• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:44
CEST 14:44
KST 21:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8525 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 13

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 28 Next All
Lambertus
Profile Joined February 2010
South Africa994 Posts
July 06 2011 20:41 GMT
#241
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.
The only known Reverend on TL playing SC2 and BW (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409226)
TallMax
Profile Joined September 2009
United States131 Posts
July 06 2011 20:43 GMT
#242
@KSMB - "postdoc fist bump" Technically, I was actually in the chem dept. In the states, for some reason, they put you in with the pchemists or biomedical engineers, but in Europe it's the physics dept. What about you? I figure for Astro you were probably in the physics dept. What are you studying in Astro? Since I've been out of grad school, I've had more time to check out other cool scientific progress and I can't get enough of checking out NASA image galleries and other databases.

@ nbMifu - I've seen a few good journal articles coming out of your school. They're pretty strong in the physical sciences there too. Poor students though, no sexy uniforms, though, you're not missing out, here the uniforms aren't really that sexy. =P
Movie Fan
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 06 2011 20:43 GMT
#243
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

Like ur quote The next plague wont be crickets, it will be SO MANY BANELINGS!
Dovan
Profile Joined September 2010
Slovenia3 Posts
July 06 2011 20:44 GMT
#244
I'm currently studying English and German to hone my language skills a little bit, then I want get an MA in translating and hopefully get a job as a translator in Brussels one day. I just recently got a job in a small international translating agency and so far I'm really enjoying it. Working from home is also a big plus.
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
July 06 2011 20:44 GMT
#245
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

The mental image of a clergyman owning up noobs in master's league makes me smile.
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
CCitrus
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada164 Posts
July 06 2011 20:45 GMT
#246
Environmental is such a poorly defined field, I consider myself part of the environmental and natural sciences. I just started my first real job, I'm working as a P.Geo.I.T. (Professional Geologist in Training) with an Environmental Consulting firm. We do things like respond to pipeline leaks, perform reclamation of gas sites. for those of you in Alberta, we cleaned up the Lake Wabamun spill, sadly before my time here.

My education was in Environmental Earth Sciences, similar to geology.
nbMifu
Profile Joined January 2010
Brazil170 Posts
July 06 2011 20:46 GMT
#247
Guys, I believe there is a thread here in TL that lists tl members who are "specialists" in many areas, including professional areas. It may be useful if you are considering a certain job or field and need any help or advice.

I can't search for it now since I am on my job (so meta), do any of you happen to have the link?

I personally can help if any of you are considering working in strategy/management consulting. Having studied a lot about it last year (using many free websites), I am willing to give back the favor. PM if it is of your interest.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato
Baalzamon
Profile Joined April 2007
Germany106 Posts
July 06 2011 20:47 GMT
#248
I'm currently doing my master in chemical engineering in Hamburg and i can't think of anything other i would rather like to study . Here in germany the prospect for engineers seems to be great. So I shouldn't have any problems to find a job.

I'm also going to the University of Waterloo for two trimester this summer, really looking forward to it.
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
July 06 2011 20:51 GMT
#249
On July 07 2011 05:44 bonifaceviii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

The mental image of a clergyman owning up noobs in master's league makes me smile.


haha, you've got quite a fitting namesake as well :b
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Saicam
Profile Joined July 2011
262 Posts
July 06 2011 20:52 GMT
#250
i work at a cardiology office in manhattan
SpearWrit
Profile Joined February 2011
United States300 Posts
July 06 2011 20:53 GMT
#251
East Asia specialist/Chinese Linguist for the U.S. Air Force.
"Special Tactics is...make surprise for your enemy, and also...eh, still work." -White-Ra
ampson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2355 Posts
July 06 2011 20:57 GMT
#252
I'm in high school, and I'm definitely going to be a chemist or physicist.
RaE21
Profile Joined September 2010
United States260 Posts
July 06 2011 21:00 GMT
#253
Working on my master's in public health at the University of Rochester in New York, and also working as a clinical research project leader for a biotech company
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 21:02:05
July 06 2011 21:01 GMT
#254
Aerospace engineering at University At Buffalo, hoping to work at NASA one day.
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
Dude.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States94 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 21:16:40
July 06 2011 21:12 GMT
#255
I'm studying Biomedical Engineering, hoping to transfer into University of Texas. Then I'm aiming for a PhD in Neuroscience, so I can research at the cusp of human understanding, advancing human evolution. =D I really want to teach at a University also.


Then I plan on buying a plane and traveling the world, skydiving over as many beautiful views as possible. =D

Everybody here has some really cool jobs!
Lucidity
Profile Joined July 2010
South Africa603 Posts
July 06 2011 21:33 GMT
#256
On July 07 2011 05:29 gdot5 wrote:
Actuarial Science represent

^5 brother (:

Can't believe there are so few actuarial representatives in this thread. Guess it's just that exclusive
Valar Morghulis
drdreggor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden207 Posts
July 06 2011 21:38 GMT
#257
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.


That's rocknroll
Wake up Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes.
Nqsty
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom118 Posts
July 06 2011 21:40 GMT
#258
On July 07 2011 03:51 damngringo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 02:47 Nqsty wrote:
Currently working in a hedgefund, sadly not in the departement I dream of, but I'm grabbing mass exp for the moment, and I'll probably move around next year, hopefully in the same fund


In London? Can you please tell how did you break in?

In PM, if you like. Would appreciate a lot


Sent you a PM
KSMB
Profile Joined April 2011
United States100 Posts
July 06 2011 21:49 GMT
#259
On July 07 2011 05:43 TallMax wrote:
@KSMB - "postdoc fist bump" Technically, I was actually in the chem dept. In the states, for some reason, they put you in with the pchemists or biomedical engineers, but in Europe it's the physics dept. What about you? I figure for Astro you were probably in the physics dept. What are you studying in Astro? Since I've been out of grad school, I've had more time to check out other cool scientific progress and I can't get enough of checking out NASA image galleries and other databases.

Yeah, materials science is in the intersection physics/chemistry/engineering and it gets put in those departments a bit arbitrarily imo (that is why I asked), but I suppose it is just a function of who secures the funding.

I was in a physics and astronomy department, so technically the PhD is in astrophysics. For all practical purposes though, it's the same as someone who was in a "pure" astronomy department. I do observational star formation. How do stars form, why do some stars form and not others, and under what circumstances? Those are the big overarching questions. If you like image galleries, I recommend the Hubble Space Telescope and Spitzer Space Telescope archives. Stunning pictures.

[Shameless self promotion]
In fact, I am personally involved in this project:
http://www.milkywayproject.org/
It is a citizen science project where we ask the interested public to help us identify cool stuff in our own Milky Way galaxy. I'd like to stress that participants get to see and use real, exceptionally high quality data from one of the best telescope in the world (or in this case, in space). It is part of a larger body of projects called the Zooniverse:
http://www.zooniverse.org/
where people can help find extrasolar planets, find new Pluto-like bodies, look at galaxies, check out the moon, keep track of solar storms, etc.
[/Shameless self promotion]
Q2CTF
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
July 06 2011 21:51 GMT
#260
I've graduated, and now looking for a job as a forensic scientist =D, specifically forensic toxicology.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1341
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 275
Rex 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56767
Calm 3769
Shuttle 3384
Bisu 1491
FanTaSy 1429
firebathero 389
Stork 321
Mini 272
Zeus 261
Hyuk 257
[ Show more ]
Soma 245
Rush 240
EffOrt 225
actioN 173
Soulkey 166
Light 155
Last 145
ZerO 130
Snow 106
Dewaltoss 67
Sea.KH 66
Mong 65
Pusan 53
Killer 52
Barracks 52
PianO 44
hero 42
JYJ 41
Free 36
NotJumperer 36
Shinee 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 27
Shine 27
Yoon 27
Aegong 26
Hyun 26
Sharp 25
sorry 19
yabsab 19
Sacsri 15
HiyA 15
Noble 13
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5882
Dendi629
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1389
kRYSTAL_318
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko379
Other Games
gofns36261
singsing2029
B2W.Neo845
crisheroes276
hiko236
DeMusliM208
Livibee133
byalli129
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
16m
OSC
9h 31m
Replay Cast
10h 16m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.