• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:52
CEST 04:52
KST 11:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7847 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 28 Next All
mardi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1164 Posts
July 06 2011 16:10 GMT
#61
Going to school to become a Chemical Engineer. I want to get an MBA and pursue a graduate degree perhaps in Engineering or maybe med school. Later on in life, I want to become a teacher and own my own restaurant.
Aelip
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark321 Posts
July 06 2011 16:10 GMT
#62
I work as a chef at a local hotel, love it.
Marou
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1371 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 16:11:35
July 06 2011 16:11 GMT
#63
I'm a web developer in a small company, we are all living in different country (all in europe tho) so i work from home.

When i started programming i was thinking that webdeveloppement is silly but after more than two years in the field, i actually like it Web developpement can be boring, especially if you work on a shitty website, but when you have to build a solid webApp things get cool 8)

The thing i love the most is the amasing freedom i have in my company, small companies are the best
twitter@RickyMarou
Yuka
Profile Joined June 2010
United States133 Posts
July 06 2011 16:11 GMT
#64
Without going into too much detail, I am working in the coolest possible job you can imagine that incorporates my interests and my academic background: international relations, cyber security issues, statistics, and online gaming.
Race? No, I'm equally bad with all of them.
Timestreamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel157 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 16:13:19
July 06 2011 16:12 GMT
#65
If everything goes ridiculously well then I'd love to get into the Quantum Communication research staff at some big university(wouldn't mind Caltech for example ^^).
Seeing as the chances of that happening are quite slim(along the line of "the chance I'll meet a beautiful american blond girl with a filthy rich father, who believes she should worship the very ground beneath my feet" kinda luck)....I'd probably end where all physicists end up - programming Assembly 0_0
Epx
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland209 Posts
July 06 2011 16:13 GMT
#66
I'm BOSS.
HerroPreaseTN
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Norway71 Posts
July 06 2011 16:13 GMT
#67
I'm working as a storage worker (not sure if it's translated correctly). I have to admit it's quite nice having a job where I can completely forget about anything job related when the day is over and where I'm utterly replaceable - so when I've got vacations, I really have a vacation.

Else from that I'm aspiring to finally publish a poem collection, write a script for a movie and probably other fun stuff which seems like fun to do at least once in life ^_^
DDAngelo
Profile Joined April 2011
United States71 Posts
July 06 2011 16:14 GMT
#68
I am a quality control tech for a wholesale video equipment rental business. In reality I mostly work freight, but I do get to play with a lot of gear and it's a good foothold into the tv production industry so that's pretty cool :D
Nietzsche is dead. Go figure.
TadH
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1846 Posts
July 06 2011 16:15 GMT
#69
On July 07 2011 01:11 Yuka wrote:
Without going into too much detail, I am working in the coolest possible job you can imagine that incorporates my interests and my academic background: international relations, cyber security issues, statistics, and online gaming.



So you work for pokerstars?
Takuah
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States76 Posts
July 06 2011 16:17 GMT
#70
On July 07 2011 00:57 djWHEAT wrote:
I was hired at my company to deploy a massive Cloud Backup System (using the Asigra platform) for small community banks. My one man team turned into a team of 4 and I now manage the team. Performing maintenance, storage upgrades, and third level support for about 300+ customers.

I fucking hate it. I want to be doing eSports full time... but it does feed the family and put a roof over our heads.


What certs do you have? Just curious, about to acquire my CCNA, was wondering where that might get me to start off?
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
July 06 2011 16:19 GMT
#71
going to start as a trainee in a major hotel next month
Kevmeister @ Dota2
iansanew
Profile Joined July 2011
New Zealand86 Posts
July 06 2011 16:19 GMT
#72
I work as an independent automated speculation systems developer (research and implementation, the whole process from start to finish).
In short bots for financial market speculation.I also collaborate with a trading firm.

Im finishing my second degree in statistics and finance (finance is a total waste of time if you have statistics). The first degree was in biology .

I aspire to destroy all the other traders out there and prove I am a force to be reckoned with.
IreScath
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada521 Posts
July 06 2011 16:19 GMT
#73
I work for AMD in product marketing (GPU's)

I race go - karts and other than that... play sc2 or do random stuff with the fiance.

Also the occasional MMO binge with RL friends.

Aspire to?.. I'd like to do something to make sc2 more mainstream (all eSports really).. Whether that's with my current job I guess we'll see.
IreScath
Artunit
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Philippines400 Posts
July 06 2011 16:21 GMT
#74
I do Online Marketing, usually focus on SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) and SMM ( Social Media Marketing ).
NrT.Artunit
FT.aCt)Sony
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1049 Posts
July 06 2011 16:23 GMT
#75
I'm active duty military where I work as a Airfield Operations Manager.

I control aircraft activity up to departure and upon arrival. Aside from physical aircraft, I conduct flight plan verification to ensure the route of flight is accurate.

Aside from aircraft activities, I aid in the maintenance, construction and putting together of airfield requirements such as pavement, lighting, navigational aids, airfield signs and paint markings.

This is a general layout of what I do on a day to day basis aside from dealing with the military bs.
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 16:24:35
July 06 2011 16:24 GMT
#76
I don't know what my title is to be honest. I'm doing an internship now where I focus a lot of my attention on copywriting (luckily I'm writing in Swedish, not english ). I'm also the project lead on a project thats really interesting. A married couple is exploring Svalbard and I'm keeping contact with them over satellite phone, tracking their progress and writing articles about their journey. They'll begin their journey next week and I'm really looking forward to it.

When I graduated from high school I was so sure that I wanted to do tech stuff. Maybe get into programming or something similar. I ended up enrolling into a 2 year long Network Technician programme at Luleå University. After just a few days I could tell that it was the wrong place for me. Boring classes, uninspired teachers ('You'll never use what you learn here outside the classroom') and so on made me drop out after 2 months.

I basically turned into a bum at this point, living at my parents and trying to figure out what to do. After a few months I spotted a Media and Communication Science programme that focused on strategic communication. I sent in and application and forgot about it. A few months later I got a letter saying I was accepted. The entire class was awesome and after three years I graduated only to find that there were no jobs.

I figured that I might as well continue studying. I took classes in design, writing, web development, photography and so on until I finally came to the conclusion that I needed a job. Just taking more and more student loans wouldn't cut it.

On new years eve I met up with a friend of mine who said she was working at a small start-up company with a big corporation backing it. They were looking for a few more people and she said she'd talk to her boss, maybe I could get an interview or something.

Long story short, I started an internship there a month ago. They did not have the budget to hire me right away but said that an internship might be a good opportunity to test the waters a bit to see if I'd fit in.

Early last month was my first day and I'm loving it so far. I'm doing important projects that I get to lead myself and I feel that its more like a real job than a simple internship. In the few weeks I've been there I've done a lot of copywriting in a lot of different areas. Banners, web sites, brochures, feature-articles, PR, press releases, scripts for commercials etc. It's so creative, it's awesome.

The only downside so far is that it is a bit slow sometimes because they haven't had time to pitch my expertise to their customers yet (they havent been able to offer anything like what I can provide in the past). I'm also doing SEM, strategies for crisis management, social media and internal communication. I do a lot of different stuff. My hope is that I can start "for real" asap after my internship is over.

EDIT: Good god I rambled on. Sorry about that.
katzby
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States110 Posts
July 06 2011 16:24 GMT
#77
My career path is to become a cosmetic surgeon. But I also wanna be a pro-gamer or a semi-pro at the very least haha. I can imagine myself telling my patients, I was a gamer. It's just a weird combo of livelihoods.
artynko
Profile Joined November 2010
Slovakia86 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 16:24:52
July 06 2011 16:24 GMT
#78
I work as a team lead & senior developer, my team creates a software capable of moving huge quantities of data between various datasources.
HelixDnB
Profile Joined March 2011
United States34 Posts
July 06 2011 16:25 GMT
#79
I work at Insomniac Games (Resistance 3, Ratchet and Clank, Overstrike, etc), been here almost a year as an Information Architect (I design the visual look of our engine software as well as make sure it's as usable as possible). It's a lot of hard work but it's the best job I've ever had. Prior to this I did 3 1/2 years of video/motion graphics in the pharmaceutical industry which sucked :|

Spare time - dj'ing, 3d, music production, starcraft 2, etc.
"Shouting bite-sized self-assuring snippets of random thoughts into the air is basically how our generation communicates now."
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 16:26:54
July 06 2011 16:25 GMT
#80
I'm a business analyst for BMO Capital Markets, specifically for the anti-money-laundering department.

I'm working on a project here that'll help us catch the bad guys.
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1953
GuemChi 1486
Artosis 660
910 80
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
Bale 20
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm190
febbydoto19
Counter-Strike
taco 585
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox530
Other Games
summit1g8096
Doublelift1925
JimRising 590
C9.Mang0362
Day[9].tv323
PiGStarcraft248
Maynarde114
WinterStarcraft46
CosmosSc2 18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv323
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 8m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.