• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:25
CEST 05:25
KST 12:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7310 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 28 Next All
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 06 2011 17:23 GMT
#121
Hehe, I'm sure it'll even out once more people respond ^^
Phenny
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1435 Posts
July 06 2011 17:24 GMT
#122
Primary teaching in 2.5 years, hopefully it wont be too hard to get a job locally, pretty worried about that.
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
July 06 2011 17:25 GMT
#123
Currently in my second year of university in our game dev program.
Mafs
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada458 Posts
July 06 2011 17:25 GMT
#124
On July 07 2011 01:44 KSMB wrote:
I'm an astronomer (postdoctoral researcher to be specific), working in Chicago. It is pretty awesome.

I plan to be an astrophysicist or something that has to do with cosomology. Really interested in that stuff. Good to see at least other person here that likes the universe.
WHiSKEY
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada68 Posts
July 06 2011 17:26 GMT
#125
Took Computer Science in college but I work as a print/web designer and professional photographer. Go figure!
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
July 06 2011 17:26 GMT
#126
On July 07 2011 02:16 hongo wrote:
Studying mechanical engineering and going to get my major probably in electrical engineering. Hopefully gonna get some kind of hands on job with military. That would be totally awesome


i'm not sure what country you're from, but if you want a hands on job, don't go officer :p
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
CurLy[]
Profile Joined August 2010
United States759 Posts
July 06 2011 17:27 GMT
#127
Surprise!! everyone is a compuiter engineer or programmer..
Just curious when you guys went to college did you know a lot of code and shit cuz tbh I spent most of my time bullshitting on games, but I can't imagine a better industry to go into really..

Anyway I do construction right now in NY we are working on one of the largest tunnel sites atm. Work is very hard but the pay is good and will help me get back into school. I just need to decide what I want to finish studying
Great pasta mom, very Korean. Even my crown leans to the side. Gangsta. --------->
Premier
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States503 Posts
July 06 2011 17:28 GMT
#128
We'll im in high school right now, but hopefully going to be doing aerospace engineering in college/work, I've always been a math science guy but maybe I'll swing towards another type of engineering. All I know for sure, is im going to be an engineer haha.

Good quote about Engineers:

"I'm not going to be a scientist. Scientists are men who dream about doing things, Engineers do them."
Picture Me Rollin' - DJ Premier, Titan of the Tables
Zirith
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada403 Posts
July 06 2011 17:28 GMT
#129
Software Engineer
Artosis: "I don't trust hyenas."
Titorelli
Profile Joined March 2011
2492 Posts
July 06 2011 17:28 GMT
#130
I thought most of the TL member would be students like I am (economics)
"Everybody poops.... after Tasteless kills them" Artosis
Tennet
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1458 Posts
July 06 2011 17:30 GMT
#131
I'm going to school for graphic design, however i'm focusing more on Web Design.
"The harder it gets, the more you need to focus on the basics." - Seo Gyung Jong
Wrongspeedy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1655 Posts
July 06 2011 17:31 GMT
#132
On July 07 2011 01:28 FakePromise wrote:
I'm going in to my freshmen year planning on majoring in Computer engineering. I really don't know what I wanna do with the rest of my life so I'll let future me figure that out. Currently I work part time at UPS because I'm broke


I've worked at UPS since I graduated HS. Its a good part time job, I get lots of overtime if I want it, full benefits. Hard work makes you realize what money is really worth >.<
It is better to be a human dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.- John Stuart Mill
scDeluX
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada1341 Posts
July 06 2011 17:31 GMT
#133
I work as a network technician and I manage ~1000 Ip phones on cisco servers for the Canadian government.

I'm trying to land a job in Northern Quebec for the big mining companies (Xstrata/Rio Tinto), I'd also like to work overseas.

Any tips to help me?
Brood War is forever
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
July 06 2011 17:32 GMT
#134
Chemical Engineer / Materials Scientist ^^

On July 07 2011 02:18 mdb wrote:
what tl.net population is working according to this thread :

- Sales executive manager - 18%
- Biology scientist ( particularly Genetics) - 19%
- Software developer engineer - 54%
- Civil/Mechanical engineer - 9%
- Progamers - 0%

hmmm

lololol... we all aspire to be progamers in our hearts <3
:)
limbokid
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany143 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 17:35:34
July 06 2011 17:34 GMT
#135
Electrical Engineer - Nanoelectronics
Gnial
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada907 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 17:35:41
July 06 2011 17:34 GMT
#136
I am an innocuous Good Samaritan by day...but by night, I put on my mask and cape and reign terror over the world from my evil lair.
1, eh? 2, eh? 3, eh?
whiteguycash
Profile Joined April 2010
United States476 Posts
July 06 2011 17:35 GMT
#137
I chose management and commerce because it is the closest on the poll to what I do. I work with a firm that buys and sells energy commodities (Crude oil, Gasoline, Diesel, Ethanol, Biodiesel, Etc) on markets with other counter parties.
Kaz.
Profile Joined October 2010
United States69 Posts
July 06 2011 17:35 GMT
#138
First vote for education, I have my master's degree and am currently applying to be a Spanish/English teacher around AZ, or maybe going to korea to teach English (and watch sc ^^). I wonder sometimes if getting an sc2 club together at a high school level would be viable. I doubt parents would go for it though
Attitude is forever
Ho0ps
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United Kingdom216 Posts
July 06 2011 17:36 GMT
#139
Currently work in a petrol station. Within a year I hope to pick up a junior network engineer role.
sureshot_
Profile Joined August 2010
United States257 Posts
July 06 2011 17:36 GMT
#140
I really haven't decided what career I want to pursue. I'm currently rolling around the possibility of majoring in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or Astrophysics/Cosmology. If any of you have experience in any of these fields of science, or a science closely related to them, I'd love to read some of your thoughts/opinions.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings205
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft441
RuFF_SC2 194
ViBE108
Nina 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3446
GuemChi 1083
Terrorterran 86
910 70
Bale 31
NaDa 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever457
Counter-Strike
taco 611
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1054
Other Games
summit1g8361
JimRising 617
C9.Mang0313
Trikslyr35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP119
• EnkiAlexander 53
• Hupsaiya 50
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo847
• Stunt247
Other Games
• Shiphtur547
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
12h 36m
The PondCast
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.