• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:09
CEST 06:09
KST 13:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7235 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 10

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 28 Next All
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 18:45:57
July 06 2011 18:45 GMT
#181
On July 07 2011 02:40 Weson wrote:
Everyone got so fancy jobs
Me myself is working with magazines. I stand besides a machine and whenever it pushes out a stack of magazines i have to put them into boxes. The machine it self is loud as hell and i havn't got a radio. It's a really fun job (sarcasm).

I've applyed for schools in the autumn and hope i'll get accepted into some software engineering program.

One of the best jobs I ever had was working in a box factory putting boxes in boxes. It was so awesome, and I'd still be doing it if it paid as much as my current one.

SERIOUSLY.
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
phANT1m
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
South Africa535 Posts
July 06 2011 18:48 GMT
#182
Well atm sadly still studying though hoping to study a bit further and maybe do a bit in journalism to help out my writing or maybe even study english further.

Though I am currently a free freelance writer (sadly not getting paid yet) ;(. Hoping to get more involved in the starcraft 2 scene above and beyond the interview I do over at polarfluke.co.za.

Looking at the poll I was surprised to see a lot of engineers and not information technology people but hey that's just me .
damngringo
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom34 Posts
July 06 2011 18:51 GMT
#183
On July 07 2011 02:47 Nqsty wrote:
Currently working in a hedgefund, sadly not in the departement I dream of, but I'm grabbing mass exp for the moment, and I'll probably move around next year, hopefully in the same fund


In London? Can you please tell how did you break in?

In PM, if you like. Would appreciate a lot
The man who said "I'd rather be lucky than good" saw deeply into life.
Snake Grunger
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada61 Posts
July 06 2011 18:51 GMT
#184
Am I the only industrial designer here ?
DOODLEcraft anyone ? http://doodlecraft.imgur.com/ -- @doodlecraft on Twitter
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
July 06 2011 18:51 GMT
#185
Web developer, I want to continue on this field but I want to work on other countries, just for the sake of it.
Blix
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands873 Posts
July 06 2011 18:51 GMT
#186
On July 07 2011 03:42 Intox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 03:31 Blix wrote:
I've got a phd in chemical engineering. I'd recommend it, but make sure you love it - otherwise it will be a tough study (followed by a tough life ^_^)

Job prospects are regional i guess. Here in the Netherlands the employment rate is very high (98.5% for my generation), pay is decent, but don't expect to get rich.

In your OP you suggest doing both chemical&civil - i personally don't see the added value of doing two engineering disciplines. I'd rather look into something that provides economical background and/or helps you to influence/manage people.


Basicly what im doing is taking chemical engineer for sure because I love chemistry And then maybe, if the job market is slow or I dont feel done with school, consider taking a 2 year master program to build on my current enducation called "Industrial chemistry and biotechnology" roughly translated. That basicly allows me to get the civil engineer title and choose a bit more specificly what I want to work with, cause within this course there are several specialitys like "Process chemistry" "Bio tech" etc
It also gives management and economy courses and that cant be a bad thing to have ^^


Ah... for me civil engineering is engineering related to roads, bridges, sewage piping, concrete etc. I think you mean something different by that term, hence the confusion. Definitely get a masters degree if you can!
Conquer yourself not the world. - Descartes
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
July 06 2011 18:52 GMT
#187
Programming/Game Design.

I mean I work as a game designer and program stuff as something I would like to eventually move to.
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
Destro
Profile Joined September 2009
Netherlands1206 Posts
July 06 2011 18:53 GMT
#188
Im a visual effects artist currently working for a studio in vancouver, we work on a TV show called sanctuary
bring back weapon of choice for hots!
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
July 06 2011 18:54 GMT
#189
On July 07 2011 03:53 Destro wrote:
Im a visual effects artist currently working for a studio in vancouver, we work on a TV show called sanctuary


Deluxe?
mtwlinux
Profile Joined February 2011
France29 Posts
July 06 2011 18:56 GMT
#190
Well im in High School in France and I want to be a surgeon.
Thrnchkg
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States16 Posts
July 06 2011 18:57 GMT
#191
Im currently studying a mixture of Chemistry, Music, and German. My problem is that I get really interested in one subject for a couple of years, and then move on to another one. First it was chemistry, then music, and now ESPORTS. (the German ive been doing all along, i just like the language.) As for what i plan to do with it all, I will almost certainly pursue some sort of PhD track, with the intent to teach at a university. Whether i do that as a musicologist, a composer, or a chemist has yet to be decided.
" YOU'RE UGLY, WHY" iNcontroL in reference to Artosis' hair, SotG Ep. 23 / I am a fan of ESPORTS, and ALL of its participants.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 18:58:34
July 06 2011 18:58 GMT
#192
On July 07 2011 03:45 bonifaceviii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 02:40 Weson wrote:
Everyone got so fancy jobs
Me myself is working with magazines. I stand besides a machine and whenever it pushes out a stack of magazines i have to put them into boxes. The machine it self is loud as hell and i havn't got a radio. It's a really fun job (sarcasm).

I've applyed for schools in the autumn and hope i'll get accepted into some software engineering program.

One of the best jobs I ever had was working in a box factory putting boxes in boxes. It was so awesome, and I'd still be doing it if it paid as much as my current one.

SERIOUSLY.


Great Little Box Factory?

They seriously have a record for being one of the best employers in all of Canada.

Great Little Box Factory Employee Benefits

You take you're box making resume there and apply!
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
July 06 2011 18:58 GMT
#193
Currently a locomotive conductor with the eventual goal of being a locomotive engineer.
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 06 2011 18:58 GMT
#194
Ah... for me civil engineering is engineering related to roads, bridges, sewage piping, concrete etc. I think you mean something different by that term, hence the confusion. Definitely get a masters degree if you can!


Might be me messing up translations, its called "Sivil ingeniør" in norwegian so :p
Anyways its a masters degree No confusion there ^^
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
July 06 2011 18:58 GMT
#195
Medical doctor ^^ Trying to specialize in either intensive care (anesthesia) or infectious diseases.

It wasn't something I knew all along, but I had one of the five best averages in the country so I could pretty much pick whatever I wanted when I left gymnasiet. I actually ended up rolling a dice when I had to decide which education to apply for as I was horrible conflicted over chemical engineer or medical doctor - both my father and my sister are chemical engineers so if you've got any questions I'll gladly try and shed some light on it if I can @ OP.

But yeah, my dice ended up showing chemical engineer but it simply felt wrong so I went with medical doctor instead. I'll admit there are moments (@ exams) when I regret it though - I'm far better at chemistry than medicine, but the human aspect is what makes medicine so special and I get to use a lot more of myself as a doctor which I find very fulfilling.

@Blix:
In scandinavia it isn't 2 different engineering disciplines, just our masters are called civil engineers when talking about engineers. You can either study chemisty as an engineer (so you will end up as a civil engineer in chemisty if you do the masters) or at the university. The university education is more geared towards research and less towards the industry than the civil engineers.
HelixDnB
Profile Joined March 2011
United States34 Posts
July 06 2011 18:59 GMT
#196
On July 07 2011 03:32 ElusoryX wrote:
dream: to be a progamer
aspiration: to be a teacher

dreams are what i know cannot come true to me, aspiration is what i work towards (:


That's not true at all - my dream was to work in the video game industry - it's the only thing I've ever wanted to do with my life - ever. It took 3 years of harrrrrrd work and long hours after my 9-5 job, but, now I'm living my dream and I couldn't be happier. Granted, Pro Gaming isn't as "reliable" as other jobs, but if that's what you dream doing with your life - you have to put in the effort.

After I came home from work, I'd spend 5-6 hours each night working on 3d or working on levels for my portfolio...and I did this most days for the better part of 3 years, but, it paid off immensely. If you want to be a pro-gamer or ANYTHING for that matter, you have to put in the work.
"Shouting bite-sized self-assuring snippets of random thoughts into the air is basically how our generation communicates now."
brz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States42 Posts
July 06 2011 19:02 GMT
#197
I'm a paramedic for the largest hospital based EMS in the southeast.
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
July 06 2011 19:02 GMT
#198
On July 07 2011 03:27 whiteguycash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 03:24 Psychobabas wrote:
After studying Business to Masters level and working in finance, insurance and banking I decided that I despise these industries and plan to work in education. Or at least any organisation where I dont hear the words "profit" and "performance" every fucking day.


Its not for everybody. There is alot of strategy involved in Finance, and that is part of what draws me to it. Takes a definite type A personality to be a Trader. The trading assistants, not necessarily, you just have to be able to read the mind of the trader you are assisting, ROFL.


It's not that. It's basically I have no interest in making an already financial giant, more money nor do I really give a sh!t. It's a personal thing. Problem is, I have studied/worked in these industries since 17 years old and I am 29...
Guess it's never too late huh.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
July 06 2011 19:02 GMT
#199
On July 07 2011 03:51 Snake Grunger wrote:
Am I the only industrial designer here ?


I manage a lot of industrial/3d design, occasionally do some basic industrial design, but I don't have the skill set or education to claim to be a legitmate industrial designer.

I work in exhibit design, specializing in the 2D elements. Currently I managing other designers (graphics, architecture, landscape architecture, industrial/exhibits).

Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
July 06 2011 19:02 GMT
#200
EE all the way!
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft465
RuFF_SC2 203
ViBE105
Nina 92
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3411
GuemChi 1015
Leta 111
Terrorterran 86
Bale 39
NaDa 32
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox904
Mew2King34
Other Games
summit1g7391
JimRising 592
C9.Mang0286
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick749
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota274
League of Legends
• Lourlo1146
• Stunt345
Other Games
• Shiphtur512
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
11h 51m
The PondCast
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.