• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:27
CEST 18:27
KST 01:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13136 users

Japanese rightist attacked China's embassy - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 26 Next All
AK-Nemesis
Profile Joined December 2002
2005 Posts
April 23 2004 02:23 GMT
#141
i'm an asian, a taiwanese.
i'm just going to try to be as unbiased as possible in this matter.
generational grduges are indeed really bad.
but i think most of the younger generation of asian who are disliking japanese is mostly because how the japanese government not only ignore the destruction they caused in wwII in public, but also ignoring them on their textbooks. If their younger generation isn't going to even hear about the mistakes of history, how will they learn from it.
I personally dont agree to the whole issue of "my great great grandfather got owned by ur great great grandfather, so pay me now", but at least apologize to the comfort women who had to suffer during the best of their 20s. and mind you, many of them are still alive and crying on tv.
it's not about money, it's just about the dignity that some lost before and some unwilling to lose any now.
Nemesis has left the building~
iggs999
Profile Joined February 2004
Russian Federation722 Posts
April 23 2004 02:24 GMT
#142
On April 23 2004 11:19 OriginalLogic wrote:
Ok, big post. Like I said before, and as Agony has been continuing, your hatred for the Japanese is, most likely, based on false findings and information.

It's much like racial bigotry. Those educated in a society see past these kinds of things and accept people for who they are, not where they come from or what they look like. When you kids grow up, you'll figure this out. Although...some kids never grow up.

I don't care if you say: "You will never understand the Korean issues" because, guess what, that's bullshit. I can see from all the things that you type that you make blatantly incorrect assumptions from things you hear or read in your own media. Find me a Japanese historical textbook, used in Japanese schools, that completely ignores the Nanjing China incident. You won't find one. That happened in the eighties IN CHINA, when Japanese politicians controlled things. It's not happening today.

As an American, I'm told constantly that I "don't know what I'm talking about" and am "uneducated" simply because I'm an American. I understand where this stereotype comes from...there are a lot of stupid people in America that have internet access. So, this gives me the unique perspective to compare the stereotypical American forum posts, that every foreigner loves to hate, with the recent posts that you have included here, "we want peace." Your posts have shown me that you have not actually researched the subject you're trying to argue, nor do you have any real factual information to back up your argument.

Key Point: Don't make arguments based on "how you feel." You DO NOT have the right to infringe upon others because you feel that the Japanese owe you an apology. Hell, my father was killed by a police car that forgot to turn on his siren and went blaring through an intersection, but I'm not even going to get an apology for something that personal. You don't need one for war attrocities that happened to people 67 years ago. They lost the war and had the shit kicked out of them and are embarassed for what they've done. Not to mention, not very much was even known about Unit 731 (responsible for Nanjing) until the 1970's. The politicians of the era following the many discoveries involving 731 are those that attempted to change texts and alter history.

Finally, the mentality of the Japanese during this era was one that, similar to the ideas of some conquests during the European medeival era, was one of spreading their respective gene pool into other areas of the world. You need to keep in mind that the leaders responsible for these ideas that lead to attrocities were KILLED for their crimes. I understand that no real apology was given by the Japanese government for Nanjing, but those war crimes were a response to similar occurences to Japanese people living in China pre-WW2 (i.e. Japanese were raped/killed by Chinese). That doesn't make it right, but you need to just end the judgment and just drop the situation or it will never go away. You're just beating a dead horse.

And, "we want peace," don't bother responding to my post. You don't have a firm enough grasp on English to understand what I'm typing, as is apparent in your previous posts, nor do you have any actual idea of how to form a convincing/proper argument. Hint: Peace does not include retaliation of any kind towards another country, simply because a radical, that happens to be of Japanese decent, bombed people in your country. That's the most illogical contradiction I have ever read.

I'll probably think of more things...you Chinese/Korean haters can post more stuff and I might respond, but you'll probably just spew more unjustified forms of hatred/bigotry towards the Japanese because of your uneducated assumptions. But..eh, I'll probably still reply to your jabber.



people like you really dont deserve to live. i can openly say that.
it would be interesting how your perspective would change if your mother or grandmother had been raped and 99% of your family was killed off. "oh its cool dude, i cant go on living in resentment JUST CUZ MY FAMILY WAS SLAUGHTERED"
dont insult we want peace's english, he actually has surprisingly GOOD english, gj peace. he has proven to be a very courteous logical and unrash forumer unlike yourself who has only contributed worthless crap and ignorant opinions. go take your life


STFU
hi
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-04-23 02:26:35
April 23 2004 02:25 GMT
#143
I think you are posting uneducated assumptions. I'm just sick of these interpretations by ppl who don't even understand these cultures.

On April 23 2004 11:19 OriginalLogic wrote:
Ok, big post. Like I said before, and as Agony has been continuing, your hatred for the Japanese is, most likely, based on false findings and information.

It's much like racial bigotry. Those educated in a society see past these kinds of things and accept people for who they are, not where they come from or what they look like. When you kids grow up, you'll figure this out. Although...some kids never grow up.

I don't care if you say: "You will never understand the Korean issues" because, guess what, that's bullshit. I can see from all the things that you type that you make blatantly incorrect assumptions from things you hear or read in your own media. Find me a Japanese historical textbook, used in Japanese schools, that completely ignores the Nanjing China incident. You won't find one. That happened in the eighties IN CHINA, when Japanese politicians controlled things. It's not happening today.

As an American, I'm told constantly that I "don't know what I'm talking about" and am "uneducated" simply because I'm an American. I understand where this stereotype comes from...there are a lot of stupid people in America that have internet access. So, this gives me the unique perspective to compare the stereotypical American forum posts, that every foreigner loves to hate, with the recent posts that you have included here, "we want peace." Your posts have shown me that you have not actually researched the subject you're trying to argue, nor do you have any real factual information to back up your argument.

Key Point: Don't make arguments based on "how you feel." You DO NOT have the right to infringe upon others because you feel that the Japanese owe you an apology. Hell, my father was killed by a police car that forgot to turn on his siren and went blaring through an intersection, but I'm not even going to get an apology for something that personal. You don't need one for war attrocities that happened to people 67 years ago. They lost the war and had the shit kicked out of them and are embarassed for what they've done. Not to mention, not very much was even known about Unit 731 (responsible for Nanjing) until the 1970's. The politicians of the era following the many discoveries involving 731 are those that attempted to change texts and alter history.

Finally, the mentality of the Japanese during this era was one that, similar to the ideas of some conquests during the European medeival era, was one of spreading their respective gene pool into other areas of the world. You need to keep in mind that the leaders responsible for these ideas that lead to attrocities were KILLED for their crimes. I understand that no real apology was given by the Japanese government for Nanjing, but those war crimes were a response to similar occurences to Japanese people living in China pre-WW2 (i.e. Japanese were raped/killed by Chinese). That doesn't make it right, but you need to just end the judgment and just drop the situation or it will never go away. You're just beating a dead horse.

And, "we want peace," don't bother responding to my post. You don't have a firm enough grasp on English to understand what I'm typing, as is apparent in your previous posts, nor do you have any actual idea of how to form a convincing/proper argument. Hint: Peace does not include retaliation of any kind towards another country, simply because a radical, that happens to be of Japanese decent, bombed people in your country. That's the most illogical contradiction I have ever read.

I'll probably think of more things...you Chinese/Korean haters can post more stuff and I might respond, but you'll probably just spew more unjustified forms of hatred/bigotry towards the Japanese because of your uneducated assumptions. But..eh, I'll probably still reply to your jabber.

OriginalLogic
Profile Joined February 2003
United States85 Posts
April 23 2004 02:25 GMT
#144
Go read my post and do some research about those textbooks.
Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake.
AK-Nemesis
Profile Joined December 2002
2005 Posts
April 23 2004 02:27 GMT
#145
OriginalLogic, i didn't do a lot of research into this, but are you really sure that the japanese history books include sufficient descriptions of wwII? i admit that so far i have not actually seen one.
Nemesis has left the building~
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
April 23 2004 02:28 GMT
#146
There was a huge protest in korea about those japapanese history books.
AK-Nemesis
Profile Joined December 2002
2005 Posts
April 23 2004 02:31 GMT
#147
i suppose the japanese government didnt' officially respond to that protest...
but enlighten me in this matter, has ANY japanese UNOFFICIAL organizations ever tried to contact or do...whatever to try to help things up?
Nemesis has left the building~
OriginalLogic
Profile Joined February 2003
United States85 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-04-23 02:33:59
April 23 2004 02:31 GMT
#148
I've lost people in my life because of stupidity, but I'm not sitting here crying about it. I know people that have been raped and, yes, it's very horrible, but these are things that happened because of a single individuals actions. The Japanese attrocities were very horrible also, but they were committed by people that were consumed by propaganda during WW2. They are, by no means, a good thing and the Japanese government should issue and apology, but they honestly don't have to. The main point is that YOU HATE JAPANESE PEOPLE FOR WHAT THEIR GOVERNMENT IS DOING. The people that you hate didn't do anything. If you want to direct hate at anyone, just direct it at their government, but you seem to think every Japanese person in the world owes you an apology.

Actually, I think all the Asians in the world owe me an apology because one of my friends relatives was raped by someone of asian decent. That makes sense...

Also, I wasn't making fun of his english. I was trying to say that he seems to go off on tangents, different from what the normal english posters were trying to say. He responds with unrelated sentences. He did it a couple times. I'm not making fun of him.

About those textbooks...they were textbooks IN CHINA. They were issued so that Chinese citizens would forget about the Nanjing incidents and all the WW2 stuff. It probably spread to somewhere in Japan itself, but that was all spurred on by specific individuals in the government that are no longer in power.
Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake.
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
April 23 2004 02:32 GMT
#149
Not that i have heard of.;;;
iggs999
Profile Joined February 2004
Russian Federation722 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-04-23 02:35:18
April 23 2004 02:32 GMT
#150
originallogic are you asian? were you there first hand when it happened? were you a child who was told these horrible attrocities first hand by a surviving grandmother or mother? were your forced to accept it under entirely different cultural standards? can you even relate to any asian cultural standards? if you answered no to all of the above, stop posting your unsensical opinion, because you are not asian, you were not there. no amount of research can compensate that and give you the ability to argue in favor of those who commited attrocities and didnt reconciliate.
hi
iggs999
Profile Joined February 2004
Russian Federation722 Posts
April 23 2004 02:33 GMT
#151
i find it funny how one white american male thinks he's right arguing against infinite asain males who actually know their shit and hold a different sentiment
hi
FroZZoR
Profile Joined October 2002
China925 Posts
April 23 2004 02:34 GMT
#152
seriously the whole ___Logic clan should just stfu or be banned from posting
There can be only one
iggs999
Profile Joined February 2004
Russian Federation722 Posts
April 23 2004 02:35 GMT
#153
agreed
hi
OriginalLogic
Profile Joined February 2003
United States85 Posts
April 23 2004 02:35 GMT
#154
Wow...you people seriously don't know how to read or form opinions. You just take your parents assumptions and opinions and use them as your own.

Go read my posts again. I said nothing about these things being ok. I even said that the Japanese government SHOULD issue an apology, but you're treating every Japanese person like shit for things they didn't do. Grow up.
Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake.
OriginalLogic
Profile Joined February 2003
United States85 Posts
April 23 2004 02:37 GMT
#155
You inability to comprehend things should not result in my being banned...how is that logical?

I didn't even say anything that should be offensive to anyone. I took information from historical references.
Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake.
iggs999
Profile Joined February 2004
Russian Federation722 Posts
April 23 2004 02:38 GMT
#156
but seriously originallogic all of your irrelevent notions aside, do you sincerely think you as a sole individual are right when there are countless, and i mean countless asians who are more informed than you, and were told of this first hand, experienced it, and hold a different sentiment. you think you are right and 100,000+(or however many share this sentiment) asians are wrong?
hi
AK-Nemesis
Profile Joined December 2002
2005 Posts
April 23 2004 02:38 GMT
#157
now this is just getting no where.
Nemesis has left the building~
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
April 23 2004 02:39 GMT
#158
I'm Korean. And this is not going to affect my following statement:

Ever since I was young, my family, mostly my mother [ Because I grew up under her roof ] never really liked Japanese people, and on occasion cursed at them. She's mentioned things like ' If you ever marry a Japanese person... ' things like that. But then again she says that for any other culture. Old generation Koreans have this thing where they think their offspring should marry only other Koreans.

I've studied alot of Korean history because I've finished 8 grades of Korean School. It progresses alot faster than English grades of school because there is only 8. In those 8 years, I learned to read, write, and speak Korean. And I read alot of interesting history.

What the Japanese [ of that era ] did to my ancestors was the extremes of violation of basic human rights. I've never had any Japanese influence [ Person wise ] in my life. I know zero Japanese people.

But I love anime, and I love Jpop, also one of my goals is to learn to speak fluent Japanese before my highschool years are over. In addition, I really wish I had a Japanese friend.

I think Japan was a confused country back in the old generation and that the new generation doesn't really know about what their ancestors did to China and the whole of Korea. I know Japanese people don't look at a map of Korea and say, ' Wow my ancestors created North and South Korea '

I have nothing to do with it since I'm new generation Korean but I don't think I'd forgive what the Japanese did to my mother's parents. But Japan is a respectable nation not seeking regional domination, so I guess it's up to the individual to decide what they think of Japan.

iggs999
Profile Joined February 2004
Russian Federation722 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-04-23 02:42:10
April 23 2004 02:40 GMT
#159
On April 23 2004 11:35 OriginalLogic wrote:
Wow...you people seriously don't know how to read or form opinions. You just take your parents assumptions and opinions and use them as your own.

Go read my posts again. I said nothing about these things being ok. I even said that the Japanese government SHOULD issue an apology, but you're treating every Japanese person like shit for things they didn't do. Grow up.


ITS NOT THE POINT WHETHER THEY DID IT OR NOT. THE POINT IS THEY REFUSE TO CONCEDE THAT WHAT THEIR ANCESTORS DID DO, THEY WERE AT FAULT FOR. IF THEY SIMPLY DID THIS EVERYONE WOULD BE FORGIVEN AND WE COULD MOVE ON. DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ?
hi
OriginalLogic
Profile Joined February 2003
United States85 Posts
April 23 2004 02:41 GMT
#160
The only thing you need to realize is that no matter how much you've heard of first hand accounts, it doesn't make your hatred for a whole people ok. Start judging people like adults, as individuals, rather than stereotyping and being a bigot towards all Japanese.
Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM742
TKL 343
IndyStarCraft 214
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 742
ByuN 349
TKL 343
Reynor 255
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53104
Bisu 2769
Calm 2489
FanTaSy 740
Stork 581
Rush 469
hero 283
firebathero 178
actioN 125
Sharp 90
[ Show more ]
Free 51
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 30
Pusan 27
soO 25
Rock 24
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 15
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10891
Dendi1031
Counter-Strike
fl0m5421
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing1976
Liquid`RaSZi1597
B2W.Neo709
Beastyqt583
Khaldor488
Mlord486
olofmeister445
KnowMe299
FrodaN173
crisheroes165
Livibee3
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach44
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV537
League of Legends
• Nemesis3030
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1561
Other Games
• Shiphtur646
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 34m
OSC
6h 34m
Replay Cast
6h 34m
OSC
19h 34m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.