• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:28
CEST 04:28
KST 11:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6057 users

Free Windows 7 Pro for (some) students (out now!) - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
October 23 2009 05:10 GMT
#121
FYI ACM student membership no longer come with Windows 7
Rillanon.au
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
October 23 2009 05:17 GMT
#122
On October 23 2009 13:41 haduken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2009 01:18 mikeymoo wrote:
On October 22 2009 14:43 haduken wrote:
you need to register for msdnaa which is usually available from your faculty or convenor.

my convenor is being a bitch and won't register me because I don't take any microsoft subjects rofl.

I went and payed $20 bucks for IEEE student membership but they pulled windows 7 lol.

god i hate microsoft.

Wait WHAT? Source?


huh? what source, I'm being emailing IEEE for like 2 weeks asking them why Window 7 is not on their repo and they just said Microsoft don't provide them.

haha damn that sucks dude. I was just about to do this, i was filling out the credit card info but I decided to look into it a little bit more before I hit purchase and read that they pulled it. Now I got it for $40 canadian with the student deal. Pretty sweet deal / OS.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
October 23 2009 05:20 GMT
#123
Found this on another forum.
Dear Students,

Due to a large influx of NON-computing (IT) students joining ACM just to get a copy of Windows 7 Final Release, it had to be taken out of the Microsoft Developer Academic Alliance package offered to ACM Student Members. Windows 7 Beta remains among a LOT of other software.

The Developer Academic Alliance is supposed to be JUST FOR COMPUTING-TYPE STUDENTS. Microsoft offers another package, Dream Spark, for those non-computing students.

I encourage you to check out ACM Student Membership for "real" since we really do offer a great bargain — free e-mentoring, free software from other companies, the digital edition to Communications of the ACM, Crossroads Magazine, etc., etc.

Have a look: [www.acm.org]

Lillian Israel
ACM Director of Membership


Fuck. I try to be proactive by getting my IEEE membership early and end up with this? Fuck.
If I buy it with the student pricing and MSDNAA decides to put it back on I will be super pissed. I shouldn't have to pay for 7 in any moral regard anyway, since Vista is such a POS they should be paying me for using it and dealing with bs every time it updates.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
October 23 2009 05:43 GMT
#124
If you are having trouble with the download process from the MSDN make sure to use IE. It doesn't work properly with other browsers.
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
October 23 2009 05:49 GMT
#125
Anyone know of a good solution to live messenger windows being grouped and a pain in the ass?
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
October 23 2009 05:54 GMT
#126
On October 23 2009 13:45 Slow Motion wrote:
Wait, so if you go for the $30 student option, and get a CD, can you use the CD for a clean install or do you have to upgrade from Vista? I'm running XP 32bit right now, but I'd like to get a Win 7 64bit CD and do a clean install if possible.


Yeah you can , you can even download it and burn it on a DVD that would work.
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
October 23 2009 06:25 GMT
#127
Okay so my school has it but IEEE got pulled. So now I have to get MSDNAA through my school, which isn't a huge deal, but is still annoying.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
October 23 2009 07:06 GMT
#128
On October 23 2009 14:49 jimminy_kriket wrote:
Anyone know of a good solution to live messenger windows being grouped and a pain in the ass?

right click your taskbar, properties, pick "never combine"
only problem is that it applies to all applications
© Current year.
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
October 26 2009 06:53 GMT
#129
I got the link for 30$ from win471 or something after using a college email.

What is the best version of Windows 7 to get? I see 32bit, 64bit, Home Premium, Professional upgrade.

Do I need original Vista to install or can I do a clean install from the Windows 7 file?
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
October 26 2009 08:49 GMT
#130
On October 26 2009 15:53 [X]Ken_D wrote:
I got the link for 30$ from win471 or something after using a college email.

What is the best version of Windows 7 to get? I see 32bit, 64bit, Home Premium, Professional upgrade.

Do I need original Vista to install or can I do a clean install from the Windows 7 file?

if you know your processor can handle 64 bit, then get that

home premium includes all the windows eye candy and what not which is fine for most users. Professional includes some extra things that involve network and server support.

you can upgrade from vista or do a clean install
© Current year.
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
October 26 2009 10:07 GMT
#131
On October 26 2009 17:49 CorSairHeRo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2009 15:53 [X]Ken_D wrote:
I got the link for 30$ from win471 or something after using a college email.

What is the best version of Windows 7 to get? I see 32bit, 64bit, Home Premium, Professional upgrade.

Do I need original Vista to install or can I do a clean install from the Windows 7 file?

if you know your processor can handle 64 bit, then get that

home premium includes all the windows eye candy and what not which is fine for most users. Professional includes some extra things that involve network and server support.

you can upgrade from vista or do a clean install

To be sure, I can put Windows 7 on a wipeout PC without having owned any previous Windows correct?
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
XoXiDe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States620 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-26 13:51:29
October 26 2009 13:51 GMT
#132
On October 26 2009 15:53 [X]Ken_D wrote:
I got the link for 30$ from win471 or something after using a college email.

What is the best version of Windows 7 to get? I see 32bit, 64bit, Home Premium, Professional upgrade.

Do I need original Vista to install or can I do a clean install from the Windows 7 file?


Me Too! seems to be running better and booting up faster than the win7 evaluation version i had.

fyi i got the 64 bit version home premium/did clean install
TEXAN
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
October 26 2009 14:17 GMT
#133
On October 26 2009 19:07 [X]Ken_D wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2009 17:49 CorSairHeRo wrote:
On October 26 2009 15:53 [X]Ken_D wrote:
I got the link for 30$ from win471 or something after using a college email.

What is the best version of Windows 7 to get? I see 32bit, 64bit, Home Premium, Professional upgrade.

Do I need original Vista to install or can I do a clean install from the Windows 7 file?

if you know your processor can handle 64 bit, then get that

home premium includes all the windows eye candy and what not which is fine for most users. Professional includes some extra things that involve network and server support.

you can upgrade from vista or do a clean install

To be sure, I can put Windows 7 on a wipeout PC without having owned any previous Windows correct?

Yeah
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
statix
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States1760 Posts
November 04 2009 13:51 GMT
#134
On October 26 2009 22:51 XoXiDe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2009 15:53 [X]Ken_D wrote:
I got the link for 30$ from win471 or something after using a college email.

What is the best version of Windows 7 to get? I see 32bit, 64bit, Home Premium, Professional upgrade.

Do I need original Vista to install or can I do a clean install from the Windows 7 file?


Me Too! seems to be running better and booting up faster than the win7 evaluation version i had.

fyi i got the 64 bit version home premium/did clean install



Can other people confirm if this is legit?
SCC-Caliban
XoXiDe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States620 Posts
November 04 2009 15:31 GMT
#135
here is a promo from the microsoft site if it makes u feel better
http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/software/windows-7.aspx
TEXAN
statix
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States1760 Posts
November 04 2009 20:02 GMT
#136
yeah it does. Thanks!
SCC-Caliban
saxena_j
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia27 Posts
November 05 2009 08:07 GMT
#137
i want to install win7 on 2 computers, what excuse should i use to get 2 serials?
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
November 05 2009 08:35 GMT
#138
On November 05 2009 17:07 saxena_j wrote:
i want to install win7 on 2 computers, what excuse should i use to get 2 serials?

You get access to 32 bit and 64 bit windows. They use separate keys.
© Current year.
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
November 05 2009 09:23 GMT
#139
Fuck Microsoft. Australians will continue to be treated as second class consumers by these fags.
Rillanon.au
Neo7
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States922 Posts
November 05 2009 13:54 GMT
#140
One of my CS Professors slapped a bunch of Windows 7 CDs with keys to the Enterprise edition and said take one if you want it. I pretty much have Windows 7 Ultimate...but with the Enterprise brand.
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings173
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 247
Terrorterran 18
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift5857
JimRising 736
Counter-Strike
taco 270
minikerr40
Other Games
summit1g13225
C9.Mang0459
PiLiPiLi16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1165
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP184
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 32m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 32m
Replay Cast
20h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.