• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:56
CEST 18:56
KST 01:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9123 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 Next All
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 17:43:16
July 06 2011 15:22 GMT
#1
So the title pretty much says it all, im curious as to what people here on TL work as or what enducation you're currently under and what that education will lead to.

As for me, I'm taking my engineering prep course, with plans to become a chemical engineer and maybe even a civil engineering degree on top of that, but we'll see what the future brings ^^

If anyone here is under education to become, or is a chemical engineer I'd love to hear what you think of it

Poll: What do you work with or study?

Engineering and Related Technologies (294)
 
24%

Information Technology (225)
 
18%

Natural and Physical Sciences (139)
 
11%

Health (129)
 
10%

Management and Commerce (125)
 
10%

Creative Arts (97)
 
8%

Education (70)
 
6%

Nothing (45)
 
4%

Society and Culture (43)
 
3%

Food, Hospitality and Personal Services (36)
 
3%

Architecture and Building (26)
 
2%

Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (16)
 
1%

1245 total votes

Your vote: What do you work with or study?

(Vote): Natural and Physical Sciences
(Vote): Information Technology
(Vote): Engineering and Related Technologies
(Vote): Architecture and Building
(Vote): Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies
(Vote): Health
(Vote): Education
(Vote): Management and Commerce
(Vote): Society and Culture
(Vote): Creative Arts
(Vote): Food, Hospitality and Personal Services
(Vote): Nothing


Add a comment specifying what you do !


Yung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States727 Posts
July 06 2011 15:24 GMT
#2
Im hope that in high school i get good at sc2 and become a progamer, but I will prob go into some IT job like writing code or even working on componits and stuff.
Wargable
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
July 06 2011 15:25 GMT
#3
I'm working as a runner/project assistant for a law firm at the moment, but I don't know what I wanna make a career yet
"That brings my piss to a boil."
Erectum
Profile Joined August 2010
France194 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 15:43:23
July 06 2011 15:26 GMT
#4
I'am not a chemical engineer but as i know from my friends it's not that easy to find a job atm.

Maybe it's different in other countries.

EDIT: Forgot to add my job :p

Business intelligence Consultant
Triscuit
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States722 Posts
July 06 2011 15:26 GMT
#5
I'm going to the University of Texas at Austin for Computer Science, and am about to be a senior.

Currently I'm working as a software tools intern for Cray Supercomputers. I'd like to go into Software Engineering after I graduate, and potentially go back for my masters or maybe PhD depending on if I feel I can cut it.
UisTehSux
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States693 Posts
July 06 2011 15:27 GMT
#6
I just got a letter about 3 days ago informing me I've been accepted into the police academy. Orientation is July 20th.

Going to follow in my dads foot steps. <3
I underestimated that boy. No... it was not the boy I underestimated, it was the Triforce of Courage.
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 15:28:59
July 06 2011 15:28 GMT
#7
Still have a year in school, but after that I'm aspiring to study to be a civil engineer. I'd love to have a job where i invent/create stuff :D. A good education will atleast see to it that I'll always be able to find some sort of job ^^.

Edit: Post 666 :O
Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
July 06 2011 15:29 GMT
#8
I'm at the University of Heidelberg studying medicine. *brag*
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 06 2011 15:29 GMT
#9
On July 07 2011 00:27 UisTehSux wrote:
I just got a letter about 3 days ago informing me I've been accepted into the police academy. Orientation is July 20th.

Going to follow in my dads foot steps. <3

Congrats ^^ Happy for you
Deleted_143
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia256 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 15:32:43
July 06 2011 15:29 GMT
#10
--- Nuked ---
Zootre
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark180 Posts
July 06 2011 15:30 GMT
#11
Aircraft mechanic.. Not able to become apprentice anywere in DK Hope i can find a place somewhere in Europe.
Kalingingsong
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada633 Posts
July 06 2011 15:31 GMT
#12
lawyer, then venture capitalist.
Dess.JadeFalcon
TadH
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1846 Posts
July 06 2011 15:31 GMT
#13
Right now I work for the largest privately held telecommunications company in Canada, we are partners with Google, Microsoft and others.

I work as "Pre Sales Support" Basically on my way to becoming a Sales Engineer. I also do work in the Data Centre, running fiber, setting up servers, hubs, switches.

I's also starting to manage new Lync accounts. Which is the new version of OCS.

My Certifications include Networking+, A+, MCITP, MCSE, MS Office Certified. And other more obscure ones.

Basically if I don't fuck this up, this is where I can grow my career, I work in the corporate ehad quarters, along side with the VP, CEO, CTO and directors.

I actually love my job.
Calm
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada380 Posts
July 06 2011 15:32 GMT
#14
Right now I'm an admin on an oil and gas construction site, starting my first year of law school in the fall! Very excited.
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 15:32:49
July 06 2011 15:32 GMT
#15
On July 07 2011 00:29 Klesky wrote:
So glad one of these threads up, seeing as I recently got my first job. I work in the research department of a large corporation, we write software to demonstrate some practical business function, present it at one of the bi-annual research-meetings, and then this project is either scrapped or sent off to the development team to be produced and then sold as packaged software. Fucking awesome job, it's massively relaxed, come and go whenever you want, and they provide unlimited drinks in the fridge for free.

Sounds cool, maybe I'll come to use some of your software someday in my future job
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 06 2011 15:32 GMT
#16
I am currently programming a database for an engineering company.
This is a great job in the field i want for the summer.
My uncle works here and its a pretty community centered place where we do everything on our products from design to production and distribution.

What I aspire to do is design things. I really want to make something and sell it for a lot of money.
I can also see myself being some sort of engineer for hire type thing like.. want motion sensing toilets or cameras or voice activated lights or televisions? give me a call! kinda thing
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
eight.BiT
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States240 Posts
July 06 2011 15:34 GMT
#17
I do work at home DSL tech support to pay my way through my Comp Sci degree. Hopefully I'm able to stay afloat until I finish!
Ashes
Profile Joined January 2011
United States362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 15:37:41
July 06 2011 15:34 GMT
#18
I am currently pursuing my PhD in Systems Engineering and Operations Research. I have already completed my Masters in Electrical Engineering.

I aspire to open my own Air Traffic Management and Research Company. My immediate goal is to become a Senior Aviation Analyst.

EDIT: If my interest dies in Aviation, I might become a Senior Data Analyst @ Blizzard :D
Keitzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2509 Posts
July 06 2011 15:35 GMT
#19
On July 07 2011 00:31 TadH wrote:
Right now I work for the largest privately held telecommunications company in Canada, we are partners with Google, Microsoft and others.

I work as "Pre Sales Support" Basically on my way to becoming a Sales Engineer. I also do work in the Data Centre, running fiber, setting up servers, hubs, switches.

I's also starting to manage new Lync accounts. Which is the new version of OCS.

My Certifications include Networking+, A+, MCITP, MCSE, MS Office Certified. And other more obscure ones.

Basically if I don't fuck this up, this is where I can grow my career, I work in the corporate ehad quarters, along side with the VP, CEO, CTO and directors.

I actually love my job.


and you do anything starcraft related because? lol

cuz it sounds like (assuming you continue on your path) you got it made, ya?
I'm like badass squared | KeitZer.489
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 06 2011 15:35 GMT
#20
No idea, I'm doing Sociology and my minor hasn't been decided, but I'll take any job that seems contributory, fun and prideful D:

What job offers that for Sociologists that isn't research or statistics?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
1 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem421
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 421
IndyStarCraft 180
Railgan 70
BRAT_OK 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31351
Shuttle 2502
BeSt 489
Larva 362
ggaemo 203
Soma 187
Mind 162
Dewaltoss 117
Last 85
Sexy 78
[ Show more ]
hero 71
Zeus 50
Hyun 41
Killer 40
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 23
Rock 18
PianO 17
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5477
qojqva2821
Dendi1303
420jenkins443
Counter-Strike
fl0m4691
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3283
Khaldor1291
Liquid`Hasu1047
MindelVK12
Other Games
FrodaN1882
singsing1738
byalli958
B2W.Neo932
Beastyqt797
ArmadaUGS193
Hui .166
KnowMe134
QueenE91
Mew2King52
CosmosSc2 29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1005
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 50
• FirePhoenix2
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4027
League of Legends
• Nemesis2881
Other Games
• Shiphtur277
• WagamamaTV236
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 4m
Replay Cast
6h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 4m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.