• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:10
CEST 13:10
KST 20:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7906 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
kunstderfugue
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico375 Posts
July 06 2011 18:16 GMT
#161
I think i will work on something sciencey. no idea though, i haven't even finished high school

It's quite interesting that 'nothing' is 4th place in the poll. can you do that?

also, you didn't include progaming
Old lamps for new!
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
July 06 2011 18:17 GMT
#162
I study Electrical Engineering but my true love is music(and Starcraft). My aspirations are to enjoy some kind of sucess with my band(as we play Black Metal any kind of recognition is already huge) and to be a better gamer(gogogo GM!)
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
ECHOZs
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States499 Posts
July 06 2011 18:22 GMT
#163
I hope to become a clinical psychologist, but I'm not sure if I want to pursue a doctorate or not, if I only get a MA I could still get a pretty good job, but it might hold me back in the long run.
Razakel
Profile Joined April 2011
Ireland466 Posts
July 06 2011 18:23 GMT
#164
Currently a Sociology student but am working toward Psychology (took it as a Minor and I like it much more than Sociology). Aspiring to be a Psychiatrist, have the test scores to get into med school but my cash is drying up fast and I don't like being in debt.
EdSlyB
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Portugal1621 Posts
July 06 2011 18:24 GMT
#165
On July 07 2011 02:40 Weson wrote:
Everyone got so fancy jobs
Me myself is working with magazines. I stand besides a machine and whenever it pushes out a stack of magazines i have to put them into boxes. The machine it self is loud as hell and i havn't got a radio. It's a really fun job (sarcasm).

I've applyed for schools in the autumn and hope i'll get accepted into some software engineering program.


An honest job is an honest job. Someone as to do it right? The magazines don't put themselves in boxes...! ^^
aka Wardo
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
July 06 2011 18:24 GMT
#166
After studying Business to Masters level and working in finance, insurance and banking I decided that I despise these industries and plan to work in education. Or at least any organisation where I dont hear the words "profit" and "performance" every fucking day.
ppeeddaa
Profile Joined May 2011
Austria28 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 18:24:47
July 06 2011 18:24 GMT
#167
I am a professional golfer...

there is no option for me in the poll
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 06 2011 18:25 GMT
#168
On July 07 2011 03:24 ppeeddaa wrote:
I am a professional golfer...

there is no option for me in the poll


You could go for culture
whiteguycash
Profile Joined April 2010
United States476 Posts
July 06 2011 18:27 GMT
#169
On July 07 2011 03:24 Psychobabas wrote:
After studying Business to Masters level and working in finance, insurance and banking I decided that I despise these industries and plan to work in education. Or at least any organisation where I dont hear the words "profit" and "performance" every fucking day.


Its not for everybody. There is alot of strategy involved in Finance, and that is part of what draws me to it. Takes a definite type A personality to be a Trader. The trading assistants, not necessarily, you just have to be able to read the mind of the trader you are assisting, ROFL.
BlackPanther
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States872 Posts
July 06 2011 18:28 GMT
#170
Heading into freshman year of college as a double major in Math and Economics. Going for a Ph.D in econ and eventually becoming an academic macroeconomist.
Dryearlylth
Profile Joined January 2011
United States31 Posts
July 06 2011 18:28 GMT
#171
I'm in law enforcement, but I don't see that listed. Boo!
xavierofsparta
Profile Joined March 2010
United States84 Posts
July 06 2011 18:30 GMT
#172
Just finished my graduate studies. Got my MA in Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies at Monterey Institute of International Studies. I focused primarily on East Asia proliferation concerns and looking for an analyst job, either in the public or private sectors. Ideally, I would be directly involved in negotiations where the number of nuclear weapons is lowered.
broken social scene is the best
Yggydraseal
Profile Joined April 2011
United States285 Posts
July 06 2011 18:31 GMT
#173
Systems Administrator or AKA IT.
"The greatest athletes of all time... Michael Jordan, Roger Federer, and SlayerSBoxer." - Artosis
Blix
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands873 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 18:32:14
July 06 2011 18:31 GMT
#174
I've got a phd in chemical engineering. I'd recommend it, but make sure you love it - otherwise it will be a tough study (followed by a tough life ^_^)

Job prospects are regional i guess. Here in the Netherlands the employment rate is very high (98.5% for my generation), pay is decent, but don't expect to get rich.

In your OP you suggest doing both chemical&civil - i personally don't see the added value of doing two engineering disciplines. I'd rather look into something that provides economical background and/or helps you to influence/manage people.
Conquer yourself not the world. - Descartes
ElusoryX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Singapore2047 Posts
July 06 2011 18:32 GMT
#175
dream: to be a progamer
aspiration: to be a teacher

dreams are what i know cannot come true to me, aspiration is what i work towards (:
xd
Kaz.
Profile Joined October 2010
United States69 Posts
July 06 2011 18:32 GMT
#176
On July 07 2011 03:24 Psychobabas wrote:
After studying Business to Masters level and working in finance, insurance and banking I decided that I despise these industries and plan to work in education. Or at least any organisation where I dont hear the words "profit" and "performance" every fucking day.


You certainly won't hear "profit" in the education system, more like "lack of funding." But if you're looking to avoiding "performance" as well, I'd be wary. High stakes testing for performance numbers is ruining our education system
Attitude is forever
ahx
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada132 Posts
July 06 2011 18:35 GMT
#177
On July 07 2011 03:32 ElusoryX wrote:
dream: to be a progamer
aspiration: to be a teacher

dreams are what i know cannot come true to me, aspiration is what i work towards (:

That's the spirit! give up on what you dream about.
BlackPanther
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States872 Posts
July 06 2011 18:40 GMT
#178
On July 07 2011 02:54 Snet wrote:
Work as EMT, studying to be Paramedic.


+10 Respect Points to you sir.
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 18:43:08
July 06 2011 18:42 GMT
#179
On July 07 2011 03:31 Blix wrote:
I've got a phd in chemical engineering. I'd recommend it, but make sure you love it - otherwise it will be a tough study (followed by a tough life ^_^)

Job prospects are regional i guess. Here in the Netherlands the employment rate is very high (98.5% for my generation), pay is decent, but don't expect to get rich.

In your OP you suggest doing both chemical&civil - i personally don't see the added value of doing two engineering disciplines. I'd rather look into something that provides economical background and/or helps you to influence/manage people.


Basicly what im doing is taking chemical engineer for sure because I love chemistry And then maybe, if the job market is slow or I dont feel done with school, consider taking a 2 year master program to build on my current enducation called "Industrial chemistry and biotechnology" roughly translated. That basicly allows me to get the civil engineer title and choose a bit more specificly what I want to work with, cause within this course there are several specialitys like "Process chemistry" "Bio tech" etc
It also gives management and economy courses and that cant be a bad thing to have ^^
Ganjamaster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Argentina475 Posts
July 06 2011 18:44 GMT
#180
Semi-Sr. Regulatory Affairs Analyst at a Pharmaceutical company specializing in biosimilars for export.
My hoes be the thickest, my dro.. the stickiest
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 387
RotterdaM64
Rex61
TKL 23
SteadfastSC19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
RotterdaM 64
Rex 61
Codebar 41
TKL 23
SteadfastSC 19
ByuN 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3199
Shuttle 1225
Bisu 762
Soulkey 679
Horang2 570
Jaedong 552
BeSt 414
actioN 334
Mong 329
Soma 253
[ Show more ]
firebathero 250
Stork 196
Larva 166
Rush 161
Mini 126
Last 112
Hyun 103
Zeus 92
Pusan 87
PianO 74
ZerO 73
Free 69
910 68
Mind 65
Shine 57
Snow 47
hero 40
sorry 40
Shinee 39
sSak 28
Sharp 28
Bale 22
Sexy 21
ToSsGirL 20
HiyA 20
ZergMaN 19
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
JYJ 6
scan(afreeca) 6
yabsab 1
Dota 2
XcaliburYe277
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1434
shoxiejesuss730
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King241
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes242
Other Games
gofns45577
singsing1937
B2W.Neo210
DeMusliM180
Pyrionflax170
KnowMe140
Livibee140
Trikslyr22
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV279
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Other Games
• Shiphtur479
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 50m
The PondCast
22h 50m
INu's Battles
23h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.