• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:05
CEST 11:05
KST 18:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6939 users

Free Windows 7 Pro for (some) students (out now!) - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Tomed
Profile Joined August 2005
United States176 Posts
August 26 2009 17:41 GMT
#61
If you're an ACM student member then you can use your ACM account to access of all of the MSDN software (including Win7 pro)
Smorrie
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands2955 Posts
August 26 2009 17:53 GMT
#62
On August 27 2009 02:40 stafu wrote:
I'm currently running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (RTM-OEM), but I have access to MSDN-AA. Is there any difference between Ultimate & Pro?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions
It has a strong technique, but it lacks oo.
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
August 26 2009 18:31 GMT
#63
If anyone gets a copy and doesn't want it, I need one
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
August 26 2009 18:34 GMT
#64
Yeah I've been running this for nearly 2 weeks now, and it's pretty awesome. It of course has lots of minor issues and such, but it blows the shit out of Vista, and it's worth it for all the little options/features/sexiness it has. =)

After a bunch of patches I'm sure it's going to be the new standard, it seems pretty solid.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
August 26 2009 18:39 GMT
#65
i love MSDNAA thx for posting
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
August 26 2009 18:41 GMT
#66
did anyone at york (specifically schulich) any have luck of getting a username? i've contacted the program administrator and currently waiting for a response.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
August 26 2009 18:55 GMT
#67
great, works with my school account
[uci] Fizik
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States263 Posts
August 26 2009 19:09 GMT
#68
Blabber, come install it on my computer! =p
Liquid'HerO fan for LIFE.
MeriaDoKk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Chile1726 Posts
August 26 2009 19:18 GMT
#69
In my university everyone with a laptop can go and get it, pretty cool
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
August 26 2009 19:58 GMT
#70
holy shit, sweet! Thanks blabber! I'm sending an email the my admin right now for access!
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
August 27 2009 07:04 GMT
#71
Thanks, I was aware of MSDNAA already and have just been waiting for Win7 to be released. I've been running the Release Candidate for a couple of weeks now and it hasn't crashed a single time. Lots of cute little features too. Seems like I successfully dodged Vista after all
Sent a mail to my university's software admin.
VarmVaffel
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway378 Posts
August 27 2009 10:37 GMT
#72
Have anybody tried registering themselves in the IEEE, and gotten a free Win7 key successfully? And were your school registered in the MSDNAA program?

I'm not sure wether or not to register, as my school is not in the official program.
InKline
Profile Joined June 2004
144 Posts
August 27 2009 10:41 GMT
#73
Windows 7 is awesome, downloaded it from my MSDNAA and it works like a charm
Against ALL Authorities
SoLaR[i.C]
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States2969 Posts
August 27 2009 22:47 GMT
#74
I currently have 32-bit Vista Home Pro running on my laptop with 4gb of RAM.

My question is: Is it worth it to do a fresh install of Windows Vista 64-bit AND THEN upgrade to Windows 7 x64? It would require me to update bios, drivers, norton 360, backup files, etc etc.

OR should I save my time and just upgrade to the Windows 7 x86 (32-bit)? Will I even be able to notice a difference in performance when upgrading to 7 x86?
aers *
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1210 Posts
August 27 2009 23:03 GMT
#75
why would you fresh install vista 64 bit then install windows 7 over it instead of just fresh installing win 7 64 bit..?
SoLaR[i.C]
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States2969 Posts
August 27 2009 23:09 GMT
#76
I was under the impression that that was the route I had to take. I assumed it had something to do with Vista 64 pre-configuring all the bios, drivers, when upgrading to Windows 7. I'm guessing that's not necessary? I've never had to upgrade my OS, so I'm completely new to this. Any help would be wonderful!
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
August 27 2009 23:11 GMT
#77
On August 28 2009 08:09 SoLaR[i.C] wrote:
I was under the impression that that was the route I had to take. I assumed it had something to do with Vista 64 pre-configuring all the bios, drivers, when upgrading to Windows 7. I'm guessing that's not necessary? I've never had to upgrade my OS, so I'm completely new to this. Any help would be wonderful!

you can go straight to 7.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
August 27 2009 23:13 GMT
#78
I need to figure out if I want to run Win7 Pro on my netbook with 1GB of RAM, or if I should get it to 2 GB first...
TranslatorBaa!
aers *
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1210 Posts
August 27 2009 23:21 GMT
#79
On August 28 2009 08:09 SoLaR[i.C] wrote:
I was under the impression that that was the route I had to take. I assumed it had something to do with Vista 64 pre-configuring all the bios, drivers, when upgrading to Windows 7. I'm guessing that's not necessary? I've never had to upgrade my OS, so I'm completely new to this. Any help would be wonderful!


Win 7 is actually a million times better at supporting hardware after install than Vista. It'll probably install drivers for nearly everything automatically.


oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
August 27 2009 23:33 GMT
#80
im using 7 on the laptop and vista 64 on the desktop. i still like vista more than most, but 7 has been good so far.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 744
actioN 663
BeSt 340
Killer 226
Mong 149
Dewaltoss 127
sorry 69
sSak 39
ZergMaN 35
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Larva 30
Bale 29
NotJumperer 22
ToSsGirL 18
yabsab 16
Noble 12
HiyA 4
Counter-Strike
byalli598
Other Games
summit1g11663
olofmeister965
Happy365
Sick203
crisheroes169
Pyrionflax113
KnowMe112
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick758
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos916
• Stunt433
Other Games
• WagamamaTV119
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 55m
Replay Cast
13h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.