• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9693 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 28 Next All
Rob28
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada705 Posts
July 06 2011 17:37 GMT
#141
Is "Management and Commerce" just a fancy way of saying "Retail"?
"power overwhelming"... work, dammit, work!
Montezuma
Profile Joined April 2010
United States12 Posts
July 06 2011 17:37 GMT
#142
4th year medical student. Probably going into radiology.
Weson
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Iceland1032 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 17:47:40
July 06 2011 17:40 GMT
#143
Everyone got so fancy jobs
Me myself is working with magazines. I stand besides a machine and whenever it pushes out a stack of magazines i have to put them into boxes. The machine it self is loud as hell and i havn't got a radio. It's a really fun job (sarcasm).

I've applyed for schools in the autumn and hope i'll get accepted into some software engineering program.
"!@€#" - as some guy said
DrSeRRoD
Profile Joined October 2010
United States490 Posts
July 06 2011 17:42 GMT
#144
On July 07 2011 02:35 Kaz. wrote:
I have my master's degree and am currently applying to be a Spanish/English teacher around AZ


Have you considered teaching in Associate Degree programs? If you are looking to teach, it could help to do it for a University (on campus or online) as part time for extra income and experience, especially if you decide to teach College/University level at some point instead of High School.
jermo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada46 Posts
July 06 2011 17:44 GMT
#145
I'm currently in hospitality but dropping out to take architecture instead. (weird, both had 0 votes ) however I'm considering taking information technology as well, but probably not.
MaliciousMirth
Profile Joined June 2011
United States96 Posts
July 06 2011 17:45 GMT
#146
Im in sales......Staffing Consultant......pretty much a pharmaceutical sapes rep but I don't sell pharmaceuticals, I sell management, and employment solutions to big companies. I didn't see a vote for sales so I clicked management and commerce......
No matter how powerful the sorcerer, a knife between the shoulderblades will seriously cramp his style
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8923 Posts
July 06 2011 17:45 GMT
#147
I'm an engineer - I do research and development for a technology company in the natural resource industry. Honestly I still have no idea what I want to do with my life long-term. I have a great job/career going but life gets so boring without major changes or new challenges. Bah. I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing when I'm 50 and still doing the same work.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Nqsty
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom118 Posts
July 06 2011 17:47 GMT
#148
Currently working in a hedgefund, sadly not in the departement I dream of, but I'm grabbing mass exp for the moment, and I'll probably move around next year, hopefully in the same fund
nbMifu
Profile Joined January 2010
Brazil170 Posts
July 06 2011 17:52 GMT
#149
I studied Computer Engineering but ended up working as a Strategy/Management Consultant.

I started this job this year, and I am liking it very much. It is very demanding though...I am only able to play about 5 or 6 SC2 matches per month.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato
Goliathsorrow
Profile Joined September 2010
Italy317 Posts
July 06 2011 17:53 GMT
#150
I feel a small guy in this thread but I'm actually a simple factory worker who manifacture jail cells and stuff like that.
Snet *
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States3573 Posts
July 06 2011 17:54 GMT
#151
Work as EMT, studying to be Paramedic.
Kaz.
Profile Joined October 2010
United States69 Posts
July 06 2011 17:55 GMT
#152
On July 07 2011 02:42 DrSeRRoD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 02:35 Kaz. wrote:
I have my master's degree and am currently applying to be a Spanish/English teacher around AZ


Have you considered teaching in Associate Degree programs? If you are looking to teach, it could help to do it for a University (on campus or online) as part time for extra income and experience, especially if you decide to teach College/University level at some point instead of High School.


Ya actually I have looked into it, but most of the community colleges around Phoenix haven't had a lot of openings for my qualifications :/
Attitude is forever
KayBee
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden156 Posts
July 06 2011 18:01 GMT
#153
I'm going to start my education to become a firefighter this fall. Maybe abit cliché, but it has been my dream for over 10 years now, so will give it my best shot!
#2GDStudio
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 18:05:12
July 06 2011 18:03 GMT
#154
Currently working as a head of finance in a decent retail company, though i'm aspiring to become a controller hopefully in the near future. Already had my 2nd interview at a large international company as a controller \o/

Hopefully i get the job!

ps. not a real finance option in the poll, so voted for management and commerce instead (guess its vaguely related)
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
ahx
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada132 Posts
July 06 2011 18:05 GMT
#155
Working as a nobody producer who makes tiny royalties and money off promotional ticket-sales for shows. Currently taking Audio Engineering to fall back on.
HeavenS
Profile Joined August 2004
Colombia2259 Posts
July 06 2011 18:06 GMT
#156
i was working at at&t for a while but i had to quit because school was getting hard and transportation was a bitch. Im a civil engineering major.
i would love a job that worked around my school hours but its just rlly hard to find here in miami. If anyone can hook me up with a job in Miami or maybe some online thing let me know or pm me! neeeed $$$$ dont wanna have to take out too many loans just to have a normal social life lol..
Im cooler than the other side of the pillow.
HoldenR
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands256 Posts
July 06 2011 18:09 GMT
#157
Currently taken a summer job at city hall to map out the application landscape, but it's just parttime. International business student - hope to travel the world for business one day. My specialty is finance, but I greatly enjoy seeing other cultures and travelling.

Cool to see so much of TL is based on sciences. It is the one subject I am actually jealous of because I was never good at, but I think it's the most prestigious educations and I have a great respect for everyone studying it.
FallDownMarigold
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3710 Posts
July 06 2011 18:11 GMT
#158
I'm currently an undergrad majoring in Human Developmental and Regenerative Biology (stem cell and embryos). I'm working in a lab that is part of the Center for Regenerative Medicine in Boston at MGH. We're using zebrafish as our genetic model to explore cleft lip & palate malformation and craniofacial development. My mentor is an MD/PhD plastic surgeon specializing in craniofacial surgery. After college I would like to spend one year as an EMT or doing research before going to medical school. After medical school I would like to spend 3 to 6 years in an otorhinolaryngology residency program. I would like to specialize in microsurgery and craniofacial surgery.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
July 06 2011 18:11 GMT
#159
I aspire to be a clinical therapist.. me and my galfriend plan on moving to boston soon to go to college :D
since 98'
HellRoxYa
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden1614 Posts
July 06 2011 18:15 GMT
#160
On July 07 2011 02:18 mdb wrote:
what tl.net population is working according to this thread :

- Sales executive manager - 18%
- Biology scientist ( particularly Genetics) - 19%
- Software developer engineer - 54%
- Civil/Mechanical engineer - 9%
- Progamers - 0%

hmmm


Seen at least one progamer.

Also, I play poker. The financial freedom is great but I really don't enjoy poker itself too much.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 396
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 123
BRAT_OK 90
MindelVK 27
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2055
Bisu 993
Shuttle 146
Dewaltoss 111
Trap 29
Bale 25
scan(afreeca) 16
Dota 2
XaKoH 559
420jenkins415
Counter-Strike
fl0m4689
pashabiceps825
Fnx 635
x6flipin216
kRYSTAL_22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3350
Liquid`Hasu551
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1730
FrodaN885
B2W.Neo337
Livibee175
C9.Mang0154
TKL 92
QueenE81
RotterdaM56
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason13
ToD4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV242
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2638
• TFBlade787
Other Games
• Shiphtur1011
• imaqtpie721
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 19m
Patches Events
21h 19m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.