• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:13
CEST 16:13
KST 23:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8746 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 222

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 220 221 222 223 224 783 Next
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24375 Posts
April 02 2015 06:37 GMT
#4421
On April 02 2015 13:56 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2015 09:58 GreenHorizons wrote:
Do baby dill pickles taste different than regular dill pickles or is that all in my head?

Do a blind test. Have a friend cut regular and baby into pieces that you can't tell where they are from. Literally blind yourself if needed. Then scramble the pieces (your friend keeps track on which are which) and then you try the 20 pieces and try to tell if each piece is baby or regular. Then compare to truth that your friend has. If there actually is a difference, you should be able to get almost all of them right. Otherwise you will get about half of them wrong. Glgl.

Double blind probably overkill in this setting.


Ok, the 'teacher' part of me is impressed with this answer from a pedagogical perspective, but the forum poster part of me is pissed people can't just tell me lol (although I'd probably do the test anyway before I believed they tasted the same).
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-02 07:29:32
April 02 2015 06:44 GMT
#4422
On April 02 2015 15:37 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2015 13:56 Cascade wrote:
On April 02 2015 09:58 GreenHorizons wrote:
Do baby dill pickles taste different than regular dill pickles or is that all in my head?

Do a blind test. Have a friend cut regular and baby into pieces that you can't tell where they are from. Literally blind yourself if needed. Then scramble the pieces (your friend keeps track on which are which) and then you try the 20 pieces and try to tell if each piece is baby or regular. Then compare to truth that your friend has. If there actually is a difference, you should be able to get almost all of them right. Otherwise you will get about half of them wrong. Glgl.

Double blind probably overkill in this setting.


Ok, the 'teacher' part of me is impressed with this answer from a pedagogical perspective, but the forum poster part of me is pissed people can't just tell me lol (although I'd probably do the test anyway before I believed they tasted the same).

Ok, if you just want an easy answer: yes they are different. At least for you. Even if it's all placebo, what difference does it make? You will always know if you are eating baby or regular, so for all effective purposes, they do taste differently.

edit:
"But if it's placebo, I won't actually enjoy it, I will only think I enjoy it!"
No! http://www.pnas.org/content/105/3/1050.abstract Your will actually enjoy it!
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12019 Posts
April 02 2015 14:16 GMT
#4423
My guess would be that they can taste differently, objectively. Baby pickles have more surface area compared to volume, so they can absorb more of the pickle fluids. Also, i would assume that letting them grow out will change the composition of the pickles themselves.
Millitron
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2611 Posts
April 02 2015 15:51 GMT
#4424
Those are both great points Simberto.

I guess they might also simply have different recipes too.
Who called in the fleet?
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
April 03 2015 05:45 GMT
#4425
On April 02 2015 15:37 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2015 13:56 Cascade wrote:
On April 02 2015 09:58 GreenHorizons wrote:
Do baby dill pickles taste different than regular dill pickles or is that all in my head?

Do a blind test. Have a friend cut regular and baby into pieces that you can't tell where they are from. Literally blind yourself if needed. Then scramble the pieces (your friend keeps track on which are which) and then you try the 20 pieces and try to tell if each piece is baby or regular. Then compare to truth that your friend has. If there actually is a difference, you should be able to get almost all of them right. Otherwise you will get about half of them wrong. Glgl.

Double blind probably overkill in this setting.


Ok, the 'teacher' part of me is impressed with this answer from a pedagogical perspective, but the forum poster part of me is pissed people can't just tell me lol (although I'd probably do the test anyway before I believed they tasted the same).


Wouldn't they be actually different because there's a different surface area to volume ratio? The skin probably tastes slightly different and had a different texture so it creates a different experience while eating it.

The experience you have through texture and ease of consumption can make things taste better. An example that's very prominent for me is strawberries. Eating a sliced up strawberry with no leaves on it tastes like 5x better to me than eating a regular whole strawberry with leaves still attached.
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-03 08:40:42
April 03 2015 08:39 GMT
#4426
I need a game for my laptop, something to kill time without being too graphic heavy. I would prefer something:

-Relaxing, that I can pause, alt-tab etc
-Something with a development (rpg, city builder, etc)

Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about that new à la sim city simulator but people were complaining about how is it pretty much a 'traffic simulator'.
Dating thread on TL LUL
Elenar
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden137 Posts
April 03 2015 10:06 GMT
#4427
On April 03 2015 17:39 SoSexy wrote:
I need a game for my laptop, something to kill time without being too graphic heavy. I would prefer something:

-Relaxing, that I can pause, alt-tab etc
-Something with a development (rpg, city builder, etc)

Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about that new à la sim city simulator but people were complaining about how is it pretty much a 'traffic simulator'.


Civ 5 or heroes 3.?
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
April 03 2015 10:43 GMT
#4428
Pretty tired with the heroes/magic games, but Civ 5 may be an option! I played it long time ago, are the DLC worth?
Dating thread on TL LUL
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
April 03 2015 12:16 GMT
#4429
On April 03 2015 19:43 SoSexy wrote:
Pretty tired with the heroes/magic games, but Civ 5 may be an option! I played it long time ago, are the DLC worth?

Totally, I got the game a couple weeks ago, and have already sunk 100+ hours.
NotMeEver
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
United States100 Posts
April 03 2015 12:31 GMT
#4430
On April 03 2015 21:16 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2015 19:43 SoSexy wrote:
Pretty tired with the heroes/magic games, but Civ 5 may be an option! I played it long time ago, are the DLC worth?

Totally, I got the game a couple weeks ago, and have already sunk 100+ hours.

I'm going to absolutely second this. Since I got it almost two years ago, it's my second-most played game, behind LoL, and it's in a genre I'm not even generally particularly fond of. And definitely go for the DLC as well, if you like it, or suspect you will. The biggest part of the DLC packs is probably the extra civilizations, but there's a lot more to them than that.
FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan. Please, just call me York. That's what everyone calls me.
Millitron
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2611 Posts
April 03 2015 15:39 GMT
#4431
On April 03 2015 17:39 SoSexy wrote:
I need a game for my laptop, something to kill time without being too graphic heavy. I would prefer something:

-Relaxing, that I can pause, alt-tab etc
-Something with a development (rpg, city builder, etc)

Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about that new à la sim city simulator but people were complaining about how is it pretty much a 'traffic simulator'.

How about Dwarf Fortress?

No graphics at all really.
Who called in the fleet?
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
April 03 2015 15:55 GMT
#4432
On April 03 2015 17:39 SoSexy wrote:
I need a game for my laptop, something to kill time without being too graphic heavy. I would prefer something:

-Relaxing, that I can pause, alt-tab etc
-Something with a development (rpg, city builder, etc)

Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about that new à la sim city simulator but people were complaining about how is it pretty much a 'traffic simulator'.


Prison Architect.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
April 03 2015 16:13 GMT
#4433
On April 04 2015 00:55 fruity. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2015 17:39 SoSexy wrote:
I need a game for my laptop, something to kill time without being too graphic heavy. I would prefer something:

-Relaxing, that I can pause, alt-tab etc
-Something with a development (rpg, city builder, etc)

Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about that new à la sim city simulator but people were complaining about how is it pretty much a 'traffic simulator'.


Prison Architect.

Is that out of Beta? I remember looking at it last month, and thought it was still being worked on.
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-03 16:22:16
April 03 2015 16:21 GMT
#4434
On April 04 2015 01:13 ThomasjServo wrote:
Prison Architect.
Is that out of Beta? I remember looking at it last month, and thought it was still being worked on.


Still technically alpha, they released 31 this past week which finally adding capital punishment. Introversion said in an update that they were going to release it officially within the year.



Which may I add, was added in a respectful manner (death row).

Great game, and to call it an alpha is unfair, very very playable and a great simulation / management game.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-03 16:38:57
April 03 2015 16:37 GMT
#4435
On April 04 2015 01:21 fruity. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 01:13 ThomasjServo wrote:
Prison Architect.
Is that out of Beta? I remember looking at it last month, and thought it was still being worked on.


Still technically alpha, they released 31 this past week which finally adding capital punishment. Introversion said in an update that they were going to release it officially within the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7im85MDoxA

Which may I add, was added in a respectful manner (death row).

Great game, and to call it an alpha is unfair, very very playable and a great simulation / management game.

Cool, I only heard good things even in the beta/alpha, and I think it was on sale which was why I wanted to check it out, but I did want to wait until it was finally out, out to commit. Plus when your real name is Joe Smith, there isn't much point in committing to the point of having my name added to the game.
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
April 03 2015 17:16 GMT
#4436
On April 04 2015 01:37 ThomasjServo wrote:
Cool, I only heard good things even in the beta/alpha, and I think it was on sale which was why I wanted to check it out, but I did want to wait until it was finally out, out to commit. Plus when your real name is Joe Smith, there isn't much point in committing to the point of having my name added to the game.


I usually adhere to TotalBiscuits view in that (pre)ordering unfinished games isn't a good model from the end users perspective, and have shunned all other early buy games. But, yeah, lol, this had rave reviews and the sale too..
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
April 03 2015 17:23 GMT
#4437
On April 04 2015 02:16 fruity. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 01:37 ThomasjServo wrote:
Cool, I only heard good things even in the beta/alpha, and I think it was on sale which was why I wanted to check it out, but I did want to wait until it was finally out, out to commit. Plus when your real name is Joe Smith, there isn't much point in committing to the point of having my name added to the game.


I usually adhere to TotalBiscuits view in that (pre)ordering unfinished games isn't a good model from the end users perspective, and have shunned all other early buy games. But, yeah, lol, this had rave reviews and the sale too..

I'll hold off until I see it again, Civ 5 has consumed my life enough as it is. I should try a cultural victory instead of killing everyone.
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
April 03 2015 18:16 GMT
#4438
http://aassdd.viewnetcam.com/CgiStart?page=Multi&Language=0&Page=1&Resolution=320x240&Interval=0&Quality=Standard&Mode=Motion&PageLayout=Div4

kOREAN girl streaming herself 24/7. Can anyone translate those signs??? This is so creepy...
Dating thread on TL LUL
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
April 03 2015 18:48 GMT
#4439
well that isn't a link I can click at work.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
April 03 2015 19:10 GMT
#4440
On April 04 2015 00:39 Millitron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2015 17:39 SoSexy wrote:
I need a game for my laptop, something to kill time without being too graphic heavy. I would prefer something:

-Relaxing, that I can pause, alt-tab etc
-Something with a development (rpg, city builder, etc)

Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about that new à la sim city simulator but people were complaining about how is it pretty much a 'traffic simulator'.

How about Dwarf Fortress?

No graphics at all really.

Seconding Dwarf Fortress!

There are texture packs to make it look nicer!
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Prev 1 220 221 222 223 224 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5535
Bisu 2940
Jaedong 1015
Soulkey 837
Horang2 591
EffOrt 543
Mini 393
actioN 348
Larva 305
ZerO 231
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 229
Mind 93
Pusan 87
hero 80
Sea.KH 79
Shinee 71
Sharp 70
Snow 64
Dewaltoss 60
Hyun 60
Barracks 49
Bale 48
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 37
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
NaDa 14
Rock 13
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4893
qojqva2357
Dendi1025
Counter-Strike
Fnx 515
Other Games
olofmeister1380
hiko939
B2W.Neo744
Lowko337
crisheroes300
DeMusliM286
Pyrionflax205
XBOCT204
Hui .180
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX143
QueenE85
Mew2King53
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1254
WardiTV806
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV656
League of Legends
• Nemesis2293
• Jankos2128
• TFBlade706
Other Games
• Shiphtur108
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 47m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.