• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9156 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 Next All
nosepicker1
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada9 Posts
July 06 2011 15:36 GMT
#21
I work as a computer Programmer working On an oilfield in the wilderness in canada.
I work with C# and SQL its a fun job and everyones really nice!
Chromyne
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada561 Posts
July 06 2011 15:36 GMT
#22
On July 07 2011 00:29 Klesky wrote:
So glad one of these threads up, seeing as I recently got my first job. I work in the research department of a large corporation, we write software to demonstrate some practical business function, present it at one of the bi-annual research-meetings, and then this project is either scrapped or sent off to the development team to be produced and then sold as packaged software. Fucking awesome job, it's massively relaxed, come and go whenever you want, and they provide unlimited drinks in the fridge for free.


Are you a recent graduate? If I may ask, what company do you work for?

I'm currently an engineering student at the University of Waterloo. For the summer, I'm on co-op with the Canadian government doing research on novel materials/composites for use in energy storage devices. I hope to eventually find a job in industry doing environmental/renewable/clean energy-based R&D.
Soli Deo gloria.
magh
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden95 Posts
July 06 2011 15:36 GMT
#23
i work as a model, but in the future i wanna be a psychiatrist
And the front door is open.. AGAIN!!
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 06 2011 15:37 GMT
#24
On July 07 2011 00:34 Ashes wrote:
I am currently pursuing my PhD in Systems Engineering and Operations Research. I have already completed my Masters in Electrical Engineering.

I aspire to open my own Air Traffic Management and Research Company. My immediate goal is to become a Senior Aviation Analyst.


Sounds awesome, did you find taking a masters challengeing? Kind of nervous about writing that huge paper when that time comes
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 06 2011 15:38 GMT
#25
On July 07 2011 00:29 Klesky wrote:
So glad one of these threads up, seeing as I recently got my first (real) job.

I work in the research department of a large corporation, we write software to demonstrate some practical business function to the high-up executives, present it at one of the bi-annual research-meetings, and then this project is either scrapped or sent off to the development team to be produced and then sold as packaged software. Fucking awesome job, it's massively relaxed, come and go whenever you want, and they provide unlimited drinks in the fridge for free. I can't see it getting boring as we work on many different projects that all have a large amount of variety.

Yeah, that would be among my favorite things to do as well. Me and my friend applied to a similar position within my company. He got the job, no hard feelings though I am happy for him. He basically gets shipped all the latest toys from Apple, Samsung, Google, etc and has to create pretty and cool stuff our CEO can present at customer/industry conventions.

I do sales consulting with a focus on implementing sales processes in IT.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
TadH
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1846 Posts
July 06 2011 15:39 GMT
#26
On July 07 2011 00:35 Keitzer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 00:31 TadH wrote:
Right now I work for the largest privately held telecommunications company in Canada, we are partners with Google, Microsoft and others.

I work as "Pre Sales Support" Basically on my way to becoming a Sales Engineer. I also do work in the Data Centre, running fiber, setting up servers, hubs, switches.

I's also starting to manage new Lync accounts. Which is the new version of OCS.

My Certifications include Networking+, A+, MCITP, MCSE, MS Office Certified. And other more obscure ones.

Basically if I don't fuck this up, this is where I can grow my career, I work in the corporate ehad quarters, along side with the VP, CEO, CTO and directors.

I actually love my job.


and you do anything starcraft related because? lol

cuz it sounds like (assuming you continue on your path) you got it made, ya?


Well I've just started here back in February, just recently passed my probation. And it's a challenging job.

Oh also, I love Starcraft

But yea, it seems like if I manage to stick it out here for a few years, I will have a pretty good salary and nice position.
Deleted_143
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia256 Posts
July 06 2011 15:40 GMT
#27
--- Nuked ---
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
July 06 2011 15:40 GMT
#28
Man, I love reading through threads like this. There's always a few people that shock me, they have some amazing job and browse TL :D
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
lurked
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada918 Posts
July 06 2011 15:41 GMT
#29
I'm a programmer.

I guess I'm a real geek, 95% of my awaken-time is spent on the computer...
Magic is "just" magic until I get my hands on the source code.
Pumplekin
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom50 Posts
July 06 2011 15:42 GMT
#30
I'm an network engineer at an ISP. I spend my day herding cats.
Loves Cows
Ashes
Profile Joined January 2011
United States362 Posts
July 06 2011 15:42 GMT
#31
On July 07 2011 00:37 Intox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 00:34 Ashes wrote:
I am currently pursuing my PhD in Systems Engineering and Operations Research. I have already completed my Masters in Electrical Engineering.

I aspire to open my own Air Traffic Management and Research Company. My immediate goal is to become a Senior Aviation Analyst.


Sounds awesome, did you find taking a masters challengeing? Kind of nervous about writing that huge paper when that time comes



Well Masters in Electrical Engineering was challenging, given that you need to be quite good at Calculus, Density Functions and Statistics. But I am finding my current PhD to be extremely challenging, given the amount of time spent on researching which sometimes doesn't yield the results you expected.

Currently I am working as a Co-op at a company called Sensis Corporation which deals with Air Traffic Management issues. It was recently acquired by SAAB.
userstupidname
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden272 Posts
July 06 2011 15:43 GMT
#32
Studying for university where I will read law and politics for my (hopeful) career in politics
Good luck have fun! - Except if its ZvZ Then you can burn in hell :D
Logikz
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States65 Posts
July 06 2011 15:44 GMT
#33
I work on build tools, code management and continuous integration for a company that makes software for set top boxes (DVR, cable boxes, etc). It's a pretty chill job, the company is willing to pay to further my education so I'm trying to take advantage of that while I'm here.

I used to work for a small game company, but had to leave due to instability with paychecks and such. I'm hoping to get enough experience at my current job to move back into the game industry at some point later on as a tools programmer.
gl hf GG
SilentShout
Profile Joined March 2011
686 Posts
July 06 2011 15:45 GMT
#34
My dream is to become the best Starcraft II programer who has ever lived.

But really, trying to become a software engineer at the moment.
ziggurat
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada847 Posts
July 06 2011 15:45 GMT
#35
I am a criminal lawyer in Canada. I finished law school in 2000 and have been doing criminal law ever since.

Reading this thread makes me feel old ......
Shadyzz
Profile Joined March 2010
15 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 15:50:48
July 06 2011 15:47 GMT
#36
Currently attending University of Western Ontario for Chemical Engineering.

For the summer I'm working in an electrical engineering position for a small firm. Can't complain its a job and some kind of engineering experience Although I must admit I dread sitting infront of a computer all day, everyday, hopefully Chem Eng. will allow me to work in labs and on project sites where I can move around, more my taste!
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
July 06 2011 15:47 GMT
#37
I'm technically a civil engineer but I have 2 jobs as a PHP programmer for different websites.
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
kaiz0ku
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Greece289 Posts
July 06 2011 15:49 GMT
#38
I study programming , but that is not what i really want to do...
During the summers , i work for the biggest Concert organizing company in Greece which is very nice since i get paid for watching bands in front of 30k people ^^
I also help at my father company when they need me.
But what i trully want to be is a VFX specialist !
And i have posted some of my first projects here and everyone seemed to love them !
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 06 2011 15:51 GMT
#39
On July 07 2011 00:47 Shadyzz wrote:
Currently attending uni for Chemical Engineering.

For the summer I'm working in an electrical engineering position for a small firm. Can't complain its a job and some kind of engineering experience Although I must admit I dread sitting infront of a computer all day, everyday, hopefully Chem Eng. will allow me to work in labs and on project sites where I can move around, more my taste!


Thats what I'd like to do, lab work Preferably for some of the over paying ridiculously rich oil companys in Norway. Just chilling, taking a few samples, checking that everythings allright ^^ Or perhaps a research lab, discovering new types of fuel or even medicine
When I think about it research would be alot more fun, but less pay obviously :p
RedJustice
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1004 Posts
July 06 2011 15:51 GMT
#40
I am the computer tech support manager at my uni. Studying digital art basically; dream of going into the gaming industry someday. ^_^
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O81
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 267
BRAT_OK 89
JuggernautJason86
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 864
Shuttle 530
Zeus 92
ZZZero.O 81
soO 43
Hyun 43
scan(afreeca) 29
Dota 2
qojqva2201
canceldota35
Counter-Strike
fl0m5352
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3677
Liquid`Hasu588
Other Games
summit1g1240
FrodaN1085
KnowMe328
420jenkins268
Pyrionflax176
ToD170
Livibee166
QueenE66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick697
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• 3DClanTV 69
• Adnapsc2 17
• Hupsaiya 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 17
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2236
Other Games
• imaqtpie809
• Shiphtur626
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 22m
Patches Events
19h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 22m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.