• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:23
CEST 07:23
KST 14:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9705 users

Australia to vote on Gay marrige - Page 21

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 37 Next All
Midori8
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia126 Posts
October 21 2011 07:21 GMT
#401
Pretty much, I concede defeat in terms of what was being argued about.

Okay, so there may be evidence that parenting is in regard to amount of care or whatever rather than sexuality of parents.

And on the other point, I agree with what babylon said, it's the problem of bullying rather than the sexuality of the parents.

I feel kinda stupid but thanks, you have enlightened me on this issue
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
October 21 2011 07:22 GMT
#402
On October 21 2011 15:51 sigma_x wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 15:31 Xalonark wrote:
I am not the regular Australian teenager, but my opinion:

With gay people getting married, I don't really like it but it doesn't affect me and they should be able to do what they want. I am fine with it. I don't really like it if people are gay just to be controversial, though, but by no means do I think that all gays are like this.

But in terms of them adopting children, I do not think this is good. Even if you think that two same sex parents could give the same care to a child (I don't agree with this, but may be under informed), the social consequences would be a problem in my opinion.

I was bullied in primary school (elementary school), not much, but I was. At one point I didn't talk to anyone at all and just read books by myself at break times. But it was terrible and I think it had a big effect on me. I would imagine that if a person was the child of gay people, and they were at a point in school where other kids would know what being gay is etc. then bullying would be a massive issue.

You may have noticed that I wrote this post somewhat carefully, so if I upset anyone I don't mean it, we may have different opinions but we are entitled to them.


I think you are asserting two different (but not necessarily mutually exclusive) points:
1) A child, growing up with same sex parents, will suffer developmental problems that a child with a mother and father would not.
2) A child should not be brought up in circumstances likely to lead to bullying.

On the first, I would have thought that this is a scientifically testable assumption. It is perhaps better to base any such argument from current psychological research rather than anecdotally. I do not know what research is done though.

On the second, I am not very convinced on this point. This logic seems to suggest that ugly or obese parents shouldn't adopt children.


There have been numerous links to credible scientific sources posted in the thread a number of pages ago showing that argument 1 is in fact plain wrong.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
October 21 2011 07:23 GMT
#403
On October 21 2011 16:15 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 15:40 CharlieBrownsc wrote:
I still don't understand how it was ever illegal for gay marriage to occur in a democratic country

Tthe majority is against it... do you understand democracy?

(hehe)

The majority is certainly not against it.... maybe in parliament but numerous polls have shown the majority for gay marriage/equality.
CharlieBrownsc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada598 Posts
October 21 2011 07:24 GMT
#404
On October 21 2011 16:15 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 15:40 CharlieBrownsc wrote:
I still don't understand how it was ever illegal for gay marriage to occur in a democratic country

Tthe majority is against it... do you understand democracy?

(hehe)


If the majority was against people born in april from getting jobs, should that be illegal?
SC2 ID: CharlieBrown.318, #1 bitbybit.Prime fan
hippocritical
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Australia465 Posts
October 21 2011 07:26 GMT
#405
On October 21 2011 16:23 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:15 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 15:40 CharlieBrownsc wrote:
I still don't understand how it was ever illegal for gay marriage to occur in a democratic country

Tthe majority is against it... do you understand democracy?

(hehe)

The majority is certainly not against it.... maybe in parliament but numerous polls have shown the majority for gay marriage/equality.


Yeah, it's last generations hang ups put on the current generations issues :/.
palookieblue
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia326 Posts
October 21 2011 07:26 GMT
#406
On October 21 2011 16:24 CharlieBrownsc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:15 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 15:40 CharlieBrownsc wrote:
I still don't understand how it was ever illegal for gay marriage to occur in a democratic country

Tthe majority is against it... do you understand democracy?

(hehe)


If the majority was against people born in april from getting jobs, should that be illegal?
I think you're missing the point. If the majority of Australians and their politicians believed the above then it could be made illegal, asking whether it 'should' is to do with one's personal opinion. Not sure where you're heading with this.
oyoyo
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
October 21 2011 07:27 GMT
#407
I am gay and I will be a horrible parent should I have kids. Is it because I am gay? No, because I am a shitty person. There is a major difference between a genetic trait and a trait of the individual. We fags are human after all. :D
Rhine
Profile Joined October 2011
187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 07:30:18
October 21 2011 07:29 GMT
#408
On October 21 2011 16:26 palookieblue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:24 CharlieBrownsc wrote:
On October 21 2011 16:15 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 15:40 CharlieBrownsc wrote:
I still don't understand how it was ever illegal for gay marriage to occur in a democratic country

Tthe majority is against it... do you understand democracy?

(hehe)


If the majority was against people born in april from getting jobs, should that be illegal?
I think you're missing the point. If the majority of Australians and their politicians believed the above then it could be made illegal, asking whether it 'should' is to do with one's personal opinion. Not sure where you're heading with this.


He's talking about protecting minorities and human rights, regardless of majority opinion. If the majority decided tomorrow that Aprilians are evil scum, laws would probably protect still protect them. If the politicians are also biased towards Aprilians, then a lot of pressure would come from other nations who aren't bigoted against them.
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 21 2011 07:30 GMT
#409
On October 21 2011 16:23 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:15 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 15:40 CharlieBrownsc wrote:
I still don't understand how it was ever illegal for gay marriage to occur in a democratic country

Tthe majority is against it... do you understand democracy?

(hehe)

The majority is certainly not against it.... maybe in parliament but numerous polls have shown the majority for gay marriage/equality.

Polls are pointless, if it ever goes to a vote, we both know gay marriage will be declined.
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 21 2011 07:30 GMT
#410
On October 21 2011 16:27 Shiragaku wrote:
I am gay and I will be a horrible parent should I have kids. Is it because I am gay? No, because I am a shitty person. There is a major difference between a genetic trait and a trait of the individual. We fags are human after all. :D

Gay men would make terrible parents, I'm all for lesbians though.
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
October 21 2011 07:31 GMT
#411
On October 21 2011 16:30 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:23 ShadeR wrote:
On October 21 2011 16:15 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 15:40 CharlieBrownsc wrote:
I still don't understand how it was ever illegal for gay marriage to occur in a democratic country

Tthe majority is against it... do you understand democracy?

(hehe)

The majority is certainly not against it.... maybe in parliament but numerous polls have shown the majority for gay marriage/equality.

Polls are pointless, if it ever goes to a vote, we both know gay marriage will be declined.

WTF? YOU VOTE IN POLLS!!!! *HEAD IMPLODES*
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
October 21 2011 07:31 GMT
#412
On October 21 2011 16:30 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:27 Shiragaku wrote:
I am gay and I will be a horrible parent should I have kids. Is it because I am gay? No, because I am a shitty person. There is a major difference between a genetic trait and a trait of the individual. We fags are human after all. :D

Gay men would make terrible parents, I'm all for lesbians though.

I am being trolled hard DX
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
October 21 2011 07:34 GMT
#413
On October 21 2011 16:31 Shiragaku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:30 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 16:27 Shiragaku wrote:
I am gay and I will be a horrible parent should I have kids. Is it because I am gay? No, because I am a shitty person. There is a major difference between a genetic trait and a trait of the individual. We fags are human after all. :D

Gay men would make terrible parents, I'm all for lesbians though.

I am being trolled hard DX

The gay kid at meatbox's school wasn't bullied. He was.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 07:38:26
October 21 2011 07:34 GMT
#414
I find the current state of politics amusing. Everyone wants the same basic things in life. We all want freedom, we all want the chance to do well and succeed, we all want the world to be a better place, and we all want to be safe. The point of liberal vs conservative ideologies is to argue about what is the best way to obtain these goals that everyone wants to achieve. Liberal ideology leans towards the government being the best way to solve problems while conservatives like empowerment of the people to solve problems. The problem I see is that many political parties are treating entire subsections of their population as second class citizens and denying them rights, this is not what they should be doing. Any political party that does not embrace all of its citizens is flawed, they should be about how to achieve freedom, prosperity, and a general level of equality for all, not deciding who gets these things.
As for the majority of people in a democratic country being for or against gay marriage, it doesn't matter. If nothing else the governments role is to protect its citizens and ensure that everyone is treated fairly, not that people be subjected to the rule of the majority. I don't know that much about Australian politics, but in the USA I'm forced to vote almost exclusively democrat (even though I am more conservative on certain issues) because the republicans have been forced to pander to their base that is obsessed with social issues.
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 07:41:20
October 21 2011 07:40 GMT
#415
On October 21 2011 16:31 Shiragaku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:30 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 16:27 Shiragaku wrote:
I am gay and I will be a horrible parent should I have kids. Is it because I am gay? No, because I am a shitty person. There is a major difference between a genetic trait and a trait of the individual. We fags are human after all. :D

Gay men would make terrible parents, I'm all for lesbians though.

I am being trolled hard DX

No your not

For a gay male couple to raise a child they'd require rigorous examination. A homosexual male's brain is virtually the same as a heterosexual female's. Fancy having a child raised by two straight women...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7456588.stm
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
rhmiller907
Profile Joined August 2011
United States118 Posts
October 21 2011 07:42 GMT
#416
On October 21 2011 06:46 Deekin[ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 06:42 Darclite wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.


As long as you aren't forcing that disgust on others, I don't really care and respect that you can keep it to yourself. But consider that homosexuality exists in most animals (so it isn't like gay humans are unnatural, it exists in nature). Also consider that if something wasn't natural, it probably wouldn't exist in the first place.


Yeah I kind of think same way what you said about "forcing that on others" I think that is wrong. But there is nothing worse than having someone do the same thing onto me but as like "forcing the gayness upon me" when Im out on some club or whatever, and some sleazy guy tries to hit on me or whatever. Its really really disgusting and I cant take it. But no ofcourse you shouldnt force it upon others.

Really having a gay drunk guy hit on you bothers you that much. It's a compliment man just take it as that. I work with a gay guy and I know he thinks I'm attractive( he said that if I ever switch "teams" that he'll show me the ropes lol) but I don't let it gross me out. I just really don't understand why it grosses people out it's not like they're going to rape you and if your imagining gay sex in your mind when someone suggests it then maybe you should look at your own sexuality. So all that said unless your in most situations illogical and stubborn then I don't understand why one would have a problem with being hit on by anyone.
ps just thought if this I suppose if the guy or gal in question gropes you then I could understand setting them straight but that goes for both sexes.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 21 2011 07:42 GMT
#417
On October 21 2011 16:34 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:31 Shiragaku wrote:
On October 21 2011 16:30 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 16:27 Shiragaku wrote:
I am gay and I will be a horrible parent should I have kids. Is it because I am gay? No, because I am a shitty person. There is a major difference between a genetic trait and a trait of the individual. We fags are human after all. :D

Gay men would make terrible parents, I'm all for lesbians though.

I am being trolled hard DX

The gay kid at meatbox's school wasn't bullied. He was.

No need to get personal, ban worthy imo.
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
October 21 2011 07:47 GMT
#418
On October 21 2011 16:21 Xalonark wrote:
Pretty much, I concede defeat in terms of what was being argued about.

Okay, so there may be evidence that parenting is in regard to amount of care or whatever rather than sexuality of parents.

And on the other point, I agree with what babylon said, it's the problem of bullying rather than the sexuality of the parents.

I feel kinda stupid but thanks, you have enlightened me on this issue

Holy shit a sensible person on the internet

You sir are a anachronism.
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
Rhine
Profile Joined October 2011
187 Posts
October 21 2011 07:50 GMT
#419
On October 21 2011 16:40 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:31 Shiragaku wrote:
On October 21 2011 16:30 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 16:27 Shiragaku wrote:
I am gay and I will be a horrible parent should I have kids. Is it because I am gay? No, because I am a shitty person. There is a major difference between a genetic trait and a trait of the individual. We fags are human after all. :D

Gay men would make terrible parents, I'm all for lesbians though.

I am being trolled hard DX

No your not

For a gay male couple to raise a child they'd require rigorous examination. A homosexual male's brain is virtually the same as a heterosexual female's. Fancy having a child raised by two straight women...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7456588.stm


I suggest reading not just that article and coming up with a conclusion with regards to the efficacy of their parenting. Just because their brains are similar doesn't mean it would be "the same" as being raised by two straight women, nor is that demonstrably bad.
NeonFox
Profile Joined January 2011
2373 Posts
October 21 2011 07:57 GMT
#420
On October 21 2011 16:40 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 16:31 Shiragaku wrote:
On October 21 2011 16:30 meatbox wrote:
On October 21 2011 16:27 Shiragaku wrote:
I am gay and I will be a horrible parent should I have kids. Is it because I am gay? No, because I am a shitty person. There is a major difference between a genetic trait and a trait of the individual. We fags are human after all. :D

Gay men would make terrible parents, I'm all for lesbians though.

I am being trolled hard DX

No your not

For a gay male couple to raise a child they'd require rigorous examination. A homosexual male's brain is virtually the same as a heterosexual female's. Fancy having a child raised by two straight women...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7456588.stm


Any article, even posted on the BBC, stating that sexual preferences are decided even before birth is to be taken with a huge grain of salt. I'm pretty sure there are scientific studies stating the opposite and scientists that believe otherwise as always with studies.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft744
PiGStarcraft258
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 385
Stork 206
ggaemo 142
Leta 121
PianO 61
Hyuk 32
Bale 16
yabsab 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm231
League of Legends
JimRising 697
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox553
Mew2King84
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor649
Other Games
summit1g8851
Coldzera 830
C9.Mang0251
Sick126
RuFF_SC2113
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• Letter1410
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2196
League of Legends
• Lourlo1301
• Stunt398
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 37m
Online Event
5h 37m
FEL
10h 37m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 37m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.