• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:46
CEST 02:46
KST 09:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8191 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 27

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 Next All
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
July 27 2011 19:09 GMT
#521
Hopefully graduate school to get a PharmD and then become a pharmacist :D
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Stereotype
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States136 Posts
July 27 2011 19:14 GMT
#522
Heading into my clinical year as a Physician Assistant atm; loving every minute of it!
Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. -- John Lennon
Caloooomi
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland188 Posts
July 27 2011 19:21 GMT
#523
Currently doing my MEng in Chemical Engineering - going into my 3rd (out of 5) year. Hopefully next summer I shall be doing work exp. with my friend in an oil company up in Aberdeen, but we shall see what happens.

What I aspire to however... is just to be a good father - daughter was born on Monday )
Booga booga booga~
lizzard_warish
Profile Joined June 2011
589 Posts
July 27 2011 19:25 GMT
#524
On July 07 2011 00:31 TadH wrote:
Right now I work for the largest privately held telecommunications company in Canada, we are partners with Google, Microsoft and others.

I work as "Pre Sales Support" Basically on my way to becoming a Sales Engineer. I also do work in the Data Centre, running fiber, setting up servers, hubs, switches.

I's also starting to manage new Lync accounts. Which is the new version of OCS.

My Certifications include Networking+, A+, MCITP, MCSE, MS Office Certified. And other more obscure ones.

Basically if I don't fuck this up, this is where I can grow my career, I work in the corporate ehad quarters, along side with the VP, CEO, CTO and directors.

I actually love my job.
So you work for bell.
Drolla
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom389 Posts
July 27 2011 19:27 GMT
#525
Would love to do Biochemistry at Glasgow University in 2 years once i finish school. Then after that I have the choice of getting a job or going full time SC2.
islandhome
Profile Joined May 2010
United States49 Posts
July 27 2011 19:29 GMT
#526
In retrospect, I shouldn't have been surprised by how many people are engineers / engineer-path here! I'm a biologist myself. Hooray natural sciences!
Zetter
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany629 Posts
July 27 2011 20:06 GMT
#527
Currently studying lutheran theology first year, still don't know if I want to get my doctorate. If so, I'll perhaps become a professor, but in the moment I just want to be a normal pastor.
Mendici sumus. Hoc est verum. | I don't mind straight people, as long as they act gay in public. | Es ist keine Tugend edel geboren werden, sondern sich edel machen | οἶδα οὐκ εἰδώς
Ketch
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands7285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 20:12:56
July 27 2011 20:11 GMT
#528
I guess I do Engineering and related technologies, but I am working as a junior project manager at a serious game / virtual reality / simulation company. Oh, we also do a lot of projects around design, in creative industries.

It sits in between engineering and IT.

Edit: Oh, I studied Industrial Design btw
_romantic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States455 Posts
July 27 2011 20:17 GMT
#529
I do general strategy consulting with one of McK/Bain/BCG. Planning on moving to VC within a year or two, and my roommate and I launched a startup in June.
Jaedong beats other players. Bisu beats other players, in PL. Flash beats Starcraft.
nemui
Profile Joined February 2011
United States17 Posts
July 27 2011 20:18 GMT
#530
I work in the advertising industry as a Media Planner. Not 100% sure what I want to do.
Whalecore
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway1111 Posts
July 27 2011 20:42 GMT
#531
Studying Information Technology, working as a web designer on the side.
Playgu
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
July 27 2011 20:52 GMT
#532
--- Nuked ---
RinesOnRx
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada74 Posts
July 27 2011 20:53 GMT
#533
I am currently a pharmacy student, but I don't think I want to work as a pharmacist full time when I graduate .
I was intersted in history in HS, but accepted that oppertunities in history is very limited. I did a year of chemistry in undergrad and ended up liking it. Accepted an offer from pharmacy school thinking that pharmacy would be a good way to make a living, but I am having a lot of second thoughts after I started pharmacy school.
Think I prefer an office job relating to pharmaceutical patents or administrative side of drug distribution.
metharon
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden71 Posts
July 27 2011 20:53 GMT
#534
i just lift rocks from place a to place b, wheres my option? :/
RinesOnRx
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada74 Posts
July 27 2011 20:54 GMT
#535
On July 28 2011 04:21 Caloooomi wrote:
Currently doing my MEng in Chemical Engineering - going into my 3rd (out of 5) year. Hopefully next summer I shall be doing work exp. with my friend in an oil company up in Aberdeen, but we shall see what happens.

What I aspire to however... is just to be a good father - daughter was born on Monday )


Congratulations
bigwig123
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
163 Posts
July 27 2011 20:59 GMT
#536
On July 28 2011 05:53 metharon wrote:
i just lift rocks from place a to place b, wheres my option? :/


this but with logs im sad there is no physical labor option to vote
Manimal_pro
Profile Joined June 2010
Romania991 Posts
July 27 2011 21:02 GMT
#537
i'm working for Airbus Germany in the purchasing department
If you like brood war, please go play brood war and stop whining about SC2
Trowa127
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1230 Posts
July 27 2011 21:15 GMT
#538
On July 27 2011 15:07 TurkeyKnight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2011 13:30 OneOther wrote:
On July 27 2011 13:26 Xaerkar wrote:
I am only in high school but due to the ways of society economics/finance seems to be the most profitable occupation for me, so I will most likely strive for a good graduate school in that regard.
I'd like to have a job that has hours suitable for my Starcraft 2 playing though. =D By the time I get a job hopefully Legacy of the Void will have been released, but blizzard is so slow at releasing expansions I highly doubt the plausibility.

A job in finance and have time for Starcraft...one can hope I guess


Most finance jobs are 9-5's. That leaves the entire evening open for starcraft for most people. Don't forget weekends.


Lol are you trolling bro? You're going to be working 50/60 hour weeks nearly every week in most financial professions these days, even accounting.
Bling, MC, Snute, HwangSin, Deranging (<3) fan. 'Full name - ESP ORTS' Vote hotbid. Vote ESPORTS.
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 21:22:20
July 27 2011 21:22 GMT
#539
I work in the IT department of a biometrics company. Plus I have my own consulting company. Some days I don't have time to take a shit. One day I want to switch industries and open a restaurant. Glad I have today off.
There's no S in KT. :P
Isken
Profile Joined November 2010
Korea (South)1131 Posts
July 27 2011 22:01 GMT
#540
Studying HR (sounds funny) and working at the moment full-time at an international recruitment consultancy as part of my studies (I'm only in the company for 6 months because I have classes in 2012 ).
A part of my job is to be the one reading the application and being the first to read the CV.
Reading the crazy shit people write amazes me ("interests : hockey, soccer, marital life" guess I know what you appreciated in your couple uh :p ).

Aspiring to work in an HR department inside a company after seeing a bit the pure recruitment part.
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 464
Bale 32
League of Legends
Doublelift4435
Other Games
summit1g7874
JimRising 525
ViBE245
Livibee204
KnowMe164
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick679
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur544
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 14m
Patches Events
14h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 14m
OSC
22h 14m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.