• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7176 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 25

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All
Rasun
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States787 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 03:55:02
July 27 2011 03:54 GMT
#481
On July 27 2011 12:38 Steel wrote:
I hope to do research in Physics (Astro or Quantum, or both )
Currently doing my Bachelors in Physics/Math (honors, 2 majors)

Oh I this summer I work for my local city, cutting grass and trees and planting new trees and flowers.


O.o I envy you, Quantum Physics is fascinating to me. My best friends brother is majoring in Archaeology! How awesome is that?

I shall be studying Biochemistry, I grew up on a farm and my dream is to get a job with a company like Pioneer Seed or Becks's Hybrids, and develop new varieties of corn, wheat, and soybean seeds to increase things like yield potential, disease resistance, or moisture absorption.
"People need to just settle the fuck down!"- Djwheat <3
epikAnglory
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1120 Posts
July 27 2011 03:57 GMT
#482
Federal Prosecutor in the Criminal Affairs Department
710+ Posts with a Probe Icon =D
Legat0
Profile Joined October 2010
United States318 Posts
July 27 2011 03:57 GMT
#483
I'm currently studying Electrical & Computer Engineering but in the mean time I work overnights at a group home >.<
NguN
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1322 Posts
July 27 2011 04:00 GMT
#484
Currently in uni studying Civil Engineering and Business. Not sure which I want to go into though, Civil Eng kinda bores me.

Also working part-time at a retail store to earn some cash while studying.
Yew
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States940 Posts
July 27 2011 04:00 GMT
#485
I aspire to be a pro gamer, but that probably won't ever happen. I don't know what I want to do really, so I guess I'll just blindly go to college and choose something that makes a good amount of money.
Silver777
Profile Joined March 2010
United States347 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 04:14:26
July 27 2011 04:11 GMT
#486
I'm planning to some sort of composite work, ideally developing body armor for a private firm.

For now its just the PhD track, in Materials Science & Engineering, working on powder processing for laparoscopic instruments, high elastic(nitinol) arrays for inside a matrices for plane wings, and diamond CVD/CVI growth for surgical blades/nanoelectronics.
Syben
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
July 27 2011 04:16 GMT
#487
Going to be studying International Business and Logistics at California Maritime Academy here soon. Going to do their pre-coast guard program also.
Definitely gonna switch to G, the only race I havent played yet. - TLO
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
July 27 2011 04:17 GMT
#488
I'm in the business field, accounting to be more specific.There is no option for this.

Or would it be "Management and commerce?"
Shableh
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada40 Posts
July 27 2011 04:20 GMT
#489
In my second year of Uni, and am currently working as a software developer for a company called Signiant.

As for what I'm studying in University, my degree is in Computer Science in the Computer Game Development stream
I don't always herp, but when I herp, I derp
MASSivezTV
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States289 Posts
July 27 2011 04:24 GMT
#490
Monmouth University Class of 2015
Major: Software Engineer / Computer Science
Xaerkar
Profile Joined January 2011
United States230 Posts
July 27 2011 04:26 GMT
#491
I am only in high school but due to the ways of society economics/finance seems to be the most profitable occupation for me, so I will most likely strive for a good graduate school in that regard.
I'd like to have a job that has hours suitable for my Starcraft 2 playing though. =D By the time I get a job hopefully Legacy of the Void will have been released, but blizzard is so slow at releasing expansions I highly doubt the plausibility.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
July 27 2011 04:30 GMT
#492
On July 27 2011 13:26 Xaerkar wrote:
I am only in high school but due to the ways of society economics/finance seems to be the most profitable occupation for me, so I will most likely strive for a good graduate school in that regard.
I'd like to have a job that has hours suitable for my Starcraft 2 playing though. =D By the time I get a job hopefully Legacy of the Void will have been released, but blizzard is so slow at releasing expansions I highly doubt the plausibility.

A job in finance and have time for Starcraft...one can hope I guess
Hansibot
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark72 Posts
July 27 2011 04:36 GMT
#493
I work as an Auditor, and got my Deploma this summer, and am starting my Candidate degree (roughly a Masters equevelant) in the fall.

Once I get that I think I will continue my education and become a 'State authorized public accountant' - Though the exams are absolutly brutal. - Only held once a year, and has 40+% fail rate. And that's people who have gone through ~10 years of studying, and working.
Demonhunter04
Profile Joined July 2011
1530 Posts
July 27 2011 05:13 GMT
#494
Well...Bioengineering falls under engineering, natural and physical sciences, and health...so I just voted engineering lol
"If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow" - SlayerSMMA
AlienAlias
Profile Joined June 2009
United States324 Posts
July 27 2011 05:28 GMT
#495
Studying with hopes of becoming a Chemical engineer. One day I want to work with solar power or nanotechnology :D
targ
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Malaysia445 Posts
July 27 2011 05:31 GMT
#496
The interesting thing is that TL has a disproportionately high number of people in the science fields.

I'm now doing business enterprise software consulting (SAP). Hope to move over to management consulting though...
http://billyfoong.blogspot.com/ my other opinions are here
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
July 27 2011 05:50 GMT
#497
I would love to do one of two things since I obviously suck too much to be a progamer: Mechanical engineering and be a mechanic for a huge company like Porsche, or go into robotics. Either way is perfectly fine with me.
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
July 27 2011 06:07 GMT
#498
On July 27 2011 13:30 OneOther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2011 13:26 Xaerkar wrote:
I am only in high school but due to the ways of society economics/finance seems to be the most profitable occupation for me, so I will most likely strive for a good graduate school in that regard.
I'd like to have a job that has hours suitable for my Starcraft 2 playing though. =D By the time I get a job hopefully Legacy of the Void will have been released, but blizzard is so slow at releasing expansions I highly doubt the plausibility.

A job in finance and have time for Starcraft...one can hope I guess


Most finance jobs are 9-5's. That leaves the entire evening open for starcraft for most people. Don't forget weekends.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 06:13:29
July 27 2011 06:09 GMT
#499
On July 27 2011 15:07 TurkeyKnight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2011 13:30 OneOther wrote:
On July 27 2011 13:26 Xaerkar wrote:
I am only in high school but due to the ways of society economics/finance seems to be the most profitable occupation for me, so I will most likely strive for a good graduate school in that regard.
I'd like to have a job that has hours suitable for my Starcraft 2 playing though. =D By the time I get a job hopefully Legacy of the Void will have been released, but blizzard is so slow at releasing expansions I highly doubt the plausibility.

A job in finance and have time for Starcraft...one can hope I guess


Most finance jobs are 9-5's. That leaves the entire evening open for starcraft for most people. Don't forget weekends.

Hmm which jobs are you talking about specifically? Based on what I have read and heard, jobs like investment banking (especially the first several years) require a lot more hours than 9 to 5, as well as weekends. But the finance field is huge, so I suppose it can vary quiet a bit depending on what you exactly do.
ProxyKite
Profile Joined July 2011
United States40 Posts
July 27 2011 06:14 GMT
#500
Trying for a PhD in Zerg . Other than that, I'm majoring in Physics and minoring in Biology, Pschology, and Music.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
22:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1107
SteadfastSC823
ComeBackTV 782
TaKeTV 611
IndyStarCraft 240
Rex125
EnkiAlexander 74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 823
IndyStarCraft 240
ProTech140
Rex 125
UpATreeSC 64
BRAT_OK 47
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40403
Shuttle 781
Mini 411
Rush 255
Hyuk 123
Dewaltoss 105
firebathero 82
Trap 41
ToSsGirL 32
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
Rock 18
Sacsri 18
Shine 17
Terrorterran 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10235
qojqva1722
Counter-Strike
fl0m1457
Fnx 793
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1397
Khaldor1289
Liquid`Hasu3
Other Games
FrodaN1546
Beastyqt458
Mlord227
DeMusliM223
XBOCT217
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe126
C9.Mang0113
XaKoH 99
QueenE86
Mew2King75
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH315
• StrangeGG 43
• Hinosc 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie620
• Shiphtur358
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 16m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 16m
Online Event
17h 16m
FEL
22h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.