• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:15
CEST 10:15
KST 17:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10999 users

Australia to vote on Gay marrige - Page 24

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 37 Next All
BioNova
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States598 Posts
October 21 2011 16:48 GMT
#461
I'm in support of the principle behind the movement. Marriage, despite any attempt to reduce it to spirituality, IMO is a social class/status. Public unions of one type recieve benefits/entitlements/tax status, then so should the other. Name it what you like, call it something else. As long as there is equal treatment/equal everything.

I agree with previous sentiments in this thread about First World(as opposed to TW) society dragging it's feet on a question of law/equal rights. It's not the 1980's anymore and the Boy George image as a detrrant has been shattered by the internet. I'm most certainly not LGBT, but my own personal bias has been reflected back to me as hollow. Time to get fair.
I used to like trumpets, now I prefer pause. "Don't move a muscle JP!"
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 16:52:30
October 21 2011 16:50 GMT
#462
On October 22 2011 01:43 NeThZOR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:32 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:16 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.

What is a conventional home? The 13 million families with a single parent? Or the kids who are raised to be bigots or racists? Or the kids who are 'taken care of' but never have a real family unit that supports and accepts them?

So many kids are raised improperly in 'conventional' homes, but because its not a man and a women it's just assumed that they're going to come out messed up?

Who said that "conventional homes" are prominent in this world filled with violence and corruption? I never said that these setups are the consensus by which we live, but rather the ideal. And that ideal would be which is stipulated by nature: most mammals can be seen growing up cared for by both a mother and a father. That is my point. Why do I find that no matter to which thread I go, people are always trying to be offensive? Omg...

Most mammals grow up with a mother and a father? Not quite. Birds actually do this far more often then mammals(90% of birds are monogamous, while only 7% of mammals are). Really, duel parent raised offspring is quite rare in the animal kingdom.

Also, I'm not trying to be offensive. I'm asking how a conventional home is really conventional. The way you expressed it though, it seems you shouldn't have said conventional homes at all, since that conveys that you mean average or normal. If you want an ideal world where only the best people raise children that's cool, but living in the real world it's obvious(imo) that we can't screen every couple that has a kid naturally, it seems to me that a lot of kids would have benefited from growing up in stable household with two gay parents.

On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.


Sure, because we all know that if you're raised by a gay person you'll turn out to be gay. Maybe that's why people take offense to your posts, because you make outrageous claims like that.

Again, never quite stated that is the cases. But anyway. Please tell me how'd you know about the parenting of animals, would be interesting to know because not a lot of people possess such a scope general knowledge.

If you really want to know, I've been an animal enthusiast all my life. One of my favorite shows as a young child was Wild Discovery. I'm not your average person who doesn't know much. I actually do posses a general knowledge about a wide variety of things from ancient/classical/medieval history(less about medieval tho), biology and animal behavior, meteorology, space, religion, and probably other areas I'm not thinking of.

Though, I didn't pull those numbers out of my head. I did a quick google search to verify what I thought.
Moderator
Haikulol
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia2 Posts
October 21 2011 16:53 GMT
#463
On October 21 2011 06:43 Kiante wrote:
labor is the non-conservative wing. i wasn't aware they had strong policies against gay marriage. sure you aren't thinking of the liberal party bkrow?
you could be right, i'm fairly uninformed when it comes to party policies tbh, but labor is usually the progressive party.


The whole issue is retarded, every mp just wants to save face Julia is an athiest that lives with a long term boyfriend and is not married yet she says "i'm a traditional girl so i dont believe in gay marriage" it's rediculous. Gay people should be able to do whatever they want who honestly cares, and they have their own pretty much 'marriage' ceremonies already anyway.
Attican
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark531 Posts
October 21 2011 16:53 GMT
#464
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:16 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.

What is a conventional home? The 13 million families with a single parent? Or the kids who are raised to be bigots or racists? Or the kids who are 'taken care of' but never have a real family unit that supports and accepts them?

So many kids are raised improperly in 'conventional' homes, but because its not a man and a women it's just assumed that they're going to come out messed up?

Who said that "conventional homes" are prominent in this world filled with violence and corruption? I never said that these setups are the consensus by which we live, but rather the ideal. And that ideal would be which is stipulated by nature: most mammals can be seen growing up cared for by both a mother and a father. That is my point. Why do I find that no matter to which thread I go, people are always trying to be offensive? Omg...

EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.

Do you really think that someone raised by gay or lesbian parents will understand less about sexuality than someone raised by heterosexual parents? To me it seems the opposite is likely true. Gay/Lesbian parents would probably make a greater effort to teach their children about sexuality to make sure they understand both homosexuality and heterosexuality.

I don't understand why people say that children with gay/lesbian parents will be confused, how the hell would they know unless they actually had gay or lesbian parents?
Tuthur
Profile Joined July 2010
France985 Posts
October 21 2011 16:56 GMT
#465
On October 22 2011 01:01 Myles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 00:59 darklight54321 wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.



what mod banned this guy srsly? he stated an opinion, didn't try to force it on anyone, did it in a civil manner, and actually went away from his personal belief and SUPPORTED GAY MARRIAGE.

This is the kind of shit that makes me mad at TL.

He martyred himself. Saying I hope I dont get banned, or please don't ban for this, or anything related to that whatsoever ALWAYS results in a ban.


He clearly didn't martyr himself.

Maybe he had a history of controversial posts but I don't think banning him was the right move this time.
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
October 21 2011 16:57 GMT
#466
On October 22 2011 01:50 Myles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:43 NeThZOR wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:32 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:16 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.

What is a conventional home? The 13 million families with a single parent? Or the kids who are raised to be bigots or racists? Or the kids who are 'taken care of' but never have a real family unit that supports and accepts them?

So many kids are raised improperly in 'conventional' homes, but because its not a man and a women it's just assumed that they're going to come out messed up?

Who said that "conventional homes" are prominent in this world filled with violence and corruption? I never said that these setups are the consensus by which we live, but rather the ideal. And that ideal would be which is stipulated by nature: most mammals can be seen growing up cared for by both a mother and a father. That is my point. Why do I find that no matter to which thread I go, people are always trying to be offensive? Omg...

Most mammals grow up with a mother and a father? Not quite. Birds actually do this far more often then mammals(90% of birds are monogamous, while only 7% of mammals are). Really, duel parent raised offspring is quite rare in the animal kingdom.

Also, I'm not trying to be offensive. I'm asking how a conventional home is really conventional. The way you expressed it though, it seems you shouldn't have said conventional homes at all, since that conveys that you mean average or normal. If you want an ideal world where only the best people raise children that's cool, but living in the real world it's obvious(imo) that we can't screen every couple that has a kid naturally, it seems to me that a lot of kids would have benefited from growing up in stable household with two gay parents.

On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.


Sure, because we all know that if you're raised by a gay person you'll turn out to be gay. Maybe that's why people take offense to your posts, because you make outrageous claims like that.

Again, never quite stated that is the cases. But anyway. Please tell me how'd you know about the parenting of animals, would be interesting to know because not a lot of people possess such a scope general knowledge.

If you really want to know, I've been an animal enthusiast all my life. One of my favorite shows as a young child was Wild Discovery. I'm not your average person who doesn't know much. I actually do posses a general knowledge about a wide variety of things from ancient/classical/medieval history(less about medieval tho), biology and animal behavior, meteorology, space, religion, and probably other areas I'm not thinking of.

Though, I didn't pull those numbers out of my head. I did a quick google search to verify what I thought.

Nice. I also share many of those exact interests with you. I hate it how the majority of the population is very ignorant and does not care much about the world around them. May I ask what age you are?
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 17:03:06
October 21 2011 17:02 GMT
#467
On October 22 2011 01:57 NeThZOR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:50 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:43 NeThZOR wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:32 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:16 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.

What is a conventional home? The 13 million families with a single parent? Or the kids who are raised to be bigots or racists? Or the kids who are 'taken care of' but never have a real family unit that supports and accepts them?

So many kids are raised improperly in 'conventional' homes, but because its not a man and a women it's just assumed that they're going to come out messed up?

Who said that "conventional homes" are prominent in this world filled with violence and corruption? I never said that these setups are the consensus by which we live, but rather the ideal. And that ideal would be which is stipulated by nature: most mammals can be seen growing up cared for by both a mother and a father. That is my point. Why do I find that no matter to which thread I go, people are always trying to be offensive? Omg...

Most mammals grow up with a mother and a father? Not quite. Birds actually do this far more often then mammals(90% of birds are monogamous, while only 7% of mammals are). Really, duel parent raised offspring is quite rare in the animal kingdom.

Also, I'm not trying to be offensive. I'm asking how a conventional home is really conventional. The way you expressed it though, it seems you shouldn't have said conventional homes at all, since that conveys that you mean average or normal. If you want an ideal world where only the best people raise children that's cool, but living in the real world it's obvious(imo) that we can't screen every couple that has a kid naturally, it seems to me that a lot of kids would have benefited from growing up in stable household with two gay parents.

On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.


Sure, because we all know that if you're raised by a gay person you'll turn out to be gay. Maybe that's why people take offense to your posts, because you make outrageous claims like that.

Again, never quite stated that is the cases. But anyway. Please tell me how'd you know about the parenting of animals, would be interesting to know because not a lot of people possess such a scope general knowledge.

If you really want to know, I've been an animal enthusiast all my life. One of my favorite shows as a young child was Wild Discovery. I'm not your average person who doesn't know much. I actually do posses a general knowledge about a wide variety of things from ancient/classical/medieval history(less about medieval tho), biology and animal behavior, meteorology, space, religion, and probably other areas I'm not thinking of.

Though, I didn't pull those numbers out of my head. I did a quick google search to verify what I thought.

Nice. I also share many of those exact interests with you. I hate it how the majority of the population is very ignorant and does not care much about the world around them. May I ask what age you are?

I'm 24. I really didn't mean to come off as offensive, but just think about why someone raised by gay people would think differently about sexuality. If your parents sexuality decided your own, how would there be gay people in the first place?

Also, if you want to use the animal kingdom as a analog for human society(which I think is a poor idea. Human interaction is vastly different from other animals, even other social mammals) then there are examples of homosexuality out there.
Moderator
a5mod
Profile Joined December 2010
France61 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 17:09:16
October 21 2011 17:08 GMT
#468
edit
Stephano CrazyMoving Ret Zenio BBoongBBoong
Underoath
Profile Joined May 2011
Peru113 Posts
October 21 2011 17:09 GMT
#469
I hope it doesn't pass. Gay people have a right to be happy, and to have rights over each other or w/e but marriage has always been a man and woman. Oh well, just my honest opinion.
"More GG, more skill" - WhiteRa
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12014 Posts
October 21 2011 17:09 GMT
#470
On October 22 2011 01:18 NeThZOR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:09 AIRwar wrote:
Let me preface this by saying that I am entirely pro-gay, pro-rights, pro-blah blah blah.
But I've been slightly confused lately on this issue.
In most places, the controversy is due to Marriage being defined as the union of a Man and a Woman under God, and therefore religious objections to preform these unions.
Until religion recognizes homosexuality as a perfectly normal human orientation, (which is likely never to happen) there will always be conflict.
I guess my question is, Why bother? It doesn't even seem like a question of human rights to me, It's like there is a system in place for heterosexual people, but now EVERYONE wants in on it. Why do people NEED to be married? Tax cuts? That's really the only benifit... For a long time to come, there is always going to be stigma surrounding homosexuallity, and it is unfortunate, but saying that you're married isn't going to allieviate stigmatism.
Perhaps it is a step in the right direction, but I don't know...
Anyway, to sum this up, why the interest in Marriage, when in reality, it is just a religious, or state union, to put on a piece of paper. I don't recall reading anywhere that marriage is a human right.

Shrug, maybe I'm just bored of the world complaining about things.

I totally agree with your views there. To me as well it doesn't make sense why people need to get married. Only thing which I can think of is because of religious reasons, but even that is not being sanctified by religious person anymore. The world has become hypocritical, and it troubles me. There really is only a minority of persons left who strictly keep by the rules of whatever religion they ma follow. All the others try to make shortcuts and do not keep to that which is set by their holy scripts. I guess it is the world in which me live in. I don't know.


I think this all just stems from the stupid idea of governments making marriages. The word marriage already has a lot of religious meaning, and in my opinion religion should be seperated from government as much as possible. Note that i am not against the actual benefits marriage before the law provides. I just don't get why it has to be called marriage, you get all these problems with religious people for no reason at all.

Just call all governmental marriages "partnership" or something like that, and you instantly no longer have any problem with churches. No you can let churches religiously marry whoever they want to who/whatever else they want(without any legal consequences), and if you want the benefits and legal safety you can have your partnership certified by the government, too. And thus there is no more religious stuff preventing the government from deciding which partnerships should be sanctioned and which shouldn't. Seriously, i feel like the main problem is just the word marriage. And if you only have "partnerships" for gay people, and marriages for heteros before the law, that still feels unfair.
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
October 21 2011 17:12 GMT
#471
On October 22 2011 02:09 Underoath wrote:
I hope it doesn't pass. Gay people have a right to be happy, and to have rights over each other or w/e but marriage has always been a man and woman. Oh well, just my honest opinion.

There's nothing wrong with holding marriage as a religious construct. The problem is that is conveys rights that aren't available to couples otherwise. A heterosexual couple that has been together for 20 years and has a marriage certificate gets legal benefits that a homosexual couples that been together 20 years wouldn't have. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to removing marriage from government completely and calling everything a civil union or whatever, but no matter what, I think gay couples should have some way of obtaining equal rights to heterosexual couples.
Moderator
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
October 21 2011 17:15 GMT
#472
I believe you in saying that homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom. One of my own dogs seems to be homosexually inclined
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
IreScath
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada521 Posts
October 21 2011 17:16 GMT
#473
On October 22 2011 01:53 Attican wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:16 Myles wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:11 NeThZOR wrote:
Only problem I have with gay marriage is the fact that they often adopt children, and then raise them. But the fact of the matter is that these children aren't being raised in a conventional home, and this confuses the child. If someone can explain to me what good there is in this subject matter - that is of the state of the children being raised by these couples - then I'd feel much more content with the idea. Otherwise I have no grievances with gay marriage.

What is a conventional home? The 13 million families with a single parent? Or the kids who are raised to be bigots or racists? Or the kids who are 'taken care of' but never have a real family unit that supports and accepts them?

So many kids are raised improperly in 'conventional' homes, but because its not a man and a women it's just assumed that they're going to come out messed up?

Who said that "conventional homes" are prominent in this world filled with violence and corruption? I never said that these setups are the consensus by which we live, but rather the ideal. And that ideal would be which is stipulated by nature: most mammals can be seen growing up cared for by both a mother and a father. That is my point. Why do I find that no matter to which thread I go, people are always trying to be offensive? Omg...

EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.

Do you really think that someone raised by gay or lesbian parents will understand less about sexuality than someone raised by heterosexual parents? To me it seems the opposite is likely true. Gay/Lesbian parents would probably make a greater effort to teach their children about sexuality to make sure they understand both homosexuality and heterosexuality.

I don't understand why people say that children with gay/lesbian parents will be confused, how the hell would they know unless they actually had gay or lesbian parents?


The issue actually has little to do with whether the parents are gay/lesbian or a strait couple.

My brother's wife is takgin her fellowship right now in Chicago in child psychology. The general consensus is there is no noticeable impact on whether you have G,L or S parents. The issue is when a child lacks a masculine or feminine role model. If the child can get that from their parents alone, albeit 2 women, 2 men or a traditional couple, there is no issue, medically or mentally.... as far as anyone has been able to tell.

The more noticeable issue are when boys or girls lack a (feminine or masculine) role to which they are more sexually inclined to. As standard psychology (in extreme basic terms) shows that how children base relationships off of when they are older, is based a lot on how their target sexual partner sex relates to them at a younger age. (Yes, this is the the theory that all us men wanna be with our mothers).

Just some science behind the raising of children, and that the mere fact that you have 2 men or 2 women as parents, will not harm a child.
IreScath
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
October 21 2011 17:17 GMT
#474
On October 22 2011 02:09 Underoath wrote:
I hope it doesn't pass. Gay people have a right to be happy, and to have rights over each other or w/e but marriage has always been a man and woman. Oh well, just my honest opinion.


Slavery also existed in the Western world for thousands of years - why did we even change it . Gays have also always been oppressed by society for thousands of years - why should we change that either.

KEEP IT TRADITIONAL PEOPLE.
Rhine
Profile Joined October 2011
187 Posts
October 21 2011 17:25 GMT
#475
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.


Links? Why do you think so? I have provided numerous citations in this thread that development is mostly independent of parental orientation.
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
October 21 2011 17:27 GMT
#476
On October 22 2011 02:25 Rhine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.


Links? Why do you think so? I have provided numerous citations in this thread that development is mostly independent of parental orientation.

I think so because of personal conviction.
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Geordie
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom653 Posts
October 21 2011 17:28 GMT
#477
Hey more power to them, I think its great and I have always thought that gays had something figured out that us straights havent. If it gets officaly recoginesed I think it is a sign about how the world is so much more open minded these days
Carny
Profile Joined April 2009
Croatia284 Posts
October 21 2011 17:31 GMT
#478
Hopefully it won't get approved because it's just not right to let homosexuals get married or even let them have children. But if it happens to succeed I wouldn't care that much since I don't live in Australia.
Shutting from the Sky
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
October 21 2011 17:36 GMT
#479
On October 22 2011 02:09 Underoath wrote:
I hope it doesn't pass. Gay people have a right to be happy, and to have rights over each other or w/e but marriage has always been a man and woman. Oh well, just my honest opinion.


Tell that to the Emperor of Rome who married another man.

Where do people get this bullshit that marriage has always been between a man and a woman?
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Rhine
Profile Joined October 2011
187 Posts
October 21 2011 17:45 GMT
#480
On October 22 2011 02:27 NeThZOR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 02:25 Rhine wrote:
On October 22 2011 01:21 NeThZOR wrote:
EDIT: And yeah, they most likely will turn out messed up. Their views on sexuality that is.


Links? Why do you think so? I have provided numerous citations in this thread that development is mostly independent of parental orientation.

I think so because of personal conviction.


Ok, that's good, but you must admit that your convictions are not based in fact. They're opinions. The facts argue against that hypothesis.


Hopefully it won't get approved because it's just not right to let homosexuals get married or even let them have children. But if it happens to succeed I wouldn't care that much since I don't live in Australia.


Why is "just not right"? Why do you care?
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1007
Larva 463
ggaemo 337
Stork 276
Leta 185
PianO 127
Killer 32
Hyuk 29
ZergMaN 25
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
yabsab 18
League of Legends
JimRising 394
Reynor72
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King154
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1040
Other Games
summit1g10252
C9.Mang0287
Sick186
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick561
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream194
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2354
League of Legends
• Stunt1925
• Jankos653
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 45m
Online Event
2h 45m
FEL
7h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.