• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:31
CEST 22:31
KST 05:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8663 users

DJ/Music Production Thread - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Parsistamon
Profile Joined July 2010
United States390 Posts
July 19 2011 13:58 GMT
#41
hey guys, I'm just getting started with this stuff. I'm into house and techno but my friend wants me to make some hip hop beats for him. I just want to get familiar with the process. I got the drum sounds and programming down, but I feel like my synths just sound stupid. Any tips to get good sounding synths (for bass, lead etc)?
Deadnate
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada19 Posts
July 19 2011 18:26 GMT
#42
Hey I am Nate aka dj deadnate! I am in media production and technicians program at college and between starcraft and school work I make my own music! I have been working on this cd for the past 7 months and put a lot of time and effort into working on it. This is 100% my own music made with a program that has basic samples of music and I construct them together to make a song To describe my music it’s a mix between chill electro and acoustic music. This file is 100% safe and not that big of a file to dl. If you do not want to dl it check out my youtube page. It has all my music on there to just to show you guys I don’t want to infect or hack your computer! I Kinda want to get into doing this music as side projects for the rest of my life and hell who knows maybe I get a smash hit one day. Any way a lot of my friends enjoy it and I listen to it whenever I am laddering in sc2! any way add me to sc2 if you ever want to play against me (rank 14 diamond) deadnate 267. Subscribe to my channel for when I make more song and enjoy the music

CD : http://www.mediafire.com/?70niuhnz66ou83l
Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/deadnate?feature=mhee
Teh Deadman
dellesh1ruH
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 14:49:42
July 22 2011 14:49 GMT
#43
I just uploaded my remix of Sasha - Cut Me Down. So you guys can download it.
Sasha - Cut Me Down (Stoltenhoff Remix)
Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!
FREEloss_ca
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada603 Posts
July 23 2011 09:46 GMT
#44
Quantum Dissonance is done, let me know what you think!
http://soundcloud.com/justanobody/quantum-dissonance

And my current project. Going for something that isn't intense, but keeps you moving:
http://soundcloud.com/justanobody/lab-work-1rst-edit
"Starcraft...It just echos brilliance and manliness." - Tasteless
Twoinches
Profile Joined April 2010
United States131 Posts
July 23 2011 11:25 GMT
#45
Hello, I am Kyle also known as Twoinches. This is a Early Live track I did back in 2005 opening for Thurston Moore.

http://soundcloud.com/twoinches/poisonmehappy

this is very improv style, not so structured as my later works will show but one hell of a experience.

I went under the name Poison Me Happy back then. I will upload more tracks to my soundclick when I get home from work. I am a Noise artist, enjoy.
Paris hilton Is my Lord and Savior
FREEloss_ca
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada603 Posts
July 28 2011 09:45 GMT
#46
First track on the EP a friend and I are making together:
http://soundcloud.com/totallybangerz/shaolin

Enjoy. Crits please!
"Starcraft...It just echos brilliance and manliness." - Tasteless
BrainAKAdamage
Profile Joined October 2010
England54 Posts
July 28 2011 14:07 GMT
#47
Have only been playing with Reason for about 2 weeks or so, but here's my first track hope you like it
I keep getting chased by Vikings because I commited Grand Theft Overlord - www.youtube.com/herbalman2000 - www.justin.tv/tawbrain
Dizzlecto
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Netherlands52 Posts
July 28 2011 14:14 GMT
#48
herpderp house muuzeek 100% brehbreh let's go!

http://soundcloud.com/dizzlecto

Mixtapes only
Naver doter pro doter
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-28 18:12:57
July 28 2011 18:08 GMT
#49
http://www.samplemagic.com/products/prod_b1_secretshousemusic.html

Great book that has everything you need to know about house production styles.

Also consider buying samples off of Goldbaby. I prefer using original drum samples and then compressing them ad hoc with different compressors. Great site for all your classic drum machine needs.

http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/

I'm gonna make a house/disco club for this forum. Did it at overclock.net but it failed miserably.

I use Ableton and Reaktor 5, which has a wealth of user created instruments and effects. Like to work on french house, ambient, downtempo, and instrumental stuff. Haven't released anything yet though.

Here are some of my influences:

Nightmares on Wax
Curtis Mayfield
Boozoo Bajou
Lemon Jelly
The Avalanches

The Bird Ensemble
Fennesz
Sakamoto
Solo Andata
Beef Terminal
Nybbl
Holoscene
Broken Social Scene
Apostle of Hustle
(Early) Badly Drawn Boy

Hammock
Brian Eno
Windy and Carl
Stars of the Lid
Loscil
Ad Bicycle
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Taiko
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria78 Posts
July 29 2011 04:49 GMT
#50
http://soundcloud.com/inode379223

Back in 2004 some friends and myself started djing just for fun. We started makeing small partys in basments or outdoor, now 7 years later we play at clubs an events (still just for fun).
LeperKahn
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Romania1852 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-29 23:39:24
July 29 2011 23:34 GMT
#51
For those using ableton...

Looking for an LFO that I can plug into any VST. I think max for live should be able to do this, but I'm a noob @ max.

I want to modulate paramaters in operator, and only frequency and 1 other option isn't enough.



Also lets drop cool tips here.

Try hard panning one channel left and one channel right then slightly detuneing them.
Try using simple delay with less than 30ms difference between right and left. It makes a sound much more full.
(For example 1ms delay on right channel and 16ms delay on the left.)
CJ Entusman #14 • http://soundcloud.com/discodinosaur • https://discosaur.bandcamp.com/
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 06:57:12
August 01 2011 06:56 GMT
#52
On July 30 2011 08:34 LeperKahn wrote:
For those using ableton...

Looking for an LFO that I can plug into any VST. I think max for live should be able to do this, but I'm a noob @ max.

I want to modulate paramaters in operator, and only frequency and 1 other option isn't enough.



Also lets drop cool tips here.

Try hard panning one channel left and one channel right then slightly detuneing them.
Try using simple delay with less than 30ms difference between right and left. It makes a sound much more full.
(For example 1ms delay on right channel and 16ms delay on the left.)



Good tricks. Thanks for the tips.

I like using parallel compression, for any house producers out there. You run a compressor with lots of threshold on an aux bus and mix it into the main bus. Most producers will use this for full drum rack compression, but it also works really well for single kick drum compression. You can get that big sound without losing too much detail.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
FREEloss_ca
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada603 Posts
August 01 2011 10:07 GMT
#53
The bass and lead kinda clash ATM, but something I've been working on the last few nights:
http://soundcloud.com/justanobody/something-fierce-sneak-preview
"Starcraft...It just echos brilliance and manliness." - Tasteless
bRuTaL!!
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland588 Posts
August 01 2011 14:01 GMT
#54
Ive been meaning to get into making music but since I dont know anyone or anything, its just an extremely daunting task. The problem is, that every tutorial is either way too advanced (like the once in here with maybe the exception of the first one) or just really bad in quality and/or uninteresting (manuals). Most sites with basic info are just bannerfests with clearly subjective info.

Ive tried downloading FL and trying simple tutorials to get going but since I dont understand even the simplest of things and having demo or (admittedly) illegal software is uninspiring. Seems like to do anything you need some basic equipment like a MIDI controller (I learned what that is yesterday, yea!).

Im too old and impatient to do it the hard way like eJay or playing with demos until I learn it the something from where I could build on. I dont mind paying a bit more so I can enjoy the learning process.

Id like to do electronic dance/trance and remixes.

Ive been considering buying

-Ableton Live Intro (like Ableton more than FL)
-Novation ReMote 25 SL MK II (I can get this one used for a significant price reduction)
-Novation LaunchPad since it looks like an absolute blast but Ill probably hold it off for a while since it not really needed .

Would this make any sense? Are these good? Presuming I have nothing but a basic PC, do I need to have anything else? The 25 SL just connects through USB, right? Live Intro is significantly cheaper but also obviously has less features but does it still enable me to do, say 90% of stuff that is done normally?

On top of that, any guides, tutorials etc. that start with most basic stuff? Does not need to be free, but not more than $50 either. Im not sure if Tom Cosms tutorials start a bit too advanced?

Any links to quality stuff (I have gone throught the links in this thread already)?

Sorry for possibly horrible noobish questions...

Tasteless: "What was it Hans Solo was frozen in? Kryptonite?" Artosis: "Lol, no. Thats the stuff that hurts Batman."
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
August 01 2011 18:27 GMT
#55
On August 01 2011 23:01 bRuTaL!! wrote:

Any links to quality stuff (I have gone throught the links in this thread already)?

Sorry for possibly horrible noobish questions...



Yea, Tom Cosmos would be a little advanced for a beginner. He's a good teacher, even though I don't like his music.

If you think you want to DJ, Ableton is the best buy. You get all the production tools you need and innerstatedj can help you get started.

http://www.musicsoftwaretraining.com/blog/

He's a great teacher and a cool dude. I've personally talked with him and he's very helpful.

Any of the Novation series will be good. For trance type stuff you definitely want a keyboard. Go for one of the keyboard/midi launch units. M-Audio makes great controllers as well.

Just start messing around. That's the best advice I can give you. You'll find production is about 20% knowledge and 80% twisting knobs. You could mathmatically determine all your EQ settings, Compressor thresholds, etc. but in the end, it's just moving knobs around. Work on getting ideas down and saved. Then worry about how it sounds later.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
bRuTaL!!
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland588 Posts
August 03 2011 07:28 GMT
#56
Thanks slytown.

Is there a Team Liquid kind of an one stop place for good info about these things?
Tasteless: "What was it Hans Solo was frozen in? Kryptonite?" Artosis: "Lol, no. Thats the stuff that hurts Batman."
The_Dark
Profile Joined October 2010
South Africa222 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 11:50:28
August 16 2011 11:47 GMT
#57
http://soundcloud.com/terrorbyte/abomination-secret-sands-4

Finished a remix for Psytrance Competition...STAY AWHILE AND LISTEN...
travito
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada88 Posts
August 20 2011 02:53 GMT
#58
If any of you producers/beatmakers are looking for someone to rap over some beats, PM me! And if our two styles work well together, who knows, maybe we could make something out of it!
S4lty
Profile Joined March 2011
37 Posts
August 20 2011 05:11 GMT
#59
Engineer from Underline Ent - also engineered this



www.facebook.com/suskymusic
www.twitter.com/suskymusic
www.soundcloud.com/suskymusic

STD good to go sir.
hugedong
Profile Joined June 2010
United States510 Posts
August 20 2011 05:36 GMT
#60
On July 30 2011 08:34 LeperKahn wrote:
For those using ableton...

Looking for an LFO that I can plug into any VST. I think max for live should be able to do this, but I'm a noob @ max.

I want to modulate paramaters in operator, and only frequency and 1 other option isn't enough.



Also lets drop cool tips here.

Try hard panning one channel left and one channel right then slightly detuneing them.
Try using simple delay with less than 30ms difference between right and left. It makes a sound much more full.
(For example 1ms delay on right channel and 16ms delay on the left.)

http://www.puremagnetik.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=259:max-fuel-the-first&catid=94

max 4 live 4 life
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O142
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason417
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 608
ZZZero.O 142
Zeus 65
soO 55
Hyun 44
Dota 2
qojqva2212
canceldota40
League of Legends
Doublelift1077
Counter-Strike
fl0m5712
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4115
Liquid`Hasu656
Other Games
summit1g5030
FrodaN1249
KnowMe336
ToD251
Pyrionflax212
420jenkins193
Livibee175
QueenE104
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick777
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 105
• Hupsaiya 49
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1834
Other Games
• imaqtpie863
• Shiphtur711
• Scarra1
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 29m
Patches Events
18h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 29m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.