• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:56
CEST 21:56
KST 04:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8829 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 Next All
Zonor
Profile Joined August 2010
Estonia36 Posts
July 06 2011 15:52 GMT
#41
Working as a technical drawer in a company that rents out tower cranes and studying International relations in uni.
Maero
Profile Joined December 2007
349 Posts
July 06 2011 15:53 GMT
#42
I'm a biology researcher - I worked in a genetics lab for 3 years and am currently working with metabolomics.

I'm actually at work right now :D Acid hydrolysis procedures have a lot of downtime.
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
July 06 2011 15:53 GMT
#43
Studying Geography, as I would love to work in any form of GIS (Geographic Information Systems), which is working with a load of information to create data about relationships, patterns, trends, and so on about the current situation of whatever it may be. Economics, geography itself, people, culture, etc. etc.

If there is still a place in the world for it, I would love to do cartography as well.
SnowyPsilocybin
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom265 Posts
July 06 2011 15:53 GMT
#44
Currently Studying accountancy and working in an accounting department

I would say i aspire(strong word there) to be a chartered accountant.
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 06 2011 15:54 GMT
#45
On July 07 2011 00:53 Maero wrote:
I'm a biology researcher - I worked in a genetics lab for 3 years and am currently working with metabolomics.

I'm actually at work right now :D Acid hydrolysis procedures have a lot of downtime.


Oh cool! What degree do you have and what company do you work for?
Cull
Profile Joined September 2010
Korea (South)40 Posts
July 06 2011 15:55 GMT
#46
English teacher in Korea. Fun stuff, but 98% chance that this won't be a career thing unless something crazy happens.
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
July 06 2011 15:56 GMT
#47
Air Force.

Currently in Africa acting as an Mentor for the Armed Forced of Liberia. Who would have guessed this is where they would send me =P
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
sorrowptoss
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1431 Posts
July 06 2011 15:56 GMT
#48
I'm currently finishing off my high-school years and aiming for something scientific for my career (partly because my parents are asian hahahaha)... but I honestly have no clue what I want to become as an adult, I do want to make my parents proud but at the same time get some joy out of my job...
I want a job that has no schedule and no routine, I don't mind NOT "being my own boss", I want something exciting and special and enriching, something with which I can be satisfyed with once I'm in my deathbed in the hospital at the age of 87 with prostate cancer and I look back at my life.
I don't want to wake up every morning at 6 am and have a boring career that never seems to have a beginning and an end and just waiting for my retirement (like most careers seem to be nowadays).
I play the violin (6 years now, I'm almost 16), yet I love math and sports. Any suggestions?
djWHEAT
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States925 Posts
July 06 2011 15:57 GMT
#49
I was hired at my company to deploy a massive Cloud Backup System (using the Asigra platform) for small community banks. My one man team turned into a team of 4 and I now manage the team. Performing maintenance, storage upgrades, and third level support for about 300+ customers.

I fucking hate it. I want to be doing eSports full time... but it does feed the family and put a roof over our heads.
OneMoreGame.tv // Weapon Of Choice // Kings Of Tin // Inside The Game // Live On Three
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 06 2011 15:59 GMT
#50
On July 07 2011 00:56 sorrowptoss wrote:
I'm currently finishing off my high-school years and aiming for something scientific for my career (partly because my parents are asian hahahaha)... but I honestly have no clue what I want to become as an adult, I do want to make my parents proud but at the same time get some joy out of my job...
I want a job that has no schedule and no routine, I don't mind NOT "being my own boss", I want something exciting and special and enriching, something with which I can be satisfyed with once I'm in my deathbed in the hospital at the age of 87 with prostate cancer and I look back at my life.
I don't want to wake up every morning at 6 am and have a boring career that never seems to have a beginning and an end and just waiting for my retirement (like most careers seem to be nowadays).
I play the violin (6 years now, I'm almost 16), yet I love math and sports. Any suggestions?


Chemical or bio engineering! I'd check it out, lots of math and exiting lab work - And if you work in research you can develop new medicine and drugs etc. And its so fun
EdSlyB
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Portugal1621 Posts
July 06 2011 16:00 GMT
#51
I'm currently a musician in one of the Army Bands in my country. I play the sax. In my free time I also play piano.

Since I always wanted to be a musician you can say that I'm living my dream. ^^
aka Wardo
DrJarp
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany24 Posts
July 06 2011 16:00 GMT
#52
I study civil engineering and work part-time at the Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Institute in Germany. I love it. Learn a lot there and the work is fun.
"Protoss - the meaning of pain."
Maero
Profile Joined December 2007
349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 16:01:27
July 06 2011 16:00 GMT
#53
On July 07 2011 00:54 Intox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 00:53 Maero wrote:
I'm a biology researcher - I worked in a genetics lab for 3 years and am currently working with metabolomics.

I'm actually at work right now :D Acid hydrolysis procedures have a lot of downtime.


Oh cool! What degree do you have and what company do you work for?


I have the standard Biology degree (LAS, not Agriculture), planning on getting my PhD whenever I get a chance or I find myself out of work. Right now I'm working for a university in collaboration with a group in Israel, and get paid as a staff member. I sort of just bounce around doing whatever projects the laboratories at the university needs help with since I have such a broad background with a lot of lab experience. It's the closest thing to being a science mercenary :p
ECHOZs
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States499 Posts
July 06 2011 16:01 GMT
#54
On July 07 2011 00:57 djWHEAT wrote:
I was hired at my company to deploy a massive Cloud Backup System (using the Asigra platform) for small community banks. My one man team turned into a team of 4 and I now manage the team. Performing maintenance, storage upgrades, and third level support for about 300+ customers.

I fucking hate it. I want to be doing eSports full time... but it does feed the family and put a roof over our heads.

Once miniwheat goes pro he can feed the family and you can do eSports full time
ryerye
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada53 Posts
July 06 2011 16:01 GMT
#55
I'm a registered nurse in Ontario and I love what I do but it doesn't give me enough time to play starcraft!
Nizaris
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 16:11:14
July 06 2011 16:04 GMT
#56
Programmer/Analyst was my formation, currently making websites using php, javascript, flash etc...

Pretty repetitive, but i think after 4y i'm getting used to it, i use to hate it even if i think programming is fun when it's challenging. Most websites aren't.

I wish i was a DJ, a Game designer at Blizzard or a weed farmer in The Netherlands ^^
MotorDouglas
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil66 Posts
July 06 2011 16:05 GMT
#57
after university I intend to work for Petrobras, developing and building oil platforms
i can't come up with something witty to put here (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Triscuit
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States722 Posts
July 06 2011 16:05 GMT
#58
On July 07 2011 00:57 djWHEAT wrote:
I was hired at my company to deploy a massive Cloud Backup System (using the Asigra platform) for small community banks. My one man team turned into a team of 4 and I now manage the team. Performing maintenance, storage upgrades, and third level support for about 300+ customers.

I fucking hate it. I want to be doing eSports full time... but it does feed the family and put a roof over our heads.


Do you hate it because eSports is just better or does the work actually just really suck?

Also if you don't mind me asking, what educational background do you have?
glassmazarin
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden158 Posts
July 06 2011 16:09 GMT
#59
Im a PhD student, 2nd year, doing research in high energy astrophysics (with a focus on GRBs). So far mostly theoretical stuff but also some data analysis
damngringo
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom34 Posts
July 06 2011 16:10 GMT
#60
Currently doing MSc Economics (and screwed up my dissertation, need to resubmit soon :/). In September I will be working in banking/investments/m&a (any of these sectors really, I'm interested in lots of stuff that makes money and adds value), then MBA and private equity or top-tier investment banking.

My gf suggests I should start my own jewelry business. Tbh, I seriously consider this opportunity
The man who said "I'd rather be lucky than good" saw deeply into life.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1548
RotterdaM947
TaKeTV 389
IndyStarCraft 183
SteadfastSC183
ZombieGrub78
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1525
RotterdaM 969
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC 187
MaxPax 182
RuFF_SC2 154
ZombieGrub101
UpATreeSC 67
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2690
Shuttle 522
Dewaltoss 122
910 69
Mind 61
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
fl0m4027
pashabiceps1219
Fnx 687
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu619
Other Games
Grubby4997
summit1g1498
Beastyqt801
shahzam439
mouzStarbuck400
ToD205
C9.Mang0147
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 16
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade228
Other Games
• imaqtpie730
• Shiphtur330
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 4m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 4m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.