• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:19
CEST 10:19
KST 17:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9279 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 11

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 28 Next All
retroactivekingpin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States35 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 19:04:06
July 06 2011 19:03 GMT
#201
I aspire to get an MBA at UNC-Chapel Hill and become a Stock Analyst.
"No Dice, Soldier!"
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
July 06 2011 19:04 GMT
#202
On July 07 2011 03:59 HelixDnB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 03:32 ElusoryX wrote:
dream: to be a progamer
aspiration: to be a teacher

dreams are what i know cannot come true to me, aspiration is what i work towards (:


That's not true at all - my dream was to work in the video game industry - it's the only thing I've ever wanted to do with my life - ever. It took 3 years of harrrrrrd work and long hours after my 9-5 job, but, now I'm living my dream and I couldn't be happier. Granted, Pro Gaming isn't as "reliable" as other jobs, but if that's what you dream doing with your life - you have to put in the effort.

After I came home from work, I'd spend 5-6 hours each night working on 3d or working on levels for my portfolio...and I did this most days for the better part of 3 years, but, it paid off immensely. If you want to be a pro-gamer or ANYTHING for that matter, you have to put in the work.


Kudos, respect.

Honestly, I want to illustrate professionally. But I know I haven't put the work in and have a long ways to go to reach the upper tier that I aspire to.
LMPeaches
Profile Joined December 2010
United States157 Posts
July 06 2011 19:11 GMT
#203
Anyone with experience studying medicine here? Hows it been so far? Is it as hard as you expected, it is worth the work if it is hard? Has the experience been what you expected?

You know, just general info
Running is the only real sport, everything else is just a game
SnetteL
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Belgium473 Posts
July 06 2011 19:20 GMT
#204
nanoscience and nanotechnology (engineering point of view)
Caps lock is cruise control for cool.
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
July 06 2011 19:20 GMT
#205
I recently got my work as an IT consultant (did my degree work at the same company) and working for Ericsson - which I love because I'm really into network programming and networking protocols in general (although I HATE web programming like php and such). Working on VoIP stuff for games and alike.


That said I'm pretty broad, as long as I don't have to do too much Java I'm happy :D

England will fight to the last American
TallMax
Profile Joined September 2009
United States131 Posts
July 06 2011 19:20 GMT
#206
This is one of the threads I really enjoyed reading ever page of before posting. Keep kicking ass guys and gals! I'm a post-doc (rock on to that Astro post doc I saw post earlier) doing multiphoton microscopy (read: Lasers and Microscopes) at Ecole Polytechnique in France. Afterward, I'd like to go back to the US and get a job as a prof, develop optics-based medical diagnostics either for a small company or govt lab, and discover/be the first person to do shit nobody thought possible.
Movie Fan
DoXa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Switzerland1448 Posts
July 06 2011 19:21 GMT
#207
holy shit, looks like the members of TL are really smart

i'm in the second year of molecular life sciences (it's like chemical engineering). planning to do a master in nanoanalytics, process engineering or something like that...
TheGlassface
Profile Joined November 2010
United States612 Posts
July 06 2011 19:23 GMT
#208
Paleobotany/Maritime Archaeology for school/life purposes
Published author for what I *want* to do
Brood War commentator IN S. Korea for fantasy
The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. **Hang in there STX fans!! Kal Hwaiting!**
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 19:26:40
July 06 2011 19:26 GMT
#209
I have a bachelors degree in mathematics and a masters degree in mathematics education. I'm going for my doctorate in mathematics education now. I plan on teaching high school and/ or college mathematics

I tutor math all the time, and in the summers I teach tennis at a country club
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
nbMifu
Profile Joined January 2010
Brazil170 Posts
July 06 2011 19:26 GMT
#210
On July 07 2011 04:20 TallMax wrote:
This is one of the threads I really enjoyed reading ever page of before posting. Keep kicking ass guys and gals! I'm a post-doc (rock on to that Astro post doc I saw post earlier) doing multiphoton microscopy (read: Lasers and Microscopes) at Ecole Polytechnique in France. Afterward, I'd like to go back to the US and get a job as a prof, develop optics-based medical diagnostics either for a small company or govt lab, and discover/be the first person to do shit nobody thought possible.


Wow, what a boss! No sarcasm here, Ecole Polytechnique has a really strong reputation. My colleagues who did gratuation there said it war really hard.

Good luck in your studies TallMax!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato
stafu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1196 Posts
July 06 2011 19:28 GMT
#211
I'm about to start my last semester of a BSc. Computer Science & Games Tech. double major. I aspire to become a game developer as I've been obsessed with video games since I was about 4, and I have a particular passion for competitive game design and development.

But honestly, for the near future, I'd more than anything just like to make a whole bunch of money so that I can payback and spoil the people who have given so much to and for me. When my Mum no longer has to work her ass off, I'll worry about my own aspirations.
Nudelfisk
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden104 Posts
July 06 2011 19:33 GMT
#212
currently studying to be a psychologist. two and a half years to go, going on my internship next semester.
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 06 2011 19:33 GMT
#213
Really enjoy reading what you're all working with or studying Keep it going !
cellblock
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden206 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 19:42:06
July 06 2011 19:38 GMT
#214
Currently on a season job as park gardener, such a high end job.
Ultimahunter
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada20 Posts
July 06 2011 19:41 GMT
#215
Studying Mechanical Engineering, and hoping to branch off into Mechatronic Engineering. Mechatronics is basically a synthesis of Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, and Control System engineering. I'm really hoping to get into the mechanical aspect of the robotics field someday.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 06 2011 19:41 GMT
#216
Management, commerce, or mathematics...
Though ultimately I want to be a Professor or something.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
vijeze
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands719 Posts
July 06 2011 19:43 GMT
#217
Going into psychology starting next year, I can't wait!
relic
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom148 Posts
July 06 2011 19:44 GMT
#218
I'm a chartered accountant, currently studying BSc in Physics in my spare time, with a baby on the way!
"machine say me he win again, but he lie"
Vilonis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States130 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 19:56:59
July 06 2011 19:48 GMT
#219
I want to be a Software Engineer, specifically doing game engine architecture. And I'm pretty serious about it. Currently I'm in highschool, have never taken a software class, and am writing a 2D game engine during summer since I don't have to waste time doing homework.

Edit: I should add, in c++ because it is the current industry standard for game engines.
"Such is the vastness of his genius that he can outwit even himself!" - Iskaral Pust, High Priest of High House Shadow
nbMifu
Profile Joined January 2010
Brazil170 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 19:54:25
July 06 2011 19:53 GMT
#220
On July 07 2011 04:48 Vilonis wrote:
I want to be a Software Engineer, specifically doing game engine architecture. And I'm pretty serious about it. Currently I'm in highschool, have never taken a software class, and am writing a 2D game engine during summer since I don't have to waste time doing homework.


Depending on where you live, it may be hard to find a job in the gaming industry, but do not give up!

It is specially hard here in Brazil, so most people start by working in mobile game developers. A friend of mine is working here in São Paulo at the company that developed this game http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bunny-shooter-free-game-physics/id432001345?mt=8, and it has been mildly successful :D

It is not the same as working in Blizzard, but it is a start.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 771
GuemChi 604
Leta 331
Hyun 201
BeSt 195
firebathero 170
Soma 170
Mong 84
910 51
sSak 38
[ Show more ]
PianO 37
Bale 23
yabsab 21
HiyA 17
ZergMaN 16
Shine 12
Noble 8
Dota 2
febbydoto15
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss559
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King383
Other Games
summit1g8829
olofmeister964
ceh9562
JimRising 464
Happy400
KnowMe65
Trikslyr21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick442
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast35
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos461
• Stunt445
Other Games
• Shiphtur464
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 41m
Patches Events
7h 41m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.