• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:15
CEST 10:15
KST 17:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10999 users

Australia to vote on Gay marrige - Page 23

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 37 Next All
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
October 21 2011 15:44 GMT
#441
Only good things can come of gay marriage.

For example, gay couples often adopt. How is that not something that should be encouraged?

Ignoring that, why not? To paraphrase that guy from "The rent is too damn high" party, if you want to marry a shoe marry a shoe. IF it makes you happy, then all is good.
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
October 21 2011 15:50 GMT
#442
Hope they pass it.
[image loading]
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
darklight54321
Profile Joined July 2011
United States361 Posts
October 21 2011 15:59 GMT
#443
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.



what mod banned this guy srsly? he stated an opinion, didn't try to force it on anyone, did it in a civil manner, and actually went away from his personal belief and SUPPORTED GAY MARRIAGE.

This is the kind of shit that makes me mad at TL.
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
October 21 2011 16:01 GMT
#444
On October 22 2011 00:59 darklight54321 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.



what mod banned this guy srsly? he stated an opinion, didn't try to force it on anyone, did it in a civil manner, and actually went away from his personal belief and SUPPORTED GAY MARRIAGE.

This is the kind of shit that makes me mad at TL.

He martyred himself. Saying I hope I dont get banned, or please don't ban for this, or anything related to that whatsoever ALWAYS results in a ban.
Moderator
dcemuser
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3248 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 16:03:58
October 21 2011 16:03 GMT
#445
On October 22 2011 00:59 darklight54321 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.



what mod banned this guy srsly? he stated an opinion, didn't try to force it on anyone, did it in a civil manner, and actually went away from his personal belief and SUPPORTED GAY MARRIAGE.

This is the kind of shit that makes me mad at TL.


"I hope I don't get banned" is the reason he got banned.

If you mention "I'll probably get banned for this", they will ban you regardless of what you post.
obsKura
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland1061 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 16:08:30
October 21 2011 16:07 GMT
#446
I will never understand why being gay is such a huge deal for so many people. Those are people, the same like you and me - the only difference is what they are doing in their bedrooms. As the bedroom is your privacy WHY DOES ANYBODY EVEN CARE ABOUT THIS?! I will never get it.

Just let people enjoy their lifes and let them do whatever makes them happy. If they wanna get married with their own gender, why the hell not?
C9 ~^v^~ In EE-sama we trust. ~^v^~ C9
Noro
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada991 Posts
October 21 2011 16:09 GMT
#447
Let me preface this by saying that I am entirely pro-gay, pro-rights, pro-blah blah blah.
But I've been slightly confused lately on this issue.
In most places, the controversy is due to Marriage being defined as the union of a Man and a Woman under God, and therefore religious objections to preform these unions.
Until religion recognizes homosexuality as a perfectly normal human orientation, (which is likely never to happen) there will always be conflict.
I guess my question is, Why bother? It doesn't even seem like a question of human rights to me, It's like there is a system in place for heterosexual people, but now EVERYONE wants in on it. Why do people NEED to be married? Tax cuts? That's really the only benifit... For a long time to come, there is always going to be stigma surrounding homosexuallity, and it is unfortunate, but saying that you're married isn't going to allieviate stigmatism.
Perhaps it is a step in the right direction, but I don't know...
Anyway, to sum this up, why the interest in Marriage, when in reality, it is just a religious, or state union, to put on a piece of paper. I don't recall reading anywhere that marriage is a human right.

Shrug, maybe I'm just bored of the world complaining about things.
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 16:12:32
October 21 2011 16:11 GMT
#448
^It's all about taxes and rights. No one would give a shit if it was just a religious thing(well maybe some would, but it wouldn't be nearly the issue it is now), but with things as they are now, homosexual couples have none of the rights that heterosexual couples have.
Moderator
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
October 21 2011 16:11 GMT
#449
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Noro
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada991 Posts
October 21 2011 16:15 GMT
#450
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.


I think it would actually be a really good environment to grow up in. Gay parents would be able to teach really good values. Like, almost every gay person goes through ALOT of hardship growing up etc etc, I feel like they'd be able to teach their children to not judge people based on stupid things like race, orientation, beliefs, and what not.
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 16:16:39
October 21 2011 16:16 GMT
#451
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.

What is a conventional home? The 13 million families with a single parent? Or the kids who are raised to be bigots or racists? Or the kids who are 'taken care of' but never have a real family unit that supports and accepts them?

So many kids are raised improperly in 'conventional' homes, but because its not a man and a women it's just assumed that they're going to come out messed up?
Moderator
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
October 21 2011 16:18 GMT
#452
On October 22 2011 01:09 AIRwar wrote:
Let me preface this by saying that I am entirely pro-gay, pro-rights, pro-blah blah blah.
But I've been slightly confused lately on this issue.
In most places, the controversy is due to Marriage being defined as the union of a Man and a Woman under God, and therefore religious objections to preform these unions.
Until religion recognizes homosexuality as a perfectly normal human orientation, (which is likely never to happen) there will always be conflict.
I guess my question is, Why bother? It doesn't even seem like a question of human rights to me, It's like there is a system in place for heterosexual people, but now EVERYONE wants in on it. Why do people NEED to be married? Tax cuts? That's really the only benifit... For a long time to come, there is always going to be stigma surrounding homosexuallity, and it is unfortunate, but saying that you're married isn't going to allieviate stigmatism.
Perhaps it is a step in the right direction, but I don't know...
Anyway, to sum this up, why the interest in Marriage, when in reality, it is just a religious, or state union, to put on a piece of paper. I don't recall reading anywhere that marriage is a human right.

Shrug, maybe I'm just bored of the world complaining about things.

I totally agree with your views there. To me as well it doesn't make sense why people need to get married. Only thing which I can think of is because of religious reasons, but even that is not being sanctified by religious person anymore. The world has become hypocritical, and it troubles me. There really is only a minority of persons left who strictly keep by the rules of whatever religion they ma follow. All the others try to make shortcuts and do not keep to that which is set by their holy scripts. I guess it is the world in which me live in. I don't know.
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
October 21 2011 16:18 GMT
#453
On October 21 2011 18:38 vetinari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 17:07 Velocirapture wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:14 vetinari wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:09 GettinMyFill wrote:
On October 21 2011 13:08 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.

I find it quite laughable to ban this guy for stating his opinion. People are entitled to their opinion and anyone who actually believes in the bible and sodom and gomora would be against this, but I guess you could just ban all Christians who actually believe in this, seeing as their opinions aren't politically correct or valid according to you.
Personally, I'm for homosexual marriage but am against ALL kinds of homosexual adoption and impregnation operations. I think children are entitled to a mother and a father, not uncle Bob and uncle Ted.


Who are you to decide what children are entitled to? Are children entitled to abusive fathers and alcoholic mothers too? What if a gay couple could provide what your regular male female parents couldn't?

Don't bring up Sodom and Gomorra, unless you love black slavery too.


Who are you to decide that children have no right to their mother and father?

The burden of proof isn't on conservatives to prove that the change they oppose is bad. The burden of proof is on liberals, to prove that the change they promote is for the good. That liberals have managed to switch it around, is their greatest strength, because almost all of the changes that liberalism has ever promoted have done irrepairable harm to its host society.


This is fundamentally wrong i think. It is not up to the individual to justify his/her actions in a free society, it is up to the government to justify the limitations it enforces to the individuals. Just because something is institutional now doesnt change this dynamic. If the government cant justify the limitation with objective, non-religious reasoning then it should be abolished. Even accepting this it is VERY rare that there is an issue as clear cut as allowing gay marriage. I have literally never heard of a requirement for straight marriage that a same sex couple cant meet other than being opposite sex (which is an arbitrary delineation just like when interracial marriage wasnt allowed).


I think we approach the restriction of liberties, and existing laws in general, from two different angles.

I believe that the correct approach, is to assume that all existing laws had a good secular purpose. Then, until the justifications for the law are understood, the law should not be changed. And should only be changed if the change benefits society as a whole.

Consider, for example, the restrictions on pork in muslim/jewish religion. This restriction did not come about by accident, but because in the climate in which Islam/Judaism originated, pork would quickly putrefy, leading to mass food poisoning when consumed. However, with the advent of refrigeration, this restriction is now obsolete and can be safely discarded.

Or, consider the restriction of female sexual partner choice. In the past, father/mothers would choose the spouses of their children. This is something most people consider to be archaic and morally wrong, to restrict the freedom of their daughters. However, this too had good secular reason: women select in part for the dark triad*.. In this case, however, we lifted the restrictions before we understood the reasons. The consequence? Criminals now have a fertility rate more than double that of law abiding citizens, a plague of single mothers, with the attendant social costs, and men, instead of being encouraged to earn the respect of the girls father (which would occur by demonstrating bravery, industry, goodness, intelligence), are now incentivized to be cads and thugs.

*among other reasons. FYI, the dark triad are the traits of narcissism, psychopathy, machiavellianism. People who have them are basically evil.



Its posts like this that make me wonder if I am being trolled or if social conservatives are the victim of a misinformation conspiracy (apart from religion) .
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 16:23:41
October 21 2011 16:21 GMT
#454
On October 22 2011 01:16 Myles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.

What is a conventional home? The 13 million families with a single parent? Or the kids who are raised to be bigots or racists? Or the kids who are 'taken care of' but never have a real family unit that supports and accepts them?

So many kids are raised improperly in 'conventional' homes, but because its not a man and a women it's just assumed that they're going to come out messed up?

Who said that "conventional homes" are prominent in this world filled with violence and corruption? I never said that these setups are the consensus by which we live, but rather the ideal. And that ideal would be which is stipulated by nature: most mammals can be seen growing up cared for by both a mother and a father. That is my point. Why do I find that no matter to which thread I go, people are always trying to be offensive? Omg...

EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 16:34:59
October 21 2011 16:32 GMT
#455
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:16 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.

What is a conventional home? The 13 million families with a single parent? Or the kids who are raised to be bigots or racists? Or the kids who are 'taken care of' but never have a real family unit that supports and accepts them?

So many kids are raised improperly in 'conventional' homes, but because its not a man and a women it's just assumed that they're going to come out messed up?

Who said that "conventional homes" are prominent in this world filled with violence and corruption? I never said that these setups are the consensus by which we live, but rather the ideal. And that ideal would be which is stipulated by nature: most mammals can be seen growing up cared for by both a mother and a father. That is my point. Why do I find that no matter to which thread I go, people are always trying to be offensive? Omg...

Most mammals grow up with a mother and a father? Not quite. Birds actually do this far more often then mammals(90% of birds are monogamous, while only 7% of mammals are). Really, duel parent raised offspring is quite rare in the animal kingdom.

Also, I'm not trying to be offensive. I'm asking how a conventional home is really conventional. The way you expressed it though, it seems you shouldn't have said conventional homes at all, since that conveys that you mean average or normal. If you want an ideal world where only the best people raise children that's cool, but living in the real world it's obvious(imo) that we can't screen every couple that has a kid naturally, it seems to me that a lot of kids would have benefited from growing up in stable household with two gay parents.

On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.


Sure, because we all know that if you're raised by a gay person you'll turn out to be gay. Maybe that's why people take offense to your posts, because you make outrageous claims like that.
Moderator
OffCuts
Profile Joined September 2011
10 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 16:34:43
October 21 2011 16:34 GMT
#456
On October 21 2011 06:36 Darkalbino wrote:

Australia is a bigoted, homophobic country and I'll be surprised if this doesn't receive major backlash from mainstream news websites (seeing as how anti labor news limited is)

While Australia is really quite behind in regard to its other policies (immigration, carbon, education)



Matter of opinion.
Ironside for life
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
October 21 2011 16:42 GMT
#457
As a person from the Netherlands i still find it hard to believe that so many countries still refuse gay marriage. Marriage should be between two people who love eachother, if they're gay or straight, should not make a difference.

On October 21 2011 06:59 NotSupporting wrote:
I am against gay marriage (I'm atheist, always have been)

1. The state should not care about setting rules for religion just as religion should not set rules for the state.

2. Offer gay people an agreement with the same rights as marriage but call it something else to cover all the legal purposes. (In Sweden we have marriage and partnership, in the eyes of the law they are exactly the same thing but on is for heterosexual relationships only)

Solves both problems - the religious and legal.

Last note, for me it's crazy and illogical for gay people to want to get married in the church anyway. The bible hates gay people, it's a sin, religious people have killed gays coldblooded through history, it's largely thanks to Christianity the view on gay people have been so bad for such a long time. For me it's as illogical as if a Jew would fight all his life to be a part of the nazi community, but they reject him.


Why should marriage be a religious thing, why cant it just be a testimony of love? If i get married i'm not getting married for the church, but just because i want to celebrate that amazing day with my loved one and friends and family (church has 0 place in that for me personally)
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 16:47:01
October 21 2011 16:43 GMT
#458
On October 22 2011 01:32 Myles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:16 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.

What is a conventional home? The 13 million families with a single parent? Or the kids who are raised to be bigots or racists? Or the kids who are 'taken care of' but never have a real family unit that supports and accepts them?

So many kids are raised improperly in 'conventional' homes, but because its not a man and a women it's just assumed that they're going to come out messed up?

Who said that "conventional homes" are prominent in this world filled with violence and corruption? I never said that these setups are the consensus by which we live, but rather the ideal. And that ideal would be which is stipulated by nature: most mammals can be seen growing up cared for by both a mother and a father. That is my point. Why do I find that no matter to which thread I go, people are always trying to be offensive? Omg...

Most mammals grow up with a mother and a father? Not quite. Birds actually do this far more often then mammals(90% of birds are monogamous, while only 7% of mammals are). Really, duel parent raised offspring is quite rare in the animal kingdom.

Also, I'm not trying to be offensive. I'm asking how a conventional home is really conventional. The way you expressed it though, it seems you shouldn't have said conventional homes at all, since that conveys that you mean average or normal. If you want an ideal world where only the best people raise children that's cool, but living in the real world it's obvious(imo) that we can't screen every couple that has a kid naturally, it seems to me that a lot of kids would have benefited from growing up in stable household with two gay parents.

Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.


Sure, because we all know that if you're raised by a gay person you'll turn out to be gay. Maybe that's why people take offense to your posts, because you make outrageous claims like that.

Again, never quite stated that is the case. May I ask you how do you know anything to be true to the contrary? This phenomenon has not been around for anyone to make a study and post any results as to what is actually the case. That is just my hypothesis of what I believe would happen with the child.

But anyway. Please tell me how'd you know about the parenting of animals, would be interesting to know because not a lot of people possess such a scope general knowledge.
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
iamahydralisk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States813 Posts
October 21 2011 16:46 GMT
#459
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:16 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.

What is a conventional home? The 13 million families with a single parent? Or the kids who are raised to be bigots or racists? Or the kids who are 'taken care of' but never have a real family unit that supports and accepts them?

So many kids are raised improperly in 'conventional' homes, but because its not a man and a women it's just assumed that they're going to come out messed up?

Who said that "conventional homes" are prominent in this world filled with violence and corruption? I never said that these setups are the consensus by which we live, but rather the ideal. And that ideal would be which is stipulated by nature: most mammals can be seen growing up cared for by both a mother and a father. That is my point. Why do I find that no matter to which thread I go, people are always trying to be offensive? Omg...

EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.

Last line of your post reveals how prejudiced you really are. If a child is raised by a gay couple, they'll most likely end up being more supportive of ALL sexual orientations. Please explain to me and the rest of TL how that is in any way "messed up."

also btw dude, check the myriad of links posted earlier in the thread about scientific studies showing that children raised by gay couples are no worse off for it.
"well if youre looking for long term, go safe, if you expect it to end either way, go risky. wow. just like sc2" - friend of mine when I asked him which girl to pick
NotSupporting
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1998 Posts
October 21 2011 16:48 GMT
#460
On October 21 2011 08:02 FabledIntegral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 07:57 olderbrother wrote:
On October 21 2011 07:07 FabledIntegral wrote:

Then it's not the same and is the definition of discrimination. And where the heck are you getting the notion that gay people want to all be married in a church? Since when is a church a prerequisite for marriage? You seem highly uninformed on this issue, really.


I don´t think you understand what he meant.

In Sweden gays can get married through the state or the church. Both marriages are the same and you get the same legal rights.

He is proposing that only the statemarriage should have any legal consequences.
If any religious group wont allow gays, then so be it, the government should not interfere.



Ok? What's your point - I already said they generally don't want to get married in churches anyways.


Don't you think you are the ignorant one here trying to speak for all gay people when saying "they" don't want to get married in churches anyway. I certainly know plenty of gay people who do want to get married in the traditional way with all the religious elements.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1007
Larva 463
ggaemo 337
Stork 276
Leta 185
PianO 127
Killer 32
Hyuk 29
ZergMaN 25
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
yabsab 18
League of Legends
JimRising 394
Reynor72
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King154
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1040
Other Games
summit1g10252
C9.Mang0287
Sick186
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick561
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream194
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2354
League of Legends
• Stunt1925
• Jankos653
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 45m
Online Event
2h 45m
FEL
7h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.