making them easily identifiable to the internet. That is (I'd hope) rarely the case.

It's creepy, but showing off a random person's appearance in public still invites less harm than making the details of their life public to others.

I guess I have to concede your second point. It is much easier to cause deliberate harm to someone with that kind of personal information then with a picture.

I still feel like that if your going to post embarrassing pictures of women on a public forum inhabited by teenagers with their dicks in their hands, then you should be prepared to be exposed yourself.

I'd accept that if the conditions were the same - ie: exposed in the same anonymous manner. It's a lot harder to harass a random photograph.


Isn't the photograph itself, in context, already harmful? Yes, getting a knee in the junk hurts more than getting your wrist grabbed by a stranger, but by grabbing you the stranger takes on the role of the aggressor, and should be prepared to face consequences.

Arguable. It's not a picture of something you don't want people to see - it's taken in public. It's not a picture that you'll know about, or that will affect you (assumption). I wouldn't say it causes outright harm. I would say people have a right to be annoyed and ask for the removal of said pictures.

A picture taken in public is not inherently bad and in general, people don't care. In this case, how that picture is being used is the issue. Maybe just maybe if the person who took the photo kept it to himself, then it would drastically minimize complaints because it's pretty much private and will never get out. It's very arguable that posting something onto a high traffic site like reddit or onto the internet in general can be considered negligible impact. I sure would not like to have a candid photo of myself even appearing on questionable websites. It's not even limited to the narrow scope of sexual issues. For example, I certainty don't want to have a photo of myself anywhere near a KKK affiliated site. I also don't want to have a photo of myself possibly used in an advertisement for a product I don't endorse (it's happened).

That's reasonable, but I don't think that this part of reddit is really considered a massively-trafficked area, and it's obvious that your picture there doesn't reflect on you (because it wasn't your choice).

Whether there's heavy traffic or not doesn't take away from the fact that it's still publicly accessible though. And even if it does not reflect on me, it doesn't mean everyone will necessarily give me the benefit of the doubt. It's similar to the idea of rumors. Even when they are not true, it can still cause people to wonder. Tell someone not to think about something and they will likely think about it.
SwiftSpear
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada355 Posts
October 14 2012 03:49 GMT
#236
On October 13 2012 13:09 LarJarsE wrote:
honestly, reddit has a whole bunch of fucked up subreddits that should be shut down.. like killingwomen and rapingwomen and beatingtrannies, shit is fucked up. and those fools that run reddit try to rid themselves of their responsibility to host their content on their pages by saying its the fault of the underage teen posting nudes, or the victim of the hate crime who is at fault for these subreddits.

Yes reddit has other subreddits that should be shut down, but no, they don't justify illegal material that is posted to the site, and it is moderated against. And no, reddit moderators do not justify the actions of their user base blaming victims in cases where there are victims. The only justification you ever hear from reddit moderators that be construed as "protection" for people posting inflammatory material is that reddit runs itself as a public space, and as such they respect the legitimate free speech of it's users as much as they can.
SilverLeagueElite
Profile Joined April 2010
United States626 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 05:20:03
October 14 2012 05:19 GMT
#237
On October 13 2012 22:17 SilverWolfe wrote:
As creepy and weird as it might seem to take pictures/post pictures of girls like this, it's really kind of unstoppable. There should probably be a law in place that says that you're not just allowed to arbitrarily take a picture of some girl's ass if she doesn't want you to, but as much as you might try to stop people, it's not going to stop. The person running the 'Predditors' site is basically waging a war against sex, which is always a losing war.

You're right, you can't stop this type of behavior. They'll most likely take their activities underground. However, what shutting down the channel accomplishes is by sending a message to the purveyors of creepshot telling them that their behavior is considered fringe by the greater society. This is significant on a site like Reddit that tries to present itself as somewhat mainstream(the POTUS just did an AMA with them!).

I find it strange that the more offensive killingwomen/rapingwomen channels are still up but it's creepshots that's been shut down.
Dontkillme
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)806 Posts
October 14 2012 05:21 GMT
#238
Kinda glad this got shut down, other parts of reddits aren't that great either
Bomber & Jaedong & FlaSh & SNSD <3
armada[sb]
Profile Joined August 2011
United States432 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 08:30:13
October 14 2012 08:28 GMT
#239
Adrian Chen is a piece of trash, yellow journalist. That's all there is to it. It's odd how he could make me side with someone so anti-social and disturbing.
#Hitpoint @ GameSurge (IDLE=BAN)
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
October 14 2012 09:49 GMT
#240
On October 14 2012 05:15 DigitalDevil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2012 01:03 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 14:14 DigitalDevil wrote:
On October 13 2012 13:54 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 07:30 nanoscorp wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:31 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:27 PassiveAce wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:11 Dfgj wrote:
On October 13 2012 00:09 PassiveAce wrote:
I dont think that making someones body public is somehow less "wrong" then making someones address, name or phonenumber public.

I'd agree with you if making said body public included making them easily identifiable to the internet. That is (I'd hope) rarely the case.

It's creepy, but showing off a random person's appearance in public still invites less harm than making the details of their life public to others.

I guess I have to concede your second point. It is much easier to cause deliberate harm to someone with that kind of personal information then with a picture.

I still feel like that if your going to post embarrassing pictures of women on a public forum inhabited by teenagers with their dicks in their hands, then you should be prepared to be exposed yourself.

I'd accept that if the conditions were the same - ie: exposed in the same anonymous manner. It's a lot harder to harass a random photograph.


Isn't the photograph itself, in context, already harmful? Yes, getting a knee in the junk hurts more than getting your wrist grabbed by a stranger, but by grabbing you the stranger takes on the role of the aggressor, and should be prepared to face consequences.

Arguable. It's not a picture of something you don't want people to see - it's taken in public. It's not a picture that you'll know about, or that will affect you (assumption). I wouldn't say it causes outright harm. I would say people have a right to be annoyed and ask for the removal of said pictures.

A picture taken in public is not inherently bad and in general, people don't care. In this case, how that picture is being used is the issue. Maybe just maybe if the person who took the photo kept it to himself, then it would drastically minimize complaints because it's pretty much private and will never get out. It's very arguable that posting something onto a high traffic site like reddit or onto the internet in general can be considered negligible impact. I sure would not like to have a candid photo of myself even appearing on questionable websites. It's not even limited to the narrow scope of sexual issues. For example, I certainty don't want to have a photo of myself anywhere near a KKK affiliated site. I also don't want to have a photo of myself possibly used in an advertisement for a product I don't endorse (it's happened).

That's reasonable, but I don't think that this part of reddit is really considered a massively-trafficked area, and it's obvious that your picture there doesn't reflect on you (because it wasn't your choice).

Whether there's heavy traffic or not doesn't take away from the fact that it's still publicly accessible though. And even if it does not reflect on me, it doesn't mean everyone will necessarily give me the benefit of the doubt. It's similar to the idea of rumors. Even when they are not true, it can still cause people to wonder. Tell someone not to think about something and they will likely think about it.

By the nature of the subreddit and it's name, it's not a benefit of the doubt situation - it's the first conclusion that the picture isn't there by your choice.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 208
NeuroSwarm 159
FoxeR 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1317
Leta 716
Bale 81
League of Legends
Doublelift4432
Other Games
summit1g8009
JimRising 542
ViBE177
WinterStarcraft4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick678
BasetradeTV187
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra947
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 45m
Patches Events
12h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 45m
OSC
20h 45m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.