• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:30
CEST 06:30
KST 13:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8874 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 14

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 28 Next All
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
July 06 2011 22:05 GMT
#261
wow it's awesome to see teamliquid folks doing cool stuff all around the world.a lot of engineering and technology people here, which isn't too surprising to me

as for myself, i am going to be a junior in college majoring in public policy studies and economics. i am currently doing a summer internship at a financial management firm (ML). after college i hope to go to law school. business law maybe? not too sure.
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
July 06 2011 22:19 GMT
#262
grad student in statistics. dunno which field this is considered... statistics is a science that can be applied in almost all other fields of science or the business world..
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
SafeAsCheese
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4924 Posts
July 06 2011 22:21 GMT
#263
Been trying to find a Pharmacy Technician job for month now.

Apparently being certified isn't fucking enough to get a 9-11$ an hour job these days.
FenneK
Profile Joined November 2010
France1231 Posts
July 06 2011 22:21 GMT
#264
I'm going to go on to high education taking politics and philosophy. No idea where I'll go from there.
good luck have batman
Kindred
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada396 Posts
July 06 2011 22:24 GMT
#265
Clinical Neuropsychologist

Research area:
Art in the brain (specifically Film Editing)
Two 2.93GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon “Westmere” (12 cores) + 32GB RAM + Four 512GB Solid-State Drives + Two ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB + Two Apple LED Cinema Display (27" flat panel) + Quad-channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card
sceroh
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium182 Posts
July 06 2011 22:26 GMT
#266
On July 07 2011 03:32 ElusoryX wrote:
dream: to be a progamer
aspiration: to be a teacher

dreams are what i know cannot come true to me, aspiration is what i work towards (:

me too
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
July 06 2011 22:27 GMT
#267
I received my Ph.D. in Genetics and am now a postdoctoral fellow at UCLA studying the molecular basis of hypertension. It's interesting work; however, job prospects really, really suck.

Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
July 06 2011 22:29 GMT
#268
On July 07 2011 01:53 Intox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 01:49 ExceeD_DreaM wrote:
Almost finished my electrical engineering degree at University of Toronto. I am right now working at gov't corporation, very relaxing job, secure and well paying. I am considering making my career here and get MBA then go into management for more opportunities. Really depends on how my girlfriend will do with her career, if she sets off in California, i might have to find a new job with engineering firm there

Sort of the same pickle, I'd like to study at NTNU, but a girl im involved with is going somewhere else. I'm unsure if its going to turn serious enough to make such a huge sacrifice though, for either of us. (NTNU being the best uni for the degree I want)


I'm studying at NTNU, it will be worth it. Best uni for your degree as you say, and prolly the best student environment in Norway aswell with over 10% of the ppl in Trondheim being students. Only complaint I have is the weather, not that bad but it's totaly random
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sOvrn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States678 Posts
July 06 2011 22:33 GMT
#269
Aspiration: Going to start my last year of law school this fall. I'm working for a health law firm at the moment and enjoying it, so I think I may take that route after graduating.

Dream: I always wanted to work at blizzard since I'm such a huge fanboy and would have loved to be there while developing their great games. ^__^
My favorites: Terran - Maru // Protoss - SoS // Zerg - soO ~~~ fighting!
Ssubotai
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany8 Posts
July 06 2011 22:50 GMT
#270
I study Film Production and doing my graduation movie now. Its great! much work much fun

a lot of lawyers here. surprises me a little bit
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 23:43:31
July 06 2011 23:42 GMT
#271
I'm studying at NTNU, it will be worth it. Best uni for your degree as you say, and prolly the best student environment in Norway aswell with over 10% of the ppl in Trondheim being students. Only complaint I have is the weather, not that bad but it's totaly random

Living in Bergen atm so uh, used to much worse
What you studying there?
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
July 06 2011 23:45 GMT
#272
Right now I work in RMA for a video card company. Not suppose to give out the name but it's the only one with 3 letters for the name... I would love to quit this job and do Animation or Lighting in a 3d app like Softimage XSI or 3D studio max. That would be my dream. As of right now I am working like a slave 6 days a week, reading peoples complaints about video cards.
I am Godzilla You are Japan
bjornkavist
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1235 Posts
July 06 2011 23:49 GMT
#273
starting my last year of High School this fall and I still don't know what to do. Working at a music store as a co-op this summer which is fun cause I love music!
https://soundcloud.com/bbols
SpaceToaster
Profile Joined October 2010
United States289 Posts
July 06 2011 23:52 GMT
#274
I've failed out of college twice! Going back in the fall, studying computer science (I've got a knack for it, but not all the other required courses... :/) . I had intended to go to grad school at the Guildhall at SMU to make videogames, but now I'm not so sure. I'm gonna play it by ear, and either get an IT or QA job someplace, or if I can get the capital I'd really like to start a PC bang in Dallas. I'm poor though so that's more on the dream side until I get a stable job and money.
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
July 06 2011 23:56 GMT
#275
I'm studying Biochem and am currently working for EMSS, Emergency Medicine Scribe System. Basically I do all the patient charting and clerical work required of an emergency physician. I aspire to go to medical school and become a doctor myself!
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 00:09:49
July 07 2011 00:09 GMT
#276
Jobs sound like a rather unsatisfactory deal.

Most people do things that aren't enjoyable and trade their time for shelter and comfort.

Others give up any greater goals just to get by in life and to propogate. I see no end goal, no change, just stagnation in doing a job. Jobs make me sad.


To force people to contribute to society, you make it so some people to not be able to contribute as much as they could if they were actually given the time to do it without worrying about a stable supply of money.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
iansanew
Profile Joined July 2011
New Zealand86 Posts
July 07 2011 00:17 GMT
#277
On July 07 2011 07:19 Black Gun wrote:
grad student in statistics. dunno which field this is considered... statistics is a science that can be applied in almost all other fields of science or the business world..


Statistics ftw, well how are you going to apply it?
There is no option in the poll for finance?

Without statistics I would be so blind and its pretty scary thinking about it.
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 00:46:17
July 07 2011 00:44 GMT
#278
I'm a bioengineering major. I find the subject itself quite interesting, but I don't know exactly what I'll do with it as far as grad school vs. industry goes.

Being a professor could be fun, but I'm not sure how I feel about slaving away in grad school for 4-6 years plus another 3-5 years of postdoc to that end. At the same time, I don't know how I feel about working 9-5 every day designing the same shit for 40 years. Hopefully I can find some niche that I'm happy in.
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
July 07 2011 00:52 GMT
#279
I'm studying Architecture and on my 4th year (out of 5), thinking about taking some postgrad course in England, like in UCL or London Met, does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Tleaf
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada181 Posts
July 07 2011 00:53 GMT
#280
I'm a research assistant in a psych lab and a child therapist
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 178
ProTech141
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2993
Shuttle 1561
Sharp 117
Dewaltoss 81
Mong 37
Noble 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox648
Other Games
summit1g7690
WinterStarcraft521
C9.Mang0288
Sick124
ViBE120
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 33
• StrangeGG 16
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota259
League of Legends
• Lourlo824
• Stunt316
Other Games
• Shiphtur495
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 30m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.