• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9647 users

DJ/Music Production Thread

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
FREEloss_ca
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada603 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 11:17:53
July 13 2011 08:15 GMT
#1
I thought I'd make a thread exclusively for DJ'ing and Music Production. I figured this could be something separate from the EDM thread if we have enough people on tl.net who DJ/Produce.

I've been producing for six months using Fruityloops and now Ableton. Pretty terrible but it's a lot of fun! Here's my soundcloud; everyone else should share theirs too. :3
http://soundcloud.com/justanobody

Haven't started mixing yet; waiting until I have enough cash saved to get a Hercules RMX:
http://www.hercules.com/us/DJ-Music/bdd/p/62/dj-console-rmx/

Apparently it's a great console for the price, and has a high quality, built-in soundcard that will come in handy when you want to expand your set.

Tutorials that helped me:





"Starcraft...It just echos brilliance and manliness." - Tasteless
Maximumraver
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands124 Posts
July 13 2011 12:28 GMT
#2
Haha, that soundcloud link doesn't go to your page :p

You need to post a link with a username, like this:

http://soundcloud.com/maximumraver

Also, those contain my tunes so far And if anyone is interested, on the site www.lsdb.eu you can find mixes of me in a variety of styles such as: Hardstyle, Hardcore (+Gabber), Dance, Trance, Hardtrance etc.

*justabitofselfpromotion*

Also, I recommend hercules gear, the buttons itself aren't that great (I have an MK2), but the durability and what you can do with it is awesome

Anyway, great idea for a thread
(☞/  ̄ヮ ̄) ☞/
Trevanian
Profile Joined June 2011
28 Posts
July 13 2011 12:46 GMT
#3
Shameless self promotion ftw! Thanks for those great links about producing in Ableton.

Here is my Soundcloud Link : http://soundcloud.com/dnztktk

I have been using Ableton Live for mixing as well. My (superbly amateur) mixes include mostly electronic songs, but some dubstep are there to be found as well. I hope you enjoy listening to them as much as I enjoyed putting them together!

0x64
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Finland4647 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 13:05:55
July 13 2011 13:05 GMT
#4
http://soundcloud.com/kimoo

Not much and old and beginner's track
Made with Reason 4.0

One game music mix also around the theme of horror/hope
Dump of assembler code from 0xffffffec to 0x64: End of assembler dump.
WhiZ
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Sweden853 Posts
July 13 2011 13:33 GMT
#5
ohh nice thread =) i use ableton aswell... heres something ive been working on lately!

http://soundcloud.com/kakawaka/tiesto-elements-of-life
why
malady
Profile Joined November 2010
United States600 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 13:40:22
July 13 2011 13:40 GMT
#6
ah nice fellow ableton live users

what kind of gear do you guys use?
i have a modest setup right now using :

akai apc 40
m audio midi keyboard
native instruments audio kontrol 1
and komplete 7 vst plug ins
krk rockit6 monitors

so many possibilities with this program i love it

thats
dumchu
The_Dark
Profile Joined October 2010
South Africa222 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 13:57:03
July 13 2011 13:50 GMT
#7
Nice, I write in Cubase 5.0, Use, Albino, Vanguard, Sylenth , Gladiator, Predator. Been writing for about 8 years, stuff on my soundcloud is a bit old, got a few releases.
Nice thing you have going here, I produce psytrance http://soundcloud.com/terrorbyte , would be nice to also get VST guides/demos in this thread.
The_Dark
Profile Joined October 2010
South Africa222 Posts
July 13 2011 13:51 GMT
#8
On July 13 2011 21:46 Trevanian wrote:
Shameless self promotion ftw! Thanks for those great links about producing in Ableton.

Here is my Soundcloud Link : http://soundcloud.com/dnztktk

I have been using Ableton Live for mixing as well. My (superbly amateur) mixes include mostly electronic songs, but some dubstep are there to be found as well. I hope you enjoy listening to them as much as I enjoyed putting them together!




Your stuff is good man, added to soundcloud
Trevanian
Profile Joined June 2011
28 Posts
July 13 2011 15:44 GMT
#9
On July 13 2011 22:51 The_Dark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2011 21:46 Trevanian wrote:
Shameless self promotion ftw! Thanks for those great links about producing in Ableton.

Here is my Soundcloud Link : http://soundcloud.com/dnztktk

I have been using Ableton Live for mixing as well. My (superbly amateur) mixes include mostly electronic songs, but some dubstep are there to be found as well. I hope you enjoy listening to them as much as I enjoyed putting them together!




Your stuff is good man, added to soundcloud



Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed it
FREEloss_ca
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada603 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 11:19:17
July 14 2011 11:18 GMT
#10
Here's a track i've been working on tonight. Not sure what I want to do with it yet:
http://soundcloud.com/justanobody/just-move

"Starcraft...It just echos brilliance and manliness." - Tasteless
FREEloss_ca
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada603 Posts
July 15 2011 00:35 GMT
#11
New vid! Very Helpful:
"Starcraft...It just echos brilliance and manliness." - Tasteless
dellesh1ruH
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 01:31:15
July 15 2011 01:28 GMT
#12
I produce aswell, although I have been producing for about 6-7 months. I use Fl Studio 9. I only produce House.

I have just uploaded a preview of one of my newest remixes
Dada Life - Cookies With a Smile (Stoltenhoff Remix)
Sasha - Cut Me Down (Stoltenhoff Remix)

My soundcloud

Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!
drop271
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand286 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 01:44:44
July 15 2011 01:37 GMT
#13
On July 13 2011 17:15 FREEloss_ca wrote:
Haven't started mixing yet; waiting until I have enough cash saved to get a Hercules RMX:
http://www.hercules.com/us/DJ-Music/bdd/p/62/dj-console-rmx/


Nice one mate, you'll have a blast once you do. I'd seriously recommend reconsidering your hardware choice though. Regardless of how it may seem now, you will pick it up quickly and want to play gigs at some point! Learning on a digital controller won't help you for live mixing, unless you bring it with you and look like a bit of a tit 2nd hand decks and serato are cheap as and very much industry standard


I've been djing for 12 years, playing drum n bass. I've won a few competitions and things here in NZ. My soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/drop271
Also check http://beatplexity.com/mixes/?name=&artist=drop if you're keen for more!



edit: oh and if anyone wants help on promotion and how to get yourself out there for bookings give me a yell! I've put on or played at hundreds of events and stuff, so know a few tricks about working with venues and getting your foot in!
Faure
Profile Joined April 2010
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 14:25:57
July 15 2011 11:35 GMT
#14
I was wondering, since music production somehow always narrows to electronic/dance production, if there are actual record producers on TL. I mean people that spend time in studio's recording drums for their pop/rock/whatever tracks.
I'm a popproducer, and even though I use a lot of synths and always program my demo's, but for the final track I actually record stuff in studio's. I've made all kinds of different styles, both acoustically and electronically. (Johnny Cash, Gaga, Imogen Heap, Foo Fighters etc etc all kinds of stuff :-)). Mostly I focus on more synthheavy popsongs, but to get around you need to do all styles you can get jobs for .
Are there more people here that are more the (contemporary) studioproducers instead of danceproducers :-)?
Assumption is the mother of all failures.
meetle
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia276 Posts
July 15 2011 12:02 GMT
#15
hey guys. A lot of the stuff in this thread is really good!

I use cubase 6, native instruments synths, various other plugs.

My Soundcloud

cheers.
DevAzTaYtA
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Oman2005 Posts
July 15 2011 12:22 GMT
#16
I'm just getting into producing now using Fruity Loops. Anyone have any recommendations on how to get started? Some good tutorials/forums for beginner/intermediate level? Or should I just experiment and see what I come up with? Mostly interested in making downtempo/mellow hip-hop beats. Cheers
WilbertK
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands210 Posts
July 15 2011 12:37 GMT
#17
I want to chip in. Not sure how to describe my stuff, but here's a link:
http://soundcloud.com/wilbert/wilbert-ft-sandra-helena-dawn
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 12:46:57
July 15 2011 12:45 GMT
#18
Here's my soundcloud with mostly progressive house stuff that I upload from time to time. Haven't really been into it lately, every time I open up fl studio I just end up getting annoyed and do something else. t.t

http://soundcloud.com/ehrencrona

I've been thinking about grabbing one of those midi controller synths though. Anyone got one they could recommend?
dellesh1ruH
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark509 Posts
July 15 2011 12:47 GMT
#19
I don't have a Midi controller, but I have a Midi-keyboard. M-Audio KeyRig 49
Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
July 15 2011 12:50 GMT
#20
On July 15 2011 21:47 dellesh1ruH wrote:
I don't have a Midi controller, but I have a Midi-keyboard. M-Audio KeyRig 49

That's probably what I meant though haha. Although having a couple of knobs wouldn't really hurt either I guess. Is it any good?
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1273
BeSt 333
Soulkey 238
Soma 223
sorry 144
Mind 64
Larva 52
Bale 26
ZerO 25
soO 21
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
scan(afreeca) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
JimRising 595
Counter-Strike
edward134
Other Games
summit1g9077
Coldzera 687
WinterStarcraft652
singsing377
Sick215
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick711
BasetradeTV215
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Jankos959
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 49m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 49m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.