• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:20
CEST 00:20
KST 07:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8402 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 31

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 248 Next
Avean
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway449 Posts
July 22 2011 18:54 GMT
#601
Looks really amazing
lisward
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Singapore959 Posts
July 22 2011 18:56 GMT
#602
Apparently Australasia won't be getting it anytime soon ):
Opinions are like phasers -- everybody ought to have one
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 19:21:42
July 22 2011 19:10 GMT
#603
You can still pre order the CE on Amazon with no problems. So if you're still looking to pre order, I would check out amazon. ^^


Edit: I can also pre order online from wal-mart, gamestop, etc. so it seems that only in stores the game is having trouble being pre ordered. So look around online, I'm sure you'll be able to find it.
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
AT_Tack
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany435 Posts
July 22 2011 19:38 GMT
#604
why is there not a single second of beta gameplay on youtube?

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?
mathsucks
Profile Joined January 2011
194 Posts
July 22 2011 19:56 GMT
#605
It's an NDA...and they know how to enforce it. People who have leaked beta info were kicked out...so you dont find a lot of leaked info, as no one wants to get kicked out. Is it likely the videos removed from youtube, given the info they're conveying breaks contracts?
"Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy, it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things" -Unknown || www.twitch.tv/scmathsux
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
July 22 2011 21:38 GMT
#606
On July 23 2011 04:56 mathsucks wrote:
It's an NDA...and they know how to enforce it. People who have leaked beta info were kicked out...so you dont find a lot of leaked info, as no one wants to get kicked out. Is it likely the videos removed from youtube, given the info they're conveying breaks contracts?


There's plenty of leaked info, and plenty of sites leaking it, the videos are removed from YT but you can still download them.

http://betacake.blogspot.com/
http://www.alterswtor.com/
http://justswtor.blogspot.com/
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
July 23 2011 01:54 GMT
#607
I already posted a dl link to a leaked vid zzz.

Anyway I got my CE off Amazon this morning.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
AT_Tack
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany435 Posts
July 23 2011 13:22 GMT
#608
On July 23 2011 10:54 Khul Sadukar wrote:
I already posted a dl link to a leaked vid zzz.

Anyway I got my CE off Amazon this morning.


while the video was high quality, without interface and skills and knowing objectives etc. ,its just a pretty character animation demo with bad collision.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
July 23 2011 20:41 GMT
#609
On July 23 2011 22:22 AT_Tack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2011 10:54 Khul Sadukar wrote:
I already posted a dl link to a leaked vid zzz.

Anyway I got my CE off Amazon this morning.


while the video was high quality, without interface and skills and knowing objectives etc. ,its just a pretty character animation demo with bad collision.


There are other vids around with interface, quest objectives ,.... Just look through this thread and you should find enough information to search for them.

Also:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Looks like some nice design decisions
Instanced world zones :D
GeeRobb
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada36 Posts
July 25 2011 18:39 GMT
#610
Any of you TL members starting a us east guild? Would love to join I usually play mmo's for the pvp aspect so if anyone wants to let me join/cooperate in starting a pvp guild lemme no on this thread or pm me
TossedPro.860
Furycrab
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada456 Posts
July 25 2011 19:05 GMT
#611
On July 24 2011 05:41 Zocat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2011 22:22 AT_Tack wrote:
On July 23 2011 10:54 Khul Sadukar wrote:
I already posted a dl link to a leaked vid zzz.

Anyway I got my CE off Amazon this morning.


while the video was high quality, without interface and skills and knowing objectives etc. ,its just a pretty character animation demo with bad collision.


There are other vids around with interface, quest objectives ,.... Just look through this thread and you should find enough information to search for them.

Also:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Looks like some nice design decisions
Instanced world zones :D


Age of Conan went that route. Can't say it was terrible for the game. That game has/had other problems after you got out of the starter zones which I won't go into details, but I don't think it's main issues was that you had instances of world zones.

It makes for weird mechanics on pvp servers, and on the SDCC I think that's what they kinda hinted it a little bit. It has it's weird points, but it also drastically increases the maximum population of a given shard.



Too tired to come up with something witty.
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
July 26 2011 01:19 GMT
#612
Okay I don't mean to bash the game and I probably will be preordering it when it gets sooner to release, but everything I have seen so far seems less than impressive imo.

I want to be optimistic about this game being the next AAA MMO, and I want to be a subscriber for years to come but there really just isn't anything that I find interesting or excited for. The graphics don't look like a current gen MMO, the combat looks pretty stale, PvP seems pretty turn based swing, swing, swing. I don't know, it's just not flashy enough for me or something.

Anyway, I wanna know what people are most looking forward to. What are the high points that everyone can't wait to try? I don't need the game to have any new ground breaking innovative mechanics but I do want it to deliver well on things that already exist in other MMOs, aside from being 'starwars' themed.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-26 02:24:34
July 26 2011 02:22 GMT
#613
On July 26 2011 04:05 Furycrab wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2011 05:41 Zocat wrote:
On July 23 2011 22:22 AT_Tack wrote:
On July 23 2011 10:54 Khul Sadukar wrote:
I already posted a dl link to a leaked vid zzz.

Anyway I got my CE off Amazon this morning.


while the video was high quality, without interface and skills and knowing objectives etc. ,its just a pretty character animation demo with bad collision.


There are other vids around with interface, quest objectives ,.... Just look through this thread and you should find enough information to search for them.

Also:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Looks like some nice design decisions
Instanced world zones :D


Age of Conan went that route. Can't say it was terrible for the game. That game has/had other problems after you got out of the starter zones which I won't go into details, but I don't think it's main issues was that you had instances of world zones.

It makes for weird mechanics on pvp servers, and on the SDCC I think that's what they kinda hinted it a little bit. It has it's weird points, but it also drastically increases the maximum population of a given shard.



I also played games which went that route and I personally didnt like it.
And basically because of that reasons you mentioned "PvP". Also communication is more difficult and makes it "inconvenient" (You have invite people to the group (and leave your own i.e.) if you want to show them something, or help someone with a mob, or trade, ...).
Always seeing the same person levelling (when you both level at the same speed) imho helps immersion. With zone instances it feels more segregated.

About population stability - I dont know. Sure you're correct but I dont really see the need for it when other MMOs have no problem with this issue.
Though it might be a solution to the "ghost shard" problem other MMOs suffer from. No need to merge servers and basically officially admit that you're player numbers are shrinking

On July 26 2011 10:19 Zidane wrote:
Anyway, I wanna know what people are most looking forward to. What are the high points that everyone can't wait to try? I don't need the game to have any new ground breaking innovative mechanics but I do want it to deliver well on things that already exist in other MMOs, aside from being 'starwars' themed.


Hopefully playing a good engaging story with friends together. Basically ME / DA / BG / KOTOR multiplayer with a group of friends.

If the mechanics / PVP is good -> great we'll subscribe!
If not I (we) will quit after we reached max level (or before if it's that bad).
Furycrab
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada456 Posts
July 26 2011 13:35 GMT
#614
I kinda agree on the PVP server end, it does mean that if I camp a specific spot they can sorta runaway from you by either being respawned in another instance, but it can raise the Shard max population by a fairly crazy factor.

I think it leads to weird gathering mechanics where you might want to jump instances to get a fresh one, but that can be tweaked. I never really liked the concept of "rare" spawns, so I don't really mind(Bad memories of FFXI).

You could also tweak certain zones to be unique, like say pvp warzones. I just think there's untapped potential there. Playing on a Ghost Shard sucks far more IMO.

Too tired to come up with something witty.
Kour
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden87 Posts
July 26 2011 16:23 GMT
#615
About instanced world zones, they did say that they would probably use it for the starter zones during launch just to ease the experience of those playing, which I think is fine. But I don't want it for the later zones.

I'm looking most forward to the story and being able to experience that story with other people.

I think that the game looks good and that the combat seems interesting, but it's impossible to say anything about that before I can try the game for myself.
Zodiac7777
Profile Joined November 2010
81 Posts
July 27 2011 17:32 GMT
#616
Is there going to be a TL guild? The WoW one i joined for Cata was pretty good at its core and would love to join another
Maand
Profile Joined April 2010
326 Posts
July 27 2011 17:41 GMT
#617
Only thing that picks my intrest in SW:ToR is playing a Star Wars mmo, and really well designed environments. But so far, animation, skills, interface, combat puts me off so much I'am saddened ;L
Dbars
Profile Joined July 2011
United States273 Posts
July 28 2011 02:11 GMT
#618
On July 28 2011 02:41 Maand wrote:
Only thing that picks my intrest in SW:ToR is playing a Star Wars mmo, and really well designed environments. But so far, animation, skills, interface, combat puts me off so much I'am saddened ;L



I agree the only reason why i will play this is because it is star wars. Other than that i dont think this will hold me very long. Its just looks too much like other mmos that i have played for years.
ViperPL
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland1775 Posts
July 29 2011 09:29 GMT
#619
What happened to beta cake ? Did EA finally got them good and we have to wait for it to reappear ? Cause so far it was far better than the official site, with lots of info and no secrecy.
A dota player and lol player walk into a bar. The dota player says: "lol sucks". Lol player couldn't deny. http://i.imgur.com/FpLeTf1.gif
Gryffindor_us
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States5606 Posts
July 29 2011 09:36 GMT
#620
He (betacake) is switching to the new site/server or whatever. Justswtor has good stuff too actually.
Remember 11-12-04. 이윤열 ~. |||| ZerO, IriS, JangBi, Stork, BackHo! Mah Jae Yoon is no longer a feared entity.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
Nina 143
ViBE77
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15765
Artosis 327
firebathero 86
PianO 16
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever380
canceldota104
NeuroSwarm49
League of Legends
Doublelift3946
Counter-Strike
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
PPMD42
Other Games
summit1g6322
FrodaN1227
shahzam545
C9.Mang0359
B2W.Neo312
RotterdaM93
Mew2King35
fpsfer 2
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile136
• StrangeGG 27
• RyuSc2 19
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1098
• Shiphtur645
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
41m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.